Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Power creep is generally regarded as bullshit. Shouldn't be hard to understand.
    It goes the other way just as often. Carnage is a prime example. In his first appearance it took both Spider-Man and Venom (plus a timely assist from Reed Richard and Johnny Storm) to take Carnage down over multiple battles taking place in three issues. A few years later and:

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Doom basically embodies the question; is an absolutely brutal and ruthless dictator, who nevertheless holds the welfare of his people as his mission, a better or worse option than freedom and liberty and the risks inherent within?

What he's willing to do in pursuit of his goals is absolutely "evil" by any definition. But his goals are . . . complicated. He seeks to subjugate, but not really for personal glorification, but because Doom really does know better, and everyone'll be better off if he gets to run the show.

That's what makes him a great villain. He's right up there with Magneto and at least the MCU iteration of Zemo; they may be willing to do terrible things, but are their goals actually wrong?
    to be fair when the multiverse ended doom probably was the only person who got any shit done
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It goes the other way just as often. Carnage is a prime example. In his first appearance it took both Spider-Man and Venom (plus a timely assist from Reed Richard and Johnny Storm) to take Carnage down over multiple battles taking place in three issues. A few years later and:
    It's one of the basic problems of discussing media, especially comics, but any movie/ fiction/ whatever. It might be amusing to discuss who wins, Spiderman or Dr Doom or whatever, but getting invested in your position and turning it into an argument is easy enough to do and sort of pointless... because the answer is whatever the writer needs for it's current plot. If Carnage needs to be defeated by Aunt May, that's what will happen. If he need to fight the Avengers to a standstill, there ya go. As long as the story is done well, it doesn't really make a difference.

And hell, over the decades there's been so many power shifts and retcons, it doesn't need any basis in "reality".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Who's struggling to understand the concept?
    I meant it's not hard to understand why someone would get upset.

My comment was clearly about how upset people get about something that happens in nature.
    And getting upset about things that are bullshit is human nature.

I meant it's not hard to understand why someone would get upset.

And getting upset about things that are bullshit is human nature.
    Pro tip: You should not try so hard to exaggerate what other people say, and instead try harder to properly read what people write to ensure full comprehension.

Pro tip: You should not try so hard to exaggerate what other people say, and instead try harder to properly read what people write to ensure full comprehension.
    ? What exaggeration?

You said it was weird to get upset , I said it was normal and understandable. Perhaps you aren't properly reading and comprehending my replies?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-05-17 at 01:50 AM.

? What exaggeration?

You said it was weird to get upset , I said it was normal and understandable. Perhaps you aren't properly reading and comprehending my replies?
    I mean, there's a distinct difference with "upset" and "how upset". Surely you are aware of this.

Last reply to you because this is a waste of our mutual time.

I mean, there's a distinct difference with "upset" and "how upset". Surely you are aware of this.

Last reply to you because this is a waste of our mutual time.
    Only because you can't even defend your argument. Read your own reply here:

"A bit weird to get bent out of shape over the real world concept of "there will always be someone better at the thing than you are" being put on display in a comics universe."

You weren't talking about how upset at all, so again, no exaggeration. Just you making excuses.

Dunno if you guys have seen the sneak peek "Introducing Agent Mobius" clip

Only because you can't even defend your argument. Read your own reply here:

"A bit weird to get bent out of shape over the real world concept of "there will always be someone better at the thing than you are" being put on display in a comics universe."

You weren't talking about how upset at all, so again, no exaggeration. Just you making excuses.
    You're right, I totally wasn't. And you totally aren't arguing in bad faith.

Oh shit, what's this:
    Who's struggling to understand the concept?

My comment was clearly about how upset people get about something that happens in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I saw confirmation that both Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye will release before the year ends. I’m geeked to see shows focused on new characters.
    Ms. Marvel sure...but Hawkeye isn't exactly a "new character", I mean sure, it's gonna have Kate Bishop...but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s about him training her to be the new Hawkeye. Not sure how you can think that’s not focusing on a new character.
    The bolded has your answer

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    https://tvline.com/2021/07/29/hawkey...e-disney-plus/

"Hawkeye will soon be slinging arrows with one of his biggest fans. Jeremy Renner’s upcoming showcase series will debut on the streamer Wednesday, Nov. 24, according to EW."

Scarlett Johansson not happy with Disney+ streaming

"Scarlett Johansson filed a lawsuit on Thursday against The Walt Disney Co., claiming that the studio breached her contract by releasing the Marvel movie Black Widow on Disney+ at the same time it was released in theaters."

https://deadline.com/2021/07/scarlet...it-1234802440/
    Last edited by Kreuger; 2021-07-29 at 06:27 PM.

It's an interesting case. Disney has no obligation to re-negotiate her contract to include streaming sales, but if they actually did promise ScarJo an "exclusive theatre release" she has a good case.

Estimates are the streaming release cost her FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS. I'm not very litigious, but I'd sure as shit sue over $50m lost wages too.

I love Marvel movies. I'm always waiting for new movies about superheroes. They are always dynamic, exciting and with very cool special effects. Recently I watched the movie Avengers: Endgame. After watching Infinity War, I was looking forward to the release of the Endgame. The film is filled with funny moments, irony in relation to oneself. And I just love it. In general, the creators of the Final do not let us relax, they prepare us for the denouement. So inevitable, so logical and at the same moment so terrible! Two and a half hours in front of us is just an unrealistically cool and positive picture, and then thirty minutes of pain and fear. A film with a logical but unpleasant ending.

just so you guys know the what if animated series is canon to the mcu and some of the characters are going to show up at some point in live action like carters captain britain
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    just so you guys know the what if animated series is canon to the mcu and some of the characters are going to show up at some point in live action like carters captain britain

Press X to doubt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post

Press X to doubt
    https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...sive-star-wars

They are referring to an interview.

“All you have to do to prove that is look back at how many stories from the What If...? comics ended up in the main continuity of the comic universe,” Winderbaum says. “My prediction is a similar thing could happen on the cinematic side as well.”

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's an interesting case. Disney has no obligation to re-negotiate her contract to include streaming sales, but if they actually did promise ScarJo an "exclusive theatre release" she has a good case.

Estimates are the streaming release cost her FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS. I'm not very litigious, but I'd sure as shit sue over $50m lost wages too.
    comes down to whether it was specifically stated as an "exclusive theatre release" or something else. but yeah pretty dodgy from Disney to not sit down and renegotiate so that she would get part of the Disney+ profits. the movie has not done well at the box office at all; especially when you consider the last few solo movies like Black Panther and Captain Marvel which made over a billion dollars yet Black Widow has barely hit a quarter of that. also for consideration is Warner Bros who included Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins in on the WW1984 streaming profits. also the three MCU movies coming out this year have a delayed streaming schedule; 45 days in the cinema before being released on Disney+. why didn't they just do that?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    comes down to whether it was specifically stated as an "exclusive theatre release" or something else. but yeah pretty dodgy from Disney to not sit down and renegotiate so that she would get part of the Disney+ profits. the movie has not done well at the box office at all; especially when you consider the last few solo movies like Black Panther and Captain Marvel which made over a billion dollars yet Black Widow has barely hit a quarter of that. also for consideration is Warner Bros who included Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins in on the WW1984 streaming profits. also the three MCU movies coming out this year have a delayed streaming schedule; 45 days in the cinema before being released on Disney+. why didn't they just do that?
    1) Black Widow is just short of $350 million, not $250. That's w/o China and with Europe retreating into their homes. You can't blame Disney for that.
    Another problem she's got is that the vast majority of the D+ viewers don't want to go into a theater. So the loss due to lost ticket sales lost to D+ is pretty low.

2) 45 days vs. none on streaming. My read is that they are testing different ways of showing product.

3) Exclusive Theater Release isn't absolute if Force Majeure applies and it does, so no slam dunk.