Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahahaha. The irony. Sorry you make fuck all money I guess but whose problem is that because it ain't mine? I mean I remember being young too and I would probably have been salty that other people had more money than me, but I didn't sit on forums and screech about "prestige" I went out and got better jobs.
    Yikes, dude.

I'm a Chemical Engineer, I probably make way more than you. The difference is I don't brag about it or consider poor people inferior, and I don't give money to greedy, shitty devs that make pay to win games.

You need to get a grip.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Blizzard doesn't sell gold, it doesn't "magick" gold into existence. The gold used to purchase the tokens comes from gold earned in-game, so it had to be farmed by some players at some point.
    It does magick into existence - indirectly. Blizzard literally has the tools to adjust how much gold there is created in the game. Your argument could work for Chinese gold sellers - they are selling gold which they have farmed themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Yikes, dude.

I'm a Chemical Engineer, I probably make way more than you. The difference is I don't brag about it or consider poor people inferior, and I don't give money to greedy, shitty devs that make pay to win games.

You need to get a grip.
    New World is not a P2W game you need to get over that, you cant even buy player power at all, certain boosts that may be available a few months after release is not P2W.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It does magick into existence - indirectly. Blizzard literally has the tools to adjust how much gold there is created in the game. Your argument could work for Chinese gold sellers - they are selling gold which they have farmed themselves.
    Sure, companies have control over how much currency drops from various things (and many go back and nerf currency rewards from outdated content for this reason), but that currency is still earned by players playing the game and not "magicked" into existence by the company dumping gold into the AH or directly to players without their doing anything to earn it.

That's what I'm getting at. These types of currency exchanges to create "new currency", you don't buy a sub token and sell it to Blizzard, who will add XYZ gold into the economy that never existed before. You sell it to other players, who have farmed/earned the gold in some capacity. It's a self-contained economic system, is what I'm getting at, there's no outside force injecting currency into it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    New World is not a P2W game you need to get over that, you cant even buy player power at all, certain boosts that may be available a few months after release is not P2W.
    Boosts? What kind of boosts? The things you buy to skip content/get through it faster than everyone else? Like, getting to your goal faster and easier? Like.. you pay, and then you win faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Boosts? What kind of boosts? The things you buy to skip content/get through it faster than everyone else? Like, getting to your goal faster and easier? Like.. you pay, and then you win faster?
    What do you win faster? Is hitting level cap "winning"? Are refer-a-friend programs that have long-existed in MMO's (especially P2P MMO's) P2W? Are games that sell high/max level character boosts P2W?

Boosts will only be available months after release as a sort of catch up, just so you can level up a little faster, the hardcore playerbase will already be in some of the best gear available at that point, so having new players level up a little faster if they want is not an issue.

What do you win faster? Is hitting level cap "winning"? Are refer-a-friend programs that have long-existed in MMO's (especially P2P MMO's) P2W? Are games that sell high/max level character boosts P2W?
    In a new game? Yeah, getting to level cap is a pretty major milestone. Especially in a multiplayer game, getting any goal is part of "winning". Like even if the boost comes in a few months after release, it absolutely destroys the organic fabric that facilitates the interactions between newer players. New players are the lifeblood of any existing MMO... It's even the messaging. Planning to sell solutions to "inconveniences".. IN AN UNRELEASED GAME. How about not making those inconveniences in the first place, then??

New World? You mean Dead World? lmao gottem

They managed to completely kill any hype or excitement for the game months before it even went out of alpha testing by ruining it with P2W.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    New World? You mean Dead World? lmao gottem

They managed to completely kill any hype or excitement for the game months before it even went out of alpha testing by ruining it with P2W.
    The game has a nice combat system where skill can matter a little more, the world is very detailed and there is plenty of combat options, the standard MMO format is pretty stale and should be a good experience.

Whats P2W about some catch up mechanics that wont be available for a few months. By that point all newer players are at a disadvantage so having options to make it a little easier can help gain more players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    In a new game? Yeah, getting to level cap is a pretty major milestone.
    They've repeatedly confirmed no boosts will be in at launch.

Especially in a multiplayer game, getting any goal is part of "winning".
    Nonsense. Making it to the first major city can be a goal but isn't "winning" anything.

Like even if the boost comes in a few months after release, it absolutely destroys the organic fabric that facilitates the interactions between newer players.
    How? Please elaborate.

New players are the lifeblood of any existing MMO... It's even the messaging. Planning to sell solutions to "inconveniences".. IN AN UNRELEASED GAME. How about not making those inconveniences in the first place, then??
    You plan for the future, my dude. You don't just plan for the present and figure out the future later. Leveling isn't an inconvenience, but usually folks want to speed up leveling of alts or their first characters if they start well after launch to catch up to everyone else, this provides a solution for those folks while still letting everyone else who doesn't want to spend on boosts to level normally.

Is hitting max level even much of an accomplishment in MMO's anymore? I'd argue not, especially since that's where the "real game" in most of these second generation MMO's actually begins.

It's not an inconvenience, it's a catch up mechanic. Just like MMO companies sell boosted characters in established games. Just like MMO companies have had referral boosts in established games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    by ruining it with P2W.
    Have you seen the cash shop? What's it look like?

What do you win faster? Is purchasing weapons with bigger stats on them in order to kill your enemies faster "winning"? Are refer-a-friend programs, something that usually ends with a purchase in order to receive rewards that give you an edge and help you skip content P2W? Are games that sell you a direct skip to the endgame, allowing you to skip over and get straight into the same kind of action everybody else had to work for P2W?

- - - Updated - - -

Boosts will only be available months after release as a sort of catch up, just so you can level up a little faster, the hardcore playerbase will already be in some of the best gear available at that point, so having new players level up a little faster if they want is not an issue.
    Why bother putting anything in the game then if there's just going to be yet another "catchup" thing? Same issue with WoW. Why bother doing anything in an expansion when you could just wait for catchup gear to release.

What do you win faster? Is purchasing weapons with bigger stats on them in order to kill your enemies faster "winning"?
    That's power, they've said they're not selling power.

Your post is not answering any questions. More questions are not answers to questions.

That's power, they've said they're not selling power.

Your post is not answering any questions. More questions are not answers to questions.
    What lets you complete your objectives faster in video games? It isn't just power. XP potions, etc. That lets you skip your objects or finish them faster than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    P2W has always been subject to personal feelings. There is no definition that exists outside of some bias or personal feeling as to what is and isn't pay-2-win.

It's just more fantasy on the part of customers who use the term imagining an object perfect outline of paying to win.

It's bullshit and no one ought to ever care about it at all.

Games are only about gameplay. Nothing else. Nothing.
    Black Desert Online

I disagree. I think any ingame boosts for $$ is pay to win.

Pay for Convenience is just a term invented by Greedy Devs to make the scummy practice seem less dire.

Pay for Convenience is just a term invented by Greedy Devs to make the scummy practice seem less dire.
    Or, a way for them to sell games without mandatory subs while giving a good baseline experience for free players and the option for an "improved" experience if you want to play. Not arguing all cash shops are good, plenty are pretty garbage, but there's nothing I've seen that would indicate anything in New World would negatively impact the experience as someone who just bought the game but doesn't spend in the cash shop.

Or, a way for them to sell games without mandatory subs while giving a good baseline experience for free players and the option for an "improved" experience if you want to play. Not arguing all cash shops are good, plenty are pretty garbage, but there's nothing I've seen that would indicate anything in New World would negatively impact the experience as someone who just bought the game but doesn't spend in the cash shop.
    ESO does just that. It has an optional sub. And the game is designed to make you want to buy the sub. The Crafting is absolute hell. A thousand materials that clutter your bags and bank. But wait.... the Sub has a Crafting Bag, that makes that go away.

How convenient.

Yeah no, fuck designs like that. It's pure greed. They make the game shitty for free users to make them spend more.

A buy to play game that is intentionally made annoying so you spend even more in the cash shop is garbage.
    Last edited by starstationprofm; 2021-05-20 at 01:08 AM.

ESO does just that. It has an optional sub. And the game is designed to make you want to buy the sub. The Crafting is absolute hell. A thousand materials that clutter your bags and bank. But wait.... the Sub has a Crafting Bag, that makes that go away.

How convenient.

Yeah no, fuck designs like that. It's pure greed. They make the game shitty for free users to make them spend more.
    FYI on the crafting research, that was in from launch.

The crafting bag? That didn't exist with the initial P2P launch and your bags got cluttered. They solved the problem by adding the crafting mat bag to the sub to encourage players to sub, and since they periodically have free-sub weeks and you don't lost stuff in the bag when your sub lapses it was a nice "bonus" to give players without taking anything away from the game when it transitioned business models.

You don't need to pick up every craftable material you see, especially if you don't plan on engaging with all the crafting professions or even really crafting.

Pure greed would have been taking something away a la SWTOR taking away hotbars (yes, literal hotbars) from F2P players and locking them behind preferred status (spending any money on the game) and the full set of action bars behind the sub. ESO adding a benefit that didn't exist before the business model change to encourage players to sub is like, how transitions should be done. The experience as a non-sub player is still great, you just can't be a lootmonkey that mindlessly loots every barrel and box and bag and plant and ore you see without needing to periodically go back and empty your inventory (which is like...a normal thing in MMO's).

Still not seeing how this applies to New World, since we're currently clutching pearls over a cash shop none of us have even seen.

Still not seeing how this applies to New World, since we're currently clutching pearls over a cash shop none of us have even seen.
    As we should. Cash Shop is a bad idea from the start. They should just have a sub if they want money so much. Microtransactions are cancer for gaming. Even cosmetic ones. Dev time goes to creating some $$$ only assets that could be earned ingame.