Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Man, one of the worst takes in this thread so far.

"Why do they not tell me everything about the story now!"
    We don't need to know everything, but we need to know more than we do. This is the first major content patch, we are in theory halfway through the expansion and we still don't know much of anthing interesting about the Jailer.

The Jailer as it stands is just a generic villain who just stands there doing nothing of interest. He doesnt have an interesting personality, he doesnt have an interesting backstory, he doesnt do anything particularly interesting in the game. His only interesting points are that he is a focal point for more interesting characters to gather around, people like Sylvanas or Helya.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Are those sigils really that special when they can nearly instantly be remade?
    Guess they're as special as the Jailer aka not special at all.

If you can reforge something so easily and effortlessly, what even was the initial purpose?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The Jailer as it stands is just a generic villain who just stands there doing nothing of interest. He doesnt have an interesting personality, he doesnt have an interesting backstory, he doesnt do anything particularly interesting in the game. His only interesting points are that he is a focal point for more interesting characters to gather around, people like Sylvanas or Helya.
    This. They try to paint him super powerful, mysterious and intriguing by making him the centerpiece of so many previous lore-tie-ins (Lich King stuff for example) yet they fail to make him leave any impression. It's beyond me how they came up with such a bland and ultra-boring villain.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Except she literally cannot harm the Jailer, and it's stated by Ion verbatim that WE'RE the main characters of WoW, and due to our experienced from the past, etc, we should be the major factors in defeating these powerful characters. Why do you think BFA ended the way it did? Or why we did so much against the Legion and Sargeras during...well...Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

You can say it's not that cool. Hell, I agree. But to say it isn't big lore-wise or to say it's not about the Jailer is kinda dumb, no offense or anything like that.

- - - Updated - - -
    What do you mean? We only heard of him like this expansion. He doesnt have alot of built up and he is realy hollow. So its hard to care for him or finding him cool when there is nothing realy to dig. 9.1 like i said offers some story, but its realy not much. Thinking otherwise makes you delussional, I get that he is supposed to be this big character, but Its hard to view him that way. Hes.. just there.

Its okey to like him.. but dont force people to like him I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    its not even a joke
    the moment people start pointing out that she has become garrosh 2.0
    "well its not really the same and she cares about her people"
    she calls her people nothing
    "well its all a part of her plan"
    shows that she is working for the enemy of everything
    "she made a deal with him in legion for her people"
    she literally serves him
    "well its part of her plan"
    she tries to keep us from stopping him from destroying everything
    "well its maybe only a part of her soul"
    I mean you kinda think the joke was real looking at your response.

It started there.. remember the person who compiled the pictures together making the guy seem like he had a hard on for sylvanss and nathanos. From there came the whole thing. I dont care for danuser, but its its not realy true.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-05-26 at 09:26 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Guess they're as special as the Jailer aka not special at all.

If you can reforge something so easily and effortlessly, what even was the initial purpose?
    Or why didn't they keep spare keys somewhere hidden? Honestly as I log into FFXIV I sigh and feel sorry for those who exclusively play WoW. Waiting months for THIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Or why didn't they keep spare keys somewhere hidden? Honestly as I log into FFXIV I sigh and feel sorry for those who exclusively play WoW. Waiting months for THIS?
    No one is waiting months to see what the Jailer or the Eternal Ones are up to. People are waiting months for:

A) New gameplay content.

B) To see how Sylvanas will redeem herself (at this point it is clear that this is the path they have chosen).

C) To see how Arthas will return and redeem himself (the Uther questline makes it clear that this is the path they have chosen).

But no one cares about Jailer frankly. It's hard to care about a generic pure evil villain who was introduced 6 months ago.

And I don't care about any of these people, I'm just waiting for 10.0.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-05-26 at 09:44 AM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

This. They try to paint him super powerful, mysterious and intriguing by making him the centerpiece of so many previous lore-tie-ins (Lich King stuff for example) yet they fail to make him leave any impression. It's beyond me how they came up with such a bland and ultra-boring villain.
    This.
    Storytelling behind Jailer is really bad. Not intriguing, not intimidating, not even curious tbf. Uthers story is more interesting than Jailers.
    Sire Denathrius has some interesting stuff in a form of the report tome, some backstory about the light.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No one is waiting months to see what the Jailer or the Eternal Ones are up to. People are waiting months for:

A) New gameplay content.

B) To see how Sylvanas will redeem herself (at this point it is clear that this is the path they have chosen).

C) To see how Arthas will return and redeem himself (the Uther questline makes it clear that this is the path they have chosen).

But no one cares about Jailer frankly. It's hard to care about a generic pure evil villain who was introduced 6 months ago.

And I don't care about any of these people, I'm just waiting for 10.0.
    A fair point. Then again 9.1 has yet to show anything impressive. I watched vids of the raid boss fights and they are absolute snoozefests. Arthas is (likely) dragged out from his satisfying emotional conclusion to please the fangirls, the Night Warrior storyline ends with a slap in the face, Sylvanas is ruined even more than before and the Jailer continues to underwhelm. But at least there is more Torghast.

Can we jump to Denathrius and his nathrezim yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    This is such a garbage non-answer... Expected nothing less from Blizzard. How about the writers tell me what he wanted the sigils for, at the very least?
    No? I have to wait 3 months to find out? Okay.
    Uhm, we literally find out not even 1 week (maybe even the same week?) after this cinematic, if the questline release schedule from the PTR is the same for live.

- - - Updated - - -

A fair point. Then again 9.1 has yet to show anything impressive. I watched vids of the raid boss fights and they are absolute snoozefests. Arthas is (likely) dragged out from his satisfying emotional conclusion to please the fangirls, the Night Warrior storyline ends with a slap in the face, Sylvanas is ruined even more than before and the Jailer continues to underwhelm. But at least there is more Torghast.

Can we jump to Denathrius and his nathrezim yet?
    Sylvanas is fine, the Dreadlord plot only exists to serve the Jailer and his plans, I am pretty sure Tyrande is still the Night Warrior?, Arthas isn’t needed for this patch yet, and bosses in SoD look fun asf imo, and well...

The Jailer’s been dismantling us this entire patch.

These cutscenes, hahaha I can't believe that a multi-billion dollar company did it.... HAHAHAHHAHA
    seriously they don't see their models are ugly with toad mouths?

I am pretty sure Tyrande is still the Night Warrior?
    No she isn't. Night Warrior storyline for Tyrande ends in the Ardenweald campaign in 9.1.

3+ Year Old Account
    No she isn't. Night Warrior storyline for Tyrande ends in the Ardenweald campaign in 9.1.
    And good riddance considering the story was basically: With the help of the amazing cosmic power that is so strong it literally tears you appart, Tyrande gained the ability to ask his husbands help to kill a single Valkyre.

Dunno if Blizz hates women or Night Elves more.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm, we literally find out not even 1 week (maybe even the same week?) after this cinematic, if the questline release schedule from the PTR is the same for live.

- - - Updated - - -

the Dreadlord plot only exists to serve the Jailer and his plans
    You sure? Scheaming is their sole purpose and defining characteristic. I'm sure they have like half a dozen plans that don't involve the dullest antagonist in WoW history.

And good riddance considering the story was basically: With the help of the amazing cosmic power that is so strong it literally tears you appart, Tyrande gained the ability to ask his husbands help to kill a single Valkyre.

Has nothing to do with her being a woman, the writing for male characters is as shitty if not worse.

The Night Warrior storyline just didn't progress. What exactly did Tyrande achieve besides driving everyone in the Alliance crazy? Killing that one single Valkyr with this otherworldly, godly power? LOL

5+ Year Old Account
    Has nothing to do with her being a woman, the writing for male characters is as shitty if not worse.

The Night Warrior storyline just didn't progress. What exactly did Tyrande achieve besides driving everyone in the Alliance crazy? Killing that one single Valkyr with this otherworldly, godly power? LOL
    There is our problem.

Arthas + sword&helm(powerup) = omega edgelord with unique class.

Illidan + skull = omega powerup with unique class.

Tyrande + night warrior blessing = deepshit weak and must resign to not die.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Or why didn't they keep spare keys somewhere hidden?
    Because the goal is to keep Zovaal out, not let them in. Spare keys would be worthless for that and in fact pose a risk.

As for being able to "instantly" reforge them, remember that only the Covenants that are supposed to hold them can do so.

sorry for noob queston, but im out of the loop in shadowlands story

what is the sepulcher, and what informaton do we have about it now

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because the goal is to keep Zovaal out, not let them in. Spare keys would be worthless for that and in fact pose a risk.

As for being able to "instantly" reforge them, remember that only the Covenants that are supposed to hold them can do so.
    That still doesn't make it better. Over the course of one patch we:

1) Learn the sigils exist.

2) The Jailer gets at least three of them.

3) The good guys immediately start creating new sigils are replacement.

These plot points need to air a bit to feel meaningful.

Blizzard really needs to adjust their storytelling to suit this whole drip-feed every several months thing they have going on. It's not satisfying at all and is just frustrating.

Knowing next to nothing about the Jailer for 6 months and then what information we get added is practically nothing.
    Last edited by GR8GODZILLAGOD; 2021-05-26 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Funny, cause I legit just finished the questline. Shit, that's sad for the Nelves.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You sure? Scheaming is their sole purpose and defining characteristic. I'm sure they have like half a dozen plans that don't involve the dullest antagonist in WoW history.
    Yeah, they were scheming and shit...

FOR THE JAILER'S SUCCESS!!!

Read up the summary of the campaign, it clearly states that Tyrande still got the night warrior power and Elune helped her that she can control it now. However, revenge is over at least for now I guess.

It is still open what will happen with the souls of the Night Elfs, Elune and/or the Winter Queen got some plan for them... I guess we have to wait for the next patch to see that conclude.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-05-26 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Read up the summary of the campaign, it clearly states that Tyrande still got the night warrior power and Elune helped her that she can control it now.
    Then the summary on wowhead from some days ago was wrong or outdated because that said she was cleared of / purged from the Night Warrior powers. If she still got the power, we might expect... something I guess?