i have the feeling that Star Citizen is kinda like crypto currencies

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Heres proof, this is a screencap from the pledge store when you are attempting to purchase something thats not in a flyable-state yet... you cannot miss it since it opens up on your screen as a separate popup:
    https://ibb.co/kh9Cn1N

- - - Updated - - -

Thats exactly what all ignorant haters say, they are only "pretty sure" but not actually knowing anything concrete. Making up false statements as they go.

Covid hardly slowed them down either... last year had significant amount of content and tech introduced into the alpha verse and right now its free to play until june 3rd and you can tour the biggest player ownable ships ingame for the first time, also a giant carrier is flying around as a showcase during this yearly invictus fleet week.

All that proves theyve been hard at work since those ships are used in the SQ42 campaign, last year we saw a flight of the very same big ship that today we can tour the interior.. and ontop of that they have an even bigger ship for showcase. The tour is also fully voice acted. And they will shoot you down if you engage them so clearly the exterior is legit functional.

If SC was a scam then its the worst at scamming people... a real scam wouldnt give us anything like this.

Notice how it says that you will get the items in game eventually? You pledge money now they pledge to give you what you purchased eventually its a preorder not a donation like Kenn is saying.

The release date has been pushed back like what 5+ times? They could be halfway through developing Star Citizen 2 by now. You notice how scummy the melting system is? Where subscriber discounts dont qualify and not everything you melt can be reclaimed? Also notice how they put off creating some of the better more expensive ships? Hoping to get people fed up and melt them so they can use something decent only to sell them back to them later at a higher price. If its not a scam then its complete incompetence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Heres proof, this is a screencap from the pledge store when you are attempting to purchase something thats not in a flyable-state yet... you cannot miss it since it opens up on your screen as a separate popup:
    https://ibb.co/kh9Cn1N

- - - Updated - - -

Thats exactly what all ignorant haters say, they are only "pretty sure" but not actually knowing anything concrete. Making up false statements as they go.

Covid hardly slowed them down either... last year had significant amount of content and tech introduced into the alpha verse and right now its free to play until june 3rd and you can tour the biggest player ownable ships ingame for the first time, also a giant carrier is flying around as a showcase during this yearly invictus fleet week.

All that proves theyve been hard at work since those ships are used in the SQ42 campaign, last year we saw a flight of the very same big ship that today we can tour the interior.. and ontop of that they have an even bigger ship for showcase. The tour is also fully voice acted. And they will shoot you down if you engage them so clearly the exterior is legit functional.

If SC was a scam then its the worst at scamming people... a real scam wouldnt give us anything like this.
    AND once again dismissing all other FACTS (and they are facts) and standing on this one thing. You're delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Idris-M was sold in 2012; that's 9 years.
    Merchantman, Hull-C, and Orion were sold in 2013; that's 8 years. Orion is still in the Concept stage. 8-9 years would be, in my book, nearly 10 years.

But wait! There's more! Crucible (still in Concept), Endeavor (still in Concept), Starliner, and Javelin was sold in 2014. 7 years, 2 of which are still in the concept stage.

"But," I hear you cry, "those ships require tech that is not yet in game!" Maybe they should have thought about that before selling them?
    The idris M was not available until 2013 so at least do some basic research and all other large ships were buyable from 2013 and beyond, until the game is complete there is no rush to have the ships ingame, the super large ships need the profession they are built around in the game first before there is even a point to them.

The game currently offers around 120 ships/vehicles at least atm to use ingame, but you choose to focus on large ships that heavily focus on an actual profession to be of actual use in the game. Ships with full interiors are a major difference compared to just a cockpit and outer hull.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-23 at 12:52 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You do realize that you are making CIG sound more disgustingly evil then they probably are right? If you melt a ship you get store credit but not everything can be bought back. So by dragging their asses on expensive ships they are hoping to make more money off of people. Subscriber discounts don't apply and prices may change so you may end up needing to pay a fuckton more for a ship you bought years ago just because you were tired of waiting and wanted to play the "game" with a real ship.

If you could 100% reclaim everything you bought then maybe you could justify them taking nearly a decade to build a ship but you can't. And it still wouldn't justify them making more ships to sell while ignoring ships people bought over 5 years ago.
    Nobody is forced to buy concept ships in advance, just like CIG is not "dragging their asses" making these ships. These are some of the most big, detailed and complex fully modelled and for player use vehicles ever made in the gaming history. Not even simulation games go to the extreme to model their vehicles at the detail Star Citizen is doing it.

Calling them "disgustingly evil" while having no problem playing a game like Gen-shin Impact which has one of the most predatory gacha models that targets a lot of infant and juvenile crowd which made them like 1 Billion dollars in half a year is a great showcase of how many in this thread have double-standards and are highly hypocrites.

Let's be honest here, your problem is not with Star Citizen business model or what other adults decide do willingly spend their money on.

Like most uninformed haters you hopped on the bandwagon of hating on this game because you were bored and angry at life, read some clickbait news and now decided to funnel that angriness at a game you can barely comprehend.

Idris-M was sold in 2012; that's 9 years.
    Merchantman, Hull-C, and Orion were sold in 2013; that's 8 years. Orion is still in the Concept stage. 8-9 years would be, in my book, nearly 10 years.

But wait! There's more! Crucible (still in Concept), Endeavor (still in Concept), Starliner, and Javelin was sold in 2014. 7 years, 2 of which are still in the concept stage.

"But," I hear you cry, "those ships require tech that is not yet in game!" Maybe they should have thought about that before selling them?
    Nothing was "sold". That's not how crowdfunding works, you have a project and people are given the opportunity to pledge to help make that project a reality.

The company stated.

"We're doing these ships if you'd wish to help make them you can pledge now in the concept stage, knowingly that the ships will increase in price at release."

You guys are so adamant in finding every excuse to hate on this game while being so out of depth on what's going on that you don't even realise that the longer the ship takes to be delivered the better it arrives as the ship pipeline keeps getting improved and the better deal it is since most of them increase in size and more importantly in value.

All while ignoring there's 100+ vehicles already delivered and many more constantly being delivered because you've choose holding a grudge as a comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The idris M was not available until 2013
    Only so only 8 years. That makes it MUCH better then.

- - - Updated - - -

until the game is complete there is no rush to have the ships ingame
    I disagree. See that is easy. Your opinion isn't fact and neither is mine.

- - - Updated - - -

The game currently offers around 120 ships/vehicles at least atm to use ingame, but you choose to focus on large ships
    People are just focusing on ships that were able to be purchased for years and still not in game. I say it is a pretty good thing to focus on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Nobody is forced to buy concept ships in advance, just like CIG is not "dragging their asses" making these ships. These are some of the most big, detailed and complex fully modelled and for player use vehicles ever made in the gaming history
    So it is totally okay when they devote resources to making NEW vehicles to slap on the cash shop instead of finishing ships that people have been waiting over 6 years for? Okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing was "sold". That's not how crowdfunding works
    The game has a fully functional and robust cash shop. They are 'selling' ships on it. That is not how crowdfunding works either. Crowdfunding is the money raised via Kickstarter. Once KS is finished and you start taking money from other sources that is no longer crowdfunding

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are so adamant in finding every excuse to hate on this game while being so out of depth on what's going on that you don't even realise that the longer the ship takes to be delivered the better it arrives as the ship pipeline keeps getting improved and the better deal it is since most of them increase in size and more importantly in value.
    You guys are so adamant in defending every thing CIG does while being so clueless on what the company has been doing for years, etc etc. Welcome to Opinionland where you are not spouting facts.

Sure the better it will arrive because technology keeps advancing. I can't wait to see the pretty JPEGs for ships that still aren't out in 2025.

the super large ships need the profession they are built around in the game first before there is even a point to them.
    Aren't there other ships in the game with no function for this very reason? Where was this logic when you were arguing in favor of shitting NPCs that tuck themselves into bed?

Nobody is forced to buy concept ships in advance, just like CIG is not "dragging their asses" making these ships. These are some of the most big, detailed and complex fully modelled and for player use vehicles ever made in the gaming history. Not even simulation games go to the extreme to model their vehicles at the detail Star Citizen is doing it.

Calling them "disgustingly evil" while having no problem playing a game like Gen-shin Impact which has one of the most predatory gacha models that targets a lot of infant and juvenile crowd which made them like 1 Billion dollars in half a year is a great showcase of how many in this thread have double-standards and are highly hypocrites.

Let's be honest here, your problem is not with Star Citizen business model or what other adults decide do willingly spend their money on.

Like most uninformed haters you hopped on the bandwagon of hating on this game because you were bored and angry at life, read some clickbait news and now decided to funnel that angriness at a game you can barely comprehend.
    Interesting that you too had to resort to insults instead of providing facts to show why I was wrong. Hmmmm.....

When have I ever said I had a problem with them selling ships for 1k dollars? I'll give you a hint: Never. I never even complained about their use of limited time tactics.

My problem is them selling ships with a backlog of ships they still haven't properly released.

What have I ever said that was uniformed? Literally everything I have said is a fact. Was I uniformed about melting? Or did I reveal how scummy it actually is when you were trying to make it sound like its this awesome system? People hate on the game was supposed to be released in 2014 its 2021 now. Many backers can't even play the ships they bought, and they use paid shills to try and scam more people into buying into the game when its nowhere near ready to be an actual game.

Oh and btw if you actually look at my posts you'll see I do criticize Genshin also. I actually can take unbiased view of the stuff I play/work for.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-05-23 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Aren't there other ships in the game with no function for this very reason? Where was this logic when you were arguing in favor of shitting NPCs that tuck themselves into bed?
    Yeah, the Reclaimer and the Vulture are salvage ships but there is no salvage gameplay in right now so they're useless. Well, I guess the Reclaimer is useful is you like flying around with a big impressive fuel guzzler that can barely fly out of atmosphere and you can't do anything else with it, then yeah it is "useful".

- - - Updated - - -

Also, some ships are in a semi-functional state. Exploration variants like the Reliant Sen, the 315p, etc, can't do any exploration because there isn't exploration gameplay yet. Ships with tractors beams, like the 315p or the Caterpillar, are sorta gimped because their gameplay was supposed to involve using the tractor beam to bring in stuff into the cargo bay, but tractor beams haven't been implemented yet. And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So it is totally okay when they devote resources to making NEW vehicles to slap on the cash shop instead of finishing ships that people have been waiting over 6 years for? Okay.

The game has a fully functional and robust cash shop. They are 'selling' ships on it. That is not how crowdfunding works either. Crowdfunding is the money raised via Kickstarter. Once KS is finished and you start taking money from other sources that is no longer crowdfunding
    Yes because it's their company and their business to decide how they operate and their backers to decide if they want to support them or not.

In case you noticed they just put another concept ship for sale 2 days ago and made $2 millions.

Kickstarter is one of many crowdfunding platforms available to help start projects.

A company can and many do, crowdfunding through their own website after their Kickstart campaign ends.

There's nothing out of the ordinary or illegal with it.

Again your problem is not with their business model or else you'd be bickering about every other gaming company in existence. Blizzard included.

My problem is them selling ships with a backlog of ships they still haven't properly released.
    Their business their decision like adults that decide to pledge for concept ships early to get a better price instead of waiting for them to be flyable and pay more.

Pretending you care about both is just a weak excuse to hate on the game. Nobody cares, much less you.

Yes because it's their company and their business to decide how they operate and their backers to decide if they want to support them or not.
    If you want to support such scummy practices that is on you. A company that is willingly fucking over backers and people who buy ships to produce new ships when they have a backlog waiting to be made, some for over 5 years mind you, that is just pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

In case you noticed they just put another concept ship for sale 2 days ago and made $2 millions.
    Does not make it right. Eventually that money will dry up if they keep making pretty ships and fail to actually make the rest of the game. You think if this game is still not out in 3-4 more years people will still willingly pool money into it? We'll see..

- - - Updated - - -

Again your problem is not with their business model or else you'd be bickering about every other gaming company in existence. Blizzard included.
    Blizzard isn't a crowdfunded company. And there are MANY companies out there with some predatory/awful business practices in their cash shop. EA being a prime example. Star Citizen is one of the worst out there and compared to Blizzard it is night and day when it comes to their stores.

- - - Updated - - -

When the heat gets turned on SC too much you deflect. You always point out what other games or companies are doing. Whataboutisms are a signature of yours you know. I don't care what other companies or businesses are doing when we're talking about SC/CIG. SC has a disgusting cash shop with products on it that are not complete. SC has sold ships over 5+ years ago that are still not in the game. What do they do? Do they invest time/money/effort into finishing those ships? No. They make new ones and fleece people who are in deep. You may be cool with that, but I'm not.

- - - Updated - - -

Their business their decision like adults that decide to pledge for concept ships early to get a better price instead of waiting for them to be flyable and pay more.

Pretending you care about both is just a weak excuse to hate on the game. Nobody cares, much less you.
    If no one cared people wouldn't take the time to comment. There wouldn't be articles about it and there wouldn't be such a negative light brought on this game when it is mentioned. Look at comments from people who don't really follow this thread, they laugh at what this game is. It is a fucking joke.

All you are doing is trying to stop people from being negative about the game and trying to drum up more cash for SC. Fuck that.

If you want to support such scummy practices that is on you. A company that is willingly fucking over backers and people who buy ships to produce new ships when they have a backlog waiting to be made, some for over 5 years mind you, that is just pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Does not make it right. Eventually that money will dry up if they keep making pretty ships and fail to actually make the rest of the game. You think if this game is still not out in 3-4 more years people will still willingly pool money into it? We'll see..

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard isn't a crowdfunded company. And there are MANY companies out there with some predatory/awful business practices in their cash shop. EA being a prime example. Star Citizen is one of the worst out there and compared to Blizzard it is night and day when it comes to their stores.
    Blizzard is a much more predatory company with less scrupulous for it's fanbase/players and it's employees than CIG will ever be. But you don't care because you're axe to grind is exclusive for CIG.

You can hate the company and the game all you want but nothing will change, you'll have to conform yourself to seeing them both, company and game, just continuously grow every year. As much as it hurts that's how it's always been in the past years and how it'll be in the next years.

And no one wants haters or salty cynics with axes to grind in their community. We're better off without them, they are perfectly fine bumping threads like this one to the top for the view of people without axes to grind or blind by misconceptions and bias. Actual gamers who can still enjoy games and most importantly critically think for themselves instead of hopping on mindless bandwagons and circle-jerks.

By all means, stay far away from the game, but keep talking about it
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-05-23 at 02:23 AM.

Blizzard is a much more predatory company with less scrupulous for it's fanbase/players and it's employees than CIG will ever be. But you don't care because you're axe to grind is exclusive for CIG.
    Yeah nevermind the times I've mentioned Blizz has done some questionable/scummy shit such as lootboxes. But if you think Blizzard is much worse than CIG's cash shop and the infamous 27,000 dollar ship pack among the many many examples of their cash shop I don't know what to tell you. You'll deflect and deflect and try to point out worse companies. CIG is on the level of EA except EA releases games.

- - - Updated - - -

You can hate the company and the game all you want but nothing will change, you'll have to conform yourself to seeing them both, company and game, just continuously grow every year. As much as it hurts that's how it's always been in the past years and how it'll be in the next years.
    I guess nothing will change. SC won't be released. SC will still manage to get money. That should stay the same for a few more years at least. Some milestone. When it passes 10 years, 11 years, 500+ million, let me know. I'll still be here laughing at such a trainwreck.

Yeah nevermind the times I've mentioned Blizz has done some questionable/scummy shit such as lootboxes. But if you think Blizzard is much worse than CIG's cash shop and the infamous 27,000 dollar ship pack among the many many examples of their cash shop I don't know what to tell you. You'll deflect and deflect and try to point out worse companies. CIG is on the level of EA except EA releases games.

I guess nothing will change. SC won't be released. SC will still manage to get money. That should stay the same for a few more years at least. Some milestone. When it passes 10 years, 11 years, 500+ million, let me know. I'll still be here laughing at such a trainwreck.
    Yeap much worse than CIG but still better than many other companies.

You'll be here alright, with another tantrum over some random insignificant issues as an excuse to obsess over the collapse of video game with the smile mask on.

No doubt about that.

Yeah I care. I don't want more games run like Star Citizen. And I do feel bad for the people duped into spending money for ships that likely wont exist for several more years as CiG is content with spending their time making smaller near clones of other ships they don't have to put any effort into.

It's ok. We all know why you "need" to defend horrible business practices.

Nah you just pretend you do to justify the hate, if you cared you wouldn't play that gacha game by principle.

And it's lovely seeing armchair dev'ing about how much effort if being put into making ships when having 0 clue about what it takes to develop them.

The idris M was not available until 2013 so at least do some basic research and all other large ships were buyable from 2013 and beyond, until the game is complete there is no rush to have the ships ingame, the super large ships need the profession they are built around in the game first before there is even a point to them.
    Are you sure? I recall it being available for a limited run back in 2012, along with the initial group of ships like the Connie, 300, Cutlass, Hornet, etc. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong; it has been nearly 10 years.

Also, you said, "the only ships that are currently not flyable are ones sold years later, so again you have no idea what your talking about." I'm simply pointing out that you are incorrect, and there are still ships from 8 years back that are still nowhere to be found. You can try to spin is however you want, but it is an undeniable fact.

I am simply pointing out that yes, there are ships that were sold 8 years ago with no sign of them being flyable, and in fact some are still in the concept stage. Please, explain to me how that is hating on the game?

Nah you just pretend you do to justify the hate, if you cared you wouldn't play that gacha game by principle.

And it's lovely seeing armchair dev'ing about how much effort if being put into making ships when having 0 clue about what it takes to develop them.
    Oh so you know my mind? Also interesting how I have said alot of negative stuff about Genshin and yet you continually defend every horrible thing about CiG and Star Citizen. But yeah keep insulting people instead of proving them wrong that's definitely going to get them to try out Star Citizen over ED or NMS or single player space games or literally anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yeah, the Reclaimer and the Vulture are salvage ships but there is no salvage gameplay in right now so they're useless. Well, I guess the Reclaimer is useful is you like flying around with a big impressive fuel guzzler that can barely fly out of atmosphere and you can't do anything else with it, then yeah it is "useful".

- - - Updated - - -

Also, some ships are in a semi-functional state. Exploration variants like the Reliant Sen, the 315p, etc, can't do any exploration because there isn't exploration gameplay yet. Ships with tractors beams, like the 315p or the Caterpillar, are sorta gimped because their gameplay was supposed to involve using the tractor beam to bring in stuff into the cargo bay, but tractor beams haven't been implemented yet. And so on.
    I have to ask cause this has been bugging me for a while, but how many ships would have to be remodeled or redesigned just to accommodate salvaging?

I am simply pointing out that yes, there are ships that were sold 8 years ago with no sign of them being flyable, and in fact some are still in the concept stage. Please, explain to me how that is hating on the game?
    Nothing was "sold", you pledge to help make the game and the game is being made. That's it. When crowdfunding you accept the waiting by default. Anyone who doesn't like the waiting, shouldn't have pledge to crowdfund a video-game.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh so you know my mind? Also interesting how I have said alot of negative stuff about Genshin and yet you continually defend every horrible thing about CiG and Star Citizen. But yeah keep insulting people instead of proving them wrong that's definitely going to get them to try out Star Citizen over ED or NMS or single player space games or literally anything else.
    Nah please stay far away from Star Citizen.

Go with Elite, they just released a new update. NMS added the Mass Effect Ship and Starfield is just around the corner.