Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they stopped playing 2 years ago - most of them never even hit level 30 most likely due to how boring vanilla was.

- - - Updated - - -

why would they do that when existing servers are already dead ?

want to level up fresh ? just level up fresh - nothing is stopping you.
    You misunderstand the word fresh - It is not fresh when you have people in epics ganking you, it is not fresh when boosting is available as it is now. A fresh restart means everyone is on the same level for quite some time, it means teaming up for quests and having loads of people to learn and engage with. The fresh restart is where the lure is at, the start of classic was epic and a blast for quite some time, untill AQ40 launched then it went downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    You misunderstand the word fresh - It is not fresh when you have people in epics ganking you, it is not fresh when boosting is available as it is now. A fresh restart means everyone is on the same level for quite some time, it means teaming up for quests and having loads of people to learn and engage with. The fresh restart is where the lure is at, the start of classic was epic and a blast for quite some time, untill AQ40 launched then it went downhill from there.
    nobody would play that. people who wanted classic already are in full naxx gear - moved to tbc and copied their chars to classic to forever be done

your imaginary crowd of maybe 50 masochists who want to level over and over from 0 can do just that in already exisitng servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Vanilla is like a graveyard now. This after years and years of people either playing illegally on private servers (because it was so much more fun than retail) and/or demanding that Vanilla be re-released. I for sure thought they would play Vanilla forever. I guess 2 years was enough to satisfy the decade-long controversy.
    Classic was never pure, so the purist did not all go there. Some just stayed in progression servers or left the franchise altogether.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Kinda ironic considering a common complaint about retail is that it's "seasonal".
    i think their problem is that its not seasonal enough ))

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    it was because all the TBC servers were a bugged mess
    that hasnt been the case for like a decade now,also plenty of bugged servers still had massive pops for wotlk cata and mop (well cata is also dead these days,worse than tbc)

i said classic is shit before the it was released and went to play it with friends .

we stayed 2 years , got multiple r14 , two scarab lords , all legendarys we raid EVERY week still doing a last naxx raid it was pretty fun !
    was it perfect? far from it but be enjoyed the ride and we are hyped for tbc .

I was one of the guys saying that classic was shit , but i was wrong it was WAY more fun then i remembered even if class balance was garbage , world buff suck and many other problems

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I’d say a great majority of them noped the F out shortly after release due to realizing that multiple private servers had more “blizzlike” experiences than the fucking official blizzard server LMAO. Putting this game on the Legion client caused so many small but highly noticeable differences from vanilla that, to me personally and I’m sure many others, it just didn’t feel like vanilla WoW. It honestly gave me the same vibes as those cheap “custom” servers.
    Wrong mob values/stats/drop rates
    Shady GMs
    Arbitrary rules
    Crashes/Rollbacks/Loosing your character
    Item shops for $

My first and last experience in Vanilla PS was when I joined a discord and people were banned for questioning GMs and killing NPCs because for some reason they can't fix a respawn for it.
    You know what is the difference between any PS and Blizzard Server is? You still have your character which you invested literal months of /played on.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You thought they did, but they didn't.
    This, though with the addition that it can be fun for a while.

Practically it was a digital museum excercition of sorts.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I just find it funny that people argued up and down that leveling was the soul and the main attraction of the game over raiding (where it's the other way around for retail)

Then they proceeded to buy dungeon boosts as soon in as 3 months from launch and now Blizzard-provided boost just to skip all of that soul.

Can't they just release a new server everyone once in a while? Also...if 90% of the player population is moving on to BC anyway, isn't it pretty close to a "reset" anyway?
    i would be very very surprised if they didn't so some sort of seasonal server rotation AFTER they are finished re-releasing everything they want to re-release.

Vanilla is like a graveyard now. This after years and years of people either playing illegally on private servers (because it was so much more fun than retail) and/or demanding that Vanilla be re-released. I for sure thought they would play Vanilla forever. I guess 2 years was enough to satisfy the decade-long controversy.
    The thing keeping the vanilla private server scene alive was a steady flow of new realms. If Blizz wanted to have people keep playing, they would have release fresh realms. No one wants to be stuck on the same content with no upgrades for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I actually wanted a complete remaster with modern graphics and maybe some coveinience GUI updates that wont affect the gameplay. The way how blizzard deliberately recreated every flaw was a spit on everyone's face, except the hardcore vanilloids waited such spit with their tongue out
    But then that game is only marketable to a very small group of people, because the amount of versions you can create by including/exclusing QOL changes is incredibly large. They went with the most marketable version which was as close to the original as possible.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nobody would play that. people who wanted classic already are in full naxx gear - moved to tbc and copied their chars to classic to forever be done

your imaginary crowd of maybe 50 masochists who want to level over and over from 0 can do just that in already exisitng servers
    And still a market for Private servers have existed for over 10 years and have prospered, go figure, or better yet look outside of your bubble.

Imagine attacking classic after it was finished, and not during its peak or even at naxx release

Face it OP, classic was a monumental success story. More so than retail currently

Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    The thing keeping the vanilla private server scene alive was a steady flow of new realms. If Blizz wanted to have people keep playing, they would have release fresh realms. No one wants to be stuck on the same content with no upgrades for a few years.
    what kept classic servers alive is that every 3-4 months blizzard was closing each new server and people had t relever from 0 on next one.

nothing else.

game atm is proving that the moment tbc got release all classic realms are completly dead and have like 20 people online

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC was announced. Which is literally a better Version of Vanilla in all ways. Most People will move to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Sounds very dumb, why start over?

Why do all the grinds over?
    You are clearly NOT the targeted demographic.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Because Classic had so many alive servers, right?
    I am on the biggest german server and even this servers was struggling to keep anything going seriously beside boostcrap.
    The servers that were bumping like faerlina and Herod, were more popular from the first to the final day of WoW classic, than any retail server I’ve seen and im such a vanilla player I have murky from the original blizzcon.

Herod was more packed than the blizzcon main hall during a presentation. Herod had queues that lasted hours. Hours.

When was the last time even the highest population retail server had a 8+ hour queue?

Edit: also, that is an ironic complaint about classic considering 90% of retail servers are dead servers who’ve needed mega server merges 10 years ago and still do. Hard to throw stones at empty classic servers when SL servers are ghost towns

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    You misunderstand the word fresh
    For some reason, while people can accept that other people will like different things across the gamut of human experience; when it comes to fresh phase 1 Classic servers, a lot of people on this forum have a complete mental shutdown and simply state "Nobody wants that" - and I'm going to deliberately ignore any posts that appear from people saying they *do* want that because clearly nobody wants that.

It's a weird phenomenon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Why would any Vanilla purist, or any other player for that matter, stay forever in a last-phase server, that got gutted in its playerbase since most moved to TBC?

If they reset servers in 4 years (tbc+wotlk), and start a new cycle, it will be full again.

As of now? They're better off going to the most recent private server and go again. Which is part of the fun, and not stay in the last-phase forever.

I wonder how big the influx to Classic would be if they suddenly allowed appearances/mounts from then to become part of people's collections on Live.