Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

Elune is the Winter Queen's sister. Sadly I think this confirms she's not a First One. There goes my theory.
    This ruined it for me.. Thought it was Eonar, because it being Elune makes things SO MUCH MORE CONFUSING!

We know of First Ones, we know of Eternal Ones (A titan like creation) and Titans.

The Earthmother by lore, created Elune (Mu'sha) and An'she.

Does this make the Earthmother a First One? Or is there a stage in between the two types of titans and the First Ones?

Further on, if Elune is Winter Queen's sister, then she gotta be an Eternal One or Titan-like creation.

Does this mean that An'she as well, is a Titan-like creation? And where is An'she then?

Have Mu'sha (Elune) and An'she ascended from their Titan-like existence and become something new?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    This ruined it for me.. Thought it was Eonar, because it being Elune makes things SO MUCH MORE CONFUSING!

We know of First Ones, we know of Eternal Ones (A titan like creation) and Titans.

Does this make the Earthmother a First One? Or is there a stage in between the two types of titans and the First Ones?

Further on, if Elune is Winter Queen's sister, then she gotta be an Eternal One or Titan-like creation.

Does this mean that An'she as well, is a Titan-like creation? And where is An'she then?

Have Mu'sha (Elune) and An'she ascended from their Titan-like existence and become something new?
    An'she may be part of the Pantheon of Life, but similiar to Eonar being a Titan of Order who uses life powers, An'she could be a Life God that also uses light?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    An'she may be part of the Pantheon of Life, but similiar to Eonar being a Titan of Order who uses life powers, An'she could be a Life God that also uses light?
    That is a possibility, Just this new lore has confused me a lot. So, we're talking a pantheon for each of the six categories now? Since, if Pantheon of Life is a thing, then we're at 3 total.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    That is a possibility, Just this new lore has confused me a lot. So, we're talking a pantheon for each of the six categories now? Since, if Pantheon of Life is a thing, then we're at 3 total.
    Four actually - Titans of Order, Eternal Ones of Death, Pantheon of Life and the Void Lords of .... Void. Also the Light is implied to have someone above the Naaru Prime. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Sargeras' actually banished some Fel Gods and with him gone, they are coming back again ....^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Four actually - Titans of Order, Eternal Ones of Death, Pantheon of Life and the Void Lords of .... Void. Also the Light is implied to have someone above the Naaru Prime. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Sargeras' actually banished some Fel Gods and with him gone, they are coming back again ....^^
    Didn't think the void lords were a 'pantheon', so the new translation is just, the council of X category basically?

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    no one can stop me. my powers transcend all realms and realities.
    lol you finna be an LFR boss buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

3? Well, we have the Void Lords (The Lords of Shadow), the Eternal Ones (The Lords of Death), the Pantheon of Life (The Lords of Life), and the Titan Pantheon (The Lords of Order). Light likely also has a Pantheon. The only force that doesn't seem to have a Pantheon if Disorder, which is Lawless. They can make Lords of Disorder in the future however, like the Chaos Gods, and the Demons can be both united and battle against each-other for dominance. Works well imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    3? Well, we have the Void Lords (The Lords of Shadow), the Eternal Ones (The Lords of Death), the Pantheon of Life (The Lords of Life), and the Titan Pantheon (The Lords of Order). Light likely also has a Pantheon. The only force that doesn't seem to have a Pantheon if Disorder, which is Lawless. They can make Lords of Disorder in the future however, like the Chaos Gods, and the Demons can be both united and battle against each-other for dominance. Works well imo.
    I was thinking in 'pantheons' as I hold my doubt that the void lords have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Oh god, Elune must be toying with her. DONT SCREAM LIKE THAT LE TYRANDE
    She is holding power no mortal should hold and she is being torn to shreds because of it. She is holding the literal wrath of a true goddess. What did you expect would happen to her? She is screaming in agony and that is the mildest side effect I can think of her... affliction...
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

I was thinking in 'pantheons' as I hold my doubt that the void lords have one.
    Why not? Nothing suggests otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Why not? Nothing suggests otherwise.
    Because I hold it difficult to see such, one can be wrong. Then again, there could as well be a Pantheon of Disorder/chaos, we do not know.. It is just all guess work on that section..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Looks like we get a look at Elune and the Blue Child in their anthropomorphized form. Which lends some credence to the 'Elune is literally the Moon' theory.

[snip]

Looks like they are keeping somewhat consistent with her original look, being an Elf. (albeit with a wardrobe change)

[snip]
    Or the two azerothian satellites were named after Elune and the Winter Queen. It could be that the Winter Queen is the younger sister and that at some point they had to part. The Blue Child/Winter Queen had to move to the Shadowlands to become an Eternal One there, for some yet unknown reason. The way it was done made her resentful towards Elune. The Tear of Elune may have then been shed by Elune after that separation, and was then used as a Pillar of Creation by Eonar. Afterall, when the Winter Queen sees the Tear of Elune (the Pillar of Creation or another one), she sees it as a sign that Elune did not forget her afterall. So it's tied to the Winter Queen as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Quite possibly. Of course, Blizzard has somewhat overdone it a bit. I'd say it was somewhat of a mistake to make the First Ones as they are, even if they may actually work as an interesting concept if they weren't Titans But Better.
    That's the thing though. We don't know yet what they are.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what the Tauren believe, and it has never been confirmed. We don't even know if there is an "Earthmother". It's like Night Elf origins. We know that the Night Elves were originaly Dark Trolls. The Night Elves would consider the idea as heresy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    I don't see why not. If it's true that the "First Ones" transcend the six forces, they could be gods to the gods of the six forces. We might have a Greek Mythology -type scenario with multiple eras of different gods.
    Like you said yourself, the relation between the First Ones and the Titans and the Eternal Ones could be similar to what we observe in Greek mythology. Several generations of gods succeeding each other: first the primordial gods (Gaïa, Ouranos, Pontos, Nyx, etc), then the Titans (Cronos, Rhea, Atlas, Prometheus, etc.) and finally the Olympians (Cronos and Rhea's children Zeus, Hera, Demeter, Poseidon, Hades, Hestia and their children). The Olympians came last, but in no way were they inferior in power to the Titans, nor did they worship them. On the contrary. The First Ones were the first, but that does not make them more powerful or worthy of worship by the following deities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    The Winter Queen being the Blue Child (with Elune being the White Lady) would be neat.

I wouldnt dwell too much on Winter Queen referring to Elune as her 'sister'. They could indeed be biological sisters, but people call others brothers/sisters all the time in ways that have nothing to do with blood relations. So it could mean anything.

I don't really like that artwork if its meant to be elune (in embrace with the kid), She looks too... plain? Like some homeless night elf.
    Well, at least she doesn't look like a floozy like the other picture...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Or the two azerothian satellites were named after Elune and the Winter Queen. It could be that the Winter Queen is the younger sister and that at some point they had to part. The Blue Child/Winter Queen had to move to the Shadowlands to become an Eternal One there, for some yet unknown reason. The way it was done made her resentful towards Elune. The Tear of Elune may have then been shed by Elune after that separation, and was then used as a Pillar of Creation by Eonar. Afterall, when the Winter Queen sees the Tear of Elune (the Pillar of Creation or another one), she sees it as a sign that Elune did not forget her afterall. So it's tied to the Winter Queen as well.
    I don't think so. The new Folks and Fairy Tales book has artwork of both Elune (the White Lady) and the Blue Child with some lore for them. Although the book itself has a 'might or might not be canon' disclaimer, it's lore nonetheless. We see Elune as she's usually depicted as an Elf lady but also the Blue Child being the same 'kind' as Elune.

Interestingly the page below describes 'The Sun' as an entity separate from Elune and the Blue Child, and the Blue Child may have been a Tear of Elune in and of herself.

That's the thing though. We don't know yet what they are.
    To an extent, we certainly are unaware of the extent of their power. They could be surprisingly interesting, indeed, especially if (against the apparent odds) Elune ends up as one, or they are otherwise more of a "magical" or truly deific force (think how DnD would categorize "greater gods" as opposed to the Titans and their ilk being "lesser gods"). For now, however, it seems like they use a lot of the Titan's usual M.O. - advanced technology, an interest in keeping things "orderly", etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I don't think so. The new Folks and Fairy Tales book has artwork of both Elune (the White Lady) and the Blue Child with some lore for them. Although the book itself has a 'might or might not be canon' disclaimer, it's lore nonetheless. We see Elune as she's usually depicted as an Elf lady but also the Blue Child being the same 'kind' as Elune.

Interestingly the page below describes 'The Sun' as an entity separate from Elune and the Blue Child, and the Blue Child may have been a Tear of Elune in and of herself.

I'll admit, I'm really liking how this book is coming along. A lot of the writing seems to at least exceed standard Warcraft writing in the sense it does feel pretty mythical, which is always nice in a fantasy setting. The abstract and uncertain make a fantasy setting feel truly like that - fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what the Tauren believe, and it has never been confirmed. We don't even know if there is an "Earthmother". It's like Night Elf origins. We know that the Night Elves were originaly Dark Trolls. The Night Elves would consider the idea as heresy.
    Lore-wise, we do know there is an Earthmother. I mean, there is even artwork for the Earthmother.

Lore-wise, we do know there is an Earthmother. I mean, there is even artwork for the Earthmother.
    Hrm? Where? Is it from the new book?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm? Where? Is it from the new book?
    Aye, it is in the new book.

Aye, it is in the new book.
    Rather interesting. Would you mind posting that? I'm curious now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather interesting. Would you mind posting that? I'm curious now.

At least, I have been informed that it is her. I do now own a copy yet.

At least, I have been informed that it is her. I do now own a copy yet.
    Interesting. Not the design I would have expected, but it fits. I wonder if this is just a metaphorical representation according to the Tauren or is to be taken as actually representative of her appearance? Given that Baine said that the Earth Mother was in pain after Azeroth was stabbed, it seems like it's a good guess that the Earth Mother is probably Azeroth. If that is the case, is this what Azeroth looks like?

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this is just a metaphorical representation according to the Tauren
    Ye, keep in mind this book is about in-universe folklore.
    And not a literal transcription of events.

Which is obvious as the book contains multiple origins for the blue child, as an example.

Formerly known as Arafal