Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No thx, isn't grown from human poop? Some scientists in japan did that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    No thx, isn't grown from human poop? Some scientists in japan did that...
    What satire website did you read that nonsense?

If I have to hunt my own meat...then I probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I remember when everyone was bragging about how real their meat was and where it was raised, etc. Now we're seeing trends towards soy/plant fillers at 'meat' and lab-grown stuff. We're living in the future.
    There are different kinds of meat. If all beef came from small farmsteads where cows actually have a big field to frolic around on I'd guess a lot of people turned vegetarian would come back.

But the reality is that most meat comes from gigantic industry farms where pigs stand around on grills the whole day so their shit can drop through with so many animals that they can't even turn right, drugged up on antibiotics sick or not. Sadly this is a necessity as long as billions of people on earth want to eat some cheap meat.

I would very much appreciate getting rid of industry pigs in favor of labgrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I am curious... would vegetarians, who don't eat meat for ethical reasons, eat this?

What about religions that don't allow pork and beef, would this be deemed acceptable to consume?

I'm vegan for ethical reasons and I'm 100% in favor of this happening, but for myself, I won't eat it. I honestly don't have an interest in it as I more or less lost the desire for it over the years.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    What satire website did you read that nonsense?
    that is from a few years ago, so no I didn't write it down, but here's a link

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-t...-out-of-feces/

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    link

I expected we'd have lab grown meats in my lifetime, but I was thinking in about 30-40 years rather than 2 years!

be interesting to see how vegetarians, Muslims and Jews feel about them as well as the carnivores (presumably vegans will avoid since they are grown from animal cells)

personally I'd be happy to switch to cultured meat if it's approved as safe, affordable and offers the same taste and nutrients. I enjoy vegetarian meals now and then but I could never give meat up, so this offers a great compromise
    it will be just like its now with mass produced meat.

elites will eat good quality organic meat while masses will eat mass produced lab meat because its cheap. and hen wonder why they are so unhealthy .

It is inevitable!

Hard no for me. I don't trust these modern highly processed industrial foods - and that goes back for at least a century. One of the earliest examples is replacing butter (A natural and perfectly healthy food) with margarine (A highly processed industrial product with a plethora of unpronounceable ingredients). And for that matter, I don't trust Impossible/Beyond/Etc. fake meat (Another highly processed industrial junk food product) either. Tampering so brazenly with nature like that rarely ends well. I'm sticking with real meat, which has been the main part of the human diet since the start of the species prior to agriculture.
    Last edited by Feronar; 2021-05-22 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If it's affordable and the taste is OK, why not?
    very much this

so the amino acid-chain molecule was bunched in a vat instead of in a field, if the taste and texture are the same, then meh
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account

just l-o-fucking-l at that video title. "Shit Burger" lmaooooooo

I'd half expect the game to make a thread about that video.

Quote Originally Posted by Feronar View Post
    Tampering so brazenly with nature like that rarely ends well.
    We've tampered with nature since the the introduction of agriculture. Think we turned out alright.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    We've tampered with nature since the the introduction of agriculture. Think we turned out alright.
    Look at what happened in the US starting in the late 1970s and early 1980s, when the government told us that meat, eggs, and butter were bad for us, and that we needed to cut out the fat and cholesterol (Based on very bad science by the way). Did our health improve? No. Obesity rates skyrocketed, along with the problems that come with obesity.

Also, look at Mad Cow Disease in the 1990s in the UK.

Look at what happened in the US starting in the late 1970s and early 1980s, when the government told us that meat, eggs, and butter were bad for us, and that we needed to cut out the fat and cholesterol (Based on very bad science by the way). Did our health improve? No. Obesity rates skyrocketed, along with the problems that come with obesity.

butter us neutral for us, meat - depends. that lovely charred crust we oh so love on those grass fed steaks, veggies, what have you? cancer causing.

also... i guess you didn't realize that pretty much all the things that we eat - we have been cultivating for centuries. even, ESPECIALLY things like heirloom fruits and vegetables, as well as our poultry and livestock.

we HAVE been meddling with nature all along. and fun irony - butter is processed food as well. pretty much all cooked food is processed food. cooking is a method of processing.

in any case the biggest problem with those beyond meats etc is that they are 1. ridiculously expensive. 2. have way too much sodium in them. but then again so do pickles and cured meats like bacon, so /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    *sigh* I wonder...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It is inevitable!

At some point there would be time to decide whether we are to commit atrocities or to eat shit. And i'm not very fond of shit
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2021-05-22 at 09:45 PM.

that started a lot earlier and a lot simplier . with rise of fast food industry since 50s. and i dont mean here only burger joints - but whole fast food industry - there is plenty of documentaries on this topic .

Just imagine lab-grown fish meat without any worry about mercury.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    that started a lot earlier and a lot simplier . with rise of fast food industry since 50s. and i dont mean here only burger joints - but whole fast food industry - there is plenty of documentaries on this topic .
    Uh, before the fast food industry, the human diet was vastly worse. People eating lard sandwiches all the time. People routinely not getting enough vitamins and minerals. People outright starving. The modern diet overall is vastly superior to the old days, even with fast food mixed in.

Hell, in North Korea, people still suffer from malnutrition and starvation. Up to 2.5 million North Koreans died between 1994-1998 from famine. I bet they would rather have had some McDonalds. Even today, they have to eat rats or dogs for protein.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2021-05-22 at 11:13 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Just imagine lab-grown fish meat without any worry about mercury.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, before the fast food industry, the human diet was vastly worse. People eating lard sandwiches all the time. People routinely not getting enough vitamins and minerals. People outright starving. The modern diet overall is vastly superior to the old days, even with fast food mixed in.

Hell, in North Korea, people still suffer from malnutrition and starvation. Up to 2.5 million North Koreans died between 1994-1998 from famine. I bet they would rather have had some McDonalds. Even today, they have to eat rats or dogs for protein.
    pretty much, I mean the main 2 reasons why only rich people in olden days were fat (and there WERE fat people in olden days) is because 1. just generally no abundance of food we have today unless you are rich and 2. prior to automation, people engaged in a lot more manual labor... unless you were rich. that will burn you some calories.

but people died sooner, there are literally beauty trends through the ages that stem directly from issues caused by malnutrition (but when a king or a queen have those, then its fashionable and everyone wants to look that way). and I have a strong suspicion that its not that we didn't used to have cancers etc but rather people either died too young or weren't diagnosed because we didn't have the diagnostic technology we have today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind either way as long as it's tasty and safe. I won't be going out of my way to purchase it if it's more expensive though.