Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    BC was very popular back in the day, and it still has a respectable place in most rankings (in these boards at least) - and both aspects are even more applicable to WotLK, so I'm quite sure that there will be a WotLK Classic.

But what I'd really like to see are MoP Classic servers. It was the only xpac I didn't play in retail.
    I've been playing since late vanilla...I just don't have much interest in classic or bc. It wasn't till WotLK that DK came out (and I miss Wrath DK) and the hybrid specs like Enhancement and Ret came into themselves and started getting great buffs and new abilities.

I just raid log in SL and poke around for fun in the current classic version, so TBC now(ish).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Stopped playing SL because I want to play World of Warcraft, so TBC classic is as close as it gets to WoW atm. Well, I wouldn´t call it a "version", what I don´t understand is why isn´t everyone playing it.. guess they dont like wow.
    Cool post.

I don't play classic/tbc because I played that over 13 years ago. The min/maxing cancer shit going on in classic is quite uninteresting. They can re-release all expansions they want, they can't bring back the community that played all those years ago. We're stuck with the twitch kids. This applies for retail too, though. But at least retail is mechanically more interesting than the old expansions.

I find it interesting how people can't seem to comprehend that people have different opinions.
    Hi

I don't play any of them except Shadowlands. It's not perfect, either, there just aren't any other worthwhile choices that I have been able to identify, and I am not interested in "classic" iterations of the game at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides SL? 0

I'm in WoW all the way since original Vanilla. While I did dabble a tiny bit in Classic when it launched, ultimately it's been there done that. I'd much rather see what's next for WoW, than try to get back in time to when I was a teen.

I only play the current version.

My take on classic, classic TBC and all that crap is the same which is basically I enjoyed playing in those times but I've moved on since then. Heck, I loved TBC but I cleared every raid in it when it was current and I achieved everything I wanted to achieve. Going back would give me 0 enjoyment.

Retail is always going to be an extension of the game I've always played but the 'classic' versions are IMO only designed for the people who don't care about a main character or put any weight on the time invested into a character.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    So many other games to play, and i am gonna play the game i played in 2005-2008 ..Yeah no.

I only know of one person thats really excited for TBC and was really excited for Classic (many others i know played it, but non-seriously and they abandoned it quickly en masse), the guy that loves games where Time spent online/grinding > Skill because he cant accept how average he is and not good at all.

He is the type that thinks someone getting Rank 14 is a PvPer with more skill that arena players in retail, that type.

So yes, laughing stock basically, its why i cant take people that play any sort of Classic WoW version seriously, game is so irrelevantly terrible for 2021 that i simply dont understand how someone can waste their time on it, yes maybe a few hours when it was/is (for TBC) fresh with a group of friends for some HC dungeons and shizzle, but actually bothering further than that..you really have to be a mental case like my familiar/"friend".

You have misunderstood WW Classic 100%. WoW Classic is about time spent with other people, not skill or challenges. If you don't like playing with a tight knit community, then stick with assassins creed.

i play 99% retail . tried classic - was super garbage stopped leveling at like level 23

trying tbc now - its still complete garbage just like i rememebr - but still beating runing the same instance for 124123 on +N difficulty.

boosted mage - thats the toon i will play on tbc launch just enough to enjoy initial hc dungeons - leveling baby lock too but already on lvl 11 game is sooo bad thats its hard to describe compare to retail

shame they dont just sell char boost for classic and tbc - it would allow people to skip the worse most outdated part - aka leveling. there is nothing fun at killing 1 mob at a time because i run out of mana if i pull 2 on low levels . booring garbage mechanics fit only for 2007 game.\

i would rather they dont wasnte netiehr time nor resources on 15 year old version of game only released liek 10 additional dungeons and 5 raids for each expansion in retail.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-05-22 at 11:45 AM.

This. Not interested in 10+ year old content i already played. Plus BC sucked ass the first time, so why play it again?
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    You have misunderstood WW Classic 100%. WoW Classic is about time spent with other people, not skill or challenges. If you don't like playing with a tight knit community, then stick with assassins creed.
    I never misunderstood anything, i dont understand the need for socializing online because i socialize in real life, despite that, the people i socialize in real life, play WoW also, so yes, my tight knit community in WoW is these 5-10 IRL people along with 5-10 e-friends and we have been doing fine for the last 6 years.

So, i am pretty much 10000% more social than you actually are both in games and outside, kinda goes with Mediterranean mentality, it doesnt rain or its -10C all year around so we actually leave our houses.

Anyone using the cheap excuse of social and community is just to hide the fact they are not good enough at something which warranties other people wanting to waste their time at that something with you.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-05-22 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If I take the number of WoW versions beside SL that I play, and add 1 for SL, that should give the total number of WoW versions I play.

So, the answer is -1.
    Shouldnt that be zero?

Playing TBC. Don't know that I'll go back to Shadowlands. Might just wait for 10.0 in retail and stick with TBC Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Shouldnt that be zero?
    It would still be one, even if he played neither SL nor any other, since the way he worded it does not factor in if he actually plays SL and instead adds a flat modifier of +1 to any value. So he would need to anti-play 2 versions of the game, however that would work .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Playing TBC. Don't know that I'll go back to Shadowlands. Might just wait for 10.0 in retail and stick with TBC Classic.
    My thoughts as well. I never thought I'd be saying this, but even the turd of BfA was better than SL (so far). At least it didn't stink that badly
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    This. Not interested in 10+ year old content i already played. Plus BC sucked ass the first time, so why play it again?
    Careful you dont cut yourself on all those edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    My thoughts as well. I never thought I'd be saying this, but even the turd of BfA was better than SL (so far). At least it didn't stink that badly
    Yeah, sad to see it's gotten point. I thoroughly enjoyed shadowlands while I was playing it, but got bored within 2 months. It blows my mind to think that I could come back after 5 months of not playing and still have nothing new to do. It feels like we're in the lull period between x-packs already lol

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I never misunderstood anything, i dont understand the need for socializing online because i socialize in real life, despite that, the people i socialize in real life, play WoW also, so yes, my tight knit community in WoW is these 5-10 IRL people along with 5-10 e-friends and we have been doing fine for the last 6 years.

So, i am pretty much 10000% more social than you actually are both in games and outside, kinda goes with Mediterranean mentality, it doesnt rain or its -10C all year around so we actually leave our houses.

Anyone using the cheap excuse of social and community is just to hide the fact they are not good enough at something which warranties other people wanting to waste their time at that something with you.
    I also want to be a mediterranean(or, Medi Terran, hoho, awesome Starcraft joke) Boring to live here in the north with snow and cold climate. Why couldnt my parents be spanish, greek or italian?!!

Off topic? Neh.

Brrrrr...*blanket on*
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-05-23 at 05:21 AM.

I haven't done raids, even part-time fill in raiding, since Naxx Wrath. I haven't done real PvP since Arenas in TBC ended for Wrath. I've become a super-casual player and thus I play WoW as solo as much as I can. That includes Vanilla...err...Classic and TBCC. Most of my days and time are spent on playing Fortnite with my 15yo daughter, a long game of Civ 5/6, some DOS XCom, or whatever other game I can casually pick up and drop.

WoW has been consistent, though, since my wife and I met in WoW in '05, got married, and moved to the armpit of the world in Florida. Been there ever since. Been playing WoW on and off ever since. I prefer crafting and leveling my professions, collecting bullshit items for achievements, etc. Whatever piques my interest from day to day whilest recovering from a heart attack I had a few months ago.

Played Shadowlands for 2 months and then ran out of things I wanted to do. Went back to Classic and jump on retail when friends want to do some mythic+ and sometimes join guild for Raid. Mostly just been leveling allied races on retail and Alts on classic.

I cant play multiple games at once. I stick with classic for now.