Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%22WE%2...ertical=trends

Been seeing stuff like this for a couple of weeks now and honestly, I love it so much. All throughout the pandemic people told minimum wage workers to find better opportunities. Whether they got a better paying job or live off of unemployment, it's great seeing businesses suffer because they wont pay. If your employees would rather live off a measly unemployment check than work, that's 100% on you. My current job loves to complain they cant find anyone to work but they pay $8/hour, nobody can survive off that!! The stores in our area pay more than that for more benefits and more freedom.
    *shrugs*

If you want staff, then maybe pay a reasonable salary than something that can be beaten by unemployment benefits which are just barely above minimum wage in general.

8 dollars an hour is a joke, some companies offer hardworking jobs for 7.30 dollars an hour even.. To give a view. 7.30 an hour, is less than a paper route after taxes in Denmark (At such low wages, that would be about 38% tax) and paper/delivery jobs like such aren't really unionized so there is sadly no one fighting for a better wage on that section but still considered the minimum wage by moral that you can offer people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    If it were me, I'd get rid of tipping completely from service industry jobs and just pay a living wage. I worked in a restaurant years ago and on a really good night, I could bankroll about $200 in tip share working in the kitchen because the place would be packed. That was on top of the whatever $14 an hour I was getting paid. But it was usually an insanely busy night, 10 hour shift usually. But honestly, most of the time it was no more than $20 for a night, which for 10 hours wasn't the worst thing since it was cash and didn't get taxed.
    The fact that tips are expected in the US is sad. People should expect a living wage, tips are what they are, tips.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    America? Yep, America.

I think I have the most basic bitch generic take here; if top management didn't take quite so much of the money they could probably pay their employees better. That said I think a lot of these are franchised companies so they don't actually have that much money flowing down.

Oh well. So sad too bad.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    *shrugs*

If you want staff, then maybe pay a reasonable salary than something that can be beaten by unemployment benefits which are just barely above minimum wage in general.

8 dollars an hour is a joke, some companies offer hardworking jobs for 7.30 dollars an hour even.. To give a view. 7.30 an hour, is less than a paper route after taxes in Denmark (At such low wages, that would be about 38% tax) and paper/delivery jobs like such aren't really unionized so there is sadly no one fighting for a better wage on that section but still considered the minimum wage by moral that you can offer people.

The fact that tips are expected in the US is sad. People should expect a living wage, tips are what they are, tips.
    No one smart who has a paper route should ever pay taxes

Does Denmark not have Millage/Business write offs?

Please I have a lot of experience with paper routes for adults (Not that i want it but i have to be kind and listen to his bullshit every time he comes to visit, for hourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssss)
    The job is fucking brutal and I have no idea how people do it 365 days a year with no time off.

As far as tips, even in upper middle class/upper class area's that a family member delivers in is lucky each year to get to a 40% tip rate (Christmas and weekly tips).

His average Christmas/Yearly tip is 38 dollars for the customers whom TIP or 73 cents a week tip. This includes the monsters 600 dollar tip and the bastards 3 dollar tip. The vast majority of the tips are either 20 dollars of 25 dollars for the whole year. that's .38-.48 cents a week.

I got more when i was 11 in the 1980's doing newspapers.

I know these numbers because he fucking emails them to me with spreadsheets and databases. All I do is his taxes to help him out and i am lucky to be rewarded with all this useless information every year.

Rant over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I think I have the most basic bitch generic take here; if top management didn't take quite so much of the money they could probably pay their employees better. That said I think a lot of these are franchised companies so they don't actually have that much money flowing down.

Oh well. So sad too bad.
    I'd throw in there that stock buybacks and dividends are a much bigger problem then top management pay at a lot of companies. They would see a better return investing that money back in their staff and procuring better employees through better benefits and pay.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    No one smart who has a paper route should ever pay taxes

Does Denmark not have Millage/Business write offs?

Please I have a lot of experience with paper routes for adults (Not that i want it but i have to be kind and listen to his bullshit every time he comes to visit, for hourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssss)
    The job is fucking brutal and I have no idea how people do it 365 days a year with no time off.

As far as tips, even in upper middle class/upper class area's that a family member delivers in is lucky each year to get to a 40% tip rate (Christmas and weekly tips).

His average Christmas/Yearly tip is 38 dollars for the customers whom TIP or 73 cents a week tip. This includes the monsters 600 dollar tip and the bastards 3 dollar tip. The vast majority of the tips are either 20 dollars of 25 dollars for the whole year. that's .38-.48 cents a week.

I got more when i was 11 in the 1980's doing newspapers.

I know these numbers because he fucking emails them to me with spreadsheets and databases. All I do is his taxes to help him out and i am lucky to be rewarded with all this useless information every year.

Rant over.
    Everyone has to pay taxes in Denmark after all. Luckily, paper route taxes are like 37-38% if that is the only thing they have as income, is well, on the side, everyone has an amount of money permitted to be earned a year before having to be taxed - speaking about adult employment, of course.

Milage write-offs are if you are using your own car. Most paper route companies here negotiate discounts for stores as well as pay fairly for the work so that people can get cheaper clothing and shoes to handle their work conditions.

Tipping is not a common thing in Denmark, at all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Ubi is coming.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    "Sorry we're closed, no one wants to work for wages they can't live off of . . . and I don't think they ever did in the past either."

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well. So sad too bad.
    *CEO who makes 960% of the pay of his entry level workers*

"Why doesn't anyone want to work here?"
    Putin khuliyo

I don't blame people for not wanting to work crappy jobs for minimum wage. I would rather more things were done by machines anyways. I think fast food and other things would be better made by machines. I do want people to be able to get universal basic income or something similar. I think people who show an aptitude for academics should get a free college education s long as their family is not high income. People who don't show an aptitude for academics should get a free education in trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I don't blame people for not wanting to work crappy jobs for minimum wage.
    I think if the minimum wage were actually a wage you could reasonably live off it would feel far, far better to be on a minimum wage. At least you can pay your rent, food, and get a little bit of savings going on.
    American minimum wage, though, is clearly not doing that.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if the minimum wage were actually a wage you could reasonably live off it would feel far, far better to be on a minimum wage. At least you can pay your rent, food, and get a little bit of savings going on.
    The minimum wage started under FDR who stated that it is meant to be a wage that a person can make a decent living on. Not a wealthy one, but a basic place to live, food and some quality of life.

It was meant to be a livable wage from the get-go.
    Putin khuliyo

isn't amazing that a subset of the US population can demand Min Wage stay insanely low because they don't want to pay 10 cents more for a Big Mac and 2 cents more for each item at Walmart.

Even though each year these same companies find 10 other ways to raise the prices of Big Macs and Walmart junk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I don't blame people for not wanting to work crappy jobs for minimum wage. I would rather more things were done by machines anyways. I think fast food and other things would be better made by machines. I do want people to be able to get universal basic income or something similar. I think people who show an aptitude for academics should get a free college education s long as their family is not high income. People who don't show an aptitude for academics should get a free education in trades.
    LOL all that grease and food particles getting stuck in the crevices/joints of a machine. eeek. They can't even manage to keep the shake and soda machines clean enough to pass inspection a lot of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "Sorry we're closed, no one wants to work for wages they can't live off of . . . and I don't think they ever did in the past either."

- - - Updated - - -

*CEO who makes 960% of the pay of his entry level workers*

"Why doesn't anyone want to work here?"

the CEO who makes 1100% more than unemployment of his workers.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

You guys realize that California already has minimum wage at $15 and I've heard senior housing companies having trouble hiring for basic roles like servers or caregivers (without requiring certification), because they'd rather get paid unemployment.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-05-17 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You guys realize that California already has minimum wage at $14-15 and I've heard senior housing companies having trouble hiring for basic roles like servers or caregivers (without requiring certification), because they'd rather get paid unemployment.
    $12/13 depending on the size of your company.

And shady nursing homes that pay like shit and don't require trained staff to care for their residents, almost all of whom have a variety of health issues, is dumb and awful and stupid. We shouldn't be supporting those companies to begin with, a lot of them just exploit the hell out of their residents while neglecting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    $12/13 depending on the size of your company.

And shady nursing homes that pay like shit and don't require trained staff to care for their residents, almost all of whom have a variety of health issues, is dumb and awful and stupid. We shouldn't be supporting those companies to begin with, a lot of them just exploit the hell out of their residents while neglecting them.
    I'm talking about 90+ unit Assisted Living operators that have nurses, med techs, caregivers, director, etc. The caregiver just does the basic stuff. They are getting paid at least $15-16 and it's still difficult to recruit them from what I've heard on calls anyway.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-05-17 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about 90+ unit Assisted Living operators that have nurses, med techs, caregivers, director, etc. The caregiver just does the basic stuff. They are getting paid at least $15-16 and it's still difficult to recruit them from what I've heard on calls anyway.
    Define “basic stuff” for a care giver in assisted living...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Just saw Dan Crenshaw on TV trying the "None of my constituents care about Trump and 1/6. What they care about is gas prices and people not showing up to work because they're getting government checks."

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Just saw Dan Crenshaw on TV trying the "None of my constituents care about Trump and 1/6. What they care about is gas prices and people not showing up to work because they're getting government checks."
    Why don't those people just...not show up to work and get a government check?

Well, if it's hard to recruit people to do the job at the rates they are paying...maybe they should try raising the rates?

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I mean it totally makes sense, the people that vote for him would absolutely spend hundreds of dollars putting gas into plastic bags and throw those bags into the trunk of their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why don't those people just...not show up to work and get a government check?
    Something Something the dignity of work... blah balh