Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    fucking idiot moron .
    You are the kind of player who shouldn't pug at all. Such a short fuse, you seem to run into bad players every run you make. Find yourself a nice steady group, no more heart attacks.

nope... i just run a lot of keys... i do 10x on every char every week... i'm closing in on 1000 keys across my characters this season... some people clearly shouldn't be at the key levels they are at... people need to start leaving keys with them more often instead of carrying them through...
    +1 /10char

just spew that out as if it's that simple...
    Damn talk about some shit luck.

My advice would be to find a no girls allowed guild and pretend to be mute. Worked for a old guildie for years none of us knew until the year one of our extremely well off members bought us blizz con tickets.

She was one of the boys by that point.

nope... i just run a lot of keys... i do 10x on every char every week... i'm closing in on 1000 keys across my characters this season... some people clearly shouldn't be at the key levels they are at... people need to start leaving keys with them more often instead of carrying them through...
    so you are saying the solution is for more ppl to leave more keys, maybe people should actually learn to read then so that when i put up a key that states in title "for weekly" 4 ppls including my own time isn't wasted because some1 wants the key in time and and leaves when its not gona be and cant be assed to read a title
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2021-05-17 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Nope, it ain't a lie. It's your thing to just not believe it, but doesn't change the fact that is wasn't a lie at all.
    Just put your 14 key in, go to toilet, come back with plenty of 195-205 people in queue.
    The way this game work it is a lie you are not doing more damage than people who are 15 ilvls higher than you, you just aren't. That's literally a full tier of gear difference and it's the first tier which has insane scaling. There are plenty of bad players no doubt but gear is the most important thing in this game in terms of performance especially when you are claiming they are 1300 which means they have at least done ksm.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Beware this is a ranting topic:

I used to be a semi hardcore WoW player but now I am a casual with just item lvl 203 main character.

I make sure to do M+10 every week once for at least the weekly.

My current guild is semi hardcore mythic raiding that I used to raid with them for years but now I just do with them some alt runs heroic raiding and normal mode can't raid mythic with them anymore.

Yesterday I decided to do my weekly M+10 key with 3 of my friends and one PUG warlock with item lvl 209 and raider io 900+

We did plaguefall dungeon we reached the first boss then the warlock decided no to dodge the basic simple breath cone of the boss and died. First time he apologized then we wiped, I didn't say anything then it happens three times the same issue. Then he said "fk this" then left.... I mean the key was already ruined since we wiped three times because of him....so why the dick move and leaving like that is just beyond me....

I never ever like to go with pugs really but sometimes I have no choice because my current guild is busy doing 15+ mythic keys and mythic raiding sometimes they do alt run joining my 10 keys but yeah it is not always. Sometimes I have to pug one player or two then this shit happens...

There has to be a solution for players like that who are purposely ruining other players keys...
    There's a solution - you delete m+ from the game and make it possible to invite another person.

- - - Updated - - -

people are bad at the game... this should be no surprise... 1300 rio means nothing... nor does ilvl...

216 rogue... 220 warrior... both had ksm... my hunter is 205 ilvl btw... we didn't finish the run because the tank left due to the rogues low dps...
    Yeah it doesn't mean anything because most players buy their KSM from some garbage booster service. It's sadly the state of the game where people have to pretend to be good to enjoy playing it.

Obviously most people have this in mind. You lie to get ahead, you pretend to get ahead, you pay to get ahead, you boost like an ice cold lizard to get ahead, all for the damn tokens that blizzard sell. Everyone Please Blame Blizzard For Being Greedy.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2021-05-17 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    The way this game work it is a lie you are not doing more damage than people who are 15 ilvls higher than you, you just aren't. That's literally a full tier of gear difference and it's the first tier which has insane scaling. There are plenty of bad players no doubt but gear is the most important thing in this game in terms of performance especially when you are claiming they are 1300 which means they have at least done ksm.
    I am doing more dmg than people who do not have a clue about how to play. Why shouldn't I do less dmg than someone who simply uses his abilities wrong (or dies to stuff no one at this level can possibly die - lol sanguine)
    I DID more dmg than 10-15 ilvl higher windwalker, bm, affli, fury in ST, hacov ;; I'm BM, so not meta in any ways.
    It's not my problem people do less dmg than their gear would possible allow. I agree that I should never be able to do more dps, but it's normal that people are simply bad at their 3-5 button specs with simple priorities.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2021-05-17 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Don't know about the person you're replying to, but the fact is a lot of players at KSM level have no clue how to push damage to the full extent of the spec they're playing. That's quite alright as it's not expected at that level, but a player who actually knows the game will outperform average players even with 15+ ilvl difference.

I should add the group I'm talking about are the ones parsing above 90% average in mythic castle or doing 23+ keys. These are by no means definitive measures to define a good player, but everyone at that level knows the mechanics of the game and has the mindset to push the numbers.

That's not to say gear isn't important, but the average player has much more to gain by practicing their gameplay than getting more gear.

people are bad at the game... this should be no surprise... 1300 rio means nothing... nor does ilvl...

216 rogue... 220 warrior... both had ksm... my hunter is 205 ilvl btw... we didn't finish the run because the tank left due to the rogues low dps...

it's only when people go beyond ksm that you can start expecting better performance... a lot of people just straight up get carried to ksm or they buy boosts... like this rogue had done after i checked him... he had all on +15 on +2 or +3 with people way above his score... before those he had a bunch of untimed +6s and +7s... afterwards he has a bunch of untimed +10-14s... he's ruining keys because he gets invites and then does that damage lol... his only timed keys above 6 are the ones where he got boosted...
    It is kinda weird to be playing sub in a mythic plus as well... I can see maybe for tyrannical but isn't aoe damage from outlaw king? I admit beyond a 15 and next patch a 20 I have little interest in mythic plus but even my passing knowledge can spot something off with that.

Personally I think it should be against international law to leave an m+ key. Lifetime in prison, or public beheading might help towards lowering this heinous crime against humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    There's a solution - you delete m+ from the game and make it possible to invite another person.
    If the choice is between having M+ and not having M+, I'd rather have M+. At the very least, it gives dungeons meaning unlike previous expansions w

Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    all for the damn tokens that blizzard sell. Everyone Please Blame Blizzard For Being Greedy.
    Uh... Was gold selling not a thing back when there wasn't a WoW Token? Did RMT boost not happen prior to WoW Token? Seem a bit weird to blame Blizzard when these services existed BEFORE the introduction of the wow token.

Maybe the wow token accelerated the growth of these services, but at the same time, it's not like there isn't a solution.

In reference to the rogue that was "boosted". Just stop inviting players with less than 20 +15 done in time (or if they have a low number of +15 done in time, then look at how many 10-14's they have done in time.

For instance, if I see a player with sub 10 +15 done in time but has like over 50+ 10-14s done in time, then there's a high probability that the player is decent and just needs a chance to do more +15 keys.

Meanwhile if I see a player with KSM and only 9 +15 done in time but zero 10-14s, that's a red flag that this player was probably boosted: either paid or by their guildmates/friends. Probably likely to perform subpar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    Personally I think it should be against international law to leave an m+ key. Lifetime in prison, or public beheading might help towards lowering this heinous crime against humanity.
    Really? Because what if the tank doesn't have a clue? Or the healer doesn't know how to use their healing tool kit (just spams flash heal all the time)? Do you really want to spend over 2 hours in a M+ because you got into a group that is carrying a ilv 160 friend through a M+15?

What if something IRL happens that demands your immediate attention? Should you say nah, let me finish this M+ first before dealing with the IRL situation?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    No offense, but if you think 10 lines of code is all that would take, just stop being an armchair gane developer because you, frankly, haven't a clue.
    I work for a games company, my dude. It can be done with 10 lines, give or take. In fact, the karma system in Garys Mod is not that many lines of code either. Go have a look and see for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raava View Post
    I work for a games company, my dude. It can be done with 10 lines, give or take. In fact, the karma system in Garys Mod is not that many lines of code either. Go have a look and see for yourself.

But here's the more important question: Can it be done with 10 lines of code within WoW's coding structure. Remember the core of the game was built over 15 years ago, who is to say that your mere "10 lines of code, give or take" doesn't crash the entire game.

There's probably old coding in WoW that even the current devs aren't sure about anymore but they leave it in because it works and trying to understand/replace it would take too much time.
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    But here's the more important question: Can it be done with 10 lines of code within WoW's coding structure. Remember the core of the game was built over 15 years ago, who is to say that your mere "10 lines of code, give or take" doesn't crash the entire game.

There's probably old coding in WoW that even the current devs aren't sure about anymore but they leave it in because it works and trying to understand/replace it would take too much time.
    True! I imagine it probably isn't too difficult with their back-end even if it is dated. The speed with which they've developed the new M+ RaiderIO alternative is pretty impressive considering it wouldn't be given priority as part of the 9.1 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Man, the number of dps I've seen standing in sanguine this week......

"Why am I dying?!?!?! Where are my heals!!!!"

*Links damage taken/death log*

"This healer sucks"

Several times I've seen this this week. And whats really amazing, is often, its a ranged class bitching.

Edit:
    And the above is with people all at or above 1200io.
    thats because they got there on "Easy weeks"

thats why toxic io is such usless addon that really gives you no real informations and brings nothing but toxicicty to game

so what if people pushed to like 1800 on weeks with like quaking/volcanic - when they cannot do even +15 with hard affixes.

- - - Updated - - -

it's only when people go beyond ksm that you can start expecting better performance... a lot of people just straight up get carried to ksm or they buy boosts... like this rogue had done after i checked him... he had all on +15 on +2 or +3 with people way above his score... before those he had a bunch of untimed +6s and +7s... afterwards he has a bunch of untimed +10-14s... he's ruining keys because he gets invites and then does that damage lol... his only timed keys above 6 are the ones where he got boosted...
    its not about buying boosts

its about joigning enough groups that eventually you will get that perfect combo which by accident will first drag your ass through +10 , then +12 then +14 and the eventually through +15.

as long as someone does like 4 dungeons a week he will eventually get there. ofc people who do 20 dungeons a week will get there much much faster.

thats why raider io is garbage addon that doest tell you much so late in tier unless you luck out to have person who has like 100+ dungeon done in time to join your group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

its about joigning enough groups that eventually you will get that perfect combo which by accident will first drag your ass through +10 , then +12 then +14 and the eventually through +15.

as long as someone does like 4 dungeons a week he will eventually get there. ofc people who do 20 dungeons a week will get there much much faster.

thats why raider io is garbage addon that doest tell you much so late in tier unless you luck out to have person who has like 100+ dungeon done in time to join your group.
    r.io does as much as it can with the information available to it. If you want to be safe, find people with decent io, then also check their logs. For 15s, anyone with blue logs or so in raid will probably be good enough

thats why toxic io is such usless addon that really gives you no real informations and brings nothing but toxicicty to game

so what if people pushed to like 1800 on weeks with like quaking/volcanic - when they cannot do even +15 with hard affixes.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing stopping you from spending 30 secs to check their rio page. You'll see all the runs completed way after the timer. And you'll see the affixes of each run.

Or blizzard can keep track of all m+ leavers who left for more than 3 dungeons per weeks only gets to join groups with other m+ leavers. like in the group finder they can only see people post their keys who who leave m+ 3 times or more and they can only join groups like that as well. Unless is within their build.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends if you know your class. I play my DH all in Legion stop playing BfA and came back for SL. got my DH boosted simply because I was late in the m+ scene. I levle a bunch of alts to 60 to decide who I want to main (pick a DH and druid). By then everyone was ahead. So bought a few boost and my DH now does 8 to 10k on trash and around 4 to 5k dps on boss. I know what to get out of avoidable damage and mechanics. So it depends on the player. If you know your class you will do well. If you don't then it doesn't matter what gear you have. Take my mage. I can't even get it beyond 2k dps lol since I just can't play one.

7+ Year Old Account

What the fuck are you talking about? Raider.io does provide that information, not in the addon but most definitely on the website. If the person creating a group doesn't know how to effectively use raider.io, that's NOT an issue with Raider.io thats an issue with the group leader. The result: bad players causing toxicity, not the tool. Fix the players.

Keep on with the hyperbolic bullshit though. Those of us that know how to use the tool know better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    Or blizzard can keep track of all m+ leavers who left for more than 3 dungeons per weeks only gets to join groups with other m+ leavers.
    Define "leaver"... If a player DCs from the server, is that a "leaver"? If multiple people want to leave the dungeon is it everyone that gets a "leaver" count or just the first?

If it is only the first person that "leaves" that gets a "leaver count", what prevents players from either non-participation (at best) or purposely sabotage (at worse) to force someone else to leave first?
    ---