Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Considering CR himself stated they have per day on average 30k unique players on a normal basis and 100k daily during events, thats a fair amount more than the average playerbase for ED.
    Chris Roberts is, as we've repeatedly discussed, not a credible source of accurate information.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Chris Roberts is, as we've repeatedly discussed, not a credible source of accurate information.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...m-The-Chairman all the information is there, its up to you to take is as accurate or not.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Considering CR himself stated they have per day on average 30k unique players on a normal basis and 100k daily during events, thats a fair amount more than the average playerbase for ED.
    LOL what a great source the chronic liar CR everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

all the information is there, its up to you to take is as accurate or not.
    Link it all you want does not change anything from a known liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Won't stop him from treating his word as gospel and believing everything he says.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...m-The-Chairman all the information is there, its up to you to take is as accurate or not.
    No, no it isn't. Where does it say 30k unique players a day? And 100k during events? Can't seem to find that anywhere.

If you cant even be bothered to provide evidence when you claim something is BS then your not worth replying to, dont claim BS if you cant prove it.
    That is not how it works dude. And at this point you're posting and arguing in bad faith.

And there'd be no point in doing that with you anyway because you'd just spin some bullshit about why the facts someone posted don't line up with your reality and therefore the game is released, but not really, and it's still better than any other space game out there and ED sucks even though I spent 100 hours in it, SC will be the best game ever, Chris Roberts can do no wrong and can just go right ahead and take all my money because his vision is just that perfect, timelines and release dates don't exist, yet they met all the ones that mattered and ..... I don't have a big enough tin foil hat for this shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Until he backs up what he has said in the past and now i have no intention of doing the work for him, he has refused to back up what he has said so far.
    .....I can't even begin to unpack this bullshit.

Practice what you preach, or stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    snip
    Thats exactly how it works, if you claim something is incorrect you have to prove it first. If you cant be bothered to back up your claim saying something is wrong you dont deserve a response at all.

Thats exactly how it works, if you claim something is incorrect you have to prove it first. If you cant be bothered to back up your claim saying something is wrong you dont deserve a response at all.
    That's ass backwards and you know it.

But since that's how you want to play I say you work at CiG as a paid forum shill. You're horrible at your job and should be fired. If that's not true you have to prove you don't work for CiG.

Thats exactly how it works, if you claim something is incorrect you have to prove it first.
    No it's your job to show that what you said is NOT BS, is actually not BS.

If you cant be bothered to back up your claim saying something is wrong you dont deserve a response at all.
    You heard it here folks!

kenn doesn't want anyone to respond to him.

Then stop responding to it? But nooo! I love how people have quotes of you claiming BS and demanding someone prove it and then you call BS on something and want them to prove it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    That's ass backwards and you know it.

But since that's how you want to play I say you work at CiG as a paid forum shill. You're horrible at your job and should be fired. If that's not true you have to prove you don't work for CiG.
    Checkmate?

- - - Updated - - -

No, no it isn't. Where does it say 30k unique players a day? And 100k during events? Can't seem to find that anywhere.
    You know how this works, he made his statement you have to prove it wrong despite the thing he linking not providing these supposed numbers! The fault is on you, what he said was correct and you are spouting BS!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That is not how it works dude. And at this point you're posting and arguing in bad faith.

And there'd be no point in doing that with you anyway because you'd just spin some bullshit about why the facts someone posted don't line up with your reality and therefore the game is released, but not really, and it's still better than any other space game out there and ED sucks even though I spent 100 hours in it, SC will be the best game ever, Chris Roberts can do no wrong and can just go right ahead and take all my money because his vision is just that perfect, timelines and release dates don't exist, yet they met all the ones that mattered and ..... I don't have a big enough tin foil hat for this shit.
    No kidding, the fact that someone has posted quotes from him directly contradicting nonsense he has said makes me laugh. I'm glad I don't live in whatever reality that is supposed to be. Either a really bored troll that has too much spare time to discuss this game or someone with an agenda looking to collect a paycheck.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    As much as it pains me to say this and I mean almost physically, the numbers are there in in what Kenn linked, just towards the bottom.

God I hope I am just missing the sarcasm b/c yeah defending him sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    As much as it pains me to say this and I mean almost physically, the numbers are there in in what Kenn linked, just towards the bottom.

God I hope I am just missing the sarcasm b/c yeah defending him sucks.
    Yeah I guess you're right. But leave it to SC to have such a crap site that it didn't load anything beyond the opening paragraphs for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    And that's just Steam, Elite is playable through its own launcher, the Epic game store (which recently gave the game away for free, Playstation and XBox.
    Oh wow, I'd forgotten I'd picked up the Epic freebie of ED. Thanks for the reminder - I can give it a try now.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...m-The-Chairman
    As has already been noted by other posters, you are comparing daily logins against peak concurrency in a 24 hour period.
    Peak concurrency does not tell you how many people logged in over the whole day.

I believe you know this and simply want to peddle a narrative that SC's numbers are bigger and therefore better, much like the twitch stats nonsense that gets brought regularly.
    Last edited by 1001; 2021-05-19 at 05:47 AM.

You're lying about 100k daily during events. The words you used imply plural when you say "events". The truth is they hit 100k during "an event" singular.

How is 30k a day more than ED gets? Remember that figure gives a total of 750k a year whereas ED is pulling in 500k a month. There aren't enough figures to make a true comparison but from what we do have it seems likely Elite has more than 30k playing per day just on Steam.

In that chairman's letter he says 33 million game sessions started by 740,000 uniques. So 44 sessions per unique on average over the year, which means each unique logged in less than once a week. However this does not count for the crashes that have been plauging SC for a long long time now, people would close and restart the client which would count as a new session. This might be required multiple times in an evening, ie 3 or 4 times. In which case they might only have 11-15 days that they try SC through the year.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    In that chairman's letter he says 33 million game sessions started by 740,000 uniques. So 44 sessions per unique on average over the year, which means each unique logged in less than once a week. However this does not count for the crashes that have been plauging SC for a long long time now, people would close and restart the client which would count as a new session. This might be required multiple times in an evening, ie 3 or 4 times. In which case they might only have 11-15 days that they try SC through the year.
    Roberts also says the total /played time for everyone is 26.5 million, making an average of 36 hours per year. Playing with those numbers the average Star Citizen player logs in once every ~8 days and plays for 48 minutes.

Roberts also says the total /played time for everyone is 26.5 million, making an average of 36 hours per year. Playing with those numbers the average Star Citizen player logs in once every ~8 days and plays for 48 minutes.
    Those numbers make sense for a game without content.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

How is 30k a day more than ED gets? Remember that figure gives a total of 750k a year whereas ED is pulling in 500k a month. There aren't enough figures to make a true comparison but from what we do have it seems likely Elite has more than 30k playing per day just on Steam.
    Its simple math if ED has 500k monthly active players then on average 16.6k players could be playing on any given day, that 500k number doesnt mean 500k different players.

The graph shows in SC a consistant 20k-30k most of the year and a few spikes during events.

Your comparing 740k unique accounts to 500k monthly active users.

It just shows the active playerbase in SC is at least a little higher than the active playerbase in ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    You're lying about 100k daily during events. The words you used imply plural when you say "events". The truth is they hit 100k during "an event" singular.
    That was the first dynamic event SC put into the game, so every event like that should easily pull in the same number or even higher, i will rephrase it to up to 100k then but since its close enough to 100k it doesnt really matter does it, rounding up is usually what happens if its only a fraction away from a round number or if you dont know the actual number itself.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-19 at 02:37 PM.

that 500k number doesnt mean 500k different players.
    Of course it does. If it has 500k monthly active that means 500k different players logged in over the month. What else can it mean?