Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius87 View Post
    Because activision is getting more and more involved in blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Why wouldnt I be? And more specifically, what do you what to know what im sure about out of all that i said?
    Your comment suggests that Blizzard doesn't set their prices.As if, ActiBlizz is pulling those strings. Almost suggesting that Blizzard is incapable of making bad or greedy decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    lmao at thinking classic has more players then retail

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure I've seen you try to argue this dumbass point before. You literally don't own anything aside from the physical items when purchased, if any. When you buy and play their game you agree to certain conditions and they are 100% within their rights to remove your access to their servers anytime they want. Of course, it wouldn't be good for business if they didn't have a valid reason but they don't even need one. It's fucking hilarious you think you'd have a shred of hope in court over this.
    As someone who know plenty of classic only players, they would suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    As someone who know plenty of classic only players, they would suggest otherwise.
    So just because you personally know classic only players? Lmao literally every source of numbers available shows retail with far more players.

On US servers alone:

https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

447k+ players

EU server:

https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu

550k+ players

Looking at all classic servers around the world:

https://ironforge.pro/servers/

about 235k players.

Thanks for playing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Now with the price reduction, 1000 out of 1000 bots will dupe their gold to both versions guaranteed.
    ... you do know bots ALWAYS would have right? they just woould have transfered all their gold to one toon and just copied that one charecter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

So just because you personally know classic only players? Lmao literally every source of numbers available shows retail with far more players.

On US servers alone:

https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

447k+ players

EU server:

https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu

550k+ players

Looking at all classic servers around the world:

https://ironforge.pro/servers/

about 235k players.

Thanks for playing.
    Two different sources and one which bases off only Warcraft Logs, effectively excluding anyone that doesn't raid and anyone that doesn't upload logs.

Talk about providing "evidence" to fit your narrative lmao.

Thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I mean not only does that have no bias It doesn't even make sense when you take into account that the prices blizzard has had for its other services are inline with the original price of tis one.
    Im sure the other services prices influenced the price of the TBC $35 price tag. Im also sure that they completely ignored the survey that they sent out because im sure no one in their right mind was like "$35 seems like a fair price to pay". If you dont think blizz has to answer to Activision, youre delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Your comment suggests that Blizzard doesn't set their prices.As if, ActiBlizz is pulling those strings. Almost suggesting that Blizzard is incapable of making bad or greedy decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not that Blizz is incapable, but if you think that Activision isnt involved in any way, then you're mistaken. At the end of the day, Activision/Blizzard are companies looking to make money. You would do the same thing if you were in their shoes. Guaranteed.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Two different sources and one which bases off only Warcraft Logs, effectively excluding anyone that doesn't raid and anyone that doesn't upload logs.

Thanks for playing.
    Let me know when you find any sort of source at all. Do you really think such a significant number more of people don't log on classic opposed to retail? There's 4 times as many players based on this. Do you only think 1 in 4 people log their raids? And this isn't something you have to personally do, you just have to participate in a raid where 1 of 20/40 people are logging. I've never been in a single raid, even pugs, where at least one person isn't logging. Do you really think there are 750k+ players running around on classic not raiding at all? Even if that's the case, they're effectively not participating in the social construct of the game which is what classic players constantly claim is so much better than retail. So, either there's not that many players running around jacking off as a solo player or there are and it goes against the narrative that "classic is better reeee" people claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Now with the price reduction, 1000 out of 1000 bots will dupe their gold to both versions guaranteed.
    It's not really duping gold. You aren't creating anymore gold that could have potentially already existed on one version of the game. Even at $35 they 100% would have made the copy anyway since gold is currently going for $45/1000g and they likely have tens of thousands. I imagine the price will spike even higher for BC servers and possibly drop overtime for vanilla servers but the tens of thousands of gold these sellers have will make it worth copying the characters regardless.

It's not really duping gold. You aren't creating anymore gold that could have potentially already existed on one version of the game. Even at $35 they 100% would have made the copy anyway since gold is currently going for $45/1000g and they likely have tens of thousands. I imagine the price will spike even higher for BC servers and possibly drop overtime for vanilla servers but the tens of thousands of gold these sellers have will make it worth copying the characters regardless.
    For a gold seller it's literally doubling their merchandise, so I don't see how it's not duping. One moment they have 100k gold to sell, and the very next they have 200k of gold to sell, 100k per game version. I can't really even wrap my head around what in gods name Blizzard was thinking with this option most of all. It's like the absolute gods gift best case scenario for all cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post

Thanks for playing.
    It’s sadly about as close to a source as we have. You can at least extrapolate the difference, because lots of people likely don’t raid or just do LFR/M+ on retail.

I do wish Blizzard would share the numbers. It seems like such a weird thing to obfuscate behind MAUs.

- - - Updated - - -

For a gold seller it's literally doubling their merchandise, so I don't see how it's not duping. One moment they have 100k gold to sell, and the very next they have 200k of gold to sell, 100k per game version. I can't really even wrap my head around what in gods name Blizzard was thinking with this option most of all. It's like the absolute gods gift best case scenario for all cheaters.
    But they’re not duplicating demand. Another reason why the clone not being free is at least a small benefit.

Not a great situation either way, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Agreed. Putting a $35 price tag for a required feature is absurd. If only this was optional.

Ohwait
    Lol! The entitlement in feeling that this is "required!"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius87 View Post
    Im sure the other services prices influenced the price of the TBC $35 price tag. Im also sure that they completely ignored the survey that they sent out because im sure no one in their right mind was like "$35 seems like a fair price to pay". If you dont think blizz has to answer to Activision, youre delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not that Blizz is incapable, but if you think that Activision isnt involved in any way, then you're mistaken. At the end of the day, Activision/Blizzard are companies looking to make money. You would do the same thing if you were in their shoes. Guaranteed.
    Blizzard answering to activison doesn’t have any basis in reality and is just not how things like this work there separate entity’s under the same parent but nothing points to them one being above the other.

What would the other options be? Limit the amount of gold someone can carry over to TBC or that a copy of a character can have? That doesn't really seem fair to people who have been farming gold for over a year now.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard answering to activison doesn’t have any basis in reality and is just not how things like this work there separate entity’s under the same parent but nothing points to them one being above the other.
    what? Activision is literally blizzard's parent company. Activision doesn't have a parent company. Activision has a separate subsidiary that is Activision publishing.

What would the other options be? Limit the amount of gold someone can carry over to TBC or that a copy of a character can have? That doesn't really seem fair to people who have been farming gold for over a year now.

- - - Updated - - -

what? Activision is literally blizzard's parent company. Activision doesn't have a parent company. Activision has a separate subsidiary that is Activision publishing.
    With the near gamebreaking ways people have been farming gold in classic i think it would be a great idea to limit gold taken over to tbc to something like 5k.

Cant be bad for overall economy tbh. The people who have way more then that have most likely participated in some sort of degenerate playstyle that allowed them to make the amount of gold they made. The people have swear they have gotten all the gold from GDKP runs - where do you think that gold came from in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

They should have kept them separate entirely. People who goldfarmed in vanilla classic, would still have the said gold in their use there. That without screwing people over who come for BC rather than vanilla. How's it fair for people coming for BC, that the vanilla goldfarmers take complete control of the entire economy, when even their grandmothers sit around with 10k-500k gold per character? It's already so far removed situation from the actual vanilla - BC transition back in the day, that any argument of "because this is how it went back then" is already completely bogus.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-05-16 at 05:34 PM.

They should have kept them separate entirely. People who goldfarmed in vanilla classic, would still have the said gold in their use there. That without screwing people over who come for BC rather than vanilla.
    What? That doesn't make any sense. So, someone who wants to keep their character on vanilla classic just go into BC with 0 gold?

How does it screw over people who only come for BC? That was their choice. They could have played and farmed gold too.

Its a shame they caved to the outrage....this service shouldnt be 15 or 35,it should either not exist,or cost ATLEAST 60e

people dont seem to understand,that they are basicaly BUYING a fully geared bis character in many ways with this,it should be way more than a normal boost

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    With the near gamebreaking ways people have been farming gold in classic i think it would be a great idea to limit gold taken over to tbc to something like 5k.

Cant be bad for overall economy tbh. The people who have way more then that have most likely participated in some sort of degenerate playstyle that allowed them to make the amount of gold they made. The people have swear they have gotten all the gold from GDKP runs - where do you think that gold came from in the first place?
    This is why I think they should just say fuck it and put in a wow token. Especially with GDKPs and hundreds of thousands of gold being moved around so much now it's extremely difficult to take action against people who buy gold. People who sell is a bit easier but they definitely can't keep up with the bots and how those accounts hide their gold.

7+ Year Old Account
    The parent company is Activisonblizzard not Activison, to quote the wiki.
    ctivision Publishing, Inc. is an American video game publisher based in Santa Monica, California. It currently serves as the publishing business for its parent company, Activision Blizzard, and consists of several subsidiary studios. Activision is one of the largest third-party video game publishers in the world and was the top United States publisher in 2016.
    and if you think one of the subsidiary studios under it might be blizzard the answer would be no.

Activision Shanghai in Shanghai, China, founded in 2009
    Beenox in Québec City, Québec, Canada, founded in May 2000, acquired on May 25, 2005.
    Demonware in both Dublin, Republic of Ireland and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, founded in 2003, acquired in May 2007.
    High Moon Studios in Carlsbad, California, founded as Sammy Corporation in April 2001, acquired by Vivendi Games in January 2006.
    Infinity Ward in Woodland Hills, California, founded in 2002, acquired in October 2003.
    Raven Software in Madison, Wisconsin, founded in 1990, acquired in 1997.
    Sledgehammer Games in Foster City, California, founded on July 21, 2009.
    Toys for Bob in Novato, California, founded in 1989, acquired on May 3, 2005.
    Treyarch in Santa Monica, California, founded in 1996, acquired in 2001.
    Divested Edit
    7 Studios in Los Angeles, California, founded in 1999, acquired on April 6, 2009, closed in February 2011.
    Beachhead Studio in Santa Monica, California, founded in February 2011.
    Bizarre Creations in Liverpool, England, founded as Raising Hell Productions in 1987 and changed name in 1994, acquired on September 26, 2007,[54] closed on February 18, 2011.[51]
    Budcat Creations in Iowa City, Iowa, founded in September 2000, acquired on November 10, 2008, closed in November 2010.
    Gray Matter Interactive in Los Angeles, California, founded in the 1990s as Xatrix Entertainment, acquired in January 2002, merged into Treyarch in 2005.
    Infocom in Cambridge, Massachusetts, founded on June 22, 1979, acquired in 1986, closed in 1989.
    Luxoflux in Santa Monica, California, founded in January 1997, acquired in October 2002, closed on February 11, 2010.[55]
    Massive Entertainment in Malmö, Sweden, founded in 1997, acquired by Vivendi Universal Games in 2002, sold to Ubisoft on November 10, 2008.
    Neversoft in Los Angeles, California, founded in July 1994, acquired in October 1999, merged into Infinity Ward on May 3, 2014[56] and was officially made defunct on July 10, 2014.[57]
    Radical Entertainment in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, founded in 1991, acquired by Vivendi Games in 2005, laid off most staff in 2012. While studio name remains active within Activision, remaining staff support other projects and the studio does not have an ongoing development.[58]
    RedOctane in Mountain View, California, founded in November 2005, acquired in 2006, closed on February 11, 2010.[49]
    Shaba Games in San Francisco, California, founded in September 1997, acquired in 2002, and closed on October 8, 2009.[59][60]
    Swordfish Studios in Birmingham, England, founded in September 2002, acquired by Vivendi Universal Games in June 2005, sold to Codemasters on November 14, 2008.
    The Blast Furnace in Leeds, United Kingdom, founded in November 2011 as Activision Leeds, changed rename in August 2012, closed in March 2014.
    FreeStyleGames in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, United Kingdom, founded in 2002, acquired on September 12, 2008, sold to Ubisoft on January 18, 2017, subsequently renamed Ubisoft Leamington.
    Underground Development in Redwood Shores, California, founded as Z-Axis in 1994, acquired in May 2002, closed on February 11, 2010.[49]
    Vicarious Visions in Menands, New York, founded in 1990, acquired in January 2005, moved to Blizzard Entertainment in January 2021 and merged with it in the same time period.[61]
    Wanako Games in Santiago, Chile, founded in 2005, acquired by Vivendi Games on February 20, 2007, sold to Artificial Mind and Movement on November 20, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Its a shame they caved to the outrage....this service shouldnt be 15 or 35,it should either not exist,or cost ATLEAST 60e

people dont seem to understand,that they are basicaly BUYING a fully geared bis character in many ways with this,it should be way more than a normal boost
    I mean not really. You would have had to already had the geared character. If it didn't exist it's not like people would be likely to just relevel on vanilla classic to gear up again. It would almost guarantee the death of vanilla classic as most people move to BC.

- - - Updated - - -

The parent company is Activisonblizzard not Activison, to quote the wiki.
    and if you think one of the subsidiary studios under it might be blizzard the answer would be no.
    You seem to not know how to read. Activision publishing is a separate subsidiary from blizzard. Activision is literally listed as Blizzard's parent company.

What? That doesn't make any sense. So, someone who wants to keep their character on vanilla classic just go into BC with 0 gold?

How does it screw over people who only come for BC? That was their choice. They could have played and farmed gold too.
    It makes far more sense than this duping and cloning nonsense Blizzard came up with. Why not allow me to dupe my retail gold into both versions then, while we're at it? Why should I have to start from nothing too, when I do have characters with gold on them?

7+ Year Old Account
    You seem to not know how to read. Activision publishing is a separate subsidiary from blizzard. Activision is literally listed as Blizzard's parent company.
    Here I’ll just quote it again but with some bold.

Activision Publishing, Inc. is an American video game publisher based in Santa Monica, California. It currently serves as the publishing business for its parent company,Activision Blizzard
    And here from the blizzard page.

Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. is an American video game developer and publisher based in Irvine, California. A subsidiary of Activision Blizzard,
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-05-16 at 05:51 PM.