Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I created mine late vanilla, a thousand years ago, just because I read it has a spec called "Destruction". It felt like and evil fire mage and I loved it. Still one of the two characters I main ever since.

warlocks are my favorite to kill as a ninja.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Started in BC. Didn't know anything about the game so I asked a buddy what I should play. He recommended Forsaken Warlock.

Been my main since then.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I liked the red dress

I made my first Warlock alt just because the red robes were cool...

Plus, Shadowbolt was pretty.
    And Felguard could be a tank or dps pet.

I don't really identify with Warlocks at all, I just think some of the stuff it had was neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    But how about, purple and green and purple and black and purple with purple, green, and black?
    We really need a updated version of Nemesis already!

I started playing at a time when mana actually mattered for non-healing casters and you'd end up having to throttle a bit if you weren't playing warlock.
    Sure, it's not helping your healers any, but full ham all the time was fun.

Edit - Except reliquary of souls

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2 View Post
    I started playing at a time when mana actually mattered for non-healing casters and you'd end up having to throttle a bit if you weren't playing warlock.
    Sure, it's not helping your healers any, but full ham all the time was fun.

Edit - Except reliquary of souls
    Meanwhile, wands cried because they were useless. Poor wands.

Always thought it was weird casters don't auto-shoot from their weapons while casting spells. Surely it would make them seem more active.

Boy, i guess you never met wands.
    Back in my day, voidwalker could pull everything, get some corruption up, heal it when required and use wands to keep the mana up so you can either respawn the blueberry or spam drain-life. Wands mattered.

Also the wands were very important in some raid bosses thanks to their element, range and AS. This is quite the same for all DPS/Healer casters. The most important reason for that is that if you could not or should not heal/threat/move, attacking with a wand you still do some dps and trigger the mp/5. This was tactical especially for healers.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenn View Post
    Do you all chose to main a warlock because you are a edgelord , a goth , a emo , a rebelious person , a outcast person , a person how like to use dark powers for greater good , a person who don't care about the opinion of others about what magic he/she use or a occultist who practice occult , magic and black magic in irl ?
    ... A what now? No seriously, what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    18 years ago or six months after this game came out I picked a warlock. I knew nothing of being "OP" or "bad ass". I didn't even know what those terms meant. I just loved warlocks because of what I saw in movies and from different lore of other games and mythical cultural lore. So I made one and I was like they are cool. Then I learned all about raiding and fighting bosses and doing 40 man raids.

Back then warlocks were cool and it was rather easy to play them. Their wasn't any of this snapshotting shit and their wasn't all these bitches whining about loot and not much whining about DPS. People had fun. Hell now. It is a whole new story.

But as of right now, I have shelved my warlock in favor rogues. Warlocks suck and the rotation of affliction is just plain ridiculous.
    Also what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfomania View Post
    I started with an amazon, it was ok. Leveled her to a point. Made a warlock undead (cuz they look bad ass) leveled them up within a week or 2 in BC. Never touched my hunter again. Who wouldnt want to be a amazing undead warlock??
    ... You did what now?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... A what now? No seriously, what?

- - - Updated - - -

Also what?

- - - Updated - - -

... You did what now?

wait....what. (Sarcasm) what??
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    wait....what. (Sarcasm) what??
    Oh good God, this game is almost 18 years old... Shit, somehow I thought it wasn't more than 15 - well ignore me then - I'll just sit in the corner and feel ancient and decrepit.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I identify as a warlock IRL but it wasn't until they nerfed titan's grip in wrath because of "hybrid tax" that I swapped mains to warlock
    These days I'm multiboxing warlocks in classic for free mounts and setting up summon networks
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

For me, I like playing as a sort of 'good' warlock, who wants to help others and uses power for good, but also has a bit power hungry side and loves to research forbidden knowledge and willing to make self-sacrafices for it. And I kinda like this representation of magic in a lot of other medias as well, where magic doesn't just naturally come to you, but you have to pay some price for it, and I think the first few years of warlock really got that right. I mean you have
    -Life tap, literally sacraficing your health for more 'magic'
    -Hellfire is powerful but also damages yourself
    -The quests for different demons, some of them will get loose over time so you dont have infinite control, and they are mad at you.
    -Rituals were interesting that you had to have other people's support, and couldn't just do alone, I found it really cool, cause no other class really has stuff like this, and it just feels powerful stuff, that you need help with it.
    -The soul shards in inventory, that you had to prepare with most of the time before going for group content, it was more RP-ish this way than if it acts more like a mana

Tho I have to say, the soul shards are something that is a bit hard to place in a good warlock, even if you want to justify it by playing a lock who only collects souls from really bad people, well, still questionable So for me that was the part that was harder to accept cause it's literally like a Horcrux, just can be used in more versitale ways, but other than this spells side effects mostly just endanger yourself and not others, well except for the mobs you are fighting

So, I really like the aesthetic of a dark sorcerer. Cauldorns, black cats, large books/tomes, twisted spells, etc. I don't really like demons or a warlock's connection with them, I try to use talents and spec that is not so demonic, more witch-like or dark wizard/dark magician-like. Though of course even dark sorcerers and wizards, ritualists, etc, communicate and sumon demons so it's ok. I wish wow had a dark magician/sorcery class - maybe necromancer eventually? In the mean time a warlock can fulfill the dark arts kind of magic user. I wish wow had a dark arts class - a dark magician spellcaster/sorcerer draped in shadowy/smoky spells vs the spirited and eager mage (also wish they had an astromancer or starry spellcaster (or starry spell visuals in the nightborne's graphics, and a pandaren sorcerer's version of spell casting can crackle with jade energy and use cloud serpents in their visuals and theme -since each race develops their arts differently than one another, based on the culture's beliefs, ideals, history, heritage, traditions, landscape, affinity, adeptness, understanding and mastery of their people's version of the art. We and the game need race-specific and culture-appropriate spell and ability visuals, animations and sound effects, lets get some of our people's identify represented in our stuff not just totems and forms, please).
    Last edited by dunkl; 2021-05-09 at 05:35 PM.

I liked Warlock, especially affliction, for its DoT system. I loved the challenge of maintaining dots. It’s way different now. Still enjoy it since ye olde vanilla

Ranged classes without pet shields are cumbersome mostly.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

It's easy. You summon army of demons. Click on target and say 'fetch'.

It's just the most badass class tbh.
    Best looking tmogs, pets, fel - what's not to like?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    I created mine late vanilla, a thousand years ago, just because I read it has a spec called "Destruction". It felt like and evil fire mage and I loved it. Still one of the two characters I main ever since.
    what's the second?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just hilarious watching a tiny little fox with her own personal army following in tow behind her.

I enjoy trying to get as many summoned as possible at the same time. I think my current record is 19.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)