Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If blizzard wants people to be engaged with the world, the world has to be engaging.
    That is just as much a player thing as it is a Blizzard thing. To me Grizzly hills was an empty boring forest that is barely a footnote on the WotLK experience. If it wasn't for the PvP area it likely wouldn't have even been that. But I feel the Shadowlands zones a lot more. Taste is subjective and there is no way Blizzard can design around players that just don't like the current design when it isn't objectively bad.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    F
    Bastion is probably the most empty and "soulless lol" feeling zone blizzard has ever made.
    Well, there is supposedly a souls drought, maybe Blizz took the RP part a lil' too far

But more on topic, I concur about the SL zones being just... meh. I simply can't bring myself to care about them, unlike most of BC, MoP or even WoD zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Gotta disagree again. The only people who lacked for things to do were the "X I don't like isn't content" people. Which is sadly far too many. I've only ever played one toon, and there was more than enough world content to keep me busy. Most people just chose not to do it then did the intellectually dishonest thing and pretended and claimed to others that it didn't exist.
    ok, please enlighten me what max level world content was there to do in wod, bcs until 6.2 and Tanaan (which didnt really add much) there was the garrison q to go somewhere and kill stuff until you fill the bar, rares and treasures (most of which you could and should tackle during leveling) and thats it... i honestly cant remember any other world content

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    No it isn't. Not quite. And you can still play classic/classic TBC if you want an old school environment.
    Blizzard catering to casuals also hurt the "MMO" aspect of the game as well. Because in order to make it easier you need to take out the "team work" part needed in much of the outside game.
    Easy dungeons with auto que's.
    4 versions of the same raid and ONE of them you don't even need to talk to anybody.

You aren't going to get that old school MMO back unless you play an old school MMO and even then it won't be exactly the same since it's been played and everything needed to be discovered...has already been discovered.
    While it's not a lobby game, in Vanilla you never needed any teamwork until it came to dungeons, raids, and some elite quests(heavily class dependent). Leveling was easily soloable. Outside of being able to queue for teamwork stuffs, nothingnis really any different.

WoW was designed to be solo friendly. Then you hit 60 and ran into only group activities left stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I think there's a huge problem facing the MMORPG genre, and that is that it exploded into popularity so hard with WoW's over-success that it attracted so many types of players who's fun is entirely compartmentalized and couldn't care less about the overarching game world. They either raid, do some dungeons, or PvP, or collect things. Roleplaying and socialization aspects have been taking a backseat for years now, it's nothing new and I won't bore you with more talk on this.

I had a thought, though, and it's pretty sad because I'm probably completely on the mark here. I think if someone came out with a new type of sub-MMO genre that completely eschewed the world out of it, it would be really successful and suck up a lot of these types.

Imagine logging into a game where all that's offered is a chat lobby with chat channels, a friends list, and the ability to queue up for different types of content. Raids are there, dungeons are there, PvP arenas are there, Battlegrounds are there, they have all their usual bells and whistles with the multiple difficulties for some and achievement hunting etc. You could literally relegate old world mog farming to a gacha type of game and people wouldn't notice a difference. When you queue up for a raid with other people, of course you zone into the actual 3D instance of the raid and do that as you normally would. Same with dungeons, arenas, battlegrounds, etc.

Leveling and professions could be entirely removed and the beginning of the game starts you out with some basic gear and a training mode scenario to learn the class. The game is just about farming loot so you can farm harder difficulties and get achievements, pets, mounts, and mogs etc.

People wouldn't hardly notice a difference and would play this kind of game possibly even more than they would WoW.
    1001 thread by a person not playing WoW anymore, or who wants to quit and tries to motivate us to stop 2 or makes his quiting legit.
    Leave if you want to leave. Or stay out if you do not like it anymore.

Several problems with your idea/opinion.

- only chat/friend/queue: we like it because we can do a lot of other stuff to do. Old raids, gather pets. Getting rare mounts/etc from stuff. If everyone is the same it is boring. But even more so, it loose part of its background/flavor. Your meal in a blender is also the same as your normal meal. but their is a reason why we all do not eat baby food.

- Leveling and proffesions are things some people like to do 2. I like to level. See different content. Sometimes go on a RP server for fun. So again. You act like no one likes it etc.

they would notice. And btw....with your logic and metric sh*t ton of games would not be played because people would not notice anything. If it is just pvp and getting everything from the start.

WoW is liked because people like to do group stuff. But also to run old group stuff solo, get pets, mounts etc from different sources. level, transmogh, make money on the AH. Make money in game doing World stuff to pay for their subscription etc etc etc.

So in short:
    You say everyone wants baby food, and they would not notice if we made a normal meal into baby food.
    And that we only like to eat in a group. And do not want to work for our food. or chose what to eat/cook what we like to eat.

Guess what some of us like to cook, shop, eat solo or sometimes in groups. Enjoy a meal etc etc etc

But agian, if you want to QUIT feel free, if you already have...stop going on the forums to cry about it.

Man they should really make a forum category on this forum called: I do not like wow/ want to quit it. And put al these threads in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    no it's not. It just gives people the option to treat it like that. That's why it's still successful
    yup 100% agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    WoW players want to care about the world, but the developers aren't making it interesting. Look at a game like ESO for good outdoor world design.
    and also 100% agree. it could be much better.

Hard to care about 'the world in WOW' when you zone in the new exciting expansion and you are the one, given a awesome legendary weapon right from the start, lead the important characters of your class, granted powers from GOD like beings to defeat other GOD like beings.

Then you are back to earth in a space ship witness the stabbing of the planet and you are asked to help the planet, oh wait, no you go kill ALLIANCE! and then get somebody who broke the fourth wall and say it in your face 'you are nothing'.

OK I really don't care. Legend was a lie, I am nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    Then you are back to earth in a space ship witness the stabbing of the planet and you are asked to help the planet, oh wait, no you go kill ALLIANCE! and then get somebody who broke the fourth wall and say it in your face 'you are nothing'. OK I really don't care. Legend was a lie, I am nothing.
    The characters we play have been heroes since the beginning of the game. They didn't become nobodies after defeating Sargeras we just no longer needed to be the battlefield commanders and moved on to new threats. It is pretty clear in both Battle for Azeroth and Shadowlands that we are far from nobodies. Shadowlands even sets us up as unique from the get go with being the Mawwalker.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ok, please enlighten me what max level world content was there to do in wod, bcs until 6.2 and Tanaan (which didnt really add much) there was the garrison q to go somewhere and kill stuff until you fill the bar, rares and treasures (most of which you could and should tackle during leveling) and thats it... i honestly cant remember any other world content
    Let's see. The Highmaul and BRF raids. A pet daily in each zone. Keeping your barn and other buildings stocked. The Ty'jin daily. The Harrison daily. The apexis daily. Then you could buy more apexis dailies to farm more crystals for cosmetics and/or trigger the garrison invasions. Which then had a chance to drop the items for the garrison raid invasion. Then there was your daily heroic for resources. The mythic dungeons across the week for gear. Eiter Drov or the genesaur in Gorgrond and Rukhmar once a week. Ashran. At least one rare in each zone that dropped a mount to camp. Then the rep grinds to exalted for the cosmetics there.

The last patch added like 5 more apexis dailies. 3 new reps to grind. 3 rares in Highmaul that dropped resources and pets. 5+ rares in Tanaan that drops resources and toys. Another 4 rares that dropped oil and mounts. Tanaan alone had over a dozen pet battle challenges. And the HFC raid. And the challenge modes.

And that's completely ignoring the side stuff like archaeology for goodies, hunting down side quests you missed levelling, super rares like the sunhide gronnling and voidstar talon.

So on my one toon I log in, get my missions going. Collect from my barn, garden, and mine. Go Nagrand, restock my barn, do the tamer there, kill the rares in Highmaul for resources and pets. Cycle around and do the other tamers while keeping an eye on mount rare locations. Do the Ty'jin and Harrison dailies. At some point queue for my random. Head to Tanaan for the dozen plus pet challenges, the rares behind the portal, the one inside HFC, the 4 who drop mounts, the 5 apexis zones, do some saberstalker grinding. Then across the week fit in the world bosses, mythics, the raid, garrison invasions/bosses, and other weekly things.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The Highmaul and BRF raids.

you obviously dont know what WORLD CONTENT means...

things that actualy are world content in that essay you wrote could be shortened to "daily quests and rares"... and as i said most rares could be tackled while leveling, so the world content was indeed lacking...

15+ Year Old Account
    things that actualy are world content in that essay you wrote could be shortened to "daily quests and rares"... and as i said most rares could be tackled while leveling, so the world content was indeed lacking...
    Were past expansions lacking? Because their content could be shortened to "Daily quests and rares" just as easily. It wasn't a lack of content that plagued WoD but the design of that content.

you obviously dont know what WORLD CONTENT means...

So in short you completely ignored what I wrote and simply replaced it in your mind with what you wanted me to say so you could say I was wrong. And then followed it up with a completely fallacious statement that, again, supported your agenda. Glad to know this "discussion" was a waste of time on my part since you obviously aren't interested in discussion, just going "u wrong."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Were past expansions lacking? Because their content could be shortened to "Daily quests and rares" just as easily. It wasn't a lack of content that plagued WoD but the design of that content.
    What was wrong with the design? Daily kill rares that dropped useful currencies with a chance at additional goodies like pets, and toys you could farm every day? Or the tougher to find one or two rares per zone who dropped mounts? I wasted half the past week discussing this with Lolites above but they have their ears closed.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.