Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If voting could change anything it would be made illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    If voting could change anything it would be made illegal!
    Just another example of someone saying something they think is incredibly clever or deep, but after 2s of reflection you realise just how idiotic it is.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Just another example of someone saying something they think is incredibly clever or deep, but after 2s of reflection you realise just how idiotic it is.
    You say that but it’s literally what the GOP are trying to do in the US. Every state they lost in, they’re introducing new restrictions to prevent people in certain areas from voting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    You say that but it’s literally what the GOP are trying to do in the US. Every state they lost in, they’re introducing new restrictions to prevent people in certain areas from voting.
    This means that indeed voting can change a thing. You know, the could part of the "super clever" saying is therefore stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

it must be nice and comfortable to be this naive. you go!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    This means that indeed voting can change a thing. You know, the could part of the "super clever" saying is therefore stupid.
    I think the nuanced point the guy is making that the system is so corrupt it will stop change if it can. Kernel of truth to that.

I think the nuanced point the guy is making that the system is so corrupt it will stop change if it can. Kernel of truth to that.
    Dude, one of these days I'm going to start tearing posts up when they use the word corrupt. It's the same kind of buzzword that people use but don't understand. Everything's corrupt, going by some people's definition. Heck, I'm corrupt, because I'd do anything for that cup of coffee in the morning. It's a word without meaning at this point. You're corrupt, because you feel compelled to respond to the shit I'm putting in this post.

Gnah.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

15+ Year Old Account
    So voting changes things then and is because of that tried to make illegal?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So voting changes things then and is because of that tried to make illegal?
    To be clear, voting the GOP out would mean they lose power. So they will try to restrict voting and severely limit who can vote, so they can then cling to power. I don't agree with what Magneto said, but there's some kernel of truth in what he said, despite his edgelord disenfranchisement.

Basically that voting triggers legislation changes to prevent voting, so in itself prevents actual substantial positive growth.

Bear in mind I could be giving the guy way too much credit, and he didn't mean this at all.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-05-14 at 10:36 AM.

Wales went to Labour again, not like they've shown over the last 20 odd years they absolutely suck at running a country or anything, but at least they are now looking into a trial of UBI with a view to rolling it out properly in the next couple of years. Not entirely sure where the money is going to come from as they will have to beg Westminster (who will most likely tell them to fuck right off) for it but you gotta start somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Wales went to Labour again, not like they've shown over the last 20 odd years they absolutely suck at running a country or anything, but at least they are now looking into a trial of UBI with a view to rolling it out properly in the next couple of years. Not entirely sure where the money is going to come from as they will have to beg Westminster (who will most likely tell them to fuck right off) for it but you gotta start somewhere
    Labour is the less useless iteration of the Tory Party. I wouldn't even be surprised if that's literally the agreement they have.

'You be the bluster and I'll be the tumbleweed'.

Labour is the less useless iteration of the Tory Party. I wouldn't even be surprised if that's literally the agreement they have.

Why would you not have such an agreement when it's alwys either one being in charge? Just go back and forth, tag team forever and you're secure. No alternatives, no threat, no need to actually do anything good.

Why would you not have such an agreement when it's alwys either one being in charge? Just go back and forth, tag team forever and you're secure. No alternatives, no threat, no need to actually do anything good.
    Innit. Bingo. Yahtzee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Almost like getting rid of the one leader who was turning the party back into a left-wing party was a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Almost like getting rid of the one leader who was turning the party back into a left-wing party was a bad idea.
    Yup such a bad idea to get rid of the leader who gave the party the biggest loss since the end of WW2. Don't give me bubutbtubtubtutbutubtubtubtbtubt it's the media bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Yup such a bad idea to get rid of the leader who gave the party the biggest loss since the end of WW2. Don't give me bubutbtubtubtutbutubtubtubtbtubt it's the media bullshit.
    Yeah, imagine losing big because your own party keeps sabotaging the leader because they are allergic to anything left-of-centre. Great media and political system you got going. But you keep underestimating how much the media has an effect on elections, i'm sure that'll work out.

A tory lite labour is useless, no matter if they win or not. Not that they will by how much Starmer is fucking up lmao
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-05-18 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So you're suggesting that the media carrying out a 24 hour a day, 365 days a year hatchet job on Corbyn was nothing to do with his unpopularity? Perhaps you'd be good enough to explain what you think WAS the cause of his unpopularity, considering that the policies he was suggesting always scored highly with the voting populus, right up until the point they were told they were Labour policies?

Sure, the vaciliations on Brexit could be argued to be a strong cause, but I'd lay the blame for that at the feet of the whole party, not one man. His personal position on it was always clear (although a little convoluted). And that was probably the single biggest cause of the failure in 2019.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are all these posts deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Why are all these posts deleted?
    Guy spamming accounts to get around a ban to post nonsense. Don't worry, he'll be back and in greater numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Guy spamming accounts to get around a ban to post nonsense. Don't worry, he'll be back and in greater numbers.
    Ahh I replied to him. First time I didn't recognized him by username. But why delete my post?