Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Leveling a draenei or a BE is as TBC as it gets. You not liking it doesn't change that fact.
    ah yeah,i agree,i did state that a bit later to make it clear,yes be and draenei lvling is part of tbc experience

If you're genuinely starting fresh in TBC, 2 weeks is... probably enough time with regular play to get a draenai/blood elf to 58

The pass isn't ONLY available for new players though (though, enough would just go with second account and be done with it) so if they don't restrict it, everyone uses it to add their draenai shaman/blood elf paladin to their character selection. That's... kinda... poor (AND as it happens, the option they'd take if they were being more greedy, they'd get a LOT more sales if folks could use it to get their new alliance shammy/horde pally).

This... is about the most sensible balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    That there should be both or none.
    What does your reply have to do with it?
    Why? Other char/races combo at 60 already existed when TBC launched, I really don’t see the point.

Belf and draenei combos were a key feature of TBC, I still don’t get what does this have to do with boosts.

Anyone else think "So you don't skip the starter zones (that haven't been changed in approximately a billion years anyway)" is the dumbest suggested reason out of them all?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Nah. Only the most casual of casual scrubs will choose their race based on "can I boost it or not".
    Well that's gonna be tonnes of people cuz fuckloads explicitly said "I wanna play TBC not Vanilla, fuck Vanilla levelling"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Why? Other char/races combo at 60 already existed when TBC launched, I really don’t see the point.

Belf and draenei combos were a key feature of TBC, I still don’t get what does this have to do with boosts.
    Talents are also new key feature that even stop before getting to tbc. There's even new quests for a all races on 1-60. Then one month into tbc we will have 60lvl belfs and draenei and then that reason doesn't make sense anymore.
    I don't understand in turn why it's fine to boost to 58 when no one did. But then it's not fine boost to 58 when no one did that either.

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    that fine in a Vacum. but here is an fact. The level boost is an thing.
    and when it is a thing, it does not make sense, what if he want to main one? People working, dont have time to level a BE / Dreanie to 60 in 2 weeks.
    You don't need to level in two weeks. You can level the character just fine well after tBC launch.

To OP: Limit outrage I guess. They are straight-up saying no to free income by limiting out the new races and sure logically it doesn't make sense. The new races are going to explode in popularity so maybe restricting the boost would help the imbalance.
    Last edited by kail; 2021-05-18 at 05:03 PM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

One of their goals is to get people to spend a lot of time on this game.

They know a lot of people want to level new races, hence opportunity to get a lot of people to spend a lot of time.

Once enough people have them leveled they’ll sell boosts for them.

Not having a boost definitely killed my desire, but it was admittedly low to begin with once I remembered that I enjoy having more than 2 buttons and loads of dead globals.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Because they don't want you to be able to skip the BE/Draenei levelling zones, just like when BC first came out.

It's not hard to understand.
    because boosts was available back in BC? the argument of "because you had to level them in BC" is not a valid argument when boosting services is in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    because boosts was available back in BC? the argument of "because you had to level them in BC" is not a valid argument when boosting services is in the game.
    You seem confused.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Back then, they thought of Classic and BC the same game, but BC actually didn't start until either:
    A.) You went through that portal at lvl 58-60.
    B.) You started a Blood Elf or Draenei and leveled from 1.

The distinction of Classic and BC really wasn't the case, as new people had to sludge through old content just to play the stuff they actually paid $ to play. Noone was raiding Onyxia, Naxx, or BWL anymore, and you played hell forming the simplest of high level dungeon groups

People say they want "Classic BC", but reading this says the opposite. They want to play with the improvement (character boost) that lets you enjoy the content you actually paid for. Well, you paid for the option to start a lvl 1 Draenei or Blood Elf, that was part of "Classic BC".

I think the restriction should be only for shamans on alliance and pallies for horde. All the other classes should allow you to boost. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    I think the restriction should be only for shamans on alliance and pallies for horde. All the other classes should allow you to boost. Just my two cents.
    I think they should only allow shamans and pallys to be boosted for blood elf and Draenei since you can just boost one of the other races to get the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Not having a boost definitely killed my desire, but it was admittedly low to begin with once I remembered that I enjoy having more than 2 buttons and loads of dead globals.
    Complaining about classic game play in a classic post on a classic forum, for folks reading about classic seems kind of dumb no?

Well I guess its now 2 weeks less a day to catch your expansion race up.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Not that I disagree with your sentiment, because I don't. But it takes over 100 hours to level a toon from 1-60 so that would mean somebody would have to play like 7 hours a day, every day, in order to get to max level in just 2 weeks.
    Does that take into account the xp needed to level nerf

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No I didn't even know there was an exp to level nerf tbh. How much is it?
    from what I read, about 20%. I screenshotted how much xp I needed to level from 45 to 46 before the prepatch so I will see what it is when the servers are up and let you know

- - - Updated - - -

finally was able to login; yesterday the total xp from 45-46 was 117k. now it is 96k

It doesn't make sense logically yeah like few said earlier.

Think someone also said to limit outrage. My guess is it's a way to give the more "serious" gamers an out to still liking it. Since p2w isn't so liked in the western world, they can rationalize it not being p2w.

I wonder if China will also have the limit or not. They do already have wow tokens in classic and in PoE it's a whole different game filled with p2w there.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Talents are also new key feature that even stop before getting to tbc. There's even new quests for a all races on 1-60. Then one month into tbc we will have 60lvl belfs and draenei and then that reason doesn't make sense anymore.
    I don't understand in turn why it's fine to boost to 58 when no one did. But then it's not fine boost to 58 when no one did that either.
    Boosting a standard char to 58 has nothing to do with being able to start TBC with a be/dn at 58.

I don’t even get why you can already create a be/dn in pre patch.

About 20% XP nerf, you also get 30% more XP from quests from 30 and onwards.