Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where are people getting the idea

that Blizz promised you could level a belf/draenei to 60 during prepatch? I don't recall them ever saying that. They said you could "get a jump on leveling", but never mentioned anything else.

And yet, everyone whining about the 2-week prepatch seems to be convinced that Blizzard said "you can level to 60 during prepatch".

What happened? The fact that we're getting belf/draenei two weeks before launch is already a huge improvement over the original TBC launch, which didn't unlock them until Outlands went live.

its just a way to trick people in to buying a boost thinking they wont have time to lvl,and thats pretty true for most people who dont wanna no life these 2 weeks or buy a player boost,the original pre patch was what?50 days?they easily could have made it 30 and be fine,but no,they need the players to feel rushed so they feel like buying the boost is their best option,thats the only reason for such a short pre patch

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its just a way to trick people in to buying a boost thinking they wont have time to lvl,and thats pretty true for most people who dont wanna no life these 2 weeks or buy a player boost,the original pre patch was what?50 days?they easily could have made it 30 and be fine,but no,they need the players to feel rushed so they feel like buying the boost is their best option,thats the only reason for such a short pre patch
    Can't boost those 2 races.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Can't boost those 2 races.
    its like you didnt even read it...yes,you dont boost those,so why would people bother trying to lvl them instead of boosting something else to be sure they are ready for launch?

People are just entitled. That's it end of story. They didn't have to release draenei/blood elves early since that was not original BC. Any argument about it cause of the boost is nonsensical and rubbish. People are whiny.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    that Blizz promised you could level a belf/draenei to 60 during prepatch? I don't recall them ever saying that. They said you could "get a jump on leveling", but never mentioned anything else.

And yet, everyone whining about the 2-week prepatch seems to be convinced that Blizzard said "you can level to 60 during prepatch".

What happened? The fact that we're getting belf/draenei two weeks before launch is already a huge improvement over the original TBC launch, which didn't unlock them until Outlands went live.
    Well, the promise was that we could start levelling but the assumed part was that prepatch would last as long as prepatch normally lasts. In retail TBC prepatch lasted 6 weeks so assuming we would get something similar to that is not really far fetched.

State of gaming in 2021 ... "Keep complaining". Just sad.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/world-f...classic-322447

14 hours to hit 60 from scratch. Obviously it’s an exception and he pushed hard but even if you doubled that time frame to a more realistic 28 hours that is 2 hours a day during prepatch and you’d be 60 by BC release
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-05-20 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

14 hours to hit 60 from scratch. Obviously it’s an exception and he pushed hard but even if you doubled that time frame to a more realistic 28 hours that is 2 hours a day during prepatch and you’d be 60 by BC release
    The Dark Souls speedrun record is like 30 minutes. So a new player should only need like 60 minutes right? That is your argument. Think, MrLachyG, think!

I can't watch the stream at work, but I'd be willing to bet all my Classic gold he had help from a number of people for dungeon boosting and summons to the next dungeon to repeat the cycle.
    There is 0 chance he did this even remotely close to how a normal person would level.

I would bet that travel alone for a new player would be 14 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

"from scratch"
    he had like 10-20 people helping him via mob tagging
    lmao

"from scratch"
    lmao
    What I don't get is when I tell people that I'm going for a record level and that they should finish off the mobs I tag they tell me you fuck off. Is this another example of classic toxicity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    its like you didnt even read it...yes,you dont boost those,so why would people bother trying to lvl them instead of boosting something else to be sure they are ready for launch?
    You have to be doing this just to bait people right?
    you do know you cant get a paladin on horde, or shaman on alliance without leveling one of these races right? and you cant boost them...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

For everything else youve had since TBC Classic was announced (what was it, 12 months ago now?) to level which is far longer than TBC retail pre patch was.

Boost is to help people change mains most likely as with current knowledge im sure alot of people wont play the same class from vanilla to TBC like what happened on retail as we know the ups and downs of the classes over the expansion now, aka who is strong, weak, which classes fall off as content progresses etc.

It's one of several unreasonable complaints going atm. Frankly the only reason to click any classic threads is to see people whine though - it's not like there's going to be any useful information about the 15yo game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

bc people want to play paladins and shamans would be my guess
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2021-05-20 at 02:55 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "from scratch"
    lmao
    that doesn't change the fact that he was doing it from scratch (aka level 1)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    The Dark Souls speedrun record is like 30 minutes. So a new player should only need like 60 minutes right? That is your argument. Think, MrLachyG, think!
    comparing 2 different games is just nonsensical

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    I can't watch the stream at work, but I'd be willing to bet all my Classic gold he had help from a number of people for dungeon boosting and summons to the next dungeon to repeat the cycle.
    There is 0 chance he did this even remotely close to how a normal person would level.
    I mean I did say that. but even if you quadruple the time to level you can still get to 60 before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Blizzcon they mentioned wanted people to be able to level their new races so they could join their friends in outland. Essentially same reason as the boost.

I wouldn't say they promised it though. Some people take every spoken sentence as a promise, which I consider odd. They just said they wanted to give you that opportunity.

I mean to use this as a example of leveling is... like saying F1 driver can get his tires changed in 10seconds so normal person should be able to do it in 20. I mean really? I can only assume this is intentional ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I did say that. but even if you quadruple the time to level you can still get to 60 before release.
    lol. Sure, if you can play 5-6hrs every day for two weeks while being efficient too.