Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It would also show they care if they gave everyone all the BC tier stuff, and 18 free level 60 boosts.

Pointless gifts are pointless.
    I don't think they were obligated to give free days back in the day when servers where unstable yet they did. It all changed with Activision. It should be a partnership: we are looking to spend our time and they make money out of it (assuming they still love what they are doing). Now it's all max profits for Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Not sure what advantage hitting 60 before TBC launch offers to somebody who can't/won't hit 60 in 13 days. When Vanilla TBC launched I spent the first couple of days mining in TK/Naggrand on my 60 hunter alt for insane profit, still hit 70 in enough time to raid competitively through all phases on my main. If I was going for server firsts it would have been a problem, but being a few days behind the pack has no real drawbacks for the vast majority of the player base.
    I have agreed with some guildies to dungeon grind when TBC launches.

So I have to be lvl 59 at least by June 2nd.

In the long run this will save time since I just will hit 70 with all reps in revered and kara attunement within a week after launch.

After that I can almost raidlog or play just 2 hours each night.

If I don't get to 60 before tbc launch I would have to quest or pug the dungeons and would take much more time.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    I don't think they were obligated to give free days back in the day when servers where unstable yet they did.
    This is an expansion pre-patch+split, this is something they've never done before - and it hasn't even been down for enough days to even bother with a refund.

Back in Vanilla - servers would fall over just because for days.

You wanted nostalgia - you haven't even got it yet.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

This is an expansion pre-patch+split, this is something they've never done before - and it hasn't even been down for enough days to even bother with a refund.

Back in Vanilla - servers would fall over just because for days.

You wanted nostalgia - you haven't even got it yet.
    Nobody asked for a prepatch split. They did this ONLY to get more money from cloning characters. They are 100% to blame.

Nobody asked for a prepatch split
    So you'd have been ok to start from scratch on new servers ?

levelling from 1-70 would take WAY WAY WAY WAY longer than from 60-70.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

So you'd have been ok to start from scratch on new servers ?

levelling from 1-70 would take WAY WAY WAY WAY longer than from 60-70.
    I would have been ok rolling on a fresh realm but I was 100% sure this won't happen so I started preparing since late March. Now my char list looks like this:

60 Hunter
    58 Hunter
    52 Priest
    51 Mage
    46 Paladin
    39 Mage
    38 Warlock

3-4 weeks of prepatch would have been nice indeed but less than 2 weeks now doesn't look that helpful.

3-4 weeks of prepatch would have been nice indeed but less than 2 weeks now doesn't look that helpful.

So - what you are saying is that for the normal person who is playing a game, 2 weeks is fine.

For people who go nuts and treat it as a job - they might have a few minor issues.

Ok - all clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    But on the other side, if you have very limited time to play, why is it so important to turn 60 as fast as possible
    You seem to think that not being able to play 6+ hours a day means i dont participate in endgame activities with a guild.

You couldnt be more wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially with the whole 2 weeks - 1 day fiasco. DO IT!

Try to remember they dug their own grave with this cloning fiasco. Could have been an easy transition from Vanilla to TBC and just a duplicate server for people wanting to play that. Nobody asked for AH closing, IF/ELSE cloning services, 24h unredeemable marks in the mailbox etc.
    How about, playing the content? There is no rush? Enjoy the content. People kept saying the old content was about the adventure, go explore. If that is not for you, then I'd guess, take a break?

Problems occur, even with old versions of the game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a constructive thread for discussion.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)