Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    there is no such thing this is a private sale which the only way you can track this is with a national registry which you can shove where the sun dont shine
    Why? What is bad about a national registry?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Because the state has no interest in what or how many firearms a citizen owns

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Sure it does, law-abiding citizens nope, suspects, and worse oh hell yes.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I'm always amused by what people who made up this term for "private gun sale" must think happens at an actual gun show.

Where did you get this misinformation that selling firearms to a prohibited possessor or across state lines is an intent crime? It's a strict liability offense, just like (for example) statutory rape is. Just like, for that matter, illegal possession is.
    Oh, so, the videos I have seen where, teenagers that aren't even 18, can go into a gun show, or well any other place, and buy a gun from random people, including people that have admitted to selling hundreds of AR-15s in a year, without background checks, didn't happen?

- - - Updated - - -

there is no such thing this is a private sale which the only way you can track this is with a national registry which you can shove where the sun dont shine
    What would having a national registry do to you? Other than knowing where a gun was bought and who sold it to a guy illegally like I have seen before in videos to convicted felons or even CHILDREN?

- - - Updated - - -

It might have stopped the dumbass that murdered dozens in Las Vegas. Throwing up red flags about dangerous people.

15+ Year Old Account
    because its no ones business what guns i owns
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

It is if your weapon is used in a crime. I mean, it's as much the governments business just as knowing what cars we drive. There's no Second Amendment protection for privacy in firearm ownership.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is not an answer to the question of what is bad about a national registry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It is if your weapon is used in a crime. I mean, it's as much the governments business just as knowing what cars we drive. There's no Second Amendment protection for privacy in firearm ownership.
    its not though pa doesnt report firearm sales they remain with the shop it is purchased from the govt really doesn't need to know what i have

- - - Updated - - -

That is not an answer to the question of what is bad about a national registry.
    it was 100% an answer the govt doesn't need to know what i own im fine with my local shop knowing and having the paperwork outside of that no one else needs to know
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

the govt really doesn't need to know what i have
    That doesn't explain why this is bad, or what negative impact it would have on your ability to purchase and own guns. What would be different in your life if the government knew what guns you had that were legally purchased and owned by you?

15+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't explain why this is bad, or what negative impact it would have on your ability to purchase and own guns. What would be different in your life if the government knew what guns you had that were legally purchased and owned by you?
    once again how hard is it for you to comprehend the govt does not need to know what i own that's the literal end of it theres no good that comes from the govt knowing every singly gun every american owns
    Get your shit together

15+ Year Old Account
    it was 100% an answer the govt doesn't need to know what i own im fine with my local shop knowing and having the paperwork outside of that no one else needs to know
    It's not, it's just your opinion that it shouldn't but you don't give a reason why it shouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    once again how hard is it for you to comprehend the govt does not need to know what i own that's the literal end of it theres no good that comes from the govt knowing every singly gun every american owns
    Are you sure that matching guns to crimes committed with them, isn’t a good thing? That sounds like a pretty good thing to me...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's not about the kind of regulation it's just the amount of regulations you have an issue with?

odd
    The only purpose of government is to regulate. The disagreements always come when discussing the amount of said regulations. Nothing odd at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Oh, so, the videos I have seen where, teenagers that aren't even 18, can go into a gun show, or well any other place, and buy a gun from random people, including people that have admitted to selling hundreds of AR-15s in a year, without background checks, didn't happen?

- - - Updated - - -

What would having a national registry do to you? Other than knowing where a gun was bought and who sold it to a guy illegally like I have seen before in videos to convicted felons or even CHILDREN?

- - - Updated - - -

It might have stopped the dumbass that murdered dozens in Las Vegas. Throwing up red flags about dangerous people.
    Hmm... Sounds like what you should be pushing for is the strict enforcement of the laws that already exist before pushing for new ones.

The number of firearms a person owns is not a reliable indicator of impending violence in any manner.

- - - Updated - - -

The government doesn't know what car I drive unless they pull me over. They only know the cars I claim I own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Are you sure that matching guns to crimes committed with them, isn’t a good thing? That sounds like a pretty good thing to me...
    Then I assume you do not object to a mandatory DNA library of everyone so DNA can be matched to crimes committed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The number of firearms a person owns is not a reliable indicator of impending violence in any manner.
    The number is utterly meaningless, it's information that just happens to also be included in a gun registry. The purpose of a gun registry is to find people that sell guns to criminals or more easily track where crime guns originally come from. It's another tool for law enforcement and the judiciary to form a case. Furthermore, if every search requires a court order no law-abiding citizen would ever need to fear that information about them gets out. We do that with license plates and well everything that could be considered private information. You can't just get information about anyone here without a court order.

Do you think a gun registry somehow bars people from collecting guns? We have a bunch of gun collectors. Half of my family are active hunters.

Then I assume you do not object to a mandatory DNA library of everyone so DNA can be matched to crimes committed.
    Right, because bodily autonomy and a gun registry are totally comparable.

15+ Year Old Account
    The next time a strand of DNA pierces someone's heart, or their brain, or any other part of their body, do let me know. Imagine thinking that guns and your personal bodily autonomy are even comparable. But that's how far the gun nut logic goes. To them, it's almost like guns are a part of their very existence. They worship them on an equal level as their own bodily rights.

Looks like Greg Abbott might be signing a bill soon that would allow Texans to carry firearms without a license. Man, what's next, letting 10 year olds without licenses drive cars?

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05...s-legislature/
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Looks like Greg Abbott might be signing a bill soon that would allow Texans to carry firearms without a license. Man, what's next, letting 10 year olds without licenses drive cars?

It's also not super popular with some of the local departments (or firearms instructors) in Texas - https://www.star-telegram.com/news/p...251298328.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    The next time a strand of DNA pierces someone's heart, or their brain, or any other part of their body, do let me know. Imagine thinking that guns and your personal bodily autonomy are even comparable. But that's how far the gun nut logic goes. To them, it's almost like guns are a part of their very existence. They worship them on an equal level as their own bodily rights.

its literally been passed in like 18 other states
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    My point was that just because you regulate guns, and make owning them for self defence hard as fuck/nigh on impossible doesn't make it so you can't own them/use them for recreational purposes. Which the point I adressed seemed to be of the opinion of that a gun ban/regulation would do.
    The equivalent of CCWs are already extremely hard to obtain in Europe - as to ownership and home defense, I see no reason to oppose it, if regulated by reasonable laws.

Ok, cool, here's a tip for you, if that is your opinion of me, just ignore my posts in the future, deal? deal!
    Uhm, no. This is a public forum, if you don't want to be called out (with hard data) on the falsities you post, or if you wanna ask questions and then conveniently ignore them because you can't manage to address the replies - short for irrelevant one-liners that contribute nothing to the actual discussion - perhaps it is you who should consider whether to participate or not. Because I sure as hell won't stop participating, especially when utter lies are posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Uhm, no. This is a public forum, if you don't want to be called out (with hard data) on the falsities you post, or if you wanna ask questions and then conveniently ignore them because you can't manage to address the replies - short for irrelevant one-liners that contribute nothing to the actual discussion - perhaps it is you who should consider whether to participate or not. Because I sure as hell won't stop participating, especially when utter lies are posted.
    Ok, enjoy your personal vendetta, I am sure your posts will be fondly received by everyone who can't argue on their own.

Ok, enjoy your personal vendetta, I am sure your posts will be fondly received by everyone who can't argue on their own.
    So pointing out falsities backing them up by hard data and providing answers to questions you asked is a "personal vendetta" because the data disproves your claims and you're unable to address my points? That's about the biggest instance of intellectual dishonesty I've seen in a while, congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB