Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    You are clearly NOT the targeted demographic.
    I just don’t see the point..

If you did X amount of runs to aquire something, why would you want to lose it just to do it all over again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I wonder how big the influx to Classic would be if they suddenly allowed appearances/mounts from then to become part of people's collections on Live.
    Spent millions on Black market AH or run ZG/Naxx on level 70’s.

I’d be suprised if any one choose the BM AH

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I’d say a great majority of them noped the F out shortly after release due to realizing that multiple private servers had more “blizzlike” experiences than the fucking official blizzard server LMAO. Putting this game on the Legion client caused so many small but highly noticeable differences from vanilla that, to me personally and I’m sure many others, it just didn’t feel like vanilla WoW. It honestly gave me the same vibes as those cheap “custom” servers.
    Could you give some examples of these highly noticeable differences that make private servers more blizzlike or is this like before classic launch where people kept saying they were getting it wrong siting private servers when really the private ones were just wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    They went back to private servers. Classic being stuck at naxx patch with everyone in teir 3 is boring.
    Yeah now their account details can be sold to China by the greedy private server devs who also sell gold and items.

Such quality.

And before you get mad at me this literally happened with the successor of Nostalrius, the accounts got hacked and the devs were literally in bed with the Chinese gold sellers ( yes, they sell gold on private servers )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Could you give some examples of these highly noticeable differences that make private servers more blizzlike or is this like before classic launch where people kept saying they were getting it wrong siting private servers when really the private ones were just wrong?
    Private servers don't have automatic reports or sharding. They're also far more stable ( which is hilarious ). I remember participating in the Nostalrius Stress Test where hundreds of lvl 1 players fought in Westfall in glorious world pvp.

On Retail the servers shit themselves if you try that.

I have no idea how some Russian dude hosting a server can make it a better experience than Blizzard.

That being said, Private Servers are rampant with information theft, staff corruption and pay to win.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Private servers don't have automatic reports or sharding. They're also far more stable ( which is hilarious ). I remember participating in the Nostalrius Stress Test where hundreds of lvl 1 players fought in Westfall in glorious world pvp.

On Retail the servers shit themselves if you try that.

I have no idea how some Russian dude hosting a server can make it a better experience than Blizzard.

That being said, Private Servers are rampant with information theft, staff corruption and pay to win.
    Classic doesn’t have auto sharding either or atleast it didn’t when I played, it was something they turned on at big events like launch but wasn’t always on.

As far as stableness goes I had far more crashes getting to 40 on Nostalrius and far worse lag then I did getting to 55 on classic, can’t speak for lvl1 world pvp through.

I'm a Vanilla purist.
    They kept mutating it, and I quit playing.
    Now the "Vanilla+BFA" fans can pay to have fun on the official Vanilla servers.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    those people never wanted to play an eternal vanila,those people have a serious boner for constant resets,they either restart on new private servers or in the case of smarter devs play on servers with an constant reseting realm+a token permanent one

its the same reason why diablo 3 still is popular,seasons
    Diablo 3 was what I was thinking. Classic Era should have annual seasons. In the season, they last a year (?) and all content is open. At the end of the season, everything you earned carries over to the permanent character, for example, if you get a drop that's better than what your permanent toon had. Then they start again.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC gives people something to do while they wait for what they actually want - Wrath. TBC wasn't really that great. Pvp in tbc is actually in a worse spot than retail, which says a lot..
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    TBC gives people something to do while they wait for what they actually want - Wrath. TBC wasn't really that great. Pvp in tbc is actually in a worse spot than retail, which says a lot..
    TBC raiding, in many ways, was the pinnacle of WoW raiding

The progression ladder was never better as an rpg mechanic, than tbc

After that, we get different difficulties, dungeon sizes, homogenization of gear and classes, etc

In tbc you had to beat A to get to B, B to C, and so on. Pure. Like an rpg should be. You either win or fall short

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Your arguments don't make sense. Yes, Retail had a lot of server merges, but there were like 5 times more servers than there are present at Classic. Some regions only have two classic servers overall like Russia.
    And the possible amount of players has become higher since TBC and growing more and more. Of course there won't be queues. And I don't wanna talk about the character scans that are around both for Retail and Classic. My biggest German server has scanned slightly over 5k characters and never had a queue after the initial start again, even after BC prepatch, the biggest german retail servers scanned over 20k different characters that were active in the same time, and we still 8 servers above the Classic server in a content drought.

Also, Herod was the Streamer Asmongold Fanboy shitserver, wasn't it?

But whatever, live in your bubble. OP said it, Classic servers are completely a ghosttown now. It will merge into two servers anyway. BC is now another story which might have a bigger success over a longer time than just the initial hype.
    Your addon scanned more players due to connected servers, not because retail is more popular. It’s counting everyone on every server touching yours, where classic is independent.

Faerlina was the streamer server btw, way to show your childish nature tho.

Tbc will no doubt, be what carries WoW over the summer and through 2021 since SL ain’t it

I guarantee tbc will see more activity than 9.1. 100% guarantee it

Instead of being bitter at classic, you should be grateful. Without classic funding and propping up the corpse that is retail currently, retail would be on the verge of them pulling the plug. Classic has literally carried WoW through the last year or so

SL had to include pre orders for months ahead of time to achieve some kind of “look how much we sold” copies par on the back, but ignored that 80% or more of the player base has left retail already. SL is beyond redemption

I guess they moved back to private servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    TBC raiding, in many ways, was the pinnacle of WoW raiding

The progression ladder was never better as an rpg mechanic, than tbc

After that, we get different difficulties, dungeon sizes, homogenization of gear and classes, etc

In tbc you had to beat A to get to B, B to C, and so on. Pure. Like an rpg should be. You either win or fall short
    TBC had the same issue Wrath had, though. A tiny fraction of the playerbase actually saw the last few raid tiers. A laughable percent saw Ulduar, considered to be the best raid.

Later expansions has made raids more accessible to a bigger part of the playerbase. The loud minority that did see previous raids aren't a fan of that, it seems.
    Hi

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of small things add up + a lot of them really enjoyed server resets which blizz ignored = they went back to private servers for the true true vanilla experience on repeat.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    TBC had the same issue Wrath had, though. A tiny fraction of the playerbase actually saw the last few raid tiers. A laughable percent saw Ulduar, considered to be the best raid.

Later expansions has made raids more accessible to a bigger part of the playerbase. The loud minority that did see previous raids aren't a fan of that, it seems.
    it wouldn't be special, or have significance in a game if EVERYONE could do it. and it's atrocious RPG game design

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nobody would play that. people who wanted classic already are in full naxx gear - moved to tbc and copied their chars to classic to forever be done

your imaginary crowd of maybe 50 masochists who want to level over and over from 0 can do just that in already exisitng servers
    for pservers it was typically tens of thousands on every fresh launch

Wait, do people think that the same amount of people still love playing vanilla and have just moved to private? Or are there really people who think that vanilla was the greatest and just play that forever, as long as there are resets? Knowing what to do when you first start is about the opposite of a "pure" experience i can imagine.

My personal experience is that all the friends who were invested in it got their fill and are now playing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    Wait, do people think that the same amount of people still love playing vanilla and have just moved to private? Or are there really people who think that vanilla was the greatest and just play that forever, as long as there are resets? Knowing what to do when you first start is about the opposite of a "pure" experience i can imagine.

My personal experience is that all the friends who were invested in it got their fill and are now playing something else.
    Tbf, even the biggest public "purists" waxing lyrical about the leveling experince and the TRUE MMORPG FEEL, ended up getting boosted to 60/Dungeon grinding to 60.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you familiar with the "time" concept?

Classic vanilla came out 2 years ago and it has been a huge success. In fact, there´s more people preparing for classic TBC now than people playing retail in many servers...

You literally have no point.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    exept in the case of private servers tbc has been among the least popular of the pre cata ones,some people rly dislike flying or the feel of outlands,they like azeroth etc,no the issue is that the classic andys ADORE resets/fresh,so if vanila isnt getting a reset,then tbc is the next best thing for them
    Realy dont see the appeal to redo all of the same again on a new reset. Like whats the point? I dont know what to do with my freetime so Il just redo it.

Not my thing, that being said I wont even be playing bc.

so hyped for tbc cant wait!! Our server is so full we have 3-4 layers atm.

3+ Year Old Account
    1. There were some genuine cases of "You think you want it but you don't"
    2. The TBC prepatch literally dropped just over a week ago, which heavily cuts into the Classic population. This offers both progression (which Classic no longer has) and an experience which doesn't really have any pservers emulating it well. Plus, the cost of character cloning means that less people will have a "main" on Classic.
    3. Some people buggered off to pservers, whether that be due to how Classic is run, those servers being free, or some personal vendetta against Blizzard.

I'd say it's mostly the second one, though. Classic was pretty active before prepatch dropped. I'd wager it will eventually get some of its population back as TBC hype dies down a bit, but it definitely won't be in its pre-patch state again. Expect Classic server merges down the road.