Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

WoW not doing too well on twitch

Despite the prepatch release WoW seems to be pretty low on the twitch popularity list. How does this compare to when Classic launched?

Just 65.7 K viewers right now for example.

Maybe Asmongold should play while in a hot tub.

Oh no. What ever will we do.

Didn't Asmon alone have 100k during launch day?

But yeah it's not big on twitch, only a few fairly big names like Asmon and Soda that boosts the numbers now and then. Aside from that it's usually really low viewership, especially since they decided all official content should be streamed on YouTube over Twitch.

Obviously you can't compare classic launch with tbc prepatch. Tbc launch will probably be pretty big not not nearly as big as vanilla which was pretty huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing interesting to watch in the pre-patch except leveling a BE or Draenei wait until launch with all the madness that will go on in Hellfire

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Despite the prepatch release WoW seems to be pretty low on the twitch popularity list. How does this compare to when Classic launched?

cause the prepatch has literally nothing new... so yeah people arnt gunna watch it...
    we will see how it is come launch of TBC
    also the whole thing that a lot of people watched classic cause they couldnt log in, also it quickly fell off, aswell as the fact tbc is gunna be a lot less "big" then classic was.

10+ Year Old Account

Holey moley, WoW is surely dying.

Let's not speak about how dominant WoW has been on Twitch during any other consecutive period, and only make a thread about it the instant it starts to dip.

@Selvari7 what do you think about it? Do you have any actual opinions on this?

Oh no!

Anyway...

Lots of people will have played Classic to see what it was all about if they didn't play back in the day. Some of those people won't stick around for expansions. TBC was my favourite expansion; played it for four years on private servers after clearing all content on live when it released.

I have zero intention of watching the content, playing the content or talking about it. It's still my favourite expansion and I did go back and level in Classic... but that's all I did as I wanted the original levelling experience. No point in living in the past if there's no challenge or surprise coming from the content.

The main cause of it not doing well on Twitch though is probably simply because it's not the release. I don't really think any of the pre-patch events for expansions have been exciting.

WoW isn't really a watchable game.

It is just prepatch in which many big WoW streamers have literally nothing do to unless you play 'new' class.
    WoW is HORRIBLE game to stream for long periods too.

Gosh, I guess you'll have to stop playing.

What would streamers even do during prepatch to hold audience attention?

Can't really do transmog/mount offs.

WoW is not a good game to play in a hot tub, and since most players are guys its pretty hard for them to rake in the views.

Outside big events, WoW isn't on a day to day basis very high on twitch. Only some big streamers have their numbers up, but mostly it would be because of the personalities rather then the game.
    When classic lauched there were some huge views on twitch and when the mage got "World First 60" (jokerD i think was his name) his stream got up to 150k viewers.
    To be fair some people were probably watching on 2nd monitor while they were waiting to get in to the servers because of the huge queues.
    The numbers should pickup a bit when TBCC goes live for about a week or so. Then go back to the usual numbers.

WoW is very very very boring to watch on Twitch btw. But that really doesn't mean much.

Pre-patch release doesn't really provide anything except the 2 low lvl areas. Why would there be interest?

You want to measure Dark Portal opening, not pre-patch release.

And even then ... it isn't exicting to watch someone quest or dungeon boost.

If that means that WoW is dying once again, does that mean that the totalitarian state simulator FF14 with 13,5k viewers is stone-dead? [WoW has 73,6K viewers right now]

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait until there is 2 viewers so we can finally play in peace

10+ Year Old Account

The streaming scene is limited, honestly.

Either watch someone replay an easier version of the old days, or watch someone re-run content until the next patch.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..