Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daltin View Post
    Why would you play a Final Fantasy game and openly not want to do the story content? It's an MMO. Dungeons and Raids are staples of the genre.
    Many people play MMO's as a solo online RPG. You may not agree with it but it happens.

1. Combat is very unappealing as others have said.
    2. PvP is basically non-existent from what I can tell, and wouldn't exactly be fun given the above anyways.
    3. Story is uninteresting from the get-go. Yes even after the Realm Reborn stuff.
    4. The art style is extremely unappealing.

I am utterly dumbfounded that SL is shitted on consistently, but FFXIV is praised. I haven't played SL in months but still consider it miles better than anything FFXIV has put out.

To each their own I suppose.

1. GCD feels bad. In 2021 this is inexcusable.
    2. The world doesn’t feel like a character like it does in wow. Invisible walls, cliffs you can’t jump off of. A slight hill? Nope can’t get up there. The game can feel like it’s on rails at times.

Currently playing because I'm just tired of wow. Been playing wow since wrath and I think I just need something different.

FFXIV combat is definitely not as fluid. Super slow starting experience. Really slow GCD, even with oGCD abilities the combat just doesn't "feel" fluid. Maybe because of the animations, idk.

It is very, very weeby too. But it's a JRPG so pretty par for the course. I wish it wasn't so cringe in some quests but at least some of them are skippable.

I've finished shadowbringers and those are my only major complaints. The combat is definitely slower on purpose. But I've just credited that to it being a Final Fantasy game and most of them are slower turn based games so I've mostly tried to look past it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzunami View Post
    1. GCD feels bad. In 2021 this is inexcusable.
    2. The world doesn’t feel like a character like it does in wow. Invisible walls, cliffs you can’t jump off of. A slight hill? Nope can’t get up there. The game can feel like it’s on rails at times.
    The invisible walls its a big problem, if im stupid enough to walk near a cliff then let me fucking die, i dont need you to hold my hand

In other aspect, another problem i have is that im stupid and just wasted 2k badges rising my rank with the red ribbon army when i could have used those 2k badges for gear, feels bad man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    2) Boss animations don't line up 100% with the actions. Ex. I'll move out of a red area 1 second before animation shows I get hit, but I still got hit? Happens OFTEN. Was never an issue in WOW.
    So specifically to this, my friend had problem getting used to this as well coming from WoW. The animation does not matter, all that matters is that you get out of the area before it disappears. Once it disappears, you will get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Its disingenuous to say that it only appeals to pedos and furries, but it's also true that there is no other major MMO on the market that appeals to those two groups as FF14.
    There is no single race that would be for furries. Catpeople and bunny people are not furries magnet. Hrotghar maybe? But if they are then worgens, taurens and vulpera are super duper furrie magnets.

Saying that ff14 races appeal to furries is stupid and show ignorance of the subject.

About pedo stuff? Yeah... because we can make cute little gnome race which has boobs instead of a living potato...

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    There is no single race that would be for furries. Catpeople and bunny people are not furries magnet. Hrotghar maybe? But if they are then worgens, taurens and vulpera are super duper furrie magnets.

Saying that ff14 races appeal to furries is stupid and show ignorance of the subject.

About pedo stuff? Yeah... because we can make cute little gnome race which has boobs instead of a living potato...
    So having an opinion thats different than yours is stupid and shows ignorance? Or can someone say that thinking werewolves are furry magnets is stupid and shows ignorance?

hard disagree, and i think cat people and bunny people are absolutely furry magnets.

By all means, go ahead and look up reaction videos of the male bunny people on youtube. Half of them are wearing bunny ears and costumes. FF14 also has the comments disabled for a particular reason... i wonder why?

i'm not the only one who feels this way about FF14's art style. Look up and down this thread and you'll see people saying "The aesthetic is the main problem" "I hate the characters/races" "Weeb characters" etc etc.

The art style is divisive and it absolutely appeals to those people you don't think it does. Does it mean everyone falls into one of those 2 categories, no ofc not, but the fact is FF14 attracts them for the OBVIOUS reason of the races/art style being practically made with that in mind.

It's why every race looks like a beautiful china doll, or a child like race, or a race that you can't tell if it's male/female.

Where are the manly man races? The conan the barbarian races? the monster races? The imperfect races?

They don't exist, but hey bunny men wearing women's clothing is cool right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    So having an opinion thats different than yours is stupid and shows ignorance? Or can someone say that thinking werewolves are furry magnets is stupid and shows ignorance?
    In WoW's case, it would be the fox people. They do not belong in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    When opinion is stupid then yes, it should be called out.

You can say moon is made out of cheese. You have right to say that. And other would call you stupid and ignorant. Same rules apply here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    hard disagree, and i think cat people and bunny people are absolutely furry magnets.

By all means, go ahead and look up reaction videos of the male bunny people on youtube. Half of them are wearing bunny ears and costumes. FF14 also has the comments disabled for a particular reason... i wonder why?

i'm not the only one who feels this way about FF14's art style. Look up and down this thread and you'll see people saying "The aesthetic is the main problem" "I hate the characters/races" "Weeb characters" etc etc.

The art style is divisive and it absolutely appeals to those people you don't think it does. Does it mean everyone falls into one of those 2 categories, no ofc not, but the fact is FF14 attracts them for the OBVIOUS reason of the races/art style being practically made with that in mind.

It's why every race looks like a beautiful china doll, or a child like race, or a race that you can't tell if it's male/female.

Where are the manly man races? The conan the barbarian races? the monster races? The imperfect races?

- - - Updated - - -

In WoW's case, it would be the fox people. They do not belong in WoW
    I dont really care how people react on yt. If that is your "research" and "argument" then by all means...

And when a person is wearing hair band with fake ears make you furry then the parties are full of those furry girls Again, amazing "research".

ANd dont give that "it is not only me". If milion people share a idiotic opinion it doest make it any less idiotic.

Art style is subjective. I never said anything about art style. Dunno why you talk about it.

How races look are from a cultural perspective. There we have supermodels. And in westerm rpg we have rough and unshaved, super serious alpha male, which is serious buisness. Super cereal.

Why you want manly man races? Because you were born in western hemisphere and not eastern? You got Hrotghar which are animalistic race, you got Highlanders which are your "manly (), rough, beared alpha males.

Oh boy so much insecurities and ignorance in this post. Yummy. Daddy likes that. Keep it going sunshine.

Having bunny/cat ears is furry? That's like a mild cosplay at best. Hrotghar could be somewhat counted to "appeal" to furries, but all other races are basically just cosplaying humans. If either FF14 or WoW would "appeal" to or target furries, it would 100% be WoW, i mean Vulpera, Tauren and Worgen ARE actual animals, including fur and animal head structure and all of it made humanized, while a Miqote is just a human with a buttplug and cat ear hairband at best. I'm absolutely not into furry/scaly stuff, but even i play an Au Ra (the dragon people), simply because they're a bit more interesting than just plain humans.

If anything, FF14's races are "too human", since we have pretty much "human with cat ears", "small human", "bigger human", "elf ear human", "human with horns" and "human with bunny ears", with the only exception being the Hrotgar and those are the most unpopular race (probably due to a mix of being only male and looking kinda silly for stuff like dancer or white mage)
    Also, a few random people in this thread going "i hate weeb stuff" isn't really an argument, because it's pretty clear that those might just "hate" on anything japanese looking and just go "it's just shit weeb stuff" from the get go

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    1. Combat is very unappealing as others have said.
    2. PvP is basically non-existent from what I can tell, and wouldn't exactly be fun given the above anyways.
    3. Story is uninteresting from the get-go. Yes even after the Realm Reborn stuff.
    4. The art style is extremely unappealing.

I am utterly dumbfounded that SL is shitted on consistently, but FFXIV is praised. I haven't played SL in months but still consider it miles better than anything FFXIV has put out.

To each their own I suppose.
    The ARR story sucks, but gets noticeably better in each expansion (in my opinion). The combat also gets remarkably better once you get higher level and the rotations get their key mechanics they're designed for. Not as great as WOW, but legit not that bad, and actually kind of more interesting in some ways, it just takes a while...

I'd say the main reason FF14 gets praised is because people like the devs and they actually care about the community and game and treat each with respect so many people are willing to overlook the shortcomings. The game actually keeps building upon itself and getting remarkably better and better each expansion. It's a fairly satisfying game.

Juxtaposed with WoW which has devs that live in an ivory tower and seemingly just want your retention and money. People overwhelming don't like the devs and company so they aren't as willing to overlook it's shortcomings. Plus the game basically throws away 90% of the content from the previous expansions each new expansion and doesn't even try build upon itself in 90% of the game. It's a deeply unsatisfying game.

Those are the differences I've noticed. It actually does make sense to me why one is so hated and one is seen positively
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-05-18 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Sigh, being forced to do dungeons to progress the story its a big fucking no no for me, hopefully this is the last time (lvl 20)
    You never have to interact with the players in the dungeons. They might aswell be NPC's. The only thing I usually do is say hi and bye at the start and the end of the instance.

- - - Updated - - -

There’s a reason ff14 doesn’t have comments on on that male bunny race (lol) video
    TBH the ff14 channel doesn't allow comments or likes/dislikes on ANY of their videos, since the start. Even the hype af ones like expansion cinematics. I don't know why but I don't think this is gonna change anytime soon.

It's what annoyed me in Asmon's reaction video when he watched the Male Viera trailer and then laughed cause the video wasn't allowing comments. Like dude thats for every video.

I myself ain't even interested in them, infact I'm slightly upset that they seem to have worked on those isntead of fixing Female Viera and Hrothgar.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is the Conan the barbarian like manly man races? Why does every race have to look like they crawled out of a My Little Pony cartoon or something ridiculous?
    Which Final Fantasy did that? I don't think any did. My entire life I've always heard that Final Fantasy is for gay people cause it features "gay af" male characters that look extremely feminine. I'm not surprised that ippollite would feel offended. TBH I never talked about liking FF irl cause I know how people would react.

But which part of the artstyle do you think appeals to those groups you mentioned? Is it the Lalafells? To me they are just the "dwarf" race of this mmo because every mmo has those.

As for the furries, are you talking about Miqo'te? They are just catgirls. If I'm gonna compare it to WoW for example, that game has way more furry races. Also the Miqo'te are definitelly the race they made that has the most sex appeal, that was obviously on purpose. But they certainly don't look young.

The GCD. I understand that later in the game you have a lot of abilities and it does not matter THAT much, but since a large portion of the game is NOT the endgame and I already spend 20 hours completely losing my mind because everything is so slow I will never actually reach the endgame or even higher levels.

And to be honest, even then, 2.5s is just too much for me.

You're on the wrong side here. As much I think the big buff male races wearing dresses that were specifically made for females looks silly, Ik I can just ignore it because not that many people wear them. The Dev teams seems to keep putting gender locked outfits in the game though, but everytime that happens people complain and if you disagree with them you're showing your homophobic side.

I'd wager they keep putting gender locked stuff in because it's a Japanese company and their culture is different than that of the west. Sometimes they unlock them, like the wedding outfit was only for females for YEARS until they made it available for males aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You never have to interact with the players in the dungeons. They might aswell be NPC's. The only thing I usually do is say hi and bye at the start and the end of the instance.

- - - Updated - - -

TBH the ff14 channel doesn't allow comments or likes/dislikes on ANY of their videos, since the start. Even the hype af ones like expansion cinematics. I don't know why but I don't think this is gonna change anytime soon.

It's what annoyed me in Asmon's reaction video when he watched the Male Viera trailer and then laughed cause the video wasn't allowing comments. Like dude thats for every video.

I myself ain't even interested in them, infact I'm slightly upset that they seem to have worked on those isntead of fixing Female Viera and Hrothgar.

- - - Updated - - -

Which Final Fantasy did that? I don't think any did. My entire life I've always heard that Final Fantasy is for gay people cause it features "gay af" male characters that look extremely feminine. I'm not surprised that ippollite would feel offended. TBH I never talked about liking FF irl cause I know how people would react.

But which part of the artstyle do you think appeals to those groups you mentioned? Is it the Lalafells? To me they are just the "dwarf" race of this mmo because every mmo has those.

As for the furries, are you talking about Miqo'te? They are just catgirls. If I'm gonna compare it to WoW for example, that game has way more furry races. Also the Miqo'te are definitelly the race they made that has the most sex appeal, that was obviously on purpose. But they certainly don't look young.
    FF1-4, ff6, ff7... and more.

FF14 is about the only entry in the list with exclusively super feminine and dainty characters. The rest, always had some manly men or variety of characters. There's no variety, everyone looks like a china doll or like they crawled out of my little pony.

And yes, the lalafells in particular attract that crowd, the cat people, the bunny people... every race in this game is a delicate little flower.

go look at the characters of FF6. Or hell, even FF7 for that matter. The variety is missing from modern FF14 and other modern FF games. it's one reason why FF isn't as popular as it once was, tbh

also, i did say that my complaint about the art style was subjective, and it wasnt even my biggest complaint. and i'm far from the only one here who thinks the art style is a major deterrent. Look up and down this thread. 1/3 rejections of FF14 are for it's art style and aesthetic, and a major complaint there is characters

- - - Updated - - -

You're on the wrong side here. As much I think the big buff male races wearing dresses that were specifically made for females looks silly, Ik I can just ignore it because not that many people wear them. The Dev teams seems to keep putting gender locked outfits in the game though, but everytime that happens people complain and if you disagree with them you're showing your homophobic side.

I'd wager they keep putting gender locked stuff in because it's a Japanese company and their culture is different than that of the west. Sometimes they unlock them, like the wedding outfit was only for females for YEARS until they made it available for males aswell.
    I was actually only referencing the bunny male release trailer where the male was wearing a college girls outfit, making everything even weirder. I was just bashing the trailer outfit they chose, which looks ridiculous, not the transmog in game. You can't control the transmog in game so that doesn't really affect me i just ignore it.

but THAT'S what they chose to wear during the big reveal? Like, who are they trying to appeal to?

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Its not the opinion. The opinion is fine. In fact i kinda agree with it. Its the bs surrounding it. FF appeals to pedos and furries... and weirdos and creeps. It sucks the life out of his opinion because he's a garbage human being. Why did he even say this?
    Are you saying it doesn’t? Honestly, I can agree with it. Not as pedo bait as the likes of Tera though

- - - Updated - - -

When opinion is stupid then yes, it should be called out.

You can say moon is made out of cheese. You have right to say that. And other would call you stupid and ignorant. Same rules apply here.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont really care how people react on yt. If that is your "research" and "argument" then by all means...

And when a person is wearing hair band with fake ears make you furry then the parties are full of those furry girls Again, amazing "research".

ANd dont give that "it is not only me". If milion people share a idiotic opinion it doest make it any less idiotic.

Art style is subjective. I never said anything about art style. Dunno why you talk about it.

How races look are from a cultural perspective. There we have supermodels. And in westerm rpg we have rough and unshaved, super serious alpha male, which is serious buisness. Super cereal.

Why you want manly man races? Because you were born in western hemisphere and not eastern? You got Hrotghar which are animalistic race, you got Highlanders which are your "manly (), rough, beared alpha males.

Oh boy so much insecurities and ignorance in this post. Yummy. Daddy likes that. Keep it going sunshine.
    Oh the irony…..

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Are you saying it doesn’t? Honestly, I can agree with it. Not as pedo bait as the likes of Tera though

- - - Updated - - -

Oh the irony…..
    Yeah I didn’t even respond. That person needs help and arguing with them isn’t gonna do them any good

Also, the only reason people would be overly offended by my opinion about that (since I said it was subjective and didn’t attack anyone) is if they themselves fit into one of the categories I listed.

No other reason to be so hella defensive, angry, and insulting over someone saying “the art style is too weird for me and it attracts weird people”

Also, kinda funny they latched onto one sentence and not the paragraphs of legit complaints I listed

FF1-4, ff6, ff7... and more.

FF14 is about the only entry in the list with exclusively super feminine and dainty characters. The rest, always had some manly men or variety of characters. There's no variety, everyone looks like a china doll or like they crawled out of my little pony.
    Are you talking about player characters or NPC's?

Because Hyur Highlanders, Roegadyns and Male Au'ra certainly fill that bill. As for NPC's you got manly men like Thancred, Cid, Raubahn, Estinien, most of the Stormblood male NPC's.

Are you talking about player characters or NPC's?

Because Hyur Highlanders, Roegadyns and Male Au'ra certainly fill that bill. As for NPC's you got manly men like Thancred, Cid, Raubahn, Estinien, most of the Stormblood male NPC's.
    the human race (hyur) come the closest. the roegadyn are just humans with lighter skin, not exactly bulky builds. Ar Ru is what i play in ff14, and it may be the daintiest halfdragon race ive ever seen in a game. Even my horns look like they'd break off at the slightest fight.

None of them exactly fit the mold of a classic RPG race, a big barbarian race, an evil race, a monster race, etc....

it's all just different humans made in a china doll simulator.

Where is the ruggedness? The toughness? the dirt, the grime, etc?

There isn't enough variety and the devs obviously lack imagination when it comes to race creation as it's just "human but of different color" kind of like SWTOR.

Look, i'm not here crusading against ff14. it just isn't for me over its overly dainty, trying to be beautiful, china doll art style.

I want some imperfection, not a bunch of characters who just like they are trying to be supermodels in every scene.