Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Blizzcon cancelled. 9.3 or 9.2 is the ending of SL, at this rate. :/
    Well, duh. And how these two things even connect? xD And yeah 9.3 or 9.2 is ending, what you expect, 9.4 and 5 seasons?

Imo regular Blizzcon will be November next year and early '22 event will be something similar to Gamescom (I mean these Gamescom where Blizz actually bother to show something new) - they didn't even called it Blizzconline in blue post. For WoW I see two scenarios that could work (of course there are also scenarios with smaller or bigger fucks up):

1) 9.2 on January (well maybe patch on December, but season 3 will definetely be January), no 9.3, expac revealed on this small event, Beta/release schedule similar to SL (late Fall '22 release).

2) 9.2 on January, 9.3 revealed on event, 9.3 on June '22, on Blizzcon reveal of 10.0 + Wrath Classic, Wrath launch Q1 '22, 10.0 schedule similar to BfAs (so again late Summer '23 release).

It's over.

Bellular won. Asmongold won. Kevin Jordan won. FFXIV won.

Ion lost. Blizzard lost. Towelliee lost. We lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How does no Blizzcon mean anything for SL's ending?
    Cause people here assumed Expansion announcements/launch cycles were based on event measures, or shit like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    It's over.

Bellular won. Asmongold won. Kevin Jordan won. FFXIV won.

Ion lost. Blizzard lost. Towelliee lost. We lost.
    What the hell are you on about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Say what now? Where is this information available?
    Blizzard front page. Kiivar was able to link it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    But we don’t want to let too long go by before we connect with everyone again. So in the meantime, we’re planning a global event for the early part of next year, combining an online show along the lines of our recent BlizzConline with smaller in-person gatherings, and we’ll share more as our plans come together.

Okay, we'll get the expansion announcement then I guess, at the latest.
    Almost like I assumed that to be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They revealed Legion at GamesCom after they truncated WoD.
    Way too fast for SL.

Cause people here assumed Expansion announcements/launch cycles were based on event measures, or shit like that.
    No, it sounds like you're the one assuming that with the comment I quoted.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely schedule now is Shadowlands is a full 3 patch expansion, 10.0 isn't revealed until February, and doesn't launch until early 2023.

Basically the same situation FF14's found itself in. Being knocked off track by work from home. At least their devs were kind enough to tell us the truth.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Because they are? No expansion yet was revealed outside of a major event.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Because they are? No expansion yet was revealed outside of a major event.
    No expansion was announced outside of Blizzcon till Legion happened. Stop sticking to the past so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Most likely schedule now is Shadowlands is a full 3 patch expansion, 10.0 isn't revealed until February, and doesn't launch until early 2023.
    Most likely it's the other way round: 9.3 is shelved (if it ever existed), 9.2 will finish Shadowlands and 10.0 will be released in Q3/4 2022. I don't see why this would be impossible, it's very much doable.

9.2 will most likely be another 8.3 "revamped" old zones stuff with a raid so this ain't much work either.

No, it sounds like you're the one assuming that with the comment I quoted.
    But I'm not. Nothing really crazy to get here.

No expansion was announced outside of Blizzcon till Legion happened. Stop sticking to the past so hard.
    And Gamescom wasn't a major event? It's even bigger than Blizzcon, so what's the point? I said no expansion was revealed outside of a major event.

Most likely it's the other way round: 9.3 is shelved (if it ever existed), 9.2 will finish Shadowlands and 10.0 will be released in Q3/4 2022. I don't see why this would be impossible, it's very much doable.

9.2 will most likely be another 8.3 "revamped" old zones stuff with a raid so this ain't much work either.
    You're making 9.2 smaller than it prolly is.

And Gamescom wasn't a major event? It's even bigger than Blizzcon, so what's the point? I said no expansion was revealed outside of a major event.
    I'm saying years ago you would have made the same comment but replace "major event" with "Blizzcon". The point is things change.

You're making 9.2 smaller than it prolly is.
    We know nothing about 9.2 yet. I just assume it takes place on Azeroth and will be akin to 8.3, that's all.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Yes, 12 boss raid isn't much work. You are correct as always. And thanks for 9.2 news, looks like you know whole patch even before some devs.

7+ Year Old Account
    As expected, another Blizzconline this year.

Formerly known as Arafal

I'm saying years ago you would have made the same comment but replace "major event" with "Blizzcon". The point is things change.
    Okay? They can have a dedicated 1-2h stream later this year and announce the next expansion there or they just do it on their upcoming event early next year which is more likely. This wouldn't rule out an expansion launch in 2022 though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I mean unless they reveal 10.0 at Gamescom, this is impossible. The only event after that they could do it at will be Blizzcon 2022 in presumably Feb/March of next year like this year's was.

And after that they'll have their usual longer than we think downtime, then streamer alpha, then beta, before launch.

Way I see it, if the announcement's delayed, the expansion's delayed. I figured it'd be in November/December 2022, now I'm expecting Q1 2023.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yes, 12 boss raid isn't much work. You are correct as always. And thanks for 9.2 news, looks like you know whole patch even before some devs.
    Come on. Just compare 8.3 to 7.3. 8.3 was significantly less content than 7.3 and that's my point. You know exactly what I mean, but as usual you prefer to stir up a fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean unless they reveal 10.0 at Gamescom, this is impossible. The only event after that they could do it at will be Blizzcon 2022 in presumably Feb/March of next year like this year's was.

And after that they'll have their usual longer than we think downtime, then streamer alpha, then beta, before launch.

Way I see it, if the announcement's delayed, the expansion's delayed. I figured it'd be in November/December 2022, now I'm expecting Q1 2023.
    February 2022 is their event, March start for the Alpha, June for the Beta, pre-patch in October and release in November. It's easily doable and fits in the tried and tested schedule of 6 month seasons / 10 months droughts.

9.2 in December / raid release in January
    10.0 announcement in February
    10.0 launch in November

9.1 would last 6 months this way, 9.2 (raid) would last ~ 10 months. It's just like WoD plus an additional 3 months due to COVID. 6.2 came 7 months after 6.0, 9.1 will come 7 months after 9.0. Everything after that will pretty much be "on schedule".
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-05-26 at 06:23 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They didn't call that future show Blizzconline, which gives me vibes it will be something even smaller. Imo they just don't have news for that, and if they have some big reveals they would rather save it for proper Blizzcon on November. Only big thing that would have to be announced on that time is WoW 10.0 - and only if it will launch in 2022.

We know nothing about 9.2 yet. I just assume it takes place on Azeroth and will be akin to 8.3, that's all.
    Why would it be akin to 8.3? Why can't there be a Jailer invasion on Azeroth and Reality PLUS have other things be included outside of that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Nothing here implies that, yet.