10+ Year Old Account

classic and TBC classic are 2 different clients now?

so when i want to play classic now i have to install it eventhough i had it on my computer already. how does it work???
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this was explained in advance already.

The current client is upgraded to TBC. Classic is a separate game so yes you have to reinstall it (for free, mind you). All chars have to chose which servers they will be on (or pay to clone them to be on both).
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Yes, this was explained in advance already.

The current client is upgraded to TBC. Classic is a separate game so yes you have to reinstall it (for free, mind you). All chars have to chose which servers they will be on (or pay to clone them to be on both).
    Free installation? That suggests that it could have cost money. Why is this forum pro money spending?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you know this but with most Blizzard games, once you buy a PC game you can reinstall it as much as you want for free. It's been like that for almsot 20 years though the Blizzard/Battle.net client made the process easier.

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    so when i want to play classic now i have to install it eventhough i had it on my computer already. how does it work???
    Obviously 1.13 and 2.5 are different patches and need a different client to run. It's not rocket science.

If you download Classic, it will probably reuse a lot of the assets of the newly updated TBC client and shouldn't take that long to install.

But I get the point that the TBC client should be the optional download and not the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Obviously 1.13 and 2.5 are different patches and need a different client to run. It's not rocket science.

If you download Classic, it will probably reuse a lot of the assets of the newly updated TBC client and shouldn't take that long to install.

But I get the point that the TBC client should be the optional download and not the other way around.
    Correct. Classic's redownload was about 350MB if I remember right so clearly, assets from TBC are shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgebringer View Post
    Free installation? That suggests that it could have cost money. Why is this forum pro money spending?
    Because some people feel being taken advantage of is a sign of being thankful/grateful. Anyone that does allow themselves to be used in such a fashion is greedy and overly negative. I know, it is really sad but I think it is all some people got anymore.