Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I hope Blizzard is making a lot of money...

...So they might make actual good games and new IP's.

If you are fine with the current new rounds of money-grabbing...Fine, be it so...

Honestly, its like Asmongold said it...Us nerds, us achievement hunters with 500 mounts and 30k nerd points...Us whales, were in an abusive relationship. First they re-verse the 35 fee for copy transfer in classic, but then strike right back with a TCG item and 6 month sub mount. Honestly, the amount of crazy micro transactions added to wow since Legion is next level. Just since Shadowlands it feels like they added soo much...Deluxe Edition for TBC is disgusting price also.

Gut, I fear mobile gaming...First it was annoying how much money they made, and like the...focus and attention, BUT NOW! it seems like PC games has to compete with these abusive money grabbing methods. We can see that with cod mobile, and how Blizzard aint even important or whatever...

I just hope that Blizzard then actually makes money to further development for actually good games, IP's or paying better wages...idk. I don't see much "WOW Factor" about Diablo 4 so far, Overwatch 2 seems pointless and WoW seems beaten by a weeb game (Lets be honest here) from Japan in numbers, that apparently has even worse microtransactions. And all their other games and re-makes are barely alive...Honestly if it wasent for Diablo 2 re-make Blizzard dont even have any anything but TBC classic, which I doubt will ever get as popular as classic did for those first months...

I really, really dislike how these trends are heading. Cause I know I will buy the fucking deluxe version cause of the freaking mount, and then later I hope the 6 month sub mount goes on sale in like 1-2 years at December...Im pathetic, we all are for buying this crap. And im saying im pathetic when I don't even spend money on it, but I do spend time...I have 22 million atm in wow, I AH play a lot in wow, but I know that every time Blizzard takes a shit thats a million gold gone in wow tokens...And the tokens are only going up in price lately...
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2021-05-20 at 09:03 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

If you are fine with the current new rounds of money-grabbing...Fine, be it so...

Honestly, its like Asmongold said it...Us nerds, us achievement hunters with 500 mounts and 30k nerd points...Us whales, were in an abusive relationship. First they re-verse the 35 fee for copy transfer in classic, but then strike right back with a TCG item and 6 month sub mount. Honestly, the amount of crazy micro transactions added to wow since Legion is next level. Just since Shadowlands it feels like they added soo much...Deluxe Edition for TBC is disgusting price also.

Gut, I fear mobile gaming...First it was annoying how much money they made, and like the...focus and attention, BUT NOW! it seems like PC games has to compete with these abusive money grabbing methods. We can see that with cod mobile, and how Blizzard aint even important or whatever...

I just hope that Blizzard then actually makes money to further development for actually good games, IP's or paying better wages...idk. I don't see much "WOW Factor" about Diablo 4 so far, Overwatch 2 seems pointless and WoW seems beaten by a weeb game (Lets be honest here) from Japan in numbers, that apparently has even worse microtransactions. And all their other games and re-makes are barely alive...Honestly if it wasent for Diablo 2 re-make Blizzard dont even have any anything but TBC classic, which I doubt will ever get as popular as classic did for those first months...

I really, really dislike how these trends are heading. Cause I know I will buy the fucking deluxe version cause of the freaking mount, and then later I hope the 6 month sub mount goes on sale in like 1-2 years at December...Im pathetic, we all are for buying this crap. And im saying im pathetic when I don't even spend money on it, but I do spend time...I have 22 million atm in wow, I AH play a lot in wow, but I know that every time Blizzard takes a shit thats a million gold gone in wow tokens...And the tokens are only going up in price lately...
    They already make more than enough for this. They aren't doing it though. They simply leverage the money into more money. Blizzard is lost. I don't fault them companies are there to make money but they just aren't going to get mine for a while.

Kim Kardashians mobile game was one of the highest revenue games for a while so that should indicate the relationship between quality and financial success.

More money does not mean that they can deliver better games. A passionate, skillful and dedicated development team is needed which is something that they seem lacking. I kinda doubt that Blizzard is even interested in making big budget games (sequels like Diablo 4 being an exception) and rather focus on more cheap mobile stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Kim Kardashians mobile game was one of the highest revenue games for a while so that should indicate the relationship between quality and financial success.
    You weren't kidding...Again you cant fault companies for making money, but this is next-level microtransactions by Blizzard now.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard don't pay taxes so I think they're doing fine :P

I guess I haven't been paying attention, when in Legion onward has Blizzard loaded WoW with microtransactions? I mean I know they are doing the 6 month mount promo, but I don't see Shadowlands being loaded to bear with MT.

The sad part is, as I said in a different thread, this IS the gaming industry now, Blizzard is just jumping on the MT train a little later than other companies, though hasn't HotS, HS & OW already had them for years now?

Fully expect all new games they do develop to be loaded with them. Until gamers as a community actually push back, it won't change, and that probably won't happen, because you'll always have whales, if not whole countries that eat it up. And I say someone who is guilty of buying from the shop in the past.

The way I look at it is that had they not made this sharp turn with Legion, perhaps the game would've fully died. Maybe all this is the thread by which it is all hanging.

lol, their recent quality bumps are not related to how much money they do or do not have.

Well, I fit your criteria with achieves with 32k and some, and collectibles etc. I'm no Asmongold who lives off of WoW, and keeps saying "I won't quit cuz I love the game!", I quit in whim. Had to keep that little dignity I still had left. Ever since Legion I come and go. Sadly I come back for a lot less every time and my gone time gets longer and longer. I won't come back for 9.1 at all for example, which is a first.

I don't play any other Blizzard games, so how they spend what they rake in from WoW does not affect me the slightest.

I still don't think blizz is as bad as other their competitors. Sure i don't particular like it either. But for example the boost is the only reason i am going to play TBC because the leveling in classic is (for me) horrid.
    And i honestly thinkt he deluxe edition is worth its money. Boost mount toy one month of play. Not that bad considering i get the base game for free (yes i know sub is still there)

What i particularily don't like is the cloning service... that should have been a freebie as they apparantly allready did the copy anyway and that store mounts are... so much more intricate than anything you can get ingame... and unique. Every mount ingame has 20 recolor from different sources. There is no true unique mount anymore other than the mythic raid mount i think...

Are they making more money of off us than needed. Yeah. Are they above the norm? No, i would still argue they are below. I honestly think they could milk the playerbase way more if they wanted to. 1 whale can make up for hundreds lost players and we all know there definetly are whales around.

Also i would be willing to look over all of that if the basegame would be getting thinner and thinner every year while they make more money every year... it just is weird. Wow has the potential to be a very very good game. It is still good imho. otherwise i would not play it...

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't get where people believe that microtransactions are this recent thing for WoW or that it gets worse and worse since they "were added". If you look back at vanilla, BC, and other expansions there has ALWAYS been microtransactions no matter what you want to see it as. TCG rewards were essentially microtransactions in its infancy. These were card packs you purchased outside of the game for real money in hopes of it having a rare card with a code that you could redeem in game for rewards. Blizzard has since stopped making TCG but the cards are still out there for people to buy and redeem. These cards can be worth thousands of dollars now if they haven't been redeemed. Same can be said for the collector's editions for vanilla and the expansions prior to digital releases. Those are in a way a microtransaction as they provide extra rewards to players outside of the base game for an extra amount of money. Those unclaimed collector's editions can still be bought today and go for well over $10k on places like Amazon and eBay.

They are making a lot of money, but it's going to Bobbys new yacht over creating a new IP.

The fact that you and so many idiots do not understand what microtransactions actually are is frankly pathetic.

WoW doea not use or have "microtransactions", if you think the shop is ot even the deluxe packages are; you are just stupid.

Microtransactions enlicit player power; the shop in no way has ever gave player power; and before you try. The boost is not player power as it is weaker than the average player at thar level. If you want microtransactions look at FF14. Funny how no one talks about them when theh actually do have 100x more microtransactions than wow and theirs do give player power.

I don't think that's how it works. If they shovel shit and people buy the shit, they're going to keep shoveling shit.

However, while I really don't like what modern WoW has become at all, they have one of the tamest cash shops I've ever seen. You don't need to buy any of it to advance in the game.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2021-05-20 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW started going downhill before Activision took more control of Blizzard. Just wanted to point that out since people here keep mentioning Activision and Bobby Kotick.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    WoW started going downhill before Activision took more control of Blizzard. Just wanted to point that out since people here keep mentioning Activision and Bobby Kotick.
    Yeah, that's a pretty big misconception people seem to have. People also thought Destiny 2 would improve after ditching Activision, but they added more things to the cash shop after Activision divested.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Blizzard don't pay taxes so I think they're doing fine :P
    Actually they do...A LOT. They pay millions in taxes a year. They are just smart and claim on them.

Guess what kiddo. You can also claim on taxes and business expenses. It is part of being smart.

Are you really going to sit there and tell me you are upset that they are doing literally what every other single person can and does do who owns a company. Everyone does it from blizzard to the family who runs the store down the street. How stupid can you be

They have more than enough money. I would say 80% or more go to fatten up exec bank accounts. Not nearly enough gets put back in to improve the product.

American companies in particular have taken that to new extremes. It's greed with no limits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Actually they do...A LOT. They pay millions in taxes a year. They are just smart and claim on them.

Guess what kiddo. You can also claim on taxes and business expenses. It is part of being smart.

Are you really going to sit there and tell me you are upset that they are doing literally what every other single person can and does do who owns a company. Everyone does it from blizzard to the family who runs the store down the street. How stupid can you be
    I feel like i heard this narrative before...

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    American companies in particular have taken that to new extremes. It's greed with no limits.
    These companies have shitloads of money only because consumers have deemed them valuable. No one is forcing anyone to buy WoW subs, store mounts, level boost etc...