Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Speaking of Jewish people, I am really curious if, similar to how in Israel Arabs and even Palestinians living in Gaza and the West Bank can buy property and collect rent from tenants and even own land and operate Mosques (Even getting free money and paid by the State to do so), are Jews allowed to buy land and own property and collect rent and even receive a government stipend for running a Synagogue in the West Bank or Gaza? I am curious how a "Non-Ethno-State" "Non-Apartied" state of Palestine operates in those matters.
    We don't know, as Israel won't allow Palestine to become a state.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell you what we do. Once they actually get to be a state we ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    also who cares? who cares? who. cares. if a Palestinian state treats its Jewish citizens the way Israel treats it's Arab citizens then that doesn't make what they do magically moral or correct. this isn't a gotcha question. holy crap get something else to focus about while excusing Israel being an apartheid state.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Surely Gaza and the PLA have issued rulings and decisions, I mean Gaza is internally self governing and Hamas is a government of sorts. So Abbas for example increased the penalty of selling land to Israeli's, and there is a punishable by death statute for selling land to Israeli's. While about 93.5 percent of the land is unavailable for private ownership in Israel, I've yet to find a source that suggests an Arab cannot buy land nor a law that declares it a crime punishable by death or hard labor to sell land to one. In fact, even non-Israeli citizens, Arab foreigners in fact, Arabs from Jordan (A country were it is formerly illegal for Jews to buy things) can buy land in Israel. Palestinians even, in Gaza and the West Bank in fact can buy land and own it, and charge rent, and collect that rent and even evict tenants, Jewish tenants even, for not paying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    also who cares? who cares? who. cares. if a Palestinian state treats its Jewish citizens the way Israel treats it's Arab citizens then that doesn't make what they do magically moral or correct. this isn't a gotcha question. holy crap get something else to focus about while excusing Israel being an apartheid state.
    That is kinda wild, cause the Israeli State lets its Arab citizens, and hell even Arabs who aren't citizens buy and own land and charge rent and collect that rent and even evict people for not paying, even if the tenant is Jewish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Surely Gaza and the PLA have issued rulings and decisions, I mean Gaza is internally self governing and Hamas is a government of sorts. So Abbas for example increased the penalty of selling land to Israeli's, and there is a punishable by death statute for selling land to Israeli's. While about 93.5 percent of the land is unavailable for private ownership in Israel, I've yet to find a source that suggests an Arab cannot buy land nor a law that declares it a crime punishable by death or hard labor to sell land to one. In fact, even non-Israeli citizens, Arab foreigners in fact, Arabs from Jordan (A country were it is formerly illegal for Jews to buy things) can buy land in Israel. Palestinians even, in Gaza and the West Bank in fact can buy land and own it, and charge rent, and collect that rent and even evict tenants, Jewish tenants even, for not paying.

- - - Updated - - -

That is kinda wild, cause the Israeli State lets its Arab citizens, and hell even Arabs who aren't citizens buy and own land and charge rent and collect that rent and even evict people for not paying, even if the tenant is Jewish.
    How kind of them, they allow Arabs to own land. That's just so good of them. Thx!

7+ Year Old Account
    How kind of them, they allow Arabs to own land. That's just so good of them. Thx!
    Well how do the non-Racist Palestinians do it? I mean, they in a rather seemingly Apartheid way forbid certain nationalities from owning property. Because I guess racist Apartheid is when people of different races and religions can buy and sell land to one another. So to be Non-Racist and Not an Apartheid we have to keep certain kinds of people from owning property?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Well how do the non-Racist Palestinians do it? I mean, they in a rather seemingly Aparteid way forbid certain nationalities from owning property. Because I guess racist Apartheid is when people of different races and religions can buy and sell land to one another. So to be Non-Racist and Not an Apartheid we have to keep certain kinds of people from owning property?
    Usually they don't have much of a voice in the matter. If Israeli settlers want something, they usually get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post

Banging piece of journalism. If this is unreliable and unbalanced news, give me more. Because it's of a far higher quality than anything else.
    It does use some biased statements on its own though. Like calling the Palenstians "ingenious" people. But so does everything else.
    Neither side in this is really a good guy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Usually they don't have much of a voice in the matter. If Israeli settlers want something, they usually get it.
    Huh, so it is wrong for a race excluded from buying things by law and statute from violating that law, and that, Isn't apartheid? or is?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Honestly, is stuff that happened a thousand years ago really that relevant to what's been going on in the past few decades? Atrocities committed against a group in the past is no justification for atrocities that group commits today. Seems very simple to me. It may make the people doing that shit (and those cheering them on from the sidelines) feel better about themselves...but that's about it.
    Not really. But you have to have some context and historical inaccuracies do not help. Helps to explain why each side does not get along, who lived where, and who the people are, and such.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    It does use some biased statements on its own though. Like calling the Palenstians "ingenious" people. But so does everything else.
    Neither side in this is really a good guy.
    I maintain some people's view of indigenous is entirely divorced from the words meaning.

Huh, so it is wrong for a race excluded from buying things by law and statute from violating that law, and that, Isn't apartheid? or is?
    I don't know what you're going for but are you seriously going to raise the topic of land ownership, legality and fairness, in favour of Israel?

"The Israeli government’s policy of boxing in Palestinian communities extends beyond the West Bank and Gaza to Palestinian towns and villages inside Israel, Human Rights Watch said today. The policy discriminates against Palestinian citizens of Israel and in favor of Jewish citizens, sharply restricting Palestinians’ access to land for housing to accommodate natural population growth.

Decades of land confiscations and discriminatory planning policies have confined many Palestinian citizens to densely populated towns and villages that have little room to expand. Meanwhile, the Israeli government nurtures the growth and expansion of neighboring predominantly Jewish communities, many built on the ruins of Palestinian villages destroyed in 1948. "

Israeli don't need to buy land in gaza or the west bank, they just build in it if they please. And when it comes down to jerusalem, just send Jacob Fauci to steal some houses.

- - - Updated - - -

I maintain some people's view of indigenous is entirely divorced from the words meaning.
    Yeah it's usually people that are born there and have been there for a good while. Unlike Jacob Fauci and people like him.
    Palestinians are more indigenous than Jacob Fauci, let's put it this way.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what you're going for but are you seriously going to raise the topic of land ownership, legality and fairness, in favour of Israel?
    I raise it because in one State anyone can lease and buy land, even foreigners, even foreigners from hostile countries whose governments and leaders have vowed to exterminate the population, that State being Israel. In the other State sell of land to undesired nationalities is punishable by death or hard labor. I just need clarification, which defines an Apartheid?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Care to point to the laws that prevents foreigners from buying land in Gaza? Meanwhile, Gaza is basically an open air prison thanks to Egypt and Israel’s blockade.
    what they're saying is since Hamas or whomever won't allow for certain people to buy land in Gaza, which gets stolen regardless means that no. you fools, you plebs, it's those horrible no good people living in a bombed out open air prison that are running the real apartheid state! it's so dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Israel has offered Palestinians a two state solution many times.

I raise it because in one State anyone can lease and buy land, even foreigners, even foreigners from hostile countries whose governments and leaders have vowed to exterminate the population, that State being Israel. In the other State sell of land to undesired nationalities is punishable by death or hard labor. I just need clarification, which defines an Apartheid?
    I guess any society where there are different rules, either de facto or unofficially for different people. Like Israel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    No that's just false.

Israel offers land ownership because it’s got a fuck ton of it AND it’s trying to encourage foreign direct investment into the country. Palestine doesn’t really have much land for its own people, so where is it going to offer it to outsiders from? Furthermore, many many countries worldwide have restrictions on land ownership by foreign citizens. This isn’t an alien concept. Boxing people into an open air prison is definitely an alien concept to most people, except those who support an apartheid state.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-05-24 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Israel has consistently and universally rejected any two-state solution. Where are you getting this from?

The UN has been trying to push a resolution regarding a two-state solution since the early '70s. The consistent opposers, out of an otherwise near-universal agreement, are the United States and Israel; the most recent iteration in November 2013 passed 165 to 6. With the USA and Israel as part of the 6.

The PLO, on the other hand, was open to the possibility as early as the mid-70s, and Palestinian leadership has largely embraced the concept since the early '80s.

You have this precisely backwards somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Israel has consistently and universally rejected any two-state solution. Where are you getting this from?

The UN has been trying to push a resolution regarding a two-state solution since the early '70s. The consistent opposers, out of an otherwise near-universal agreement, are the United States and Israel; the most recent iteration in November 2013 passed 165 to 6. With the USA and Israel as part of the 6.

The PLO, on the other hand, was open to the possibility as early as the mid-70s, and Palestinian leadership has largely embraced the concept since the early '80s.

You have this precisely backwards somehow.
    Once, I believe, Israeli government offered (not openly) a quasi Palestinian state where Palestinians weren't allowed to control there own border, have a army and weren't allowed to sign treaties with other countries without approval from Israel.
    Whatever the offer was it wasn't really a sovereign state but you have people using that single offer often as excuse that Israel wants peace while Palestinians just want war.

- - - Updated - - -

If those foreigners are Jewish sure....they can buy whatever they want because Israel has a entire system in place that allows for the removal of Palestinians and selling that land to Jewish settlers regardless if those settlers have any claim or not.

Worst part is ofc that your using a made up argument that not even the most hard core defenders of Israel will use. I mean, they will be proud that Palestinians are being treated as 2e class citizens.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess any society where there are different rules, either de facto or unofficially for different people. Like Israel.
    Different rules like, Arabs can lease government land at a discount versus Jews? Like Israel for example?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    If those foreigners are Jewish sure....they can buy whatever they want because Israel has a entire system in place that allows for the removal of Palestinians and selling that land to Jewish settlers regardless if those settlers have any claim or not.

Worst part is ofc that your using a made up argument that not even the most hard core defenders of Israel will use. I mean, they will be proud that Palestinians are being treated as 2e class citizens.
    Arabs and Jews can and do both purchase land, there is no legal statute against Arabs, even non-Citizen Arabs buying or leasing land in Israel, what are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’d like evidence that that’s even true though.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_land_laws

https://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6a9f730.html
    "Unlawful killings, including possible extrajudicial executions, continued to occur. Three land-dealers were found dead during May after the Minister of Justice, Freih Abu Middein, announced that the Palestinian Authority would begin applying a Jordanian law which provided for the death penalty for those convicted of selling land to Jews."

In case anyone actually wants fact, which seems rare in this thread.