Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    He's right it shouldn't. The upshot of this is that if it was handled correctly you could raid on and not have to worry about ever leaving your mythic raiding bubble.
    So you guys want to fundamentally change the core progression system of a 17 year old game, and get frustrated that people dont agree with you - mindblowing stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So you guys want to fundamentally change the core progression system of a 17 year old game, and get frustrated that people dont agree with you - mindblowing stuff.
    Nothing about mythic raiding is fundamental to the game. Actually nothing about raiding is fundamental to the game either as it was basically never on most people's raider. And actually for those it was it was for a very long time only one difficulty and quite frankly piss easy.

All of this is to say that for most people if they removed mythic raiding for the game nothing would change and no one would care and nothing would be lost.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I feel this video sums up the general attitude when it comes to the thought of trying to help players like this..

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    And actually for those it was it was for a very long time only one difficulty and quite frankly piss easy.
    After Vanilla, wow has had 8 expansions - seven of them have had multiple difficulties. Since day 1 - the hardest content has rewarded the highest quality loot, with a few unintentional exceptions over a decade+.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-05-16 at 08:34 PM.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    You overestimate your point of view.

World content is basically the only place where you can feel those power gains from ilvl. It's the base part of the game that is an extension of the leveling process. We are talking about the core essence of RPGs. You can queque up for group content in multiple games whether it be for PvE or PvP. But the MMORPG should consist of a legitimate and rewarding progression system within the world all the way to endgame.

Content that revolves around challenges doesn't technically require gear rewards. See: Torghast Endless Layers. You could add a stat template (like they did for PvP in the past) and that content would still function the same. But I'm not calling for a design where you don't receive gear from Raids, etc. I don't get my kicks from dictating what other people find fun. I'm just saying that gear progression is more important to world content and most definitely should not be dismissed because that content is considered easier.
    No it shouldn't. You are thinking of single player games. Gear is not more important for world content because gear doesn't matter for world content. You are thinking of single player games again.

All through this thread you have said that world players, also known is single game players, should have some sort of progression. And to have this progression they have to have the highest gear.
    WRONG.
    The single players progression is leveling. Finished leveling? Find a group or quit. Those are you're two options.

No one takes you seriously. Especially when you say stuff like "people who do group content shouldn't get gear. It's about the challenge" while also saying nonsense like "world content needs the best gear because that's where it matters most". People are literally laughing at you. My friend is texting me right now laughing at you. Wow isnt for you.

- - - Updated - - -

You have no clue what you are talking about. PvE is not hard. Attack, dodge, interrupt this or that, stay out of the fire, etc... It's the same mechanics in all aspects of the game. The only difficult thing about more "challenging" PvE content is finding enough people to stay awake while beating up the mobile target dummy. And I'm not going to flash my credentials to prove my point to some rando if that's what you're after. I've done top end raiding for multiple expansions and I've really had enough of your trolling.
    No you haven't. You have never set foot inside LFR let alone any other raids. At this point I do not acknowledge Classic raiding as raiding. Retail LFR is harder than Classic Naxx. Thinking some elite in the maw is harder than raid bosses proves it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No it shouldn't. You are thinking of single player games. Gear is not more important for world content because gear doesn't matter for world content. You are thinking of single player games again.

All through this thread you have said that world players, also known is single game players, should have some sort of progression. And to have this progression they have to have the highest gear.
    WRONG.
    The single players progression is leveling. Finished leveling? Find a group or quit. Those are you're two options.

No one takes you seriously. Especially when you say stuff like "people who do group content shouldn't get gear. It's about the challenge" while also saying nonsense like "world content needs the best gear because that's where it matters most". People are literally laughing at you. My friend is texting me right now laughing at you. Wow isnt for you.

- - - Updated - - -

No you haven't. You have never set foot inside LFR let alone any other raids. At this point I do not acknowledge Classic raiding as raiding. Retail LFR is harder than Classic Naxx. Thinking some elite in the maw is harder than raid bosses proves it.
    First, making presumptions about people that you do not know makes you look like an idiot. Not sure if anyone has told you that before.

Second, people tend to hate/dismiss things they do not understand. That applies to most who keep trolling this thread.

I'm not interested in whether you believe me or not. It's not relevant to the discussion.

People are so dug into their belief system of how they think the game should work and shouldn't change so they take zero time to try and understand what other people with different opinions are even trying to convey. I get it, most of you who have replied do not want to see good gear in the hands of people who refuse to do group content. It's as simple as that. Hopefully Blizz gets it eventually and creates a gear system that works better for all players.
    It kinda is. Your whole argument is based on a lie, which means it can be dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    It kinda is. Your whole argument is based on a lie, which means it can be dismissed.
    WTF are you talking about?

First, making presumptions about people that you do not know makes you look like an idiot. Not sure if anyone has told you that before.

Second, people tend to hate/dismiss things they do not understand. That applies to most who keep trolling this thread.
    I am not making presumptions, I am deducing. There is a difference. I am basing my conclusions solely in what you have said here in this thread. What you say is nonsense. Mobs in the maw being harder than raid bosses. You obviously do not know about raid bosses, because you think they are easier than maw elites therefore you have never raided.
    why so mad bro

I would argue that soloing some elites in the Maw is just as difficult as anything you find in a Raid. So where does that leave us?
    You heard it here boys, soloing a maw elite = killing Mythic Denathrius , and then you wonder why no one (blizz included) takes you seriously.

You claim that you've done "high end raiding". Your examples show that you didn't even do LFR.

Second, people tend to hate/dismiss things they do not understand.
    Its not an assumption, when you put a maw elite and raiding on the same level, you basically tell everyone that you either dont raid at all or your raiding experience is poor af aka LFR tier, maybe normal and im being really generous here, its just laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

I've done top end raiding for multiple expansions and I've really had enough of your trolling.
    I cured cancer and won the olympics in my dreams too.

You said soloing mobs in the maw is equal to mythic raiding. As I'm sure anyone who has done even normal would agree, this shows you are either delusional, or more likely, being completely dishonest about your "raid experience".

This is why Blizzard don't "listen" to you - you are completely confused.

Killian @ Proudmoore

There ya go. Eat it up. It changes nothing. When you can't debate the point, you attack people's credentials. And it's pathetic.

Have none of you even tried soloing elites in the Maw with a full Eye?

You say Raiding is hard. What a bunch of bullshit. Please don't try PvP because it would make you cry.

Finally, congratulations on completely derailing the thread. Troll elsewhere.

Killian @ Proudmoore

There ya go. Eat it up. It changes nothing. When you can't debate the point, you attack people's credentials. And it's pathetic.

Have none of you even tried soloing elites in the Maw with a full Eye?

You say Raiding is hard. What a bunch of bullshit. Please don't try PvP because it would make you cry.

Finally, congratulations on completely derailing the thread. Troll elsewhere.
    How did you get my account Info. That's my character.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    How did you get my account Info. That's my character.
    Eat your crow like a man. Or are you going to hide behind your keyboard and skulk away?
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2021-05-17 at 05:09 AM.

Eat your crow like a man. Or are you going to hide behind your keyboard a skulk away?
    Armory must be bugged - all I'm seeing is a toon with 3 bosses down on LFR, and 0/10 on normal, heroic, and mythic. Might be the wrong character I guess.

The more i look into it - the worse it gets. The kill counts are beyond suspicious - for example, that character has identical kill counts per boss for multiple tiers - and countless tiers have EXTREMELY low kill counts - like 1 kill on every boss, or 2 kills on every boss, from the first to last. This is a dead giveaway of someone buying runs. Thats not at all how progression raiding works, we would expect to see much higher kill counts on earlier bosses from re-clears.

Like i said though, there is no way its the correct character, it has only done 3 bosses on LFR and literally nothing above that.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-05-17 at 04:58 AM.

Armory must be bugged - all I'm seeing is a toon with 3 bosses down on LFR, and 0/10 on normal, heroic, and mythic. Might be the wrong character I guess.
    For all intents and purposes, I stopped raiding after Nighthold in Legion. As I said before, I play casually these days.

But here is my point. None of this has anything to do with the topic of the main post.
    Trying to vet people's experience in game in an attempt to win a debate is bad form.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Progression for players who seek less of a challenge must be a thing.
    It would have been great if they had understood this from the beginning instead of begrudgingly acknowledging it half a year into the expansion. But better late than never, I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The more i look into it - the worse it gets. The kill counts are beyond suspicious - for example, that character has identical kill counts per boss for multiple tiers - and countless tiers have EXTREMELY low kill counts - like 1 kill on every boss, or 2 kills on every boss, from the first to last. This is a dead giveaway of someone buying runs. Thats not at all how progression raiding works, we would expect to see much higher kill counts on earlier bosses from re-clears.
    Go ahead. Make more assumptions. It's made you look really smart so far...