Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There's a reason why gold boosters are LITERALLY everywhere nowadays - it's because the max ilvl content is brutal in both pve/pvp and people are so negative because there's no #soloqueue systems that would literally force people to work together in some way or another. It's just a bunch of gangbuilding and tokensales.

They could add low droprate rewards, chances from world quests, normal dungeons, crafting that are on par with max ilvl content but that would be too exciting I guess. It's in a sad state this game, I thought it would be fun leveling alts but it's really a chore.

How is it fun that I as a 195-200 ilvl character should have to ask someone with 220+ ilvl to boost me if I want to get anywhere? It's so obviously designed around token sales it's disgusting. Open it up Blizzard.

Oh and why is there a 15k honor cap? I can't even level through PvP before I get honor capped XD I guess I have to do dungeons lol. Oh and why do I have to do a time attack dungeon and tryhard progress through it like someone serious? Maybe I wanna do dungeons with someone that isn't as fast as me? Maybe I hate this negative environment? It's not my negativity which is the problem, it's my positivity.... I want us to be able to play together and get to know eachother without judgment.

Oh and why isn't Torghast fun? It could also have low droprate items that we could possibly find - tied to character power, and it could also have some type of progression like Twisting Corridors, but apparently we're supposed to buy tokens from experienced gold boosters or become experienced gold boosters ourselves cuz that's what ICE COLD Blizzard really wants.

There's just dead silence about retail, who cares about 9.1, all Blizzard cares about now is promoting the TBC Classic products they wanna sell so badly to all the sadge retail players that just wanna get away from retail.

It's all about money and it's all at our expense guys. Can't wait to do the new 9.1 dungeon and not have a chance at anything valuable to me(for pvp or any other interesting source of content), Can't wait to avoid it because apparently this world is now hell and we're all supposed to accept it. Fuck that.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2021-05-17 at 05:46 AM.

This sounds like -30 bagspaceslots with extra steps.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    There's a reason why gold boosters are LITERALLY everywhere nowadays - it's because the max ilvl content is brutal in both pve/pvp and people are so negative because there's no #soloqueue systems that would literally force people to work together in some way or another. It's just a bunch of gangbuilding and tokensales.

They could add low droprate rewards, chances from world quests, normal dungeons, crafting that are on par with max ilvl content but that would be too exciting I guess. It's in a sad state this game, I thought it would be fun leveling alts but it's really a chore.

How is it fun that I as a 195-200 ilvl character should have to ask someone with 220+ ilvl to boost me if I want to get anywhere? It's so obviously designed around token sales it's disgusting. Open it up Blizzard.

Oh and why is there a 15k honor cap? I can't even level through PvP before I get honor capped XD I guess I have to do dungeons lol. Oh and why do I have to do a time attack dungeon and tryhard progress through it like someone serious? Maybe I wanna do dungeons with someone that isn't as fast as me? Maybe I hate this negative environment? It's not my negativity which is the problem, it's my positivity.... I want us to be able to play together and get to know eachother without judgment.

Oh and why isn't Torghast fun? It could also have low droprate items that we could possibly find - tied to character power, and it could also have some type of progression like Twisting Corridors, but apparently we're supposed to buy tokens from experienced gold boosters or become experienced gold boosters ourselves cuz that's what ICE COLD Blizzard really wants.

There's just dead silence about retail, who cares about 9.1, all Blizzard cares about now is promoting the TBC Classic products they wanna sell so badly to all the sadge retail players that just wanna get away from retail.

It's all about money and it's all at our expense guys. Can't wait to do the new 9.1 dungeon and not have a chance at anything valuable to me(for pvp or any other interesting source of content), Can't wait to avoid it because apparently this world is now hell and we're all supposed to accept it. Fuck that.
    How about making content stand on its own legs instead of giving everything an ilvl incentive to do it? Because with your idea EVERYTHING is mandatory. Welcome back to the world of titanforging where everything could be an ilvl upgrade so you have to do everything every day.
    It’s really weird when people here ask for super grindy progression instead of challenging progression. Aren’t casuals supposed to not have much time to play?

Naaaaaah, that's a bad idea.

Wouldn't like to swap my gear each time I do other content.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Naaaaaah, that's a bad idea.

Wouldn't like to swap my gear each time I do other content.
    What if the same bonus applied to both Raids and Dungeons? Would that be more palatable for you?
    I get that having extra gear would be a pain. So I want to approach this by looking at all the pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    What if the same bonus applied to both Raids and Dungeons? Would that be more palatable for you?
    I get that having extra gear would be a pain. So I want to approach this by looking at all the pros and cons.
    Some pieces I've got from the M+ I am using for PvP also.

I'm kinda comfy, so I'd just like to even have one set of gear.

7+ Year Old Account

And everything goes back to "work vs fun" discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    In fact, WotLK in some sense was very much tolerant (compared to Legion&Co) due to that there was a certain height (ceiling/temporary limit) of growth in everything, which means that person could work, then relax a little, then switch to twink and work again, go back to main and relax again and so several times during single expansion without any rush (both PvE and PvP). Do you feel this now? From my own experience, this is main thing that most people did before project "commercialization", somewhere between BC and Legion. But problem is that faster game "goes" (and "faster faster" is now its basic philosophy), the more often switch happen, which means that period of fun is shorter, and the higher soft cap is (under "soft cap" I mean: average stair to which specific player can climb without changing own game style intensity/complexity - current amount of content that can consume and depth of progress that own abilities' level allows to reach; as part of this, stuff that happens now is even more pitiable, since all content is consumed easily through easiest difficulty, and progress, which's indicator are equipment(ilvl)+AP, isn't attainable in principle by virtue of mechanics (process is accessible to all regardless of ability and experience, since doesn't require any such stuff to participate (=borderless in terms of content), but is unachievable for anyone); don't forget that current average player is like a dog in "food absorption" framework - doesn't know own measure, because game doesn't allow/teach to determine it), so the less it happens during one expansion. What follows from all this - total number of once average player's "fun"-hours inevitably decreases and "work"-hours increases... Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to complain to trade unions!
    This isn't entirely relevant to the topic's theme, but I just want to point out obvious contradiction in discussion.

Let me outline boundaries again:
    1) some people don't want to constantly be on path of progress, they like to reach their ceiling (knowing that they can't make it further), and then have fun in content available to them, with interruptions for twinks;
    2) other people like to be constantly in duty of progress (and it doesn't matter if they don't have necessary skills, even trivial content should bring them "tangible benefits"), they don't need breaks, and they almost don't get any pleasure from content itself if one isn't related to the first;
    3) game can't be made for both of these representatives, parameters aren't compatible
    - if there is easy almost endless path - there is no ceiling, no time to stop, if there are stops - "workers" sooner or later become nothing to do and they aren't capable to "entertain" somehow themselves without virtual whip; here'd be to chide current content and gameplay for inferiority/insolvency/deficiency, it's very likely that this'd even be correct, but I'm not playing and will try to refrain from such comments, in the end, attracted target audience also changes along with change in ideology of these, which means... which means that whatever one may say, but fault is anyway lies with devs themself.

For reference, I rank myself in first category. It's desirable that gap in forces be within acceptable percentages for most of them. They don't need current inflation's level of ilvl/characteristics/power (amount and amplitude of difficulty lvls/tiers; class tiers can have almost same ilvl as dungeons's gear and differ only in small bonuses that smooth out shortcomings of particular class within selected content, will be mechanically more useful within raid and are quite insignificant outside of it, so they don't need any special category, this is still same PvE content, but dungeons themselves should only be as passing stage in progress hierarchy), min/max mentality concerns them very little (current class vs talents vs else $hitty design/hierarchy; they're rather be good with - this), which means that collecting gear for all "situations" will be rather perversion/whim of bored elit to them, BUT the very availability of opportunity to do this doesn't hinder them in any way. Is this understandable?

Now let's get back to the topic, idea of division is normal in itself (you overdid it with number of categories), but there is no need to "cure" current design (patient is more likely dead than alive, none of treatments will give any essential results), it's too intolerant, too demanding to conditions, it's too limited with boundaries everywhere, too intrusive (relies too much on automation ~aka players' narrowness/feeble-mindedness/lack of own will)... which means, yes, gear should be adjusted to game design, but first you need to get game back on digestible track. And then, when this happens, then minimal edits will be required. Here is how the things really are, guys.

ps. Personal criticism - there shouldn't be any bonuses that work like this here, there differently, and somewhere they don't work at all, same applies to any abilities. I can understand when this applies to CC in cases of PvP targets, but it's the only exception to basic rule. Non-working part should end at resilience characteristic indicator (or its analogs), in other words, characteristic itself won't work (not taken into account in formula), but in fact it's always working, but it will not apply to certain targets (as it was when nature attack wasn't working against robots, or any additional damage to demons/undeads, etc). Players mechanically are separate race in the game. The latter is the only exceptional moment in mechanics during realization of some lore moments. So, I suppose, that you already understand which of moments of your "solution" are at odds with such approach. Disabling and forgetting is a favorite "activity" of current devs, I'll never support such, you need to be more flexible and cunning.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-11-27 at 02:09 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Alkizon, you have given me a great idea to solve the major issue with my design problem. Thank you!

I will update when I can better present the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It would have been great if they had understood this from the beginning instead of begrudgingly acknowledging it half a year into the expansion. But better late than never, I guess...
    I do think they screwed that part up, yeah. Basically in 9.0 solo gearing is an absolute piece of cake... until you're 200. Then you hit a wall and have to do Normal+ raiding, 5+ keystones, or rated PvP to gear up at all. I do think there should be a limit to world content gearing (just below Heroic ilvl like in 9.1 seems ideal) but it should be a more gradual process to reach it, not handing free loot quickly and drying up the well so soon afterwards. Especially after Titanforging made world content possibly give upgrades for the entire xpack, the course correction on Blizzard's part was again too severe.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I 100% agree with this idea. Content is so varied now that people gear up in mythics, raids, pvp, etc, that it would make sense that people could gear up in all those ways. Heck people might not have time to do that content but would still like to improve their power, hence world quests are the way to go (with it being balanced around being slower to gear up on average compared to the other ones). If Blizz can get the world quest pacing back to the likes of Legion I think that could definitely work.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordrakan View Post
    I 100% agree with this idea. Content is so varied now that people gear up in mythics, raids, pvp, etc, that it would make sense that people could gear up in all those ways. Heck people might not have time to do that content but would still like to improve their power, hence world quests are the way to go (with it being balanced around being slower to gear up on average compared to the other ones). If Blizz can get the world quest pacing back to the likes of Legion I think that could definitely work.
    We can't have that, else the tiny hardcore minority would be in arms yelling at Mandatory™ content. And we have already seen how sensitive Ion can be to the demands of said minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

If you unsub right now, there's an option on the "why are you unsubbing?" page of "The reward systems are not satisfying".

I hope when I come back that they'll at least have acknowledged that "You want a new outfit? Three months of grinding, fam." isn't a good way to implement your endgame in something you want people to play for 18-24 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    We can't have that, else the tiny hardcore minority would be in arms yelling at Mandatory™ content. And we have already seen how sensitive Ion can be to the demands of said minority.
    And see that's where they are wrong, because nothing about it would be mandatory. Sure, if you want to be 100% efficient you do your mythics/raiding/pvp content and use world content to supplement the gear slots that aren't upgrading as quickly, otherwise everybody gets what they want. Heck even just having the bonuses only work for their respective content areas would be the fix for "mandatory" content where they get nothing but stats from it

After taking some feedback into consideration, here is an alternative to the bonus gear system that I proposed originally.

I believe that some sort of bonus system is the right move to solve the problem, but I now believe that this theoretical bonus system doesn't necessarily have to be attached to the actual gear. So here is the new idea: basically there would be a separate PvE and PvP power bonus that you would gain after completing different levels of content. This system would be evergreen and the bonus would reset with every season/patch cycle. We would require a new panel maybe with a toggle button accessible from our character panel. Below is a rough example showing how it might look for a player progressing through any certain patch cycle:

This creates a bonus reward system for players who participate in more "difficult" content that translates into other similar areas of the game. By adding power through accomplishments, it reduces the need for the actual gear to be the main focal point of the rewards structure. This in turn, creates an avenue for world content gear to scale to maximum ilvl just like all other gear within each patch cycle. Gear progression is the rock that WoW was founded upon. And with this new proposed system, all content would provide a long rewarding path that puts all players on equal footing within the outside World...of Warcraft.

* Note that I did not overthink what exactly the bonus should be or it's relative value.
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2021-05-17 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    After taking some feedback into consideration, here is an alternative to the bonus gear system that I proposed originally.

I believe that some sort of bonus system is the right move to solve the problem, but I now believe that this theoretical bonus system doesn't necessarily have to be attached to the actual gear. So here is the new idea: basically there would be a separate PvE and PvP power bonus that you would gain after completing different levels of content. This system would be evergreen and the bonus would reset with every season/patch cycle. We would require a new panel maybe with a toggle button accessible from our character panel. Below is a rough example showing how it might look for a player progressing through any certain patch cycle:
    <removed image>
    This creates a bonus reward system for players who participate in more "difficult" content that translates into other similar areas of the game. By adding power through accomplishments, it reduces the need for the actual gear to be the main focal point of the rewards structure. This in turn, creates an avenue for world content gear to scale to maximum ilvl just like all other gear within each patch cycle. Gear progression is the rock that WoW was founded upon. And with this new proposed system, all content would provide a long rewarding path that puts all players on equal footing within the outside World...of Warcraft.

* Note that I did not overthink what exactly the bonus should be or it's relative value.
    Resilience with extra steps. Blizzard have tried this and it was deemed an epic failure. What's the point in having bonus damage on your gear when gear will do the same thing. The solo players should not get any gear at all. Right now they should all be ilvl 175, because that's all they have earned. You are ilvl 200 because of the good grace of actual casual players. The pretend casuals should stop coming up with convoluted systems that reward them with gear they don't deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Resilience with extra steps. Blizzard have tried this and it was deemed an epic failure. What's the point in having bonus damage on your gear when gear will do the same thing. The solo players should not get any gear at all. Right now they should all be ilvl 175, because that's all they have earned. You are ilvl 200 because of the good grace of actual casual players. The pretend casuals should stop coming up with convoluted systems that reward them with gear they don't deserve.
    To me, its just another system on top of the systems we already have. And considering one of the few consistent complaints about SL and even BFA is that they have too many systems, I dont see anyone thinking adding MORE systems would be a good thing.

I think its particularly unusual considering how many "casuals" claim gearing was better for them in earlier expansions - expansions that had NONE of these additional systems, I find it especially unusual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Get a fucking grip with this conspiracy theorist bullshit. By your (and I'm being desperately generous with the use of this word) "logic", any requirement to achieve anything in the game before being rewarded with the absolute maximum reward possible encourages boosting and therefore is a "cash grab" by Blizzard because of the existence of the token. Blizzard doesn't encourage boosting by setting requirements on gear - lazy, useless morons who want rewards without any skill or effort invested on their own behalf encourage boosting. It's not even casuals that buy boosts because casuals literally do not care about reaching peak ilvl. It's entitled people wanting everything handed to them on a platter for the mere act of logging in that buy boosts, and then invent all the excuses under the sun about how they have jobs or whatever and that makes it literally impossible to actually play the game and that's why they need to buy boosts.

Your indignation is misplaced. Blizzard sell a product. It's the playerbase rot engendered by forums like this where laziness and mediocrity are celebrated that creates the market we currently see.
    i can asure you, you are miles away from the truth. we (i am senior sw dev) build exactly this systems for exactly that reasons. and we have the statistics and data about customer types, age, behaviour and so on. and i can assure you too, your implications about who is paying for this stuff and who not, is horrible false. you can make millions and even billions with smart cash grab systems. its exactly what Blizzard do (beneath other things that ofc enhance profit too). not only in WoW or HS. its a modern industry standard and there is zero conspiracy involved. its just one of many aspects of the normal way to make profit of bigger companies in that industry. but you dont need to believe my words. ask other ppls in this industry. look at the amount of WTS entries in PUG tool. take a close look at the actual game design and ask yourself why is this and that, whats the game reason, for what its worth, why a leads to b and so on.

or i.e. use your browser, learn to use the web dev console and consider the wow api and wowprogress and take a look at how many ppl in BfA used a paid service to change their character into an allied race (which was the side profit stream in BfA). we talk about giant profit here. not about 5 die hard fans. these things are there to make millions. and they do. its not that lets say 3 mio ppl pay 12 bugs sub = 36 millions per month and very few pay a token (lets say 10.000) for another 70.000 dollar profit. its more like 50 millions where 36 comes from the subs and 14 mio from tokens. ask analysts, they will tell you (when not under NDA).

i dont wanna change your opinion here. i dont know who you are or foremost how old you are and whats your job and business is. i can just say that i do this since 21 years and making millions and billions with systems like token-apropriate game design and other smart cash grab system, is zero tinfoil hat and just a simple reality in this business. but most ppl not get this anyway. heck, most ppl not even realize that Blizz earns 7 bugs for every token ever passing the AH. thats why its a „smart“ cash grab system. you dont make huge profit with things like a shop. because it has obvious bad taste and customers ingame simply dont want these things because that shiny shob mount marks them as a shop buyer and this is negative associated ingame. therefore you will make a nice tiny side profit with shop, but you will not get rich with it. with smart cash grab systems you will. simply because its „integrated“ and not obvious. it feels like a win win. one not paying his sub. another one easily getting gold for RL money. also no china trader or gold farmer. all of this makes it a fluid well working system. imagine you have such a well working fluid system and everytime it works, you get 7 bugs for free, whenever someone of the winwin ppls „win“. it just works that way and it works like a charm.

but as i said, i do not wanna convince anyone here about the „truth“. i just state here whats reality in my and Blizzards business. thats all. if you think thats BS, is up to you.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-05-17 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    What exactly does what I posted have anything to do with Resilience?

Did you actually read what I typed? This new bonus system wouldn't be attached to gear.

The rest of your statement is just trolling. That seems to be a pattern with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To me, its just another system on top of the systems we already have. And considering one of the few consistent complaints about SL and even BFA is that they have too many systems, I dont see anyone thinking adding MORE systems would be a good thing.

I think its particularly unusual considering how many "casuals" claim gearing was better for them in earlier expansions - expansions that had NONE of these additional systems, I find it especially unusual.
    Systems that people complain most about are generally the type where you have to grind content for trivial power increases. See: Conduits in SLs
    And then there have been problems with having too many additional active systems. See: Azerite+Corruption+Cloak in BfA.

But what I am suggesting is an passive bonus system. And that is noteworthy. It's more similar to being rewarded Flying for having done certain achievements. In this case, you are being rewarded power gains in certain content for having done certain achievements. Additionally, it's an evergreen system. It wouldn't be something temporary for a just a patch or expansion. It would be a fundamental aspect of gameplay going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    If you unsub right now, there's an option on the "why are you unsubbing?" page of "The reward systems are not satisfying".

I hope when I come back that they'll at least have acknowledged that "You want a new outfit? Three months of grinding, fam." isn't a good way to implement your endgame in something you want people to play for 18-24 months.
    But that's EXACTLY what some are asking for?!?!?!? the removal of rewards from difficult content, and instead have it all tied to easy, time consuming content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    But that's EXACTLY what some are asking for?!?!?!? the removal of rewards from difficult content, and instead have it all tied to easy, time consuming content.
    I can't speak for everyone, but the exact point of this thread is to come up with a way to adequately reward players who do more "difficult" content while allowing the same gear progression for players through world content. I believe my latest proposal is a viable solution.