Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    This is a game that tries to maximize profits. Just like most games are.
    Blizzard is far more effective at removing their player base than maximizing profits. Retail WoW going down the drain has a lot to do with this. Classic fairs better but that's pre-Activision content.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Price reduced to $15 dollars today, the arguing can stop…
    Cheers!
    I don't see it at zero, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The only thing you own are the CDs. You have a licence to use the game.
    I'd like to see that taken to court and have it challenged. What good is my ownership if I have to pay a monthly fee to use Blizzard's servers? This is the same reason I dumped Ring Doorbell in favor of Eufy because I don't want to pay a subscription fee for something that I can do myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Blizzard is far more effective at removing their player base than maximizing profits. Retail WoW going down the drain has a lot to do with this. Classic fairs better but that's pre-Activision content.

I'd like to see that taken to court and have it challenged. What good is my ownership if I have to pay a monthly fee to use Blizzard's servers? This is the same reason I dumped Ring Doorbell in favor of Eufy because I don't want to pay a subscription fee for something that I can do myself.
    is that why they still have one of the most played mmo's ever? After more then a decade?

because those two points kinda contradict dont they

Activision-Blizzard stock is pretty much sitting at an all time high so as a long-term stockowner I am fine with their performance.

This has to be one of the most naive things I've seen in these forums. It works just like any other subscription based business. By paying the entry-fee you are eligible for the service that requires monthly payment. Paying the entry fee does not mean they are obligated to offer the service to you for free. But gl trying to challenge them in court, I suggest you at least finish your high school first.
    Last edited by facefist; 2021-05-15 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Ridiculous! No one is soft forced to buy a copy. So those guys got AQ mount 15 years to late and want to perpetuate what? Just move over to tbc like millions did back in the day and stop pretending those achievements are important.

Want to impress people? Show up in retail with AQ mount.
    I mean is it hard to understand, that there are people who want their classic characters to stay in classic, but they also want to play TBC?
    Dude. 35$ for a service like that is absolute bullshit. Why would you defend a company as a consumer when they are selling such product for such price? They backed down more than 50% which is good. Could have been a bit lower, but still it's good. I won't ever understand people who defend companies giving lower quality for bigger price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    is that why they still have one of the most played mmo's ever? After more then a decade?

because those two points kinda contradict dont they
    I mean facts are that they lost playerbase but still increased profits. From a consumer point of view thats bad as they can get away with lover quality, less people and still GROW, not break even, not have same profit - GROW PROFIT. You should understand why that is bad from consumer point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean is it hard to understand, that there are people who want their classic characters to stay in classic, but they also want to play TBC?
    Dude. 35$ for a service like that is absolute bullshit. Why would you defend a company as a consumer when they are selling such product for such price? They backed down more than 50% which is good. Could have been a bit lower, but still it's good. I won't ever understand people who defend companies giving lower quality for bigger price.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean facts are that they lost playerbase but still increased profits. From a consumer point of view thats bad as they can get away with lover quality, less people and still GROW, not break even, not have same profit - GROW PROFIT. You should understand why that is bad from consumer point of view.
    Tell me a game that hasnt lost playerbase over time. ??

Tell me a game that hasnt lost playerbase over time. ??
    I mean in the last quarter. Not the 15 years dude. WE should ask for better.
    How the hell did we pay same price for Legion and SL?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only bad thing they did was to lower it. It's an optional service which gives you more than a server transfer, effectively it is a server transfer in which you keep the character in both servers, and a server transfer costs 25 euros and I've never seen people doing the amount of made up "outrage" about that as people are doing about this BS.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Dude. 35$ for a service like that is absolute bullshit.
    Do you think there are people who want their character to stay on Aegwynn realm, but they also want to play on Aerie peak realm?

It's the first time a cloning service is offered, and while I'm happy for everyone who now only has to pay 15 bucks instead of 35 I'm still amazed such a thing exists in the first place and is even cheaper than a character boost. Can't see the bullshit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Price reduced to $15 dollars today, the arguing can stop…
    Cheers!
    That's not how this works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You're in luck.
    Unfortunately for them I still probably wont But at least it's not off the table now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Activision-Blizzard stock is pretty much sitting at an all time high so as a long-term stockowner I am fine with their performance.
    Their stock performance is probably due to other factors that isn't entirely their fault. Stonks go up, they never go down. GME is still sitting at $160 which is amazing honestly for a company that is essentially dead. Bobby Kotick go a hell of bonus for just being the CEO of a video game company during a pandemic. Them losing 50% of their players and still having a high stock value is just good business, amiright? Stonks don't work like that home boy.
    This has to be one of the most naive things I've seen in these forums.
    Until you wrote this post.
    It works just like any other subscription based business. By paying the entry-fee you are eligible for the service that requires monthly payment. Paying the entry fee does not mean they are obligated to offer the service to you for free.
    It should. Again, what am I paying the monthly fee for? If it's for server maintenance then isn't this part of it?
    But gl trying to challenge them in court,
    We all know it'll just settle outside of court. Nobody wants to challenge this in court whether or not you own the digital goods you paid for. Very good chance the court will side with ownership to the buyer.
    I suggest you at least finish your high school first.
    As soon as you finish elementary school first.

They also have the only successful MMO besides Final Fantasy. Every other MMO ends up failing. That would suggest the MMO model is not very successful, but since everyone copies WoW to make their MMO, it's just that Blizzard's model of an MMO isn't very successful. Look at Ashes of Creation and the reaction from the community. This MMO is dead before launch because of their micro-transactions. They were so sure of their success that they already had a micro-transaction feature ready to go.

Also, retail WoW Shadowlands is already a failure. The only reason WoW even looks good is because of classic. If it wasn't for classic then Final Fantasy would be the most played MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's the first time a cloning service is offered, and while I'm happy for everyone who now only has to pay 15 bucks instead of 35 I'm still amazed such a thing exists in the first place and is even cheaper than a character boost. Can't see the bullshit at all.
    First time you've seen it but those who play on private servers have seen this feature multiple times for free. I've literally gotten a file of my Vanilla character to transfer to any willing private server of my choice. Also character boosts make me angry they exist in TBC. Please don't mention that exists.

They also have the only successful MMO besides Final Fantasy.
    EVE Online...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why would you think the price had any thing to do with activison? blizzard has always had over priced services like the 10$ name change or 30$ faction change.
    Because activision is getting more and more involved in blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You sure about that?
    Why wouldnt I be? And more specifically, what do you what to know what im sure about out of all that i said?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

It should. Again, what am I paying the monthly fee for? If it's for server maintenance then isn't this part of it?
    Access to the service. No, this is an optional service, and trying to compare it to required server maintenance is just an astonishingly bad take.

You’re subscribing to the service, and maintenance is required to ensure paid subscribers have access.

We all know it'll just settle outside of court. Nobody wants to challenge this in court whether or not you own the digital goods you paid for. Very good chance the court will side with ownership to the buyer.
    Digital ownership and Fair Use policy has been a long battled topic, and it generally falls to the user agreements. Blizzard details their license definitions in the EULA on their Legal section.

It’s obvious you’re posturing this as “it’s a required service”, and it is not.
    Last edited by Prag; 2021-05-16 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you'd think with all the Classic players, they'd love to be able to have a reason to grind another 60 levels LUL
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Their stock performance is probably due to other factors that isn't entirely their fault. Stonks go up, they never go down. GME is still sitting at $160 which is amazing honestly for a company that is essentially dead. Bobby Kotick go a hell of bonus for just being the CEO of a video game company during a pandemic. Them losing 50% of their players and still having a high stock value is just good business, amiright? Stonks don't work like that home boy.
    You should probably stop posting about things that are beyond your comprehension, its getting embarrassing.

But at this point I think you are just trolling, hard to believe someone would actually write so stupid stuff.
    Last edited by facefist; 2021-05-16 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    EVE Online...
    Which though popular is like a niche within a niche

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Which though popular is like a niche within a niche
    isnt it also free for most people who just buy gametime with ISK?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius87 View Post
    Because activision is getting more and more involved in blizzard
    I mean not only does that have no bias It doesn't even make sense when you take into account that the prices blizzard has had for its other services are inline with the original price of tis one.

lmao at thinking classic has more players then retail

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure I've seen you try to argue this dumbass point before. You literally don't own anything aside from the physical items when purchased, if any. When you buy and play their game you agree to certain conditions and they are 100% within their rights to remove your access to their servers anytime they want. Of course, it wouldn't be good for business if they didn't have a valid reason but they don't even need one. It's fucking hilarious you think you'd have a shred of hope in court over this.