Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    it kind of looks like it wants to be dynasty warriors the mmo but not going ham on what makes dynasty warriors a fun game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    here have been a lot of mmos that have broken away and done new things/innovated the genre, not every game has to, not everyone wants every new game to attempt to reinvent the wheel, currently if you want a raid/dungeon focused endgame mmo, you have two viable options, both use standard tab targeting as well, so I would say there is plenty of room for this one.
    We had tons more and they all died because they been crappy copy/pastes. I would even go so far to say that the only reason FF14 is still alive is because its fuckin final fantasy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Looks like every other asian action MMO... idk why but i could not, for the life of me, distinguish between all of them. Korea and china just create a shitton of these game all looking the same...
    I think my... patience with these games ran out. Look the same. Grindy as hell probably and an extensive ingame shop maybe on top?

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't look too bad tbh, reading half the posts here has been pretty funny though, the amount of uninformed opinions is great. The only one that holds any merit is that GameForge is involved which I agree is a red flag.

I might give it a try, after checking more videos and doing some more research. Not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Doesn't look too bad tbh, reading half the posts here has been pretty funny though, the amount of uninformed opinions is great. The only one that holds any merit is that GameForge is involved which I agree is a red flag.

I might give it a try, after checking more videos and doing some more research. Not sure yet.
    Not only are they uninformed, but the game would have to undergo a fundamental redesign for Gameforge to exploit the players.

probably not for me.. not really a setting that interests me but i'd have to see more of what pvp they got and what combat and gearing is like. that pvp trailer didn't really say much and did nothing to peak my interest.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    To really make an awesome and unique MMORPG they should use their own engine. UE4 is awesome, no doubt but while it certainly can be used to make an MMORPG it is FPS engine by core.
    This is false.

Unreal engine is very generic engine. Question is, do you have any experience in actually any engine like this?
    Because you know. UE and unity got some "ready solutions" for various stuff like hitboxes, meshes, shaders, animations controllers, camera controllers...
    But you don't have to use them. You can write pretty much any game in it. Not to mention in case of UE you can replace parts of engine low level source code as well.

---

As for the topic, It looks pretty good. Im adding this to my watchlist. I literally don't care how visuals are, I am interested only if the game would be fun to play.

What about pve content? Raids? Dungeons? What about loot systems? I absolutely hate braindead gearing system like wow has.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-05-21 at 07:23 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Looks like every other asian action MMO... idk why but i could not, for the life of me, distinguish between all of them. Korea and china just create a shitton of these game all looking the same...
    I think my... patience with these games ran out. Look the same. Grindy as hell probably and an extensive ingame shop maybe on top?
    I don't really see this as a Korean MMO at all, as most of them are more themed around western fantasy with some asian influences. This one is painfully Chinese in style on the other hand.
    You are right though that the Korean ones love grinding and PvP, not sure about Chinese ones since I don't have enough of a sample size for these..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Looks pretty bland and actually quite shit imo.
    And it's being published by Gameforge. Tells you enough what the game will turn into within a few months.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Asian MMO built by Gameforge, so it will most likely be a semi-flashy over-monetized grindy shithole as usual.

Another 'non-generic', 'dynamic', 'never seen before', 'totally B2P' MMo game...
    Oh boy... this time for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Ah I see...
    Yeah dude ill just play games I think look cool but absolutely more power to you.
    I think there are some things more important than games. But, to each their own.

Beta thoughts:
    -the leveling is sandard, nothing good or horrible
    -the world is pretty but ultimately uninteresting, no exploration, just a railroad of story
    -the dungeons are a lot of fun
    -the combat is a lot of fun
    -the classes are fun to play and varied enough
    -quick leveling process even though whats there isnt great
    -relevant dungeon content that gets farily challenging
    -character creation sucks, only play has pearly white dark haired asian

All in all, its not bad, it is the example of an okay themepark mmo, it doesnt do anything particularly amazing, but it doenst do anything horrible either.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

It gives me Blade and Soul vibes, but worse. I really enjoyed Blade and Soul before it went P2W/Progress (basically the 45 max level part of the game). The combat was fun, engaging and flashy. It also rewarded good play and had great solo content that was challenging.

I'll give this game a try, but as soon as it hits the usual P2W/progress route I'll probably dip out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yall are harsh. Doesn't look like my thing but not exactly bad. Some of the MMOs I've seen people get hyped about are crazy, this one is one of the least offensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I don't really see this as a Korean MMO at all, as most of them are more themed around western fantasy with some asian influences. This one is painfully Chinese in style on the other hand.
    You are right though that the Korean ones love grinding and PvP, not sure about Chinese ones since I don't have enough of a sample size for these..
    The Chinese 'meta' is more accepting of MTX. And by that I don't mean they are tolerate boosts and by them more, they are more receptive to buying power and things viewed as prestigious in the Western version of the game. The way someone may but diamonds in real life to flaunt their wealth, they are cool doing that via MTX. Gameplay preferences tend to be more action-oriented without the grinds you might see in Korean MMORPGs or emphasis on aesthetics (sometimes sacrifing gameplay) in Japanese ones. .
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-05-24 at 02:23 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I really cant tell the difference between this and any other asian mmo

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..if it has been out for two years in China...is the beta just there to test localisation? Or do they change things for the western market?
    Basically, bug test, localization, get feedback on quest flow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    It gives me Blade and Soul vibes, but worse. I really enjoyed Blade and Soul before it went P2W/Progress (basically the 45 max level part of the game). The combat was fun, engaging and flashy. It also rewarded good play and had great solo content that was challenging.

I'll give this game a try, but as soon as it hits the usual P2W/progress route I'll probably dip out.
    As of right now and likely the future, there will be no p2w/progress
    Diablo Bore.

looks ok goood graphics, and combat moves. Not sure if its for me or not, but I'll read more about it, a few years ago i'd be all over it for kicks when I tried almost every mmo that came out
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

the gameplay trailer shows essentially basic asian mmo gameplay with no ui which imo is always annoying because the ui is important though most are WoW rips

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    the gameplay trailer shows essentially basic asian mmo gameplay with no ui which imo is always annoying because the ui is important though most are WoW rips
    Check out the other videos, there is pvp, dungeon runs, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

SOME EXTRA BETA THOUGHS
    -Dungeons are legitimately hard at max level, and on hard/nightmare mode dungeons have an extra boss encounter which is really cool
    -Dungeons can be done with 5-10 players which is awesome, basically a mini-raid at that point.
    -the final level is essentially a sidequest and dungeon spam grind, which sucks.
    -The housing is INSANE.
    Diablo Bore.