Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    I love when people judge writing while their is the utmost garbage
    This is a thread where the OP is asking for people's own fanfictiony ideas. If you don't like it, there's the door
    and see yourself out thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking for people in this sub forum to rewrite something is a recipe for disaster. People can shout "bad writing" all over the place but they have absolutely no idea how to properly write something themselves.

Not saying the writing in wow is good or bad here. Just that people in this forum has no clue when it comes to writing.

Might be the odd exception, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

I like this person.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I wonder where Malfurion is in all of this. He's nowhere to be seen as the nelf leader in SL OR BfA, nor anywhere else in the game.

I cannot imagine he would abandon Tyrande and leave her to be consumed by the night warrior.

Blizz still has a hate boner for nelves, nelf fans and Tyrande in particular.

And yes, she should have gotten the Sylvanas kill. After three years, nelf fans still have no pay off for Teldrassil.
    Oh, but they won back Darkshore, which is now a ruined smoldering mess! That's their revenge according to the devs. Just think, shit like that happens, and people try to claim with a straight face there's no Horde bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree his idea is bad, but ironic that it is still better than what blizz doing
    when ur roof is so low it is below the depths of hades hell, anything can be better
    honestly the worst writing here will be equal to what blizz did, unless someones goes to really disturbing categories

my writing: make Tyrande and Sylvannas fight in a scenario-like in Torghast, with Tyrande mortally wounding her but Jailer interfere and cheat to make Sylvannas win, don't really care Tyrande dies or not but she is out of action at least
    That way 1- night warrior powers prove to be real threat that only Jailer-power can stop it, 2- Tyrande actually does something, 3- Sylvanns get fucked yet still not die, i want to kill her myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    A headless chicken is more consistent than the lore in WoW.
    u are too generous to compare wow lore with headless chicken
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Asking for people in this sub forum to rewrite something is a recipe for disaster. People can shout "bad writing" all over the place but they have absolutely no idea how to properly write something themselves.

Not saying the writing in wow is good or bad here. Just that people in this forum has no clue when it comes to writing.

Might be the odd exception, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

I like this person.
    Serious question. Do you need to know how to build a PC and program it to know if it is wrong or not?

Or in another way. You read the lord of the rings and
    little Red Riding Hood and since you can't write, you think that both writings have the same quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Oh, but they won back Darkshore, which is now a ruined smoldering mess! That's their revenge according to the devs. Just think, shit like that happens, and people try to claim with a straight face there's no Horde bias.
    go fuck orgrimmar and our warchief for ur shoulder transmog to feel better
    btw most ppl starting to agree, there is no horde nor alliance bias, there is human bias, anyone who isn't human exist to show how better humans are

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how to fly an airplane, but i and any human with a brain can tell if a plan landed or crashed by just looking
    and night warrior story crashed and its debris all over the place
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Oh yeah, Org was left a smoking crater after that raid! Wait no, not a damn thing happened to it. Oh no, you lost Garrosh? No shit, his endgame was exterminating everything but his Orcs. That won't happen if only for business reasons. Even then, Garrosh was a dumpster fire of a character who was most memorably summed up by Metzen: "KILL KILL KILL KILL".

The Alliance has been on the receiving end of multiple genocide attempts, several towns and cities wiped off the map, and wins only by the other faction fucking up. Any victories it has are offscreen if they even bother to mention them, and loaded with ifs and buts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    btw most ppl starting to agree, there is no horde nor alliance bias, there is human bias, anyone who isn't human exist to show how better humans are
    This is the truth.
    We now have the Sylvanas bow so the Allys care little about this Horde pj's story.
    But Sylvanas is no longer Horde so the Hordes care little about this Traitor's bow.

Then we have Tyrande being pathetic for 4 times in a row. The Allys are not interested in seeing her leader being pathetic.
    the Horde are not interested in Tyrande in general.

And so we can go on and on with more events that only screw both sides.

Rewrite the night warrior since she got it? or from the moment that Sylvanis destroyed the helmet? in the meantime ill just think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking for people in this sub forum to rewrite something is a recipe for disaster. People can shout "bad writing"
    all over the place but they have absolutely no idea how to properly write something themselves.
    I'm sorry we're not all Hemingway compared to you huh? Please get over yourself.

Just that people in this forum has no clue when it comes to writing.
    Because you're the expert right? Again, please get over yourself.

I like this person.
    You can also go see the door thanks.

5+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that the Night Warrior exists without a clear goal, so it's hard to re-write. All it achieved was another convenient power-up for Tyrande.

Night Elf souls still would've been saved, Sylvanas would potentially meet justice, and the NE's would've re-taken Darkshore. None of the conditions for these things happening successfully even includes Tyrande's presence.

So the first thing to decide is: What is the impact of the Night Warrior on the story/world and why is it important to the overall narrative of SLs?
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Naa, I don't get paid for it.

Now... something should be done by the people actually being paid to write stuff like the Night Warrior stuff..

Assuming I can't just unwrite the Night Warrior from existence, I'd have her tear some shit up. Like really tear some shit up. That by the end of it the Alliance, even some night elves, would look at Tyrande with fearful suspicion. That way the story of the Night Warrior wouldn't be a pointless one-off and the Alliance would have some real strife within it. Whatever shit she tore up would also permanently be that way, making plot-line waves everywhere. Tyrande had righteous fury for what happened in War of Thorns, but that doesn't justify just anything. I'd have wanted her to cross the line with a great stride, just without coming out of it as a villain. The shittiest thing a storyline can end with is resetting a character to where they were before it started, walking out of it with only some gained semantic wisdom.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I'm sorry we're not all Hemingway compared to you huh? Please get over yourself.

Because you're the expert right? Again, please get over yourself.

You can also go see the door thanks.
    Not once in my post did I say anything about my own writing skills/knowledge.

Oh my the irony.
    Hi

The salt of night elves players already made Blizzard change the quest of NE forsaken's resurrection to include wisps.
    I wonder what could come out of their whining this time. Granted, it would be painful and cringe to look at, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    The salt of night elves players already made Blizzard change the quest of NE forsaken's resurrection to include wisps.
    I wonder what could come out of their whining this time. Granted, it would be painful and cringe to look at, of course.
    I wonder what would happen if all the players started claiming a decent story the same way Kaldorei Fans do.
    Maybe at the very least they'll stop killing Horde characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just let other races have some spotlight other than nightelves.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Like a lot of posters, I'm pretty salty about the whole Night Warrior arc. I think it was a waste! Inspired by a random commentor in another thread (who said they would like to see how these story tellers do a better job than Blizzard, I'd like to invite you to rewrite the arc.

Personally, I would have Tyrande come in at the end of the Sylvanas encounter to try for a kill steal and die in the attempt, at this stage I don't really care if she is successful or not. Bonus points if Anduin has a hand in her demise. I wouldn't mind a Ysera style intervention from Elune, as she closes her eyes for the last time.

The whole draining of power and Tyrande realising vengeance is not what the night elves need is tepid and not worthy of the franchise.
    Honestly i would have had Tyrande go rogue to the point of genuine monstrosity against the Horde, then have her proceed into the Shadowlands as a far more distant and ambiguous character that kinda does her own thing in trying to stop Sylvanas, and we let her as she's not bothering us / doing bad / we have higher priorities in Sylvanas.

Eventually she manages to catch Sylvanas at the end of the raid, and we have to fight both in a sense as her unstable power stops distinguishing friend from foe.

Then during the raid the main objective is to get them both to hit eachother, and to kill Sylvanas while keeping Tyrande from exploding and wiping us.
    Maybe in the mythic mode we'd need to ensure Tyrande's survival or something, "because balance demands it" or something.
    But then again Horde might want vengeance in turn.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    I wonder what would happen if all the players started claiming a decent story the same way Kaldorei Fans do.
    Maybe at the very least they'll stop killing Horde characters.
    Except people didn't claim a decent story. They claimed the story they wanted to be told. That's a major difference because you can't really trust the fanbase (of one particular race even more so) to give you a quality story.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Except people didn't claim a decent story. They claimed the story they wanted to be told. That's a major difference because you can't really trust the fanbase (of one particular race even more so) to give you a quality story.
    True true.
    But I prefer a bad story with fanservis than a bad story that is based on insulting the fans over and over again.