Each expansion seems to be getting worse.

At least since Legion, the dev team seems to learn no lessons and double down on bad ideas. Let's have the same grind come back from Legion and BFA, in a different form with anima and conduits. Let's have the same RNG come back instead of choosing one loot from the weekly chest, we have 3 this time but there is a catch, they will have a lower the drop rate of the mythic dudgeon runs than before to play lottery at the end of the week, to try to stretch out of the game for that sub money. World quests being more useless in each expansion. Time gates on earning reputation for renown. Activision's complete take over of this company is complete, all they care about now is selling us new mounts that should be in the game instead of making the game better. They was told about these issues in the Shadowlands beta but once again ignored the player base.

I have not seen much positivity surrounding Shadowlands and already we not even gotten to a 9.1 patch yet and they already lost 40% of their player base which should tell you something about how people don't like to be taken advantage after the dev hype about this expansion. At this point I don't care about the next expansion, they seem to want to break promises and double down on the status quote with these expansions to try to stretch out the player's time. They wonder why FF 14 has been growing and wow steady declining, maybe they should take a page out of Square Enix book about actually caring about the player base and their wants for their games.

What do you expect from this thread?

Yea, I normally don't participate in these but recently I have really been feeling it. This is worse than WoD. Absolutely nothing meaningful to do outside of M+ and Raids (which have RNG gear and reduced loot drops, FUN). World Quests aren't worth a damn anymore, nor quick. Callings give some greys to sell, unlike Emissary that could give competitive gear and TF. Torghast not worth a damn outside of legendary's. Maw some of the worst content ever made. Covenant is Garrison but worse, which I didn't think was possible. Even warfronts and Islands were worth more with the high Ilvl piece/high amount of azerite attached to them. Uldum/Vale sandbox zones gave enough to do. Shadowlands may be MY least favorite expansion if it stays on the path it currently is. World quests need to be worth a damn if this is going to be the daily model as well, that's for sure...either that or it's time to find a different daily grind.

This game has turned into a game for collector's. Achievements, transmogs, and mounts are all anything offers and they aren't even fun to earn along the way. After Classic release I told myself I wouldn't be getting into TBCC but it seems Shadowlands has all but forced my hand.
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2021-05-17 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's odd, because your past 6 threads have gotten progressively worse as well.

I remember the wow fourms here use to be great

With Jeff leaving, Blizzard is going downhill

I haven’t played since 9.0 right before the raid opened

The world content stinks.

This surely can't be a coincidence. I can't imagine the real reason to post these kind of threads.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-05-17 at 07:11 PM.

world/daily quests have never been a path to high end gear. ever. they have always been about getting resources to spend on side content. also after you go through the story quests one time you have the option of either doing so again or diving right into getting renown with your covenant as you level. most of these complaints to me seem to stem from players not engaging with the community aspect of this game. get a guild, make friends, do high end content, or don't and be knee capped the entire time, your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    At least since Legion, the dev team seems to learn no lessons and double down on bad ideas. Let's have the same grind come back from Legion and BFA, in a different form with anima and conduits. Let's have the same RNG come back instead of choosing one loot from the weekly chest, we have 3 this time but there is a catch, they will have a lower the drop rate of the mythic dudgeon runs than before to play lottery at the end of the week, to try to stretch out of the game for that sub money. World quests being more useless in each expansion. Time gates on earning reputation for renown. Activision's complete take over of this company is complete, all they care about now is selling us new mounts that should be in the game instead of making the game better. They was told about these issues in the Shadowlands beta but once again ignored the player base.

I have not seen much positivity surrounding Shadowlands and already we not even gotten to a 9.1 patch yet and they already lost 40% of their player base which should tell you something about how people don't like to be taken advantage after the dev hype about this expansion. At this point I don't care about the next expansion, they seem to want to break promises and double down on the status quote with these expansions to try to stretch out the player's time. They wonder why FF 14 has been growing and wow steady declining, maybe they should take a page out of Square Enix book about actually caring about the player base and their wants for their games.
    WordPress is free.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

I've played Classic, end of Wrath, Cata, beginning of MoP and end of BFA and Shadowlands until around 6 weeks ago.

BFA was absolutely awful. Didn't really feel like WoW to me at all. Shadowlands at the start definitely feels more like how WoW used to feel. If 9.1 dropped a month ago, it would have been EPIC. How are people meant to be doing the same raid for 6+ months with no announcement on when exactly the next raid is coming out.

Castle Nathria is a good raid to be fair. Not unreal but a solid, good raid.

I stopped playing because the game just got too repetitive. Theres only so many times I can run Castle Nathria and do the same M+ dungeons. I also didn't really like the M+ dungeons in this expansion either. They weren't horrific but Sanguine Depths for example felt so long and a slog to finish ESPECIALLY the last phase.

The game world and systems have been completely draining since Legion. Lots of busywork to do that never ends.

I miss Warlords of Draenor. Really good raid content and you didn't have to log on constantly to do stuff that wasn't raids.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    That's odd, because your past 6 threads have gotten progressively worse as well.

I remember the wow fourms here use to be great

With Jeff leaving, Blizzard is going downhill

I haven’t played since 9.0 right before the raid opened

The world content stinks.

This surely can't be a coincidence. I can't imagine the real reason to post these kind of threads.
    Someone concerned about the quality of the game is making yet another thread about being concerned for the quality of the game?! Oh no! How suspicious indeed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The game world and systems have been completely draining since Legion. Lots of busywork to do that never ends.

I miss Warlords of Draenor. Really good raid content and you didn't have to log on constantly to do stuff that wasn't raids.
    Since WoD, it has been all "You want shit to do? We'll fucking give you shit to do"

Odd, each expansion is getting better - more stuff to do each time.

Shadowlands even gave people what they want - more choice, and less being 'forced' to do stuff.
    Shadowlands improved the loot system based on what people wanted.
    Shadowlands gave us a significant meaningful choice for our character - also something people wanted.

Not sure what the issue is OP.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Since WoD, it has been all "You want shit to do? We'll fucking give you shit to do"
    So are you saying these "things to do" are good or bad? What "things" are you referring to specifically? I don't think I disagree with you, just wanted some clarity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Odd, each expansion is getting better - more stuff to do each time.

Shadowlands even gave people what they want - more choice, and less being 'forced' to do stuff.
    Shadowlands improved the loot system based on what people wanted.
    Shadowlands gave us a significant meaningful choice for our character - also something people wanted.

Not sure what the issue is OP.
    I guess some people thought they wanted it, but they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account

Thats cause the sentiment back then was Raid or die. You missing WoD...lol

Someone concerned about the quality of the game is making yet another thread about being concerned for the quality of the game?! Oh no! How suspicious indeed
    He's noting a very negative and cynical trend, not that nobody can be negative about wow, you're being dishonest.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You know whats interesting? I honestly think we are on the verge of people saying "you know what, WoD was actually pretty good". I have been saying it for years, and have been laughed at and ridiculed for it, but I can see a change coming...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

You're not being accurate nor fair with your criticism. During the beta Blizzard probably listened to the player more than ever before, they simply didn't listen to the things that matter most to you. Blizzard probably listened to feedback because of Covid rather than a concentrated effort, nonetheless, they did listen.

BFA was significantly worse than Shadowlands. Warfronts proved to be a complete joke and no one bothers to do them if they didn't receive a great piece of gear. Azerite gear immediately and unquestionably flopped. And the overall story is BFA happened to be bifurcated, nonsensical and muddled. Shadowlands, even with all its obvious and enduring flaws, is a cool drink of water in the desert compared to BFA. There is a possibility the upcoming Shadowlands patches will prove me not only wrong, but very wrong. To that I say - lets wait and see.

I do agree Blizzard should pull a page or two from FFXVI's playbook. Square Enix made a very smart move several years ago when they did a detailed survey of their player base and found out what they truly want. It's paid a ton of dividends and Blizzard should do the same, but they're cheap when it comes to investing in themselves and player base. The bottom line is - time gated and time synched content is Blizzard's business model and unfortunately it works for the short term, so they're not changing their ways.

I kind of agree with the OP, but then I kind of don't. I am not sure what is missing from this expansion. But it is enough to push me over to Final Fantasy XIV. Going to download it tonight and give it a try. But their are a number of things that Blizz is doing wrong and it does seem to be getting worse.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

10+ Year Old Account
    only wow 2 can make people feel some kind of novelty a this point
    wow is popular so blizzard makes more expansions, but I don't know what players are expecting
    if you're new maybe try starting classic

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    only wow 2 can make people feel some kind of novelty a this point
    wow is popular so blizzard makes more expansions, but I don't know what players are expecting
    if you're new maybe try starting classic
    play classic so you can realize why only freaks play classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post

It doesn't take more than 3 minutes to see OP's thread history to determine that "concern for quality" has never been a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    yeah no, it is disingenuous to ever analyze wow as a progressive downward slope, and not the constant sine wave of highs and lows that it is.

classic and tbc are their own special cases, but from wrath on you simply have wrath good->cata less good->mop great->wod terrible->legion great->bfa awful->SL good with of course various players having their own experiences. but if you're addressing pure expansion quality, there's no doubt in my mind this game alternates between good and less good development. bfa was actually probably the worst development cycle wow had imo-wod had no content, but what was there was good, whereas bfa had tons of content that nobody wanted to do. i think it's far worse to have content and have nobody genuinely enjoying it. while torghast can get boring, and the forums love to rage it, if you look at when people do forum polls or look in game, people *do* torghast, not just for soul ash, but with friends to have fun. not nearly as miserable a failure as warfronts and islands.
    I really don't think Wrath was very good.

The first raid tier was a disaster, more or less everyone cleared an even easier version of naxxramas in a week or so and you had one even reasonably challenging fight. The dungeons didn't hit hard enough or have abilities to stop you from grouping everything up and aoe-ing mindlessly. The world was extremely non-threatening and every mob had the same 12,000 HP and no or minimal abilities.

Ulduar was a strong point, but it was undercut after only four months by Trial of the Crusader which a very lazy, poor raid. Icecrown Citadel was sort of alright but nothing great.

The opening of Cataclysm was way way better than Wrath. More interesting dungeons and very good raids. Cataclysm got bad after Firelands though, Dragon Soul was one of the worst raids ever made.

I think the sub-counts bear this out. Subs were always increasing in TBC. In WOTLK subs capped out and started going down.

Pandaria though, great expansion from beginning to end.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2021-05-18 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "I Quit" and "Game vs. Game" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead