Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Burning Crusade is legit one of the worst expansions WoW ever had, simply because the game has spent the majority of its lifespan trying to deal with the shortsighted shit it shoved into the game.
    I'd be interested to you elaborate on this. Besides flying, how do you think BC damned WoW?

Video games should be primary made for PCs first, with consoles as an afterthought.

FFXIV is a less anime/"weeb" game than WoW.
    Hahahaha. I played hundreds, if not thousands of hours of FF games when I was younger, and you really cannot be serious with this comment.

In this image, a weird child-like race plays a flute while wearing clothing reminiscent of Jack Sparrow if he was actually in the English navy, a man dressed as a cowboy (but with a dagger instead of a gun of course) and with white heeled boots on plays a harp, an anthropomorphized bunny dressed in literal underwear wields ancient Three Kingdoms style frisbees, and an effeminate antropomorphized... wolf? wears a crop top, half sleeves, eight different rings, wields the same frisbees AND, of course, has a tail.

World of Warcraft is still an amazing game!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Midtown Madness 3 was lit.
    Holy shit, not heard that name in ages. I only played 1 and 2, but damn they were so fun. I even made models in some program to then import into the game to drive around...

As for the rest of your post (didn't want to quote the whole thing) I agree with it all too.

Trying to think of an opinion of my own to actually add to the thread, the only thing I can think off is:

Half Life 2 was ahead of it's time and a game changer.

Diablo III for all its faults is the most fun ARPG to actually play. I don't care how many builds PoE or Grim Dawn have if all of them feel like a chore to play.

Sekiro is by far the best and most well designed From Soft game.

Metal Gear games have been great sources of memes but pretty poor actual games all around.

Favoring story instead of gameplay can be good or even great, but very rarely as good as striving to integrate the two.

Bethesda games haven't started being bad with Fallout 76. Their game design has always been quite simplistic and shallow, even Morrowind only breaks that trend if one really wants to invest heavily in magic.

Dragon Age games have been Bioware's best titles, even if 2 is not that good.

Related to the above, Mass Effect Andromeda wasn't great, but also definitely wasn't the shit-tier disaster some people claim it was.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I'll suffer for this one but here goes:

Computer games are ... GAMES, not JOBS.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

None of the innovation in WoW since MoP actually made it a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    2 of the best Zelda's and it's bad ? come on.
    Ocarina of Time is my favorite game, ever! A great fucking game.

And, N64 was the first console I bought myself. Memories <3

Oh, I got one:
    Overwatch is still super fun!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-05-16 at 01:49 AM.

The first Souls games are trash.
    Gameplay and menus like a PS2 game and the game is not hard, just punishing if you dont know every attack pattern and traps.

Resident Evil was more fun when you dont have this boring run away from immortal enemys and do stuff parts.

- Red Dead Redemption 2 is extremely overrated. The story is only really good in the last chapter. Until then it's mediocre. Also the game is 99% meaningless emptiness. The world exploration/interaction so many praise is a facade, a mirage. There's no need to spend time chasing around the map, or to do legendary hunts, because you can easily finish the game with the worst gun, with no upgrades or new weapons. They're just wastes of time. Unlike the side quests of an RPG, they do not develop Arthur at all. The enemy AI is completely dumb and doesn't even flank you. You can just eat tobacco and spam Dead Eye.

- Oblivion was a better RPG, game and TES game than Skyrim. Skyrim is overhyped because it was the first RPG for a lot of people.

- If I hadn't read the Witcher series I would've probably thought Cyberpunk has a better story.

- The fact that Cyberpunk is rated at the same level as Fallout 4 on Steam when its combat and especially story are so much better is a travesty.

- Dragon Age 2 was far better than Inquisition ( especially gameplay wise ) and doesn't deserve being known as the black sheep of the series.

- Making all companions in an RPG bisexual is a safe, boring and soulless choice Devs make out of fear that they'll receive backlash because one character can't be romanced by [insert gender here]

- Mass Effect 2 wasn't that good. The Suicide Mission is awesome but the rest of the game is just a side quest that has almost nothing to do with the overall arc/Reapers. ME3 is so much better it's not even funny, and even if you HATE the ending the other 99% of the game is still way better.

- World of Warcraft dunks on all other MMOs in terms of gameplay, especially instanced PvE and PvP. No comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Also this. ME1 was decent at best, but the writing was pretty bad.

Sheperd: I saw Saren kill his friend! He's a traitor!
    Council: We don't believe you. Saren is our most trusted operative. Also you're grounded.
    *5 minutes later*
    Sheperd: I have a voice recording that proves Saren is a traitor! *even though it could easily have been faked*
    Council: Okay we believe you. Oh and your promoted to being our top agent now, go hunt Saren.
    Shephard didn't see Saren kill Nihilus. He was told Saren killed Nihilus by a guy that was hiding during the attack. Another survivor told Shepherd that a Turian was leading the Geth. All the evidence against Saren during the first talk with the Council is based on hearsay. The voice recording of Saren gloating about the attack is the only actual evidence Shepherd presented. Now, you might question how a voice recording is indisputable evidence of Saren's guilt and that's fine...but it's a small detail.

On Topic: Double Dragon Neon is the best game in the Franchise.

FFXIV is a less anime/"weeb" game than WoW.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tyuIh12_HU

Shitty English lyrics, characters that look straight out of anime talking in British accents with voices that are far too deep for how girly they look, anime combat straight out of Naruto or DBZ.

Yeah right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    TES as a setting is boring as hell and would prefer Bethesda to just make fallout games instead.
    Why do you think Tamriel is boring?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JABoyle3875 View Post
    This, I'm interested in hearing some thoughts on as to why - respectfully, of course. I've sunk about 500 hours into just playing chapters I-VI on it and it is my favorite game of all time aside from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

I'll admit it has some issues. Controls can get stupid-wonky, there are some odd bugs even 2+ years after release, and most of the epilogue missions suck big hairy floppy donkey balls. I play that game to be a good hearted outlaw, robbing, stealing, fighting to survive...I don't play it for a ranching simulator.

But polished shit? With it being, IMO, the best looking game ever made so far if you have the horsepower in your PC? Having a great story? Being able to play outlaw in so many ways? The quality of the acting in it? (34" Ultrawide + i9 + GeForce 3080 = everything maxxed out and 60-70FPS plus, it is jaw dropping)

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Emulating Zelda BOTW on my PC has totally ruined it for me on the Switch until they put out a Switch Pro and a patch that ups the framerate. Putting aside the better graphics, the smoothness is immediately noticable - and I have some REALLY lousy eyes. Like "full strength lenses thicker than the thick brown Army frames" lousy.
    The story isn't that great, though. It only gets good in the last chapter. This proves that a mediocre story with a great ending beats a great story with a mediocre ending, because people praise RDR2's story but honestly it's just CHapter 6 that rocks.

The rest is just 'ride to point X, do stuff'. Arthur is a set character whose decisions and replies you can't influence, the combat isn't that good ( all enemies are the same, no bosses ), there's no real point to do anything outside of stories because they don't advance your character in a meaningful way.

On 1080p the antialiasing looks like shit.

and most of the epilogue missions suck big hairy floppy donkey balls
    The house-building mission and American Venom are great.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Resident Evil 4 stops being good after the middle of the castle. I don't care how many people go "b-but its supposed to be cheesy!" or "b-but the regenerator tho!". The first half is this tense, stressful cross country trek through some spooky woodlands full of monsters in peoples clothing. When it gets to railcars over lava lakes, hanging dragon cannons and a giant robot dwarf built to destroy the castle around it to scare a trespasser on their way out its not resident evil anymore. Its bowser castle and it only gets dumber from there.

The first half is resident evil at its best, the second half is a direct top of the rollercoaster point to the constant series decline till REmake 2 and 7.
    Gotta say I agree. Once the game enters the castle, it goes downhill fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Horizon Zero Dawn is boring and honestly only good for looking pretty. Which isn't worth buying a game, let alone playing it.

Yes, the house building is where it gets good. The only one I didn't despise in either epilogue chapter before the house building was when the other ranch stole the livestock and "Jim Milton" pays a visit to them...the one that has the callback pose to RDR1's box art. But the mission where you have to do chores on the ranch? This is NOT farming simulator, dammit let me shoot something!

I like the slow pace of the story quite a bit, and I consider "no bosses" as a point in favor. I like how the people you go up against are just like you, and there's still some challenge there. You go up against normal people...just a lot of them sometimes. Another point in RDR2 that people hate that I actually like is "ZOMG IT TAKES SOOOO LONG TO GET ANYWHERE"...yeah. It's 1899. That happened a lot back them.

To each their own, but I rather enjoyed the story even before Chapter VI. Sure, there are missions that I hate and wish I could skip...like a lot of Chapter IV, especially the party at the mayor's house - and I played through the optional "Mayor knows you robbed him and wants you to be his muscle" chain just once and won't ever do it again. And yes, they could have made the story better for playing a bad/low honor Arthur.

I can't speak to what it looks like at lower rez, etc. Got lucky as hell with getting a 3080.

But I like the game enough that in an alternate universe when Rockstar would actually consider releasing single player DLC, that would be on my VERY short list of blind preorder buys. That, RDR3 (ESPECIALLY if it centers on Sadie or Charles Smith), and mainline Mario games (say if they did SM Odyssey 2) are the only games I'll preorder.

Doom Eternal is overrated and worse in most qualities over Doom 2016 except the combat.

The classic wow community was never going to be the same as it was when it first came out due to the content being new and people not knowing what they were doing back then. It is in no way, shape, or form Blizzard's fault for how they rolled it out.

BFA's ending wasn't the worst, it's not even in the bottom 3. Remember Deathwing exploding into glitter or "Draenor is free"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Stop replying to the social engineering bot. All it does is make threads and collect your responses.
    Oh balls, I didn't even realize it was it again.

Why isn't it banned yet? Every single post of it is a new thread, with a new personal question. No community should want something like that. Why are we keeping it around?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Oh balls, I didn't even realize it was it again.

Why isn't it banned yet? Every single post of it is a new thread, with a new personal question. No community should want something like that. Why are we keeping it around?
    At least it provokes discussion. Lots of users talking with other users here.

Competitive gaming should be done on console with mouse and keyboard support.. That way we don't have a race to the bottom on graphic setting issue and casuals get to see pros using the same hardware spec as them to dominate.

Added bonus.. there are no aimbots cheaters on console
    Last edited by Semihagez; 2021-05-16 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Why do you think Tamriel is boring?
    I have played oblivion, skyrim and large portions of ESO but at no point have felt any attachment to anything within the IP, cared about anything, story character or world building wise.

Why exactly I don't know, it's not like I don't like fantasy either it's my favorite genre in general. In contrast Warhammer is the opposite, there's virtually nothing I don't like about it, basically everything in it comes in various forms of cool/awesome from lore to visual presentation.