Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What would make you resub?

Making world content be as efficient as dungeons would make me resub. PSO2 NGS closed beta just completed its run over this weekend and I have to say being out in the world doing things in groups without being grouped where you stand no chance at world mini bosses alone is very refreshing to say the least. The difference between this and WoW is that mini bosses are everywhere with at least two encounters for every 5 levels between level 1 and cap with decent rewards.

Wow badly needs that and also needs bonus world quests to start at level 10, not cap.

I’ve had enough of toxic dungeon groups and there is nothing that will make me accept being in such a negative environment unless there is a viable alternative that also encourages group play such as the above suggested world content as well as a Torghast solo leveling mode that is unlocked for lower level alts from level 10 to 60 by the first toon that achieves a certain milestone at cap level.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-05-16 at 01:39 PM.

All these negative nancies leaving.

A new vision of WoW. Wow 2.0. Complete with outlaw criminal classes of thieves, assassins, warlocks, and necromancers

Tbh, they need a complete revamp using the very oldest of games as their model

I have no faith activision would invest what’s needed and will continue to slowly kill WoW and milk everyone still playing more by the day

Housing
    New Class
    Less focus on instanced content and more sandbox stuff out in the world
    Crafting to matter
    Some sort of Mage tower-esque challenge with a cool reward(s).
    Zones / tone that feels like WoW, not the crap we got in SL.

15+ Year Old Account
    * Proper pve design instead of the gimmicky flashy action game we have now.
    * No chores.
    Basically it should be back to the roots. Luckily we have BC/LK coming up, but I have no idea what happens after these.

10+ Year Old Account
    new expansion.

shadowlands sucks hairy and unwashed donkey balls
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    * Proper pve design instead of the gimmicky flashy action game we have now.
    * No chores.
    Basically it should be back to the roots. Luckily we have BC/LK coming up, but I have no idea what happens after these.
    But.. BC and Wrath had 'chores' too?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Housing
    New Class
    Less focus on instanced content and more sandbox stuff out in the world
    Crafting to matter
    Some sort of Mage tower-esque challenge with a cool reward(s).
    Zones / tone that feels like WoW, not the crap we got in SL.
    You had Housing in WoD, the worst expansion in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I really don't like this argument, but let's say Garrisons were housing - then they were a poor implementation and Blizz can do better. Look at FF14 for instance. Plenty of inspiration - and the housing doesn't have to be individual, I'd be fine with guild housing.

Edit: Nvm, just saw the OP. That guy never makes threads in good faith.

$60k a year from Blizzard and good health insurance? Putting aside my ridiculous fantasies though...

I think there'd need to be a serious refocus on the "World" aspect of WoW for me. My fondest memories of WoW aren't of raiding or instanced BGs/Arena, they're the hijinks/PvP that I used to get into with strangers and friends out in the world. Interacting with the community and being able to recognize players really made it feel like a real world to me.

But that's basically now impossible with sharding/mixed realms. I had a sliver of hope that they'd turn Classic into a soft reboot that would spiral off into a new version of WoW that focused on the more sandbox-ey/community driven RPG feel of Vanilla, but so far it seems that they (and much of the Classic community) just want to make it into a nostalgia-driven cash cow that they don't need to put much thought into.
    Last edited by Rexosaurus; 2021-05-16 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I sub for a couple of months for each expansion but nothing they release will have me subbed year around. The game is too far gone for me personally.

Basically a new total team revamp. Find people who care again about making an mmo rather than a mau retention trap skinner box treating new mechanics like you are playing a korean mobile game instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Running dungeons to get rep and gear and unlock bigger dungeons and raids is not a chore. It is THE content.
    Besides that there were minimal amount of solo rep grinds and questing (actual chores) that were necessary in BC/LK.
    Last edited by Zka; 2021-05-16 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How do you " milk everyone still playing more by the day" on a sub that pretty much has been 15 dollars and steady since 2004?

(if you scream "shop and services" you need to explain that as well)

Other than that...you can hope that AoC or New World is listening to the feedback that people have been screaming out loud and clear on various forum. I think Wildstar and Rift tried that.
    6 month sub mounts. Level boosts even in classic. The very fact that store mounts have been 1000% more prevalent in recent year? That is all content that should have been in game rewards, exclusive and rare, and were instead ruined by being store property.

Wildstar sucked, and I have no faith that Amazon won’t be greedy and kill new world before it even lives.

Also, you totally missed the entire point of my post in your white knighthood of blizzard activision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No one could call that housing. Everquest, ff14, eso, swtor.... those offer real housing.

The garrisons were the worst example of housing In mmorpg history. There isn’t even a close 2nd it so was putrid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Difference is those chores tended to be one and done. Not a weekly or daily checklist.

Once you finished it, you never needed to do the chores again

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Basically a new total team revamp. Find people who care again about making an mmo rather than a mau retention trap skinner box treating new mechanics like you are playing a korean mobile game instead.
    Agree with that statement. Like the bolded part.

I really enjoyed genshin impact and zelda open world realization, wish wow had something similar

10+ Year Old Account
    Content. Devs that listen.

Basically I’ll never resub then I guess.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Content. Devs that listen.

Basically I’ll never resub then I guess.
    Activision will never invest what’s needed to fix WoW. See cod for more clarity on that.

They will continue to milk WoW for all its worth, and if/when they decide to sell they will sell to someone like tencent who will be even worse as stewards of the game

The WoW we knew and loved is dead and no resurrection spell will bring it back. You’d need a billionaire willing to spend billions just in purchasing the property (not even talking investing in it yet) to even breath life in it and nobody is gonna drop 2-5 billion to be king of Azeroth when they could own a small country, sports team, and more with that

Roll back Rogue class design to the general way that it was before fucking Legion expansion took a giant shit all over everything.

I thought Shadowlands was supposed to be this great "unpruning" but that turned out to be another fucking lie, at least for the Rogue class. Guess what you fucking asshole Blizzard developers, all of my favorite Rogue buttons and gameplay concepts are still missing you stupid, ignorant, wholly incompetent pieces of shit.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2021-05-16 at 02:41 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams