Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    https://hsreplay.net/meta/ you think every expansion since launch there were 62% win decks for this long???? I'm done.
    You link a page that just shows the winrate of this patch to prove that the paladin deck has a high one, and then claim you're done?

That saves me time, because that makes absolutely no sense.

Never mind the fact that you completely ignored almost everything I said to flat out lie about what I said, since I said "in CARD GAMES", not "In Hearthstone" specifically. Strawmanning just so you can cherrypick doesn't make an argument.

And as you can see-
    https://aetherhub.com/MTGA-Decks/Brawl/
    https://aetherhub.com/MTGA-Decks/Traditional-Standard/
    https://lor.mobalytics.gg/stats/decks

It's pretty common. So again, none of your complaints really have any basis. You didn't prove any actual proof of this being something "new" to hearthstone, and honestly anyone who's played since the start of Hearthstone knows how little they nerfed/buffed cards. Hell Dr.Boom went completely untouched and they just had him rotate out, despite being infamously in every single deck ever.

Now they're far more proactive about it, so the idea that you honestly think there wasn't high winrate decks for entire patches back then is a bit funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You link a page that just shows the winrate of this patch to prove that the paladin deck has a high one, and then claim you're done?

That saves me time, because that makes absolutely no sense.

Never mind the fact that you completely ignored almost everything I said to flat out lie about what I said, since I said "in CARD GAMES", not "In Hearthstone" specifically. Strawmanning just so you can cherrypick doesn't make an argument.

And as you can see-
    https://aetherhub.com/MTGA-Decks/Brawl/
    https://aetherhub.com/MTGA-Decks/Traditional-Standard/
    https://lor.mobalytics.gg/stats/decks

It's pretty common. So again, none of your complaints really have any basis. You didn't prove any actual proof of this being something "new" to hearthstone, and honestly anyone who's played since the start of Hearthstone knows how little they nerfed/buffed cards. Hell Dr.Boom went completely untouched and they just had him rotate out, despite being infamously in every single deck ever.

Now they're far more proactive about it, so the idea that you honestly think there wasn't high winrate decks for entire patches back then is a bit funny.
    No, I said that earlier this shit wouldn't happen in HS. But hey, shitty real world limited games have this (or just shitty card game like runeterra), so it's fine.

And, again, you thicko, that's why HS is dead to me - earlier this shit wouldn't fly. But now - nobody cares, people are playing Battlegrounds anyways lol.

Hello... Will I have to repeat same thing for the third time while you give out offtopic examples? There's still other card games you can investigate - Gwent, for example. Give me an example on how Gwent meta is, because that's fucking relevant. Hilarious.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The game is still really popular, source, grew from last expansion even.
    You should really spend more time reading what is actually said instead of what you think was said.

"Hearthstone®’s latest expansion, Forged in the BarrensTM, launched on March 30 and is on track to deliver expansion-over-expansion net bookings growth for the second consecutive release."

Net bookings just means that they got more pre-orders than last expansion (it could literally be by a handful of pre-orders; notice that they don't give a percentage)...which is much lower than in it's heyday.

There is a reason Blizz doesn't talk about MAUs for specific products anymore; they like to play games while trying to deny that, overall, MAUs have been dropping for years (go through their annual reports looking for the MAUs of Blizz properties if you don't believe me - https://investor.activision.com/annual-reports). There is a reason Blizz doesn't break out individual properties anymore; it is too easy to see how spending on their games have been decreasing while numbers of players is decreasing...increased profits, but not increased player base (heck, not even maintaining player base...it takes 3 versions of WoW now to show almost steady numbers).

You are the one "flat out misinforming".

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    No, I said that earlier this shit wouldn't happen in HS. But hey, shitty real world limited games have this (or just shitty card game like runeterra), so it's fine.

And, again, you thicko, that's why HS is dead to me - earlier this shit wouldn't fly. But now - nobody cares, people are playing Battlegrounds anyways lol.

Hello... Will I have to repeat same thing for the third time while you give out offtopic examples? There's still other card games you can investigate - Gwent, for example. Give me an example on how Gwent meta is, because that's fucking relevant. Hilarious.
    Comparing card games is relevant. I'm not quite sure how that's lost on you, but probably because you're not here to actually discuss or debate, but rather to complain. Especially when your complaint is as if high winrate decks never existed, to which backspace rogue says hi.
    The original secret paladin says hi.

It happens all the time in all card games. Why you think Hearthstone was immune to it for some reason is beyond me, since it's been there from the start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    You should really spend more time reading what is actually said instead of what you think was said.

"Hearthstone®’s latest expansion, Forged in the BarrensTM, launched on March 30 and is on track to deliver expansion-over-expansion net bookings growth for the second consecutive release."

Net bookings just means that they got more pre-orders than last expansion (it could literally be by a handful of pre-orders; notice that they don't give a percentage)...which is much lower than in it's heyday.

There is a reason Blizz doesn't talk about MAUs for specific products anymore; they like to play games while trying to deny that, overall, MAUs have been dropping for years (go through their annual reports looking for the MAUs of Blizz properties if you don't believe me - https://investor.activision.com/annual-reports). There is a reason Blizz doesn't break out individual properties anymore; it is too easy to see how spending on their games have been decreasing while numbers of players is decreasing...increased profits, but not increased player base (heck, not even maintaining player base...it takes 3 versions of WoW now to show almost steady numbers).

You are the one "flat out misinforming".
    I'm honestly not even sure how to respond to this because it seems like you're completely ignoring what was actually said.

dev over there claimed the game is "dead"

I point out that it's not dead, and hell it even grew from the last expansion, as shown by the sales.

That's...literally as simple as it is. I didn't say it's "even larger than ever". I never claimed it's more popular than ever. I just said it's still popular.

Which is shown by the numbers. Unless you think for some reason people are buying the pre-order and not playing the game for some reason. Either way, putting words in someone's mouth doesn't exactly prove anything.

Also, as an added note though-
    Nowhere in there does it compare to the original Hearthstone MAUs anyway. So for you to claim "oh it's MUCH lower" isn't actually supported by it.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-05-22 at 02:28 PM.

It is a card game, that's pretty par for the course, however the fact this is this is a digital tcg, not something i'd fully invest my money into on the account of it not being a physical product to resell the cards and said cards in the game are subjected to changes at any moment defeating your effort to spend money for it.

Hearthstone is dead to me, but for different reasons.

Constructed has always been a bit of a joke compared to other card games, but it's been taking the cake since a few expansions now. Last 3 or 4 expansions it's either extreme aggro or some dumb OTK decks that reign. Few midrange decks that do semi-ok and control is basically non-existent, because blizzard professionally killed that archetype by adding more and more anti-control cards.

Duels is just a massive fail that is as good as dead now. The mode had massive potential but the implementation is really lackluster and bad.

Battlegrounds, well what can i say, it's basically a slots machine. Everything in that mode is RNG stacked on top of RNG and what choices you make ultimately have a very low effect compared to what the game decides for you. No idea why this format is so popular on twitch.

Arena is actually decent now, card wise, but the draft system in HS is still absolutely horrible.

Then on top of that, you now got season passes, which frankly do NOT include the battlegrounds, separate, season pass and the money-to-items ratio is horrible (you can literally spend 70 euros on a new set and not even get a t3 deck to play).
    I've given up on thinking this game will ever be good again so i've de-installed last month and not looked back at it, it's for the better.
    Last edited by BeerEelemental; 2021-06-11 at 07:28 AM.

It's fine the way it is now for the usual player but it should be more generous towards new players with some front loaded stuff in order to keep them interested.

I apply the same thing I've been doing for some years and it works well for me. This depends on your income, time and preferences of course. Do I either want to put in time and farm the thing or do I want to put that time into work, get paid and then buy it? It comes down to how much time you have available, whether you find farm enticing enough for the use of that time, or more valuable than doing any other hobby/thing, and how much you are paid/can earn in the same time you dedicate to farm what you want. This is assuming the same things are achievable for free but just investing time, not specific shop-only things.

So so far I have done a mix of both depending on circumstances but helps valuing your own time and labour. Then you decide if that's expensive.

Its very expensive dont like it