Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    90% of those movies only ever work because everyone is CHRONICALLY MORONIC to the point where it's a minor miracle they don't drown under the shower.
    That, and a significant misrepresentation of technology vs monsters. The entire Jurassic World idea of military raptor squads vs modern military equipment is dumb to a point of it being retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Any group of humans over a few dozen would fucking lay waste to dinosaurs with sticks and fucking stones in hundreds of miles around themselves. Considering the amount of protein you could get from a dinosaur you killed (unless they are magically inedible for some reason, tho basically almost all reptilians are edible) the population would skyrocket in a couple of generations.

Human history is basically defined by the pattern "Stone age human comes into contact with megafauna. Stone age humans hunt the megafauna to extinction for food and resources." The best bet of any megafauna has for survival is either to be useful to humans somehow (like elephants) or to be mostly harmless, useless and not live around humans. Hippos and Rhinos, tho they are on the way out now too because human encroachment into their habitat.
    Pretty easy fix. Add in a tribe of humans on the side that worship the dinosaurs as gods, seek to protect them and hunt down other humans that try to kill them. If you try to lay traps for dinosaurs, the tribe undoes the traps or sits and waits for you to collect the carcass so they can kill you.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Arrogance and assumption kills quick. Assuming that these are going to be dumb beasts got that "asset containment team" in Jurassic World dead.
    Stupid writing is what got that asset containment team killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Pretty easy fix. Add in a tribe of humans on the side that worship the dinosaurs as gods, seek to protect them and hunt down other humans that try to kill them. If you try to lay traps for dinosaurs, the tribe undoes the traps or sits and waits for you to collect the carcass so they can kill you.
    That's no longer a movie about the threat of dinosaurs, that's a movie about religious fanatics doing insane shit.

On top of it, that tribe in realistic terms couldn't and wouldn't thrive as others would 1. they would be passive pray to their environment 2. because they would have a massive handicap when it comes to the availability of food, resources and shelter, other people would wipe them out because they are a fucking crazy threat.

It's a shit plot, if that's the plot they'll be going with, it will be a shit movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Stupid writing is what got that asset containment team killed.
    Don't undersell it, there was tons of stupidity going around beyond them. The JW series can't even compared to the original Jurassic Park, especially in relation to the inciting event (JP had a long setup that was intentional and made sense, not people just being stupid so things could happen). The second JW movie just took the stupidity to new heights, as it played off like some terrible fanfic littered with political/cliche boxes to check and mixed messaging, culminating in a young girl releasing the dinos and probably killing tons of people/animals/ecosystems as a result yet somehow framed as being the morally correct thing to do. I'm not expecting any improvement in JW3, as all the convoluted writing leading up to this movie doesn't provide any sort of base to build a good movie upon. We're basically as Transformers movie levels of nonsensical plot, but look at all the pretty CGI!
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-05-24 at 04:45 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Arrogance and assumption kills quick. Assuming that these are going to be dumb beasts got that "asset containment team" in Jurassic World dead.
    I'm going to roll with the idea that some bad mofo dinos will be inner city and sewers. Hamstring the advantage that humans will have with distance weaponry, turning this movie into "Aliens meets Dinosaurs."
    No, what got the asset containment team killed is the fact that whoever wrote the script has less grasp of combat tactics and strategy than my fucking cat, and that those characters were written to be so damn stupid that they'd have died of suffocation if breathing was something you actually had to actively remember to do. As for the second idea-do guns not work in inner cities and sewers(and I assume you mean "cinematic" sewers, as most real world sewer tunnels are FAR smaller than the ones in movies) now? I mean sure, I'm sure the dinos might kill a few homeless guys or junkies or drunks passed out in alley ways, or the occasional lone individual, but once the authorities became aware of it and decided to take steps to deal with it, it would be an absolutely slaughter, with the dinos going extinct for a second time, no asteroid needed. Like I said-humans were killing saber toothed cats and giant wolves and bears and mammoths with stone spears and arrow, so humans with 12 gauges 5.56, and .45s aren't gonna have much trouble taking down some dinos. And that's just the small stuff, not even bringing in heavy military hardware like grenade and rocket launchers, flamethrowers, .50 cal anti material rifles, and heavy armored vehicles.

You actually think the dinos won't be different? We had a bigger t-rex that could camouflage itself, knew it had a tracker that it tore out. I'm sute we're getting something more badass...and probably more intelligent.

You actually think the dinos won't be different? We had a bigger t-rex that could camouflage itself, knew it had a tracker that it tore out. I'm sute we're getting something more badass...and probably more intelligent.
    Well there was a script for Jurassic Park 4 many years ago featuring the army splicing dino DNA with human DNA to make some sort of dino super soldier.

T-Rex: "Hey Malcolm... I'm packing heat..."
    Dr. Grant: "Ian, freeze!!!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the american south over-run by wild boars? plenty of food all over? at least that's what joe rogan said, n that they are pure ewul

a vice video, darn pegz
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhLJ1qWlNp4

if u can't control piggies, how to control smaller dinos like raptors

n I can see lots of dinos moving to florida, could easily hide in the everglades n snack on florida man should he dare venture in there
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-05-31 at 09:03 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    The trailer will be shown when fast n furious 9 premieres in usa (next week i guess)

I suppose it's spoilerly, but not to the main movie plot, we'll see dunno how many minutes, but some scenes from the age of dinosaurs, feathered dinos!

will post klayton's video in link n not video as icon is a spoiler
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2VJtEmuGnY

oh, and T-Rex fans, prepare to see repeat of jurassic park 3, rex gets killed by the gigantosaurus, the biggest tyrannosaurus species there ever was

5+ Year Old Account
    a cam, i have no idea why people use that angle instead of wide shot...or why chair is facing away from screen...I hope we get a proper hd vid by universal soon...

5+ Year Old Account
    Starts like something david attenborough would narrate then breaks into joe rogan xD

Looks interesting, but...

Here's how the plot is gonna go down.

The government is gonna try wrangle up all dinos it can to it can relocate them on to an isolated area.
    Someone with a greed centric ulterior motive shows up.
    That greedy person manages to screw everything up.
    Even more chaos ensues.

There, saved you about $10-$20 at the box office.

I mean, it really does look interesting, but since every movie follows the same basic tropes, it's not gonna deviate much from the established formula IMO.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Looks interesting, but...

Here's how the plot is gonna go down.

The government is gonna try wrangle up all dinos it can to it can relocate them on to an isolated area.
    Someone with a greed centric ulterior motive shows up.
    That greedy person manages to screw everything up.
    Even more chaos ensues.

There, saved you about $10-$20 at the box office.

I mean, it really does look interesting, but since every movie follows the same basic tropes, it's not gonna deviate much from the established formula IMO.
    Yes, but the movie will allow me to see Dinosaurs.
    Your post does not.

Therefore, the movie is superior.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Some scale, for those that didn't know how big the flying reptile Quetzalcoatlus was,
    scene didn't make it very obvious size of the smaller flying reptiles to indicate how large this chicken was...like a small airplane..

5+ Year Old Account
    Claire is in trouble

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Claire is in trouble

Going for the kinks I see... ballsy :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Much as I always enjoy the JP/JW movies because dinosaurs, I really wish they'd do a Jurassic Park full reboot and restart the franchise as an R rated action-horror that's closer to Crichton's original work.

There was some pretty nasty shit in the original book and you could make one hell of a scary movie out of it. It'd be nice to see the dinos updated to align with modern scientific understanding, too.

I mean, obviously I'm gonna watch JW3 anyway, but a man can dream.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Going for the kinks I see... ballsy :P
    I don't follow what you are saying..sorri

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I don't follow what you are saying..sorri
    there is a certain fetish for women in quicksand that is quite popular on... certain... sites..
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance