Thread: [FILM] Eternals

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Interesting. Colors in the forum just changed on me.
    Its the Overwatch colors, we get automatically into the OW news site it seems.

On topic:

So, The Eternal Thrones it is.

I hate this " We were hidden... until now " trope. It usually makes no sense.

Wonder Woman hid during World War 2? How could she do nothing during such a dark time?

The Eternals were in hiding while Thanos was murdering half the universe? What the shit?

If those aren't events that make you come out of hiding you're just a shit person.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Its the Overwatch colors, we get automatically into the OW news site it seems.
    Ah! Thank you!

Looks cool, makes me wonder who the villain might be that could challenge them, but I must say... you know Marvel is doing something right when they make a movie about one of their most obscure ass, D-list titles and have all the confidence in the world to know it'll very likely succeed on their track record alone. Bravo.

The Eternals would be the equivalent of Warner Bros. making a Booster Gold movie and going "yeah, we know we're going to blow you away. What."

7+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, this look highly lackluster and bland (like, grey/brown colours everywhere). Also doesn't help that struggles of some super powerful galactic race are just not very appealing to me.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Why the cosplay costumes though? Gah

Looks pretty meh. Feels like a big budget Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Yeah, but I mean... they were wrong. The Avengers failed, bad, half the universe died. Years later they undid stuff, causing all sorts of additional weirdness.
    Hopefully they at least include a throw-away line that they were barred from interference by Celestial Interference, which got disabled with the Snap or something.
    Or, they needed something like the Snap to happen, something that would have affected them as much as anyone else, in order to decide to get directly involved.

And, if they were just playing behind the scenes guides to humanity, it's likely they wouldn't even really know what Thanos was doing until after he had already done it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why do they care that half of everyone died? They’ve watched more than that die in their lifetimes already.
    Presumably, they would have been as affected by the snap anyone else...meaning half of them would have just disappeared. Something like that would probably be enough to make them think about their policy of non-interference.

The thumbnail of all of them in their costumes is too funny to me.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Seems like there's a lot of them, so I'm guessing a good half of them only exist to die for some emotional impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Looks cool, makes me wonder who the villain might be that could challenge them, but I must say... you know Marvel is doing something right when they make a movie about one of their most obscure ass, D-list titles and have all the confidence in the world to know it'll very likely succeed on their track record alone. Bravo.

The Eternals would be the equivalent of Warner Bros. making a Booster Gold movie and going "yeah, we know we're going to blow you away. What."
    An actually good booster gold movie would be so awesome.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    After End Game the MCU is kinda been dead to me. I haven't watched anything that's followed, (mainly because I do not own Disney+) No fault of the franchise, I am just kind of tired with it all now, and this Trailer doesn't peak my interest at all.

I do feel the MCU has just overstayed it's welcome now and it should just stop and end. But hey, it;s still making hella bank, so no sign of slowing yet. cow wont milk itself.

The Trailer for this movie just proves it. Talk about no interest.

still hope you all enjoy the MCU going forward. I been sitting it all out from End Game on.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-05-24 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well its unlikely related to thanos,and what else could be worse than destroying half the life in the universe? meh likely someone thats planing to do all of it i guess hah
    Thanos is an Eternal and is related by blood to Thena (who will be played by Angelina Jolie )
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can go into this with an open mind. I'm vaguely familiar with the Eternals, not showing up until Thanos is kind of funny though. That's how humans with a little bit of sense tell you to screw off - unless the story is earlier but I haven't read a synopsis.

Pantheon that practically useless in a crisis and gets humbled. I would watch that story.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a teaser for a reason.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

im excited to see Jon Snow aka Kitt harrington playing Dane Whitman aka the Black Knight. He is like Tony Stark but with horses and swords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

From the little I know of the Eternals there isn’t a reason to assume they’d be affected the same way.
    There's no reason to assume they wouldn't be. They're alive. Thanos removed half of all life. Kinda meets the criteria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    im excited to see Jon Snow aka Kitt harrington playing Dane Whitman aka the Black Knight. He is like Tony Stark but with horses and swords.
    So...nothing like Tony Stark then :P

This looks like one of the few mcu movies I have no set intention of seeing.

IDK, he was killing off half of species that were reproducing into a perceived population crisis. Is that true of the Eternals? From what I know there aren't exactly a lot of them and they rarely have new ones showing up.
    There was a nod made to the birds chirping I believe it was in Endgame after the un-snap so it would follow that it wasn’t just sentient dominant species.

Hmmm if someone had a tapeworm would there be a 50/50 shot of it going away post-snap? Or does it only count a host...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this film will reveal the next (potential) big bad guy/girl of the franchise... if they even do another overarching villain that spans multiple films.