Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What huge honor nerf?

Okay reading the thread, what a bunch of utter drama queens lol

Get the hell over yourselves, sez I.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2021-05-20 at 12:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

If the 2h weapon costs 40k honor and a win in AV gives 200, do the math.

Its total bullshit, if they make the pre-patch be 2 weeks in order to compete with Ashes, atleast treat the player base with respect. BG queues were a minute long and it was a great time. Now no one is doing pvp and we are just doing questing and dungeons again.

Quote Originally Posted by Twyzz View Post
    Not rage mad about it, but not really happy. I just want to refund my items now

I'm more unhappy with marks being lost in mail and that it was "intentional" according to blizzard themselves. They must have known that it was something ppl did and not saying anything except afterwards is just retarded... but hey, Blizzard has always been known for some of the worst communication so no real suprise.

I will not be surprised if they wipe honor and marks at launch, and we'll most likely not se a blue post confirming anything but instead see this at launch... so hf wasting your time until then
    You can use item restoration on them

200 AV wins to afford a weapon now. Not 200 games, 200 wins.

For one weapon, forget affording anything else in time for launch

Meanwhile you have unemployed NEETS like aeneasbk over here struggling with math

Beyond stupid! So everyone that exploited capped their honour while everyone else with a job gets kicked in the crotch?? Blizzard needs to fix it asap to level out the playing field 150 honour vs 3500 honour prenerf is ridiculous! Lvl 60 pvp is dead for anyone else than those capped.

Quote Originally Posted by wide View Post
    They did that.
    Honor was converted to gold at TBC launch.
    I can't quote to the original post from Blizzard, since their website has changed, but you can see the discussion when Wrath was launching here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/610007-Honor-Reset

They didn't reset honour between Vanilla and TBC, so the expectation was that honour wouldn't be reset between TBC and Wrath.

Not going to be playing, but anecdotally... I got multiple GM weapons (maces/daggers) and the full set during pre-patch on my rogue. I need to dig out my old hard drive for screenshots of actual classic honor gains. It gets invalidated by BC gear but that isn't the point. People saying QQ, should have got GM in 2 years is irrelevant to pre patch. gm is unattainable, items are purchasable. full stop. 2 weeks is a joke xD

From what I've seen posted around the bonus Honor was too high based on Patch 2.4.3 but it was correct based on the first week of the original pre-patch, HK's are also giving less honor than they should according to some sources in the forum threads around the topic. Either way with the current rate of honor it's not realistically possible to buy any of the R14 gear before TBC, it'd require hundreds of BG wins and you have less than 2 weeks.

A tonne of people already farmed enough honor yesterday to buy their weapons (and I was one of them), with some farming enough honor for an entire set (not me). So do Blizzard remove those rewards from the players who were effectively "exploiting" or do they say "fuck you" to those who didn't benefit? If they just allowed the high honor rate to continue (like the first week of the original prepatch) they will make the entire playerbase happy and make PvP participation great for the next 2 weeks after which point none of this will matter at all anyway.

It seems like a no-brainer to me that they go back to the "10x too high" honor rates for the remainder of the prepatch.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    What huge honor nerf?

Okay reading the thread, what a bunch of utter drama queens lol

Get the hell over yourselves, sez I.
    Now, look at you. How sweet.

I’m having more fun reading the official forums. So many people kicking and screaming about how this has ruined TBC for them and they’re not going to play. Yes. A prepatch honor issue has ruined an entire expansion that hasn’t even released yet. Makes total sense.

Speaking of making total sense, the number of times I’ve seen people threaten to call their banks and try to chargeback the boost is also hilarious. People are fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    I’m having more fun reading the official forums. So many people kicking and screaming about how this has ruined TBC for them and they’re not going to play. Yes. A prepatch honor issue has ruined an entire expansion that hasn’t even released yet. Makes total sense.

Speaking of making total sense, the number of times I’ve seen people threaten to call their banks and try to chargeback the boost is also hilarious. People are fucking stupid.
    Sad but true.
    People: It doesn't matter, that pvp gear gets replaced very fast in Outland.
    Also people: I'm not going to play tbc anymore because I can't get said pvp gear very fast.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my eyes the cross realm grouping, dungeons and raids is an issue that is soooooooo much more important than gear that it obsolete after 2 weeks in outlands honestly. Yet no one talks about it.
    Last edited by Grimbolt; 2021-05-20 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Seems pretty silly to me. We had a few days of fund and ALSO to level our chars. Feels pretty dirty to me. Most people are complaining in game right now.

It's not like this is gonna break the game or anything... Specially when people who didn't have to work had the chance to farm stuff and the rest got left behind...

Another case for the fun police, i guess.
    This isn't a nerf it's a fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone on Reddit mentioned. I reckon they will buff it by 5 so the "nerf" won't feel as bad. Basically what our Governments do when passing certain laws lol...
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    This isn't a nerf it's a fix.
    Its not a fix. It wasnt this bad back in the day. Its a complete over nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post

Well that's honestly dumb. I kinda dislike what happened, but that's not stopping me from playing or enjoying what i was expecting to enjoy, honestly. I wanted to play TBC and i still want!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Its not a fix. It wasnt this bad back in the day. Its a complete over nerf
    No. It's not lmao.

Something is missing. Either the prices are whack or the guy who turned excess marks into honor

If you think 150-200 wins for a single item is accurate you've got legit brain rot

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I don't know if they did that originally back in '07.

Honestly, I don't PvP so anyone who knows more about it please correct me if I'm wrong. But if they reset honor anyway at the beginning I think they should still keep the high honor gains for now for a few reasons.

-Prepatch is much shorter than it was originally
    -Good amount of people already benefited from what is Blizzard's mistake
    -Not sure on this one, but is there any lvl 60 PvP gear that is good at 70? If not I don't think it hurts to let people farm some decent lvling gear.
    They have done this ever since the start of season 1 to my knowledge. I am not sure about progress to 70, but to be fair, I don't really care if someone has a head start getting a few pieces of blue honor gear at 70. Anyone who wants that set should have it within a few weeks of the expansion launching anyway.

I see a much bigger issue with people currently farming netherweave in deadwind pass than just letting people honor cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Something is missing. Either the prices are whack or the guy who turned excess marks into honor

If you think 150-200 wins for a single item is accurate you've got legit brain rot
    This.

In a week they’ll have hotfixed honor or the older prices.