Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Could Sargeras be released to help us agains the future Void threat?

I mean didnt he create the legion in the first place to stop them.

We've already team up with former baddies Illidan in legion and Lich King in SL. I get the feeling the final end game expansion would have every entity in Azeroth teaming together to stop the Void. And lets face it Sargeras has had dealings with them in some form before trying to stop them.

I think that's pretty obvious.

he created the legion because he lost any hope of defeating them. he cleanses all life because he thinks its better for us to be dead than serve them.

he isn't the type of person we can convince. he has a fanatical conviction that justified killing and enslaving his kin. working with us would be extremely out of character.

We'd have to persuade him we could win. We defeated Old Gods so far, but Titans could already do that.

We need to kill a bigger fish first.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrium View Post
    I mean didnt he create the legion in the first place to stop them.

We've already team up with former baddies Illidan in legion and Lich King in SL. I get the feeling the final end game expansion would have every entity in Azeroth teaming together to stop the Void. And lets face it Sargeras has had dealings with them in some form before trying to stop them.
    Possible, but afther the void more new bigger threats will be created.

We will likely need him for information down the line.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras is pure evil. You can’t “use him” for anything. He claimed he was cleansing worlds to “save them” from the void but in the end he just wanted to remake them in his own image, just like the pantheon. He’s a total lunatic with the destructive capacities of a living god.

He can’t be used for anything unless using him means tossing him into the void itself and hoping they kill each other.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    He can’t be used for anything unless using him means tossing him into the void itself and hoping they kill each other.
    I could see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Void Lords manifest into our reality*

*Sargeras is released from his prison*

*Both see each other and make their ways towards each other*

Me: "Let them fight."

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

*Quietly arms a giant monke with a glowing axe in the background*
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

There's all sorts of things Blizz could do with him. Personally, I don't think they know what they want to do with him yet. Kinda like the DM who has a pet character they favor for pushing story points forward so they convieniently have something happen so they can keep the character in the back pocket for later.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, the winner will just get the rights for taking on Azeroth.. So... Hopefully they'll be weakened.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This would be so silly. It's been done 20 years before in TV shows and it already failed there so... please no.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

At the end of SL we return to azeroth and see old god tentacles everywhere! sky turns dark blue and a tear opens up ! a huge red hand appears and grabs the sword from silithus and our screens turn black! Next expansion screen appears "World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Banished one"

The enigmatic Ren'dorei are all the help required to defeat the Void Lords, this pathetic psycho Sargeras can rot in his prison cell with his giant friends.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

that's not a fight. void lords win without trying.

it's just like the legion and sargeras:
    we could fight every demon at once and there would be hope, but as soon as they portal in sargeras we're fucked.
    sargeras could fight every old got at once and there would be hope, but as soon as they portal in a void lord we're fucked.

it's the reason they exist, to 1 up sargears as the big bad.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-05-19 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    that's not a fight. void lords win without trying.

it's just like the legion and sargeras:
    we could fight every demon at once and there would be hope, but as soon as they portal in sargeras we're fucked.
    sargeras could fight every old got at once and there would be hope, but as soon as they portal in a void lord we're fucked.

it's the reason they exist, to 1 up sargears as the big bad.

Well, yeah, they now take the place of the primary atangonist(s) of the Warcraft universe but I don't think that takes anything away from Sargeras' power/threat level. I thought that the whole goal of the Void Lords were to corrupt a world-soul to create a Void Titan so they could win?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The enigmatic Ren'dorei are all the help required to defeat the Void Lords, this pathetic psycho Sargeras can rot in his prison cell with his giant friends.
    That's some nice (and slightly deluded) role play you got there.

Knowing Blizzard's propensity for recycling characters over and over and over again I would not be surprised. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    We'd have to persuade him we could win. We defeated Old Gods so far, but Titans could already do that.

We need to kill a bigger fish first.
    Howdy, stranger. He went from being THEE big bad demon opposed to the titans, to being a titan that fell to despair (thanks, dreadlords), to being figure head for the Fel. I'd say what bigger fish is there, buuuut if he was formerly a titan, doesn't that mean there's a bigger bad in the demon hierarchy? Sure, he's a titan that lead the burning legion, but he isn't some diabloesque prime evil/paragon of disorder. Something/someone has to be though, right?
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    he created the legion because he lost any hope of defeating them. he cleanses all life because he thinks its better for us to be dead than serve them.

he isn't the type of person we can convince. he has a fanatical conviction that justified killing and enslaving his kin. working with us would be extremely out of character.
    Illidan is in the process of having a multi hundred year (Something something time bullshit akin to Alleria and Turalyon) interrogation with Sargeras. How that plays out, I don't know. But one thing's for sure is Sargeras will come back into play once again, and Illidan and the titans will have something to do with it.