Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The "Night warrior" is 1 of the WORST stories EVER told in WOW.... And it had so much potential (look at "avatar of vengeance" in Warcraft).

RUINED.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    LOL NO SHE'S NOT. Tyrande was only exceptionally strong with the Night Warrior empowerment. Otherwise, she's pretty much like any other mid-tier lore NPC.
    Thats why Sylvanas specifically built her plan around not having both Malf and Tyrande at Teldrassil at the same time because otherwise taking it or burning it would have being impossible?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    It is also common that Humans are not the best at anything.
    yes that too unfortunately Blizzard seems to love humans so much
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that is just a egocentric point of view, literally what i said, you think elf are more important because you think they care about their lore, and by being "half" of the alliance, they deserve a superior treatment.

Literally proving my point
    What i would want is not so much "Superior treatment", more like a break from constantly being curb-stomped to make other races seem powerful.

We get it, Blizz thinks orcs are badass, no need to slap around some Night elves every few years to rub it in...

I think it's fair to say that we have to wait the full 9.1 cinematic to make a judgement. Elune and the WQ will interact and there is a line said by both of them, they pledged to do something for the night Elves of Teldrassil.

Moreover, while Tyrande is not the NW anymore, according to 9.1 the power of Elune still course through her. She kept a part of the NW's power.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Teldrassil wasn't doing anything. It's a failed World Tree. And I don't think it's been confirmed 90% of elves died.

Tyrande survived in the Maw and Torghast for months while every other Faction Lead was getting wrecked. She killed Nathanos, some Val'kyr. What do you want her to do, oneshot the Jailer? She's still just an elf packing a lot of power, but still a mortal.

- - - Updated - - -

Grievance this, grievance that. How do you want them to fix it? So much complaining but no solutions.

Do you want them to exterminate the Horde? Well they can't. They don't have the power to. If they won it would be a victory by the skin of their teeth that leaves Azeroth ripe for the taking of whatever threat shows up next.

The best she can do is defeat the Jailer, since he's the reason Sylvanas burned Teldrassil.
    Killing nathanos at 10% health must have been really hard for her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    LOL NO SHE'S NOT. Tyrande was only exceptionally strong with the Night Warrior empowerment. Otherwise, she's pretty much like any other mid-tier lore NPC.
    She still has the night warrior power boost, not to mention it is mentioned throughout the lore that she is quite powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Tyrande has a power boost from a God. We've killed people like that ALL THE TIME.
    She could still butcher any horde presence in Ashenvale

Thrall or Jaina have had more power than that, and with Thrall's powers coming back she really can't faceroll the Horde.[/QUOTE]

Did I say that? I said she should make it her goal to drive the horde out of Kalimdor using any means necessary, which include methods like assaulting defenseless villages, directing the blame on centaur, causing magical drought and famine, killing every intruder in Ashenvale etc.

Yeah she'd have what's left of the Nelf army. The one that was losing to one Orc clan.
    Still more than enough to deal with the orcs in Ashenvale

Can you show me Thunder Bluff in there
    Thunderbluff is just a bit over a decade old, but you can see Zul'farrak in there, which was on the border so you know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    People on both factions dropping legitimate grievances to sing kumbaya with Anduin, only for faction war to repeat five minutes later because that solves fuck all is kinda the hidden mantra of WoW's storytelling. Remember when stark majority of the Horde followed Sylvanas and her war against the Alliance to the bitter end, even if it meant facing most of ex-Horde racial leaders in battle and then instantly forgot about that so hard just because grey lady told them she doesn't think of them that much that they let Anduin into Orgrimmar to give a speech about sunshine five minutes later?
    It is so hilarious and makes for incredible shoddy world building, especially if you consider how long these particular knife ears used to hold grudges.

Only when Elune babysat her. Otherwise she got wrecked by nameless Orc mooks or flowing water.
    Well of course, if the source of her power is not there she is a scrub

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I believe that it was Maiev who should have become NW instead of Tyrande. Maiev was already edgy enough in WC3, with an ultimate called Vengeance ffs, and later she had did some questionable stuff after WotLK, even if it was swept immediately under the rug, in true Blizzard fashion (when it comes to Alliance or Alliance-related characters). But it seems that Danuser & co. have a pathological fear of having Alliance characters do anything that isn't shiny Lawful Good.

Have to agree with all this I think Maeiv would of been a much better specially since right now she is questioning her purpose now Illdian is gone again. But once again it seems fans can think up better ideas then these writers, or the fans remember The lore better. I feel robbed of a storyline that could of gone some where.
    And just having Tyrande, magically cured of the power so it wont kill her like all the previous night warriors seems, like a spit in the face of those characters and robbing us of a story like Imagine what could of been? The night elves Lose a leader, and question "Why did Elune do this to her high priestess" Malfruion would be consumed by the loss, and we can see characters like Shandis Maybe step up and lead the night elves, since we do need a new Vanguard of characters and Shandis does have ties to us, through wc3 and legion/bfa So many things could of come from this storyline instead we got "Dont worry guys that power that was slowly killing her, she got over it"

Also dont get me wrong Im a Horde main but i think the Alliance DESPERATELY need something to happen to them, some drama, anything the biggest drama event to happen to the faction in recent times was varians death, come on give them something Blizzard

She could still butcher any horde presence in Ashenvale
    Based on what ? Tyrande can't fight the Horde, lol.

assaulting defenseless villages,
    That would just start another war of Night Elves vs Horde ( Alliance won't interfere cause she went rogue ) which results in the Night Elves getting finished off for good.

causing magical drought and famine
    1. She can't do that, she's not a Druid/Shaman

2. Good luck convincing the spirits to cause famine for the genocide of 3 races

3. The Horde has better control of nature than the Night Elves do, considering Night Elves have no Shaman.

directing the blame on centaur
    Centaur in Ashenvale, seems legit. Plus they're nearly done for.

killing every intruder in Ashenvale etc
    With what army? With what resources? The Night Elves lost their capital and most of their civilians are on the other side of the planet. What supply lines?

Who's making food, who's crafting weapons and armor?

Still more than enough to deal with the orcs in Ashenvale
    lolno.

If the Night Elf army couldn't even beat the Warsong, they stand no chance against all Orc clans + Trolls + Tauren.

Thunderbluff is just a bit over a decade old,
    The point was that Night Elves ruled over the world 10,000 years ago when it was a full continent. They also blew it up. You kinda give up your right to the land when you blow it up.

Based on what ? Tyrande can't fight the Horde, lol.

That would just start another war of Night Elves vs Horde ( Alliance won't interfere cause she went rogue ) which results in the Night Elves getting finished off for good.

3. The Horde has better control of nature than the Night Elves do, considering Night Elves have no Shaman.

Centaur in Ashenvale, seems legit. Plus they're nearly done for.

With what army? With what resources? The Night Elves lost their capital and most of their civilians are on the other side of the planet. What supply lines?

lolno.

If the Night Elf army couldn't even beat the Warsong, they stand no chance against all Orc clans + Trolls + Tauren.

The point was that Night Elves ruled over the world 10,000 years ago when it was a full continent. They also blew it up. You kinda give up your right to the land when you blow it up.
    If you genuinely talking about “X cant beat Y because of losses and logistics” then you either never played WoW or just trolling.

Logistics never mattered in WoW battles, and even most scarce races can field armies constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    If you genuinely talking about “X cant beat Y because of losses and logistics” then you either never played WoW or just trolling.

Logistics never mattered in WoW battles, and even most scarce races can field armies constantly.
    Or you know, I hold a different opinion from you. Crazy concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Have to agree with all this I think Maeiv would of been a much better specially since right now she is questioning her purpose now Illdian is gone again. But once again it seems fans can think up better ideas then these writers, or the fans remember The lore better. I feel robbed of a storyline that could of gone some where.
    Maiev is not questioning anything. He took therapy before Legion and realized that his relationship with Illidian is addictive but bad and that he has to avoid it even though he asked him.

It would be great if that happened on screen. But we have to figure out what kind of super therapy they gave him off camera.

But that would have made it even more interesting. To have the power of the night warrior who asks for revenge and to have his recourse of everything that happened to him when he pursued that.

So for throwing idea into the air. They imagine the scene of Shandris asking Maiev not to follow in place of Tyrande. And for Maiev to answer something like -I know it's a trap Naisha ...- Then he shut up and come back. He would have made a lot more sense for her to "heal herself."

Besides that Maiev with Power-up would only happen to be at the same level as Malfurion, Illidian and Tyrande now clearly.

I got off topic.

EDIT:

1 She has Druids.
    2 The spirits who were more than happy to set Teldrazzil on fire? According to BFA you convince them right away.
    3 If that were true, the Horde would have no problem with wood and food.

But Kaldorei civilians can inflict 8/1 casualties on the entire Horde army.

And I think that makes it clear why there is so much anger at the Kaldorei. They tell you over and over again that they beat the Horde by themselves (BLIZZARD TELLS YOU) and then they don't win a fight.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-05-16 at 07:43 PM.

Night Elfs during question actually do interact quite a bit with the spirit, for them, a shaman is more like a scuffed druid. Often Night Elf Druids to Shaman stuff. No race of the Horde in tune with the Nature like the Night Elfs (Tauren are pretty close I guess)

The Warsong was only able to win because they drank demon blood. Also at that point druids and Malfurion was at sleep and now they even got a super-charged Tyrande.

The druids could just make food if needed, also they got a shipyard in Darkshore also portals exist. How would their civilians and their capital here? If they are now actually at Hyjal, which seems like what actually will or has happened they actually have an easier way to bring supplies to the Kalimdor mainland.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-05-16 at 07:53 PM.

Or you know, I hold a different opinion from you. Crazy concept.
    There is a “different opinion” and then there is a blatantly false one. WoW never accounted for supplies, numbers or logic, victories and losses there are purely fruit of a writer’s fiat.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    1 She has Druids.
    2 The spirits who were more than happy to set Teldrazzil on fire? According to BFA you convince them right away.
    3 If that were true, the Horde would have no problem with wood and food.

And I think that makes it clear why there is so much anger at the Kaldorei. They tell you over and over again that they beat the Horde by themselves (BLIZZARD TELLS YOU) and then they don't win a fight.
    1. Who won't bring famine on a whole race. And if they tried the spirits would probably deny them.

2. What? No, Sylvanas used catapults. The fuck.

3. They don't, once they've taken Ashenvale.

lol. The Warsong was beating their entire army. One Orcish clan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    There is a “different opinion” and then there is a blatantly false one. WoW never accounted for supplies, numbers or logic, victories and losses there are purely fruit of a writer’s fiat.
    In BFA Greymane says they are running out of soldiers and will have to conscript farmers next. Also in Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm it's stated Stormwind lost about 15,000 soldiers in Northrend.

So you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post

The Warsong was only able to win because they drank demon blood. Also at that point druids and Malfurion was at sleep and now they even got a super-charged Tyrande.

The druids could just make food if needed, also they got a shipyard in Darkshore also portals exist. How would their civilians and their capital here? If they are now actually at Hyjal, which seems like what actually will or has happened they actually have an easier way to bring supplies to the Kalimdor mainland.
    Bold is completely wrong. Grom was demolishing them before Cenarius came.

The druids could just make food if needed,
    Druids can't just ''make food''. They can't make food spawn out of nowhere.

also they got a shipyard in Darkshore
    And what stops the Horde fleet from destroying it?

also portals exist
    Ah yes, Night Elves, known for Arcane magic and portals.

He caught them unprepared probably, he was winning but he did not demolish them. He just had some Sentinels as enemy, not the full force of the Night Elfs.

They can ask the nature to provide it, also a lot of the night elfs structures a druid can just naturally grow.

They had a big one on Teldrassil and they flee through one when the tree started burning so yes, they got some of the most powerful mages, the Shen'dralar.

They got no fleet anymore, the Alliance has probably a stronger fleet at this point

He caught them unprepared probably, he was winning but he did not demolish them. He just had some Sentinels as enemy, not the full force of the Night Elfs.

They can ask the nature to provide it, also a lot of the night elfs structures a druid can just naturally grow.

They had a big one on Teldrassil and they flee through one when the tree started burning so yes, they got some of the most powerful mages, the Shen'dralar.

They got no fleet anymore, the Alliance has probably a stronger fleet at this point
    1. They got beat up so bad they had to be saved by a Wild God

2. Nature can't make food out of nowhere. And something tells me the spirits aren't going to agree with Elune's Avatar of Vengeance trying to genocide 3 races.

3. That portal was there long before the Highborne came back.

they got some of the most powerful mages
    Actually the Shen'Dralar are way behind the times and their magic is dated.

The Alliance lost their fleet in Nazjatar. The Horde would rebuild faster in Kalimdor since the Alliance have no city there anymore.

1. Who won't bring famine on a whole race. And if they tried the spirits would probably deny them.

2. What? No, Sylvanas used catapults. The fuck.

3. They don't, once they've taken Ashenvale.

lol. The Warsong was beating their entire army. One Orcish clan.

- - - Updated - - -

In BFA Greymane says they are running out of soldiers and will have to conscript farmers next. Also in Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm it's stated Stormwind lost about 15,000 soldiers in Northrend.

So you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Shamans ignited the catapult loads with magical flame (mages also helped) and called on Spirits of the Air to fan the flames to speed up the burning and kill more. So Spirits and Elements are more then fine to be used for genocide it seems.

1. They got beat up so bad they had to be saved by a Wild God
    Originally Cenarius was the protector of Ashenvale, you know... the guy was just there (and for some reason is not anymore)
    Grom described the Sentinels as perfect warriors so wasn't that easy for them, why else would he say that.

2. Nature can't make food out of nowhere. And something tells me the spirits aren't going to agree with Elune's Avatar of Vengeance trying to genocide 3 races.
    What does this have to do with spirits? They ask nature, and not sure if it would be that unhappy about getting rid of the people that poison it, burn it down and steal its lumber. Also Druids can make plants grow really fast so, they may can't make it from nowhere, but they can do it pretty quick.
    I think this would be more about that night elfs cherish life so much that they don't have it in them to genocide others, unlike the three races you mentioned.

3. That portal was there long before the Highborne came back.
    Thats not relevant, also the portal they used to flee from the fire was created by the Highborne

Actually the Shen'Dralar are way behind the times and their magic is dated.
    No its not, and I know what you are referring to here.

The Alliance lost their fleet in Nazjatar. The Horde would rebuild faster in Kalimdor since the Alliance have no city there anymore.
    The Alliance still got Exodar, Moonfeather stronghold and a harbor in Darkshore. Also, the night elf fleet was not destroyed in Naz'jatar. Alliance got a spaceship in the Orbit. Additionally, we are talking about ships you know, you can move them to other places.
    Also the Alliance only lost a big part of their fleet (and even that is hard to believe, why would they use so many ships to follow three ships)

3+ Year Old Account
    No its not, and I know what you are referring to here.
    the quest on the Shen'dralar's golems?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.