Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Games being made hard, makes games worse IMO.

Mass Effect and Dragon Age are not fun. Jade Empire was much more enjoyable than those dumpster fires.

Fallout and Elder Scrolls are similarly uninspired crap. They look and play almost identically, and have nothing original or interesting about them.

Rockstar make glorified movies, not games. They're all terrible IMO.

Most people's wow opinions aren't even their own thoughts because people are incapable of articulating their own thoughts without a slew of profanity, buzz words and phrases that they barely understand the context of, or using some other "popular personality" to prop up their garbage ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

My unpopular opinion:

The Witcher games are boring as fuck.

My unpopular opinion 2:

If you repeat the same pve content in wow just for loot (dungeons, raiding) you are addicted and need to consider professional help.
    I'm amazed and impressed that this didn't trigger anyone, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    I want to add on these games, maybe the best basketball game ever created, Kobe Bryant's Court Side, an excellent Star Wars game that you played a guy like Han Solo i forget its name, Wave Race, Mario Cart, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Stadium plus you could play all Gameboy Pokemon games on TV and i am sure i am forgetting more.

N64 might have not been a giant like Playstation but it had gems that are worth playing even now and have a spot in any gamers Library.
    That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He basically ignored all of the N64's best games and said Mario 64 was the only good one. I was a lucky kid and had all consoles and let me tell you, the N64 had more GOOD games than the Saturn, Playstation and Dreamcast combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    There's no difference between 30 and 60 fps.
    So the thread's goal shifted from "give a shocking opinion" to "blatantly tell lies"? I guess I missed the memo.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-05-20 at 09:31 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

There's no difference between 30 and 60 fps.
    This is just objectively untrue. If you think it's "an opinion" that just means you have poor eyesight or have never actually used 60fps.

Soulsbourne games are bullshit.
    Soulsborne games are easy. Too many people just don't have the patience to become good enough for the game to be easy.
    It went from being the hardest game I've played to my go-to relaxing game for when I don't want to try hard.

- - - Updated - - -

If you repeat the same pve content in wow just for loot (dungeons, raiding) you are addicted and need to consider professional help
    This isn't an opinion though. It's a wrong statement based on a lack of information.
    Repeating something for a reward is not what an addiction is. It's only an addiction when stopping becomes difficult without outside intervention and the activity is detrimental to that persons life/health.

Just because people can say different things about the same topic that does not mean it's an opinion. Most of the time it just means one of the people is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Thanks for telling me what my opinion should be.
    I TOTALLY do not agree with almost everything from your response.
    He's not telling you what your opinion is. He's telling you why your views are wrong.
    You don't just "get to have an opinion" and then ignore what someone else says. This "opinion" thing goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    It's only an addiction when stopping becomes difficult without outside intervention and the activity is detrimental to that persons life/health.
    This is incorrect.

Fact of the matter is that there are a lot of addictions with varied symptoms. In game addiction, repeating an action past the point of enjoyment just to receive that feeling of gratification that comes with loot, prizes, presents, etc. is an actual marker for addiction. More than 20% of all gamers show signs of addiction and this percentage is doubled among players of MMORPGs. WoW is designed to be addictive, you could compare it to a very advanced slot-machine, in fact.

Denial, is also a symptom of addiction, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not telling you what your opinion is. He's telling you why your views are wrong.
    No. When someone tells you your views are wrong, he's essentially telling you your opinion is wrong.

You don't just "get to have an opinion" and then ignore what someone else says. This "opinion" thing goes both ways.
    Also wrong. You get to have an opinion and you get to ignore everyone else's opinion; it's your right.

Is it smart to do? Of course not.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Again.
    I do not agree with these words and you can have games like this.
    You may not agree but it's true.

Dark souls is not hard, but more so awkward. Get past the awkwardness of the weird controls and it’s a standard game.

I think that’s the only one I have that people seem to disagree with me on.

Edit: I prefer CoD WZ with controller more than k/m. But that’s only because I tend to get less cheaters then, does the match making put you in with only controller players including console then?

Thread title: 'Say a gaming opinion that will stun people'
    Looks like i 'won'.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You may not agree but it's true.
    Again - i do not agree that it is always true.
    If you think otherwise than me... ignore it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Some people claim developers "used to care about gamers" or something along those lines- and that's just nonsense. They were always businesses that cared about money first, save for the vanishingly rare small indie devs that do make stuff purely out of passion. These companies just changed strategies to make money as their audience changed.
    You probably only say that because you are too young. In the 80s and 90s there have been many passionate developers. They did it not for "the gamers" but they were gamers themselves and did their dreamgames. Richard Garriot, Peter Molyneux, Chris Roberts and so on. Not all those games were successful or good but they certainly weren't all spreadsheet products like most AAA today are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    When people say "don't put politics in my games", I'm certain they actually mean "don't put politics I disagree with/don't care about in my games". Tons of games have political messages that don't get picked up and raged about because these messages are broadly consensual.
    No, i don't want the politics i support in games either. It's always forced and super cringe when they do it. Especially the more specific and real-world analogue they get.

"Streamers" have ruined gaming. I would accept loot boxes with 99% chance to be empty, PTW loot, and letting all paedophiles out of jail before i accept that streamers should exist.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 4 is more fun than New Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Consoles
    • The N64 was a bad console. The only good games on it were Mario 64, Star Fox 64, and Pokemon Stadium 2. It had no RPGs.
    • The PS Vita was the best handheld console. Huge library of amazing, high quality JRPGs. You could remotely stream your PS4 at home to your PS Vita. It was the last handheld that actually fit in your pocket.
    • No, the PS1 and the SNES were not some golden age of JRPGs that has been lost. We're still in a golden age of JRPGs. Just because modern JRPGs aren't to your tastes doesn't mean that JRPGs aren't still good. The modern Japanese games industry is leagues above the modern Western games industry.

Trails series
    [list]Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 are the best Trails games.[/list]
    • all of the problems people criticize the CS games for existed since SC
    • Crossbell is a filler arc with no satisfying payoff
    • The villains of FC and Ao did nothing wrong
    • Crossbell is the rightful province of the Erebonian Empire.

Final Fantasy
    • FFVII is a good game, but it appears to be overrated because it was the most popular game, therefore you get more opinions shilling for it.
    • FFX likewise is a fine game, but appears to be overrated because more people played it than the others, so you get more opinions shilling for it.
    • FFXIII is a good game. Yes, the lack of towns to visit and NPCs to talk to was a bummer, but it was still nonetheless an overall good game. Great aesthetics and soundtrack too.
    • FFIX is NOT underrated. If anything it's overrated.
    • FFV is the actual underrated FF game. Go play it!
    • FFXIV ARR isn't anywhere near as bad as people like to make it out to be. It's just okay, and it gets better and better with each patch. Honestly by patch 2.3 I was starting to get really invested into the game and thought it was pretty good, though I still hated the fillers.
    • FFXIV Heavensward is overrated. It's only hyped up to high heaven because of the stark contrast between it and the rest of ARR, much like how people were amazed going from 2D FFVI to 3D FFVII. A lot of people overlook Heavensward's flaws. Stormblood was not a step down. The quality remained the same, but people were used to that level of quality when they were expecting another FFVI to FFVII jump in quality, so they ended up in a FFVIII situation where there isn't a particularly noticeable jump in quality from FFVII to FFVIII, and so they notice all of the flaws of the new game that they ignored in the old game, so they declare it to be bad.
    • Emet-Selch is a good, albeit overrated antagonist.
    • Zenos is a great villain and he is not boring. The problem is that he is misued. Zenos is at his most interesting - and his most threatening - when he is being intellectual. Cunning. He doesn't come off as scary when he's used as a brute. It also doesn't help that he spent the entirety of the Shadowbringers patches lounging around in a chair.

Other
    • Mists of Pandaria was the best WoW expansion. WoD was also pretty good but was the beginning of the end.
    • Legion was when WoW went legit bad.
    • Octopath Traveler is a mediocre game dressed up in a coat of paint of FFVI aesthetics, a game that was marketed towards old SNES JRPG fanboys, and they bit the bait.
    • Tales of Zestiria is a fine game.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^THIS^^^
    Gotta love some satire

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You can never seperate the two. Politics of the real world(not specifically government) guides almost all decisions. Almost all media is created to say something. So it will never go away.
    What an ignorant thing to say; you most definitely can. Or do you see some magical political message in games like Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Kart and Luigi's Mansion?

What an ignorant thing to say; you most definitely can. Or do you see some magical political message in games like Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Kart and Luigi's Mansion?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...017.aspx%3famp

Now show us how Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, Smash Brothers, Dark Souls, Breath of the Wild, Castlevania, Metroid, etc. carry a political message.

Like always, you're full of it and aren't man enough to admit you're wrong.

The article you posted about Odyssey has a few interesting takes, but is mostly pretentious, far-fetched non-sense, written by a self-indulgent conspiracy theorist that failed at being an actual journalist. I mean, have you even read it? It's ludicrous.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-05-20 at 10:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is not so much "stunning" in any way. Just like, bad and/or niche tastes in games or your regular "unpopular opinion" reddit thread where it was obvious from the start that the opinion was not unpopular at all. Just like, mildly controversial at best.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Graphics are the least important thing to the quality of a game. Solid gameplay, story, etc ... all are much higher. You can have a pretty looking pile of crap, but it will still be a pile of crap. You can have crappy looking great games. Yes, graphics matter at some level, but graphics do not make a game.

Also, realistic graphics =/= good graphics. They can be good, but just because a game uses realistic graphics doesn't mean the graphics are good.

Also, the most games that have been hated on recently are hated on more because they are so close to good and failed on some level than are actually bad games.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

PoE is a garbage game, I hated the combat, the talent/skill/build system is a giant stemming pile of shit, and I interacted with less people than I do playing a single player game.

Esports has done more damage than good for me in gaming, hots could have been a good fun game if they didn't aim to make it an esports, now its only okay.

D3 at launch was fairly rough, but the changes they made and RoS made it a great game.

The auto chess genre/games weren't fun, and I have no clue how they blew up so fast (but I guess that is why they have largely died just as fast).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    You probably only say that because you are too young. In the 80s and 90s there have been many passionate developers. They did it not for "the gamers" but they were gamers themselves and did their dreamgames. Richard Garriot, Peter Molyneux, Chris Roberts and so on. Not all those games were successful or good but they certainly weren't all spreadsheet products like most AAA today are.

No, i don't want the politics i support in games either. It's always forced and super cringe when they do it. Especially the more specific and real-world analogue they get.
    Molyneux only had dreams going for him because his games sure weren't ever good or well thought out, and Roberts has been too busy milking whales with thousand-dollars JPEGs to actually make games for a decade now. I'll give you Gariott but that's one guy. I could name right now people like Id's Hugo Martin who is obviously passionate about what he does, or indie devs like Lucas Pope, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some or don't know them. It's all confirmation bias.

Same thing for the politics. Won't elaborate as things derail way too quickly on that subject.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    Yeah I know what an aimbot is and does. I play alot of Warzone and I have encountered a few. Also don't forget the wallhacks which is easier to hide.
    Which is why console just need to support mouse and keyboard and become the go to platform for competitive gaming. I rather deal with Cronos/Strikepacks than aimbot. Actually.. if I am just going to use M&K on console.. why would I even bother going through Chronos/Strikepack which is more for giving controller players a bit more advantage.

3+ Year Old Account
    Some more spicy takes:

Voice chat-only gaming streams/videos are more enjoyable to watch than ones with facecams.

The general gaming community is less toxic (for lack of better term) than the game development community.

Selling boosts in WoW, even for gold, should be a bannable offense, but it never will be, because it would nuke the WoW token economy, and by extension, Blizzard's cash flow.

CEOs of big game companies are a proper example of "morally gray".