Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Dude, its decades until Generation X clocks out, it's baby boomers that r clocking out n they weren't teens during cameron's best mivies 80/90s.

Ur not getting ridd of gen x anytime soon, u millenial rascal
    Kills me how many boomers and Millenials act like gen x doesn't even exist.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    they just jelly they didn't experience the 80s n 90s at a young age

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    -snip-
    guy is dedicated af...wish we could clone him so he could rezz the alien franchise..

The Avatar movie game was suprisingly good, anyone who played it would likley have their expectations exceeded x)

But legit, Avatar is Pocahontas AND Fern Gully, its a more direct rip off of Fern Gully than anything else.

Boomers convinced the Millenials they are the only generation after them, partly to not acknowledge they are aging. But also because it is easier to blame a single generation for the mess ups of all the others. Boomers will live forever! Everything is the Millenials fault! As for Avatar 2, not exactly thrilled to see what comes next. Always believed that the moment whats his name plugged into the tree, his humanity was erased and he became another drone of the tree.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stephen Lang Has Finished Filming Avatar 2 & 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blmXXggbl0c
    https://screenrant.com/avatar-2-3-st...plete-details/
    BY MIKE JONES PUBLISHED 17 HOURS AGO

Actor Stephen Lang has officially completed filming on James Cameron’s highly anticipated Avatar 2 and 3. Lang was one of the stars of Cameron’s original 2009 Avatar blockbuster, portraying the morally corrupt Miles Quaritch. Killed off in the first film, fans of Cameron’s ground-breaking franchise were particularly surprised to learn that Lang was returning for roles in at least two of the upcoming sequels. But under Cameron’s guidance, the character is indeed back, and Lang is excited to be part of what he’s labelled “Avatar on steroids.”

So much has time has passed since the release of Avatar, that many people have forgotten how much of an impact that the film had on cinema for years afterward. Cameron has long been known as a filmmaker who takes big risks and who has a significant interest in pushing the boundaries of traditional filmmaking. Avatar single-handedly ushered in a new era of 3D cinema upon its release, creating countless imitators – none of whom could quite hit the same high water mark that Avatar had established. But as time went on, 3D filmmaking fell out of favor and audiences were no longer impressed by the technology. Now, with the release of Avatar 2 a little over a year away, attention is again returning to Cameron’s passion project.

Filming on Avatar 2 was completed back in September of 2020, and Cameron continues to film the remaining sequels in New Zealand. But, at least one star of the new films has finished work on two of the sequels. Lang recently revealed to EW that for the most part, his work on Avatar 2 and 3 is complete, though he may still have to return to “do a line here and there.” Tight lipped over much of what’s taking place under Cameron’s careful eye, Lang stated:

"I was in communication just last week with New Zealand, with my director, and everything's great — he's working hard. My acting work on both Avatar 2 and 3 is complete. I might have to go back and do a line here and there, but I'm really done. I hate to even call it post-production, what's going on now, because it really is the making of the film. It's just a beautifully imagined universe that Cameron has conceived of here. The partners we have, the people working by his [side], are committed to the vision of it and they bring so much to the table, from the actors to the caterers and everybody else. I'm looking forward to it as much as everyone else. It's been so long in the making, so long a part of my life."

Though exact specifics about everything from the plots of the Avatar sequels to how the five films will connect together is virtually unknown, one thing that fans have learned over recent years is that much of Avatar 2 will take place underwater. Cameron has pioneered a new technology that has reportedly enabled motion capture underwater – something that has not previously been done in a film. It does seem that Cameron continues to show no signs of easing off his desire to continuously be rewriting the rules on what is or isn’t possible in modern filmmaking. The end results will certainly be worth a trip to cinemas.

As for Lang’s Quaritch character, it remains to be seen just how his return is handled. Of course, there’s always the possibility that some of both Avatar 2 & 3 utilizes flashbacks – a tactic that might just also offer far more insight into the RDA’s background as well as its relationship with Pandora. Then again, with the first Avatar having been set in the year 2154, there very well could exist some sort of technology to bring certain individuals back to life in the subsequent sequels. One thing is for certain; as the wait for the first of the four sequels continues, there will be plenty of conjecture to keep fans incredibly eager for more.

Gonna be honest, will be hard to get me into this now. Waaayy to long of a wait for a series that isn't established/large (like Star Wars). I might watch it, but certainly not craving or looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

7+ Year Old Account
    If James Cameron makes a movie I'll certainly watch it. Cameron is good at exploring new technical ideas and showing us something slightly new and interesting. Even if the story is derivative and the writing is mediocre i'm sure it will still be a spectacle worth watching. And I don't mean "spectacle" in the same way as an Avengers movie or a Michael Bay movie, Cameron is usually interested in more mature themes that at least try to be meaningful.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-11 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not called the silent generation for nothing. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    We’re just prepping for our war with the Zoomers. Once the boomers are gone it’ll all be our fault.

OT: I too will watch anything Cameron does. However saying he started a 3D trend is like saying Nintendo started a motion control trend and treating it as a net positive. By and large 3D was a shoved-in mess whenever implemented (like motion control) and something I think we can largely do without.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I've never even heard that label before.

Because they are both afraid of us.

5+ Year Old Account
    Avatar’s James Cameron Explains the Necessity of Shooting in 3D

https://ymcinema.com/2021/08/24/avat...hooting-in-3d/
    BY YOSSY MENDELOVICH - AUGUST 24, 2021

On the occasion of Avatar 10 Year Anniversary, Cameron has held a Q&A session answering questions from audiences. One of the questions was addressed Cameron’s obsessively to shoot only in 3D. Here’s the question: “You are making all of your movies in 3D. Why is 3D important to you?”. Cameron answered: “We experience the world through stereoscopic system…visual system (we all have two eyes) and when you see stereo, it triggers regions at the brain that make you feel that you really there…. We want to take you to Pandora and feel it, smell it, so you can go on a real journey, and 3D imaging helps with that…People want to go to the cinema and have a full experience, not 90%, but 100%.”

Furthermore, James says that 10 years ago, there was a limitation regarding the duration of 3D movies which were limited to 90 minutes. That was because of the 3D glasses. The Studios thoughts that moviegoers would feel uncomfortable wearing 3D glasses for the entire movie. However, they were wrong. According to Cameron, when the movie is good and immersive, the audiences forget about wearing those 3D glasses. That broke the time limitation which allowed to expand the duration of the 3D movies to more than 150 minutes (for instance: Avengers, Transformers, the next Avatars, and more).

Watch the whole Q&A session below:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Because they are both afraid of us.
    Definitely the loudest generation ever

5+ Year Old Account
    Avatar 2 Story Details: Why The Na'vi Go Underwater Revealed.

https://screenrant.com/avatar-2-stor...derwater-reef/
    BY PAUL SHIREY - 31 MINUTES AGO

Producer Jon Landau reveals new Avatar 2 story details for James Cameron's upcoming sequels.

Few details have been revealed about Cameron's plans for the Avatar sequels, but Landau has revealed some key points about it in the new issue of Total Film Magazine (via Games Radar). Landau explains the exact story in Avatar 2, saying that it focuses largely on the Sully family, with Jake and Neytiri now having a brood of their own in the sequel. The Sullys’, still living on Pandora, are once again faced with RDA mining operations threatening their existence, forcing Jake to take his family to "what is perceived as a safe harbor" at the reef.

"And when you get to the reef, there’s a clan we call the Metkayina. The Sullys are no longer in the environment that they know, the rainforest. They become the fish out of water. They become the fish out of water both culturally and just environmentally."

Landau went on to say, "The scripts are the blueprint from which we work," and that a large portion of time was spent writing the planned four sequels with the intent of each one resolving itself "with a big emotional resolution" but still connected to a "larger epic saga." Landau said about Cameron's overall approach to the franchise sequels: "I think the story of Avatar 2, and the strength of the story, is what Jim [Cameron] always does in any of his movies: he writes in universal themes that are bigger than any one genre. And if you think about this, there’s really no more universal theme than family. At the center of each of our sequels is the Sully family. What are the dynamics that parents go through to protect their family?"

The journey of the Avatar sequels has been a long and ambitious one, with Cameron essentially dedicating decades of his life to them. The acquisition of Fox by Disney further challenged things, while Cameron continued (and continues) to tell his epic Avatar saga. Landau's mention of "The Sullys'" is interesting, as the implications of that, as well as "family" being a core theme, implies that Avatar will become more about Jake and Neytiri's legacy than just about them individually or the threats that they face. Exploring more of Pandora, particularly the oceanic life with a new clan of natives, should help refresh the franchise a bit, which has seemingly fallen out of the limelight given that it will have been 13 years since the original debuted when Avatar 2 finally hits the big screen on December 16, 2022.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    The Avatar movie game was suprisingly good, anyone who played it would likley have their expectations exceeded x)

But legit, Avatar is Pocahontas AND Fern Gully, its a more direct rip off of Fern Gully than anything else.
    Yeah no, it's almost point for point pocahontas.

MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Pocahontas...was a cripple?
    O...wait, Jake died when he was 20 from disease....no that's not right.
    I'm sure if I dig around enough I'll see the parallel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pocahontas...was a cripple?
    O...wait, Jake died when he was 20 from disease....no that's not right.
    I'm sure if I dig around enough I'll see the parallel.
    watch the video?

I am clearly talking about the Disney Pocahontas movie. Not the real life story
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Yeah no, it's almost point for point pocahontas.

Yeah even bigger NOOO go watch fern Gulley, the theme is pocahontas, never said it wasn't it fucking obvious, I said it was More a direct rip off of Fern Gulley as the plot follows it closely.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Yeah even bigger NOOO go watch fern Gulley, the theme is pocahontas, never said it wasn't it fucking obvious, I said it was More a direct rip off of Fern Gulley as the plot follows it closely.
    Honestly, from what I remember yeah. Definitely rips Fern Gulley off.

---

I saw the original Avatar in theater 3 times, I own it on blu-ray as its extended edition. I do not understand why it is getting one sequel let alone 4.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen fern gully many times. It's once of my favorite childhood movies. I'll stick with it being space Pocahontas.

For one how does Hexxus cross over in avatar?
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2021-12-09 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I've seen fern gully many times. It's once of my favorite childhood movies. I'll stick with it being space Pocahontas.

For one how does Hexxus cross over in avatar?
    Not every characters obviously lmao but the series of evnts certainly.