Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I liked the artifact weapons before they became the chore of a grind. They should have reached a max level and been done with them. I liked the Mage Tower. Suramar was a nice zone. The rest of it I could leave.

It was a great expac. BFA and SL are just shitty versions of what Legion was.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubbahlubs View Post
    I miss Legion aswell as MoP.

Best expansions for playing paladin.

May Glimmer burn in hell.
    Legion was the first time I liked healing with Holy since Wrath. BfA... well it started okay, and I quite liked being able to DPS-healing in PvE with that talent (PvP only in Legion), but Glimmer... I hated it. If I'd wanted to play Disc, I'd be playing Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    It was a great expac. BFA and SL are just shitty versions of what Legion was.
    My thoughts. BfA could have been way better tho if they had more time. Azerite armour was not tested at all. With another 4 months they could have pin-pointed a lot of stuff which happened in 8.0 and 8.1. Or maybe not. Corruption vendor was very obvious, but I can't see any other reason than purposely not implementing it or being incompetent.

I miss a lot of stuff from Legion people tend to hate. Suramar is perhaps the best zone in WoW (and no, I don't mind "WHO GOES THERE" - you're sneaking in a city, deal with it). Court of Stars is still among my top 3 favourite WoW dungeons. Artifact Weapons were amazing to play around with, and I still miss a lot of cool abilities that we lost (Fury of the Eagle, Odin's Fury, Strike of the Windlord). Karazhan was amazeballs, endgame questing was great (Order Hall campaigns, profession quests), Mage Tower.

One single flaw that ruins Legion as one of the best expansions for me is the class design. I can't come up with a single class that got changed in that expansion for the better, or hasn't have to be redesigned afterwards. Arms was clunky as fuck, MM felt unplayable to me, Brewmaster was freaking unrecognizable, Rogues got half of their skills simply removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I realise you are probably being sarcastic / pointing out that even wod was "better" than SL - but i actually agree. I honestly believe people a misremembering WoD, or at very least, only remembering the worst parts. And it absolutely did have some pretty terrible parts, but I still really enjoyed WoD.

I think for many people, SL just missed the mark - its hard to pinpoint exactly what is lacking, but for many, something absolutely is lacking. For me, Legion was the opposite - heaps of things I look back and think "yeah, that was awesome", but there is and was a lot a did NOT enjoy about legion. I know many say it was their favorite expansion, but for me, thats the Wrath / Cata / Mop expansion, for various reasons.

Once I would have added TBC in there, however going from retail to the TBC beta reminded me how slow and clunky many things still were, and that even continued, to some extent, through into Wrath - I think it was Cata before they really got classes to feel smooth, fluid, and responsive.
    I will admit I haven't played retail in a very long time, but for what I played, Cata definitely had the best class design for me. There were a few issues that could've been addressed (such as Ret's Divine Purpose making them rngadins), but overall I thought the classes were superb. That's why even though Wrath is my favourite expac for a number of reasons, in terms of class balance and viability etc Cata was the best for me.

Not one bit to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    One single flaw that ruins Legion as one of the best expansions for me is the class design. I can't come up with a single class that got changed in that expansion for the better, or hasn't have to be redesigned afterwards. Arms was clunky as fuck, MM felt unplayable to me, Brewmaster was freaking unrecognizable, Rogues got half of their skills simply removed.
    Elemental felt pretty good, after the mess that was most of WoD, and Gust of Wind was wonderful and taking it away was complete shittery. Retribution was 'okay', but that stupid pony (that we still have) destroyed a lot of my interest in the class. Affliction was great, and didn't have that stupid "summon a demon to do burst" BS it got in BfA and still has. Arcane was decent. A lot of people very much liked Shadow at certain points. Boomkin was pretty cool, if only for the "I drop a moon on their head" spell.

Aside from Gust of Wind and perhaps Affliction's overall design there was nothing I'd have missed in a return to the end-MoP classes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Elemental felt pretty good, after the mess that was most of WoD, and Gust of Wind was wonderful and taking it away was complete shittery. Retribution was 'okay', but that stupid pony (that we still have) destroyed a lot of my interest in the class. Affliction was great, and didn't have that stupid "summon a demon to do burst" BS it got in BfA and still has. Arcane was decent. A lot of people very much liked Shadow at certain points. Boomkin was pretty cool, if only for the "I drop a moon on their head" spell.

Aside from Gust of Wind and perhaps Affliction's overall design there was nothing I'd have missed in a return to the end-MoP classes, though.
    I agree that aff was fairly fun in legion, but one of my sore spots is that it just wasnt as good as MoP, same goes for the rest of the speccs. But for affliction specifically, loosing Soulburn, a brilliant spell which lets you trade shards for burst dmg or utility instead of sustain damage, was a huge blow to the joy of the specc and to class design as a whole (which ever since legion centered more and more around just maximizing dps and less about intelligent choices during fights).

Ok, Surrender to Madness was (for at least 1 patch) really cool. Some old-school RPG stuff right there, shame it didn't fit into the meta of the game. Agree on Retribution too, it was a suprise to me how fun the spec played, forgot about that.

And yet people laughed when Paladins complained about losing Sense Undead.
    I'm sure they did because the majority of the WoW community are morons that furthermore have no empathy for other players or understanding of why losing beloved buttons feels so painful.

I'm not laughing though, and I never have been. Fuck pruning in all its forms, fuck the developers behind it, and fuck the sycophants in this so called community who cheer on Blizzard for turning WoW into a dumbed down action RPG and continue to eat that shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    I agree that aff was fairly fun in legion, but one of my sore spots is that it just wasnt as good as MoP, same goes for the rest of the speccs. But for affliction specifically, loosing Soulburn, a brilliant spell which lets you trade shards for burst dmg or utility instead of sustain damage, was a huge blow to the joy of the specc and to class design as a whole (which ever since legion centered more and more around just maximizing dps and less about intelligent choices during fights).
    Well said.

Everything is now designed for the crowd that is obsessed with spreadsheets and maximizing damage and the almighty "rotation"

Everything is ruined for anybody who cared about meaningful tactical gameplay choices outside of the basic rotational buttons 12345.

Somewhere, somebody is reading this and saying "But I only care about pressing 12345" and to that person I say congratulations on being the target audience of the great dumbing down. Being proud of your ignorance and laziness is not a good look but when has that ever stopped anybody.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    What I wouldn't give to have 10 minutes face to face with the fucking inept clown imbeciles that deleted half of my Rogue buttons and utterly ruined the class in Legion.

I just want 10 minutes to verbally tear into those useless fucking idiots, face to face.

I want to force them to confront the consequences of how badly they fucking suck at doing their jobs ,and I want to be seen in my rage.

Fuck every single Rogue class designer from Legion and every subsequent expansion. From the bottom of my sneaky Rogue heart. Thanks for ruining every last ounce of fun and excitement that I once found in the world of Azeroth you stupid, useless fucks.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I did enjoy the weapon quests and mage tower

you guys are cancel culture.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    you guys are cancel culture.
    What does that even mean...? Not the "cancel culture" term itself, but rather MMOC posters being cancel culture
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    I kinda miss it. I miss the Artifacts and getting Artifact skins. Sure you can get them now but there are some you can't anymore (Mage Tower ones.) Legion was a fun expansion.

I understand people who like to min/max criticisms about legendaries and AP, but as someone that didn't try hard who just went with the flow and did what I felt like, it was fun.

I miss:

Mage tower
    Artifacts
    Chasing artifact appearances
    Old WQ system (shorter quests and more rewarding)
    Legendary questline
    Class quests and halls
    Suramar
    Better leveling
    Invasions
    Great transmog sets

It's honestly their best expansion. It was overall as satisfying as WoW has ever been for me.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-05-19 at 05:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do. It is on my top 3 list.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There were many thing about Legion which I enjoyed, and I do miss it dearly. That said - BfA wasn't that bad either imo

10+ Year Old Account
    To me, Legion is the best expansion (overall)
    But thats a hard sell.

WotLK, and TBC are also right there... Literally been waiting for TBC classic since i loved it. But with everything, Legion is better. No mismanagement of lore(though a few retcons), no villain saying i will get you next time, etc....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    My thoughts. BfA could have been way better tho if they had more time. Azerite armour was not tested at all. With another 4 months they could have pin-pointed a lot of stuff which happened in 8.0 and 8.1. Or maybe not. Corruption vendor was very obvious, but I can't see any other reason than purposely not implementing it or being incompetent.
    anything would be better with time, that isn't a BFA thing
    even wrath would been even better with more cooking, but they rushed it fear of warhammer
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power