Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    BUT CANCEL CULTURE! Yeah, they don't care about censorship or cancel culture.
    They do care, they're doing it. The whole party is projection on comical levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    So last week, there was progress towards a House investigation into the murderous insurrection.

Today, the House GOP decided they just didn't want to do it.

Their excuse? It doesn't take into account the 2017 baseball shooting.

No, really.

McCarthy said he could not support the legislation because House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) “refused to negotiate in good faith” on the parameters of the commission and because Democrats’ “renewed focus” does not include the “political violence” in American cities, the 2017 shooting at a Republican congressional baseball practice or the fatal attack on Capitol Police on April 2.

“The presence of this political violence in American society cannot be tolerated and it cannot be overlooked,” McCarthy wrote.

“I have communicated this to our Democrat colleagues for months and its omission is deeply concerning,” he added.
    So this is purely an attempt to victim blame. McCarthy and by extension the Party of Trump that he leads in the House, are trying to paint the Democrats as obstructionists who don't want to look at political violence, when that's literally what this probe was about. This would be very similar to someone looking at the Chauvin case and saying "Wait, we can't have a trial without also looking into this other, unrelated murder. We can't just try only one murderer, and if you refuse to bring in a second murder to this murder trial, then you don't care if people get murdered". Pretty sure there's more than one commission in the House at a time.

Oh, and remember how in 2017 the GOP held the House? If the Republicans wanted to look into either political violence and/or the basketball shooting specifically, didn't they have over a year to do it? Considering it was gun violence, they probably would have had bipartisan support.

This is their only chance to deflect from Trump's role, since even I won't be able to blame Trump for the 2017 basketball shooting. At least not a genuine one.

Oh, and for added fun:

Following her ouster in an interview with ABC "This Week" host Jon Karl, Cheney said that McCarthy should "absolutely" testify before the possible Jan. 6 commission.

“He absolutely should and I wouldn’t be surprised if he were subpoenaed,” Cheney said in a preview clip of her interview on ABC News’s "This Week" that aired Sunday.

I think he very clearly and said publicly that he’s got information about the president’s state of mind that day,” Cheney added.
    I have no idea if either Cheney or McCarthy were telling the truth in that bolded. I do know Pelosi should have seen Cheney's response by now. And I know Pelosi has no reason to look at what appears to be perfectly good evidence and say "No, we're good". I think that, if such a public statement does exist, Pelosi can and should publicly ask McCarthy to voluntarily testify. If and when he refuses, then slap him with a subpoena for refusing to provide useful, relevant evidence, which he said he had.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-05-18 at 04:31 PM.

McCarthy doesn't want to get subpoena'd and doesn't want to get on the bad side of Trump.

Not sure what he's worrying about, from what I can tell it's gonna be a waste of time anyways, with Republicans objecting to every part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    McCarthy doesn't want to get subpoena'd and doesn't want to get on the bad side of Trump.
    I believe that. I can't wait to find out which he hates more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Basketball?
    Ugh, baseball, sorry. At least McCarthy was accurately quoted.

Basketball?
    Its baseball

I van see that now;
    McCarthy; "No on that commission."
    Cheney; "O rly?"

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...bellion-489273

And they're getting pissy that Pelosi is requiring masks still because not enough Republicans in the House are vaccinated. Seems their ire is misdirected and should be directed towards their idiot anti-vax colleagues.

Seriously, Republicans are the biggest snowflakes.

Monday's quick report:

25,030 new cases; 369 deaths, bringing the total to 600,533. Both are once again down from their previous Monday totals.

Stay safe, folks.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I van see that now;
    McCarthy; "No on that commission."
    Cheney; "O rly?"
    I hope some senior people are talking to Cheney about a GOP spin-off party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    Its baseball
    Baseketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I hope some senior people are talking to Cheney about a GOP spin-off party.
    I kinda think that might be a problem in a few years. If Cheney splits and pulls neoCons, like Bush... Trump and GOP become the antiestablishment party. It will only solidify Trumpism for foreseeable future...

GOP need to lose and lose bad in 2022... without neocons as the scapegoat... otherwise, we are stuck with Trump for a long time...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I kinda think that might be a problem in a few years. If Cheney splits and pulls neoCons, like Bush... Trump and GOP become the antiestablishment party. It will only solidify Trumpism for foreseeable future...

GOP need to lose and lose bad in 2022... without neocons as the scapegoat... otherwise, we are stuck with Trump for a long time...
    If the NeoCons stay in and they lose 2022 in safe spots due to them splitting the vote and gives the Democrats enough votes that they can pass stuff in the vein of HR1 without being able to use Machin as the scapegoat as to why they can't. That could still be a long term win. Doubly so if they stay in to the point they keep splitting the vote till one of them dissolves.

Win or Lose though, we will be stuck with the ghost of Trump so long as the current GOP is allowed to continue as is, he will be their new Reagan. For Trumpism to die, the NeoCons would have to form that party and keep it there till the current GOP withers and dies. Otherwise, much like the wife on the cartoon Monster House, he'll die, but he won't leave.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big surprise, Greene and some other members of the rabid fanbase showed up in Congress without masks.

Masks are oppressive and nothing but a political tool.

End the oppression!
    -- an exact quote twitted with the selfie.

There is a $500 fine involved. One would assume it's per offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Big surprise, Greene and some other members of the rabid fanbase showed up in Congress without masks.

Hey, if Republican Reps. want to spend their entire salary on metal detector and mask fines, they're more than welcome to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

That’s so depressing, when we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just do it for a few more weeks... that’s all...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

FOUND ANOTHER ON!!!!

https://apnews.com/article/election-...4146931127caff

A Pennsylvania man who illegally voted for Donald Trump on behalf of his long-dead mother in last year’s presidential election was sentenced Friday to five years of probation.

Bruce Bartman, 70, of Marple, pleaded guilty Friday to two counts of perjury and one count of unlawful voting. Besides his probation term, he will not be allowed to vote in an election for four years and is no longer eligible to serve on a jury.
    Voted for Trump on behalf of his dead mother and gets five years of probation? Meanwhile, a woman who genuinely didn't know she wasn't allowed to vote cast a ballot in the 2016 election and got 5 years of actual prison - https://news.yahoo.com/black-woman-s...173558169.html

And she didn't even intend to break the law, she made a mistake, unlike this fuckstick who knew he was breaking the law by voting for his dead mother.

Almost like there's some kind of like, I dunno, systemic racism in our legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Meanwhile, a woman who genuinely didn't know she wasn't allowed to vote cast a ballot in the 2016 election and got 5 years of actual prison - https://news.yahoo.com/black-woman-s...173558169.html

And she didn't even intend to break the law, she made a mistake, unlike this fuckstick who knew he was breaking the law by voting for his dead mother.

Almost like there's some kind of like, I dunno, systemic racism in our legal system.
    Also, it's Texas.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...251512028.html

The St. Louis lawyer who brandished a firearm at Black Lives Matter protesters last year has officially entered the 2022 race for Missouri’s open Senate seat.

Mark McCloskey tweeted he will have “a huge announcement” on Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s show Tuesday evening, but his Senate campaign website went live hours before the appearance.

“Mark has never before run for political office, but he has now answered the call of public duty and is running for the United States Senate from Missouri to fill the seat of retiring Sen. Roy Blunt,” his website says.
    Remember MAGA Ken, who rose to fame when he and his wife MAGA Karen got upset that BLACK PEOPLE were marching peacefully on their private street, so decided to brandish weapons and point them at the peaceful protesters?

Apparently that's all you need to gain enough celebrity to be a viable candidate for the Republican party. The Republican party is the party of fuckin brainworms.

Concern Troll Susan Collins has reason to be concerned.

https://www.axios.com/susan-collins-...f3f7ab4ca.html
    Apparently her campaign doesn't' have any involvement and may be the vitcims in this from what I've been reading. Just weird seeing this happen with Republicans, who I thought were very law-abiding?