Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Booster hate versus LFG channel...

Anyone else find it ironic that the LFG channel is 99% people paying for "boosted" leveling and yet everyone in the game seems to be throwing shade at everyone that used a paid boost? lol Is paying for gold farmers to level you somehow more honorable than dropping $40?

What kills me is either way you are paying someone else to level your character.

You can make up any kind of ideology and attach it to a deed to justify any kind of action. I've already heard takes on the internet that paying someone for boosting is better because it's player driven economy and paying for player-provided services or some other bullshit like that.

Personally I think that officially bought boosts are better because you are directly supporting the company making the game by buying the boost, and not a 3rd party illegal site that sells the gold and some random asshole who happens to be playing a good boosting class and has too much time on their hands.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-05-25 at 11:05 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    What kills me is either way you are paying someone else to level your character.
    That's exactly what I mean. You even see people whining about it in LFG "stupid booster 58s!" sandwiched in-between people selling sets of SM and ZG runs.

Also, what happened to AV? Alliance used to win that all of the time now it's like 1/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You can make up any kind of ideology and attach it to a deed to justify any kind of action. I've already heard takes on the internet that paying someone for boosting is better because it's player driven economy and paying for player-provided services or some other bullshit like that.

Personally I think that officially bought boosts are better because you are directly supporting the company making the game by buying the boost, and not a 3rd party illegal site that sells the gold and some random asshole who happens to be playing a good boosting class and has too much time on their hands.
    You're supporting a pay to win monetization scheme as well.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    It’s almost like the player base has decided that the leveling experience is dog shit, the journey is a lie, and what matters is spending time with people you like playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    It’s almost like the player base has decided that the leveling experience is dog shit, the journey is a lie, and what matters is spending time with people you like playing with.
    I think even that is iffy. Most of the people I've played with were already doing so in retail. More than a few dozen came and went over the years, almost transparently trying to start drama or lootwhore. In fact, I'm beginning to think what matters is epeen flex. And the market between retail and classic WoW gold.

1). It's a video game. If my little sister was to log into my account and finish a dungeon for me, does that make me a bad person? How does that differ from someone getting paid $20 to do the same thing? It really doesn't...

2). I don't see really how it's anyone's business what you do with a "subscription" service that you are paying for.

Reguardless, if I did buy a boost for $, I sure in the hell wouldn't do it from one of the spammers on LFG/trade chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

So in other words its better to give Jeff Bezos a free lottery tkt rather an ordinary person. Activision/ Blizzard is an increasingly despised company because of their insatiable greed and consistent bleeding of the player for more $$$ Seriously do you think $40 to Blizzard makes any kind of difference to a 9 billion $ company.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    What kills me is people worrying about boosting in general. It has almost zero impact on your game even if you choose not to admit it. Further it potentially would impact it in a more positive way than any other way because there isn't random LFG pugs based on a button you push to Q up. I mean of all the things people could spend time on worrying about boosting isn't one of them.

If it's outside of your control or doesn't impact you in anyway why in the fk would people give it this much thought and worry? Maybe I am missing something, enlighten me please.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you win?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    So in other words its better to give Jeff Bezos a free lottery tkt rather an ordinary person. Activision/ Blizzard is an increasingly despised company because of their insatiable greed and consistent bleeding of the player for more $$$ Seriously do you think $40 to Blizzard makes any kind of difference to a 9 billion $ company.
    Yes, those $40 transactions are how they get to a 9bil $ company. But that being said why does it matter? They're a company and they are in business to make money. But they give you a way outside of the subscription base to avoid spending another dime on the game outside of your time. It's a decision you get to make, not forced upon you, not game breaking, nothing really negative comes from boosting in all honesty.

Think the boosters suck at the game? Don't play with them
    Don't like the company making more money outside of their subscription fee? Don't give them another dime.
    Don't like the option being there in the first place? Don't use it or stop playing the game?

I don't understand this thought process.

It's a decision you get to make, not forced upon you, not game breaking, nothing really negative comes from boosting in all honesty.
    This sort of logic will get you flayed. We already have people bitching about a piddly $15 sub and "not getting what they deserve". Maybe that's where the hate stems from; $40 is apparently a ton of money to people who whine about $15/month.

I honestly wish the LFG channel was 99% dungeon boosters paying for carries for xp, at least then it would be legit LFG related stuff. Old Blanchy LFG is just politics and trolls most of the time, it's infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    This sort of logic will get you flayed. We already have people bitching about a piddly $15 sub and "not getting what they deserve". Maybe that's where the hate stems from; $40 is apparently a ton of money to people who whine about $15/month.
    Maybe, and in all honesty I'm not trying to spread the hate further. It just honestly makes zero sense to me. But yea, they are a company and if someone pays them money for a service, any service honestly it's nothing to worry about. If it actually was pay to win then it would matter but it isn't.

I'll trade you. What you describe is Whitemane's LFG. At least I might glean some perspective over political chat or learn some new trolling methodologies on Old Blanchy. Instead I basically have the retail version of trade chat.

Ugh whitemanes lfg is the new barrens chat if its not retards spewing its boosters. finding a legit group is nearly non exsistant

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Ugh whitemanes lfg is the new barrens chat if its not retards spewing its boosters. finding a legit group is nearly non exsistant
    I'm hoping that will change with TBC. At least for the first year or so. Unless they open boosting for additional characters and then it should all but go away until before Wrath. It's a lot easier to just level questing in TBC than it is in Vanilla...a lot.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely glad that Bloodsail never had boosting catch on to the degree it did on other servers. Being a backwater for RPers and Hardcore players helps with that. See a couple here and there but mostly it's people trying to find a boost not people trying to sell boosts.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    1). It's a video game. If my little sister was to log into my account and finish a dungeon for me, does that make me a bad person? How does that differ from someone getting paid $20 to do the same thing? It really doesn't...

2). I don't see really how it's anyone's business what you do with a "subscription" service that you are paying for.

Reguardless, if I did buy a boost for $, I sure in the hell wouldn't do it from one of the spammers on LFG/trade chat.
    Because you agreed to a contract and license agreement to play the game, agreed to abide by Blizzard's rules, then broke them?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Definitely glad that Bloodsail never had boosting catch on to the degree it did on other servers. Being a backwater for RPers and Hardcore players helps with that. See a couple here and there but mostly it's people trying to find a boost not people trying to sell boosts.
    I had an alt on Bloodsail a few months ago and it's deader than dead there. lol It's nice if you're a member of a progressive guild, I guess, that will stay together in BC. But that'd be the last server I would transfer to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arguable (but I'm so tired of an argument that no one is ever convinced to change their minds that I won't even address it), but even if true, it's better to support the company than some illegal gold sellers.

Personally, I think it's dumb to pay money to not play the game that you're paying a subscription for but that's a choice. If people are going to do it they can do it with Blizzard safely and not take the chance that their account will be removed.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-05-26 at 06:24 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."