Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Boosting a standard char to 58 has nothing to do with being able to start TBC with a be/dn at 58.

I don’t even get why you can already create a be/dn in pre patch.
    And boosting a standard char to 58 has nothing to do with 1-58 not being tbc content, because there is a lot of it. It's still a key feature of WoW: The Burning Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    And boosting a standard char to 58 has nothing to do with 1-58 not being tbc content, because there is a lot of it. It's still a key feature of WoW: The Burning Crusade.
    Mmm, no. Leveling a Classic race/combo in TBC, apart from be/dn combos, is not part of the TBC experience.

I could agree (and I probably will when it’ll be time for that) that leveling from scratch would be “an intended part of the experience” if we were talking about Cataclysm, but for TBC and WotLK it’s just a fat noes.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Mmm, no. Leveling a Classic race/combo in TBC, apart from be/dn combos, is not part of the TBC experience.

I could agree (and I probably will when it’ll be time for that) that leveling from scratch would be “an intended part of the experience” if we were talking about Cataclysm, but for TBC and WotLK it’s just a fat noes.
    We'll have to agree to disagree then. For me 40-50 talents are 40-50 levels content. I don't understand at all how is gaining the TBC talents not TBC experience.
    Nor how are new quests in 1-60 that are only in TBC not in classic not TBC experience.
    Last edited by kukkamies; 2021-05-19 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree then. For me 40-50 talents are 40-50 levels content. I don't understand at all how is gaining the TBC talents not TBC experience.
    Nor how are new quests in 1-60 that are only in TBC not in classic not TBC experience.
    Dude, the TBC experience, again apart for new races/classes combos, is to play in the Outlands.

I respect of course your opinion but I can’t see how “wasting time” on Azeroth could be considered part of the TBC experience, new talents and a bunch of new quests for me are not enough to justify that.

Peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I wish Blizzard would let me pay them to skip the game. That would be great. I could just give them a bunch of money every month, and in return I could spend my time doing anything but playing World of Warcraft.

Why make it difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Cool you're allowing boosts so new players can join their friends. But they want to play blood elf or be a paladin on horde side?

Just allow the boost. Why make it difficult.
    Because if it is easy, it has no value.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Man I wish Blizzard would let me pay them to skip the game. That would be great. I could just give them a bunch of money every month, and in return I could spend my time doing anything but playing World of Warcraft.

Why make it difficult?
    OMG yes, I need to not play the game so I give Blizzards the monies. I will give Blizzards all the monies not to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post

Why make it difficult?
    I agree, they should make the boost free so people can actually enjoy the game instead of playing the part so boring they are willing to pay to skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgebringer View Post
    OMG yes, I need to not play the game so I give Blizzards the monies. I will give Blizzards all the monies not to play!
    The pain of re-leveling new characters has always been a major issue in WoW. Very few people genuinely enjoy it. There's enough farming and grinding at max. level to give people at least the possibility of greatly quickening the leveling process.

XP reduction at 15% is not enough. For the first time in a decade the leveling process felt nice and smooth while still going through relevant zones and character progression, and that was on a private server with 800% XP LOL.

Thinking a new player wouldn't boost. Oh sweet summer child.

For the new player, they want to play with their friends who been playing longer and already reached lv60 and are gonna do TBC content. They don't want to grind out 1-58 levels, even if its faster than it was in vanilla. The only reason they are gonna level through 1-58 is if they picked a belf or goat as their race of choice. And their friends likely want to play with them, so what better way than getting carried through dungeons by several geared to the teeth players?

We after all already seen an extreme case of this with that belf paladin who got carried from 1-60 by their entire guild who was in full raiding gear.

So likely someone has already thought up and started doing a service for carry runs for fresh goats and belfs by having a group carry them through the content as long as they are paid what they consider a reasonable fee for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    People working, dont have time to level a BE / Dreanie to 60 in 2 weeks.
    If you don't have time to level to 60 in 2 weeks, then you're going to "fall behind" regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    If you don't have time to level to 60 in 2 weeks, then you're going to "fall behind" regardless.
    That's simply untrue. 1-60 solo leveling without boosts will still take roughly 3-4 days of /played which is a lot for someone employed / not living in their mom's basement. In contrast in TBC there aren't really any time consuming activities, in fact you'll be out of content with 3-4 days of /played in TBC in phase 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    you'll be out of content with 3-4 days of /played in TBC in phase 1.
    I like how one side of your post argues that you are employed and don't have a lot of time to play, but the other half argues that you're hardcore grinding through the content as fast as possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Give it a month into BC, and they will allow BE/Draenei boosts to allow the casuals dads who play 30min every 5week so they also get play the expansion.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Give it a month into BC, and they will allow BE/Draenei boosts to allow the casuals dads who play 30min every 5week so they also get play the expansion.
    nah they will keep the boost locked, and introduce race change, so we can pay twice. lol

as long as its allowed shortly after release thats fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    People that might otherwise play Blood Elves might pick the lazy option to just take any other race and skip 1-58.
    Yea and then those people pay for a race change at a later date and blizzard wins twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no good reason why they can't Blizz and others are just being dumb. The starting areas have been unchanged since their release. Everyone has seen them they're not new content except for a tiny percentage of "new" players entering this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    nah they will keep the boost locked, and introduce race change, so we can pay twice. lol
    Ah, of course, or they will do both cause $$$$$$$
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    This cash shop BS never should have happened. All you people who support it should go back to retail.
    cash shop bs was in vanilla wow and tbc back in 2004 and 2007, so if you dont support it you shouldnt play wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content