Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Rendle being rich is pretty hilarious. Would be great if he keeps being the repair guy throughout, amassing more and more gold as he goes, maybe getting someone else to start repairing for him at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

At a risk of sounding whiny, does anyone else wonder if the reason why SL and in a sense WoD felt so off is because they are so disconnected from Azeroth?
    We spend all our time in this expansion in the Shadowlands, we only rarely go back to Azeroth for anything, and when we do (for me at least) it feels like a breath of fresh air in comparision to more time spent in the Shadowlands.

Again, not because the Shadowlands zones are terrible or anything, but compared to Legion and BfA we have a stronger connection to actually being on Azeroth, not in a diferent dimension or plane of reality.
    I wonder further if this is why I always felt that the Shadowlands should have been a patch, and why I thought Argus would had been terrible as an entire expansion. That there might be a limit on how long the average player can feel connected to WoW with the added filter of not even being on Azeroth like we usually are.

Specifically this thought came to me as I decided to take the short trip back to Stormwind and immediately felt reinvigorated towards the game when I heard the Stormwind theme and heard the night ambience.
    give me an expansion with remade zones but using zidormi for the phasing of it (literally if they had that in cata i think players would have enjoyed it)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Damn, it’s almost like not everything in WoW is tied to fuckin Azeroth.
    Yes, but is extended time spent away from the familier location fo Azeroth detrimental to player engagement, even if just subconsciously?

If you think I am wrong you are free to give examples of why you think that is so, I do genuinely wonder whether it is just a problem I have specifically with Shadowlands or whether others share this niggle.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but is extended time spent away from the familier location fo Azeroth detrimental to player engagement, even if just subconsciously?

If you think I am wrong you are free to give examples of why you think that is so, I do genuinely wonder whether it is just a problem I have specifically with Shadowlands or whether others share this niggle.
    Wewt, that was a wild theory over there. What about BC, then?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account

Its a very dumb thing and very superficial felling. Somehow being in a different realm doesn't make your immersion worse. Most people didn't give a damn that we were in Outland during BC or hardly mentioned any "I feel disconnected." Yeah we aren't actively on Azeroth but the problems of the Shadowlands are bleeding onto our home and well if we don't deal with those problems it will eventually hit home. Any investment you don't feel is of your own thoughts.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Haven't dragons been part of every single expansion? Most expansions even introduce some new breed or type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Having the dragonflights be revitalized by Azeroth herself is a neat idea.
    We should've gotten Azerite dragons in BfA. Damn, that would've been a neat idea. And better than the N'Zoth 8.3 plot
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wewt, that was a wild theory over there. What about BC, then?
    BC was the first expansion so in that sense it would be difficult to parse exactly how impactful the cahnge in scenery was. Though in that case the question of drastic shift in playstyle form massive 1-60 levelling to a smaller 60-70 levelling with a larger focus on endgame might have overshadowed smaller things like whether players felt more engaged by being in Outland than they migth have had it been an endgame zone in Classic like it was originally meant to be.

And I admit it is shaky to base it on this and WoD. Especially with WoD being plenty bad enough from having absolutely nothing to do in endgame. But it is still an interesting question given how few expansion we have had that are not on Azeroth specifically. Especially when the last 2 expansion quite often had us going back to classic zones for questlines whereas SL only does it twice from what I remember so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Peoples insistence on not wanting to accept that Old Gods can die is infuriating at this point.

C'thun was dead after AQ. Yogg was dead after Ulduar. Nzoth is dead after Nyalotha.

Just because they are Old Gods and "lovecraftian" doesn't mean they can't die.

Just because they are huge doesn't mean we didn't kill them.
    Yogg's active in Ulduar.

Y'shaarj still spoke, and his heart still beat. Not to mention doomsayers and cultists mentioning a blind serpent watching from the outside. You know, space, where Y'shaarj was supposedly torn in half. That's just theory though.

N'zoth is possibly in the dagger. "But but but we watched him get kamehameha'd" yea, but why'd he want the dagger and where did it go?

As stupid as the lore is, death is different for the old gods and that's an undeniable fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Y'shaarj still spoke, and his heart still beat. Not to mention doomsayers and cultists mentioning a blind serpent watching from the outside. You know, space, where Y'shaarj was supposedly torn in half. That's just theory though.
    The serpent may be something else. Though not impossible to be him, Y'Shaarj was referred to as a Goat previously. And the artwork of him from Hearthstone shows goat-like horns, though he also supposed to have seven heads so who knows.

He doesn't really strike me as blind, either, though since the goat was said to have seven eyes and he is "dead" now, perhaps that can count as being blinded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that little quote is from the puzzlebox so anything related to it is from Cata and the serpent thing at the time didn't mean anything above Old Gods but with the chronicle I like to believe the Void Lords are the serpents(Metaphorically speaking).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The serpent may be something else. Though not impossible to be him, Y'Shaarj was referred to as a Goat previously. And the artwork of him from Hearthstone shows goat-like horns, though he also supposed to have seven heads so who knows.

He doesn't really strike me as blind, either, though since the goat was said to have seven eyes and he is "dead" now, perhaps that can count as being blinded.
    We've killed all the big bad Sha manifestations, which were all representatives of each of his "eyes".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I believe that little quote is from the puzzlebox so anything related to it is from Cata and the serpent thing at the time didn't mean anything above Old Gods but with the chronicle I like to believe the Void Lords are the serpents(Metaphorically speaking).
    Could be, who knows! Tis just my own little personal theory. I'd personally prefer it to be a new fifth (sixth?) Old God just looking beyond. But it would make sense to be Y'shaarj too.

Yogg's active in Ulduar.

N'zoth is possibly in the dagger. "But but but we watched him get kamehameha'd" yea, but why'd he want the dagger and where did it go?

As stupid as the lore is, death is different for the old gods and that's an undeniable fact.
    Y'Shaarj was considered dead dead after the Titans ripped him out as per Chronicles, yet he still had some effects on the world.

So just because there are still some remnants on them, doesn't mean they aren't dead.

"As stupid as the lore is, death is different for the old gods and that's an undeniable fact."

Acting like death has any meaning in WoW is stupid. If they want a character to come back, they will make up some stupid reason to bring them back.

But forever reason, people make up idiotic headcanon for the Old Gods like they couldn't possibly be dead.

Claiming N'zoth is in the dagger sounds kinda like cope to me, but anything is possible I guess. They really wasted the old gods, they are all dead, but can easily be brought back if/when blizzard wants to recycle them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Claiming N'zoth is in the dagger sounds kinda like cope to me, but anything is possible I guess. They really wasted the old gods, they are all dead, but can easily be brought back if/when blizzard wants to recycle them.
    Just make any use of Xalatath. She was one of the most interesting characters in the last expansion. Hell, make her come back either with the Void Lords or make her come back to help us against the Void Lords. Just use her.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Ive been watching preach on twitch stream korthia. He seems to be doing it for fun. That's really encouraging. There's lots of 'oooh, whats this/whos this?' Its definitely a huge turnaround from only a couple of weeks ago.

We've killed all the big bad Sha manifestations, which were all representatives of each of his "eyes".
    Good point, though I don't know if I'd consider Y'Shaarj a serpent. Then again, I wouldn't have thought goat either. Lovecraftian references do love to be weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if they will ever implement a word filter in the lfg tool.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Wonder if they will ever implement a word filter in the lfg tool.
    It's completely pointless.

You ban all the words they use now and they will just use alternatives, and as soon as it starts to affect normal groups, youve fucked up.

Any bets on what will end up happening to Sylvanas now that we know about the split soul and additionally that the datamined achievements hint we are not actually killing her in the raid?

Any bets on what will end up happening to Sylvanas now that we know about the split soul and additionally that the datamined achievements hint we are not actually killing her in the raid?
    She'll become

a) the new leader of the Jailer's forces after he leaves the Shadowlands and "betrays" them or
    b) she'll become the new Arbiter after the Jailer rips the blue orb out of the Arbiter's chest and kills her by doing so
    c) she'll live a "Banshee life" in the Shadowlands and gets redemption and a R.I.P. arc where she's still there, but doesn't matter much anymore.

I'm pretty much d'accord with Taliesin's predictions. Option b) would be the most fitting in my opinion and be the outcome all her character building led up to.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

"When she stirs, the timeless one will quake with fear!" If anyone can figure that out, you win a cookie.

Maybe we knock out the "evil" in Sylvanas during an unrevealed cinematic once we "defeat" her in the Sanctum of Domination.

Maybe we do something similar to what Khadgar did with Illidan during the Gul'dan fight: try to fuse the alleged-lost part of Sylvanas' soul with her current form, making her truly whole.