Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Why would it be akin to 8.3? Why can't there be a Jailer invasion on Azeroth and Reality PLUS have other things be included outside of that?
    Wtf is "reality"? Azeroth is reality. We don't need anything besides that. 8.3 was the N'zoth invasion patch and I expect something similar for the Jailer, that's all I'm saying. I'm not expecting another 7.3 with several brand new zones, I'm expecting an 8.3 with several revamped zones - that's the quintessence of my post.

P.S.: and what I'm expecting and what's reality is a difference. Maybe it's something completely different.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-05-26 at 06:28 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing here implies that, yet.
    ??????
    So in the meantime, we’re planning a global event for the early part of next year, combining an online show along the lines of our recent BlizzConline with smaller in-person gatherings, and we’ll share more as our plans come together.
    They straight up said it.

We are getting a (even) smaller Blizzconline next year.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    ??????

They straight up said it.

We are getting a (even) smaller Blizzconline next year.
    I can't read. lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Wtf is "reality"? Azeroth is reality. We don't need anything besides that. 8.3 was the N'zoth invasion patch and I expect something similar for the Jailer, that's all I'm saying. I'm not expecting another 7.3 with several brand new zones, I'm expecting an 8.3 with several revamped zones - that's the quintessence of my post.

P.S.: and what I'm expecting and what's reality is a difference. Maybe it's something completely different.
    Reality is the Physical Universe, and the possible and existing Timelines within it. The Cosmic Realms such as the Shadowlands exist outside of Reality. Also, I'm a bit confused by the idea that you somehow think we're only getting an Azeroth/Reality invasion, and not like the Moon, or even a small bit of the Gardens of Life.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't help that the Sepulcher's likely NOT on Azeroth, and the Eternal Ones with the New Sigils won't be enough to stop Zovaal. ALSO doesn't help that there are so many Elune and Life Pantheon hints being thrown around recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on. Just compare 8.3 to 7.3. 8.3 was significantly less content than 7.3 and that's my point. You know exactly what I mean, but as usual you prefer to stir up a fight.

- - - Updated - - -

February 2022 is their event, March start for the Alpha, June for the Beta, pre-patch in October and release in November. It's easily doable and fits in the tried and tested schedule of 6 month seasons / 10 months droughts.

9.2 in December / raid release in January
    10.0 announcement in February
    10.0 launch in November

9.1 would last 6 months this way, 9.2 (raid) would last ~ 10 months. It's just like WoD plus an additional 3 months due to COVID. 6.2 came 7 months after 6.0, 9.1 will come 7 months after 9.0. Everything after that will pretty much be "on schedule".
    8.3 is about as big as 9.1 lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, I'd argue 9.1's bigger with Korthia.

Hell, I'd argue 9.1's bigger with Korthia.
    And both are smaller than 8.2. But that wasn't my point though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm a bit confused by the idea that you somehow think we're only getting an Azeroth/Reality invasion, and not like the Moon, or even a small bit of the Gardens of Life.
    I can tell you why: because it's headcannon / fanfiction. Something on the moon? lol

We have to deal with the Jailer. That's what we know. Everything else is unclear. Sure, all of your stuff could possibly happen. Ogre continent in WoD could've happened, too.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I can tell you why: because it's headcannon / fanfiction. Something on the moon? lol
    What's wrong with the moon(s)? They seem like a fairly common place to go, particularly in fantasy games.

Everquest's done it, FFXIV's about to do it. SWTOR might have done it since I mean, worlds and all.

Elder scrolls reached the moon in lore too I believe (something about the khajit stacking upon one another).

- - - Updated - - -

We have to deal with the Jailer. That's what we know. Everything else is unclear. Sure, all of your stuff could possibly happen. Ogre continent in WoD could've happened, too.
    I feel the question of what patch is bigger is kinda pointless though. The only constant with patch sizes is that Blizzard only really has the resources for one big and one small/medium zone per expansion.
    Legion had nothing for 7.1, then a small zone in the updated Broken Shore and then a large 8or 3 small technically) with Argus.
    BfA had both the small and the large zone in 8.2 with Mechagon and Nazjatar.

Now SL has Korthia, which I have not seen but I have heard is decently ssizeable. So it stands to reason that we are only likely to get a small or medium sized zone.

Of course the wildcard is reused assets zones, which in theory should be easier to make, but in practice could be extra effort when it isnt necessarily worth it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

- - - Updated - - -

My point was that they said 9.2 would be much bigger than 9.1, and 9.1 is bigger than 8.3. Nothing hard to get here.

Also, how's it headcanon? It's building shit up. Why do you think the Folklore Book and the Grimoire, which talks a lot of the First Ones and the Pantheon's of Death and (supposedly) Life are releasing NOW? Cause it's HINTING AT FUTURE CONTENT!

Ogre Continent doesn't exist because Goria is where Shattrath currently is. Shit got retconned bruh. Also, Farahlon and AU Draenor could still factor in, you know that right?

"I can tell you why: because it's headcannon / fanfiction. Something on the moon? lol" Why would the Moon be an issue? It could be that the Sepulcher's on the White Lady lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I feel the question of what patch is bigger is kinda pointless though. The only constant with patch sizes is that Blizzard only really has the resources for one big and one small/medium zone per expansion.
    Legion had nothing for 7.1, then a small zone in the updated Broken Shore and then a large 8or 3 small technically) with Argus.
    BfA had both the small and the large zone in 8.2 with Mechagon and Nazjatar.

Now SL has Korthia, which I have not seen but I have heard is decently ssizeable. So it stands to reason that we are only likely to get a small or medium sized zone.

Of course the wildcard is reused assets zones, which in theory should be easier to make, but in practice could be extra effort when it isnt necessarily worth it.
    Korthia's about as big as the Broken Shore, or maybe Mechagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    What's wrong with the moon(s)? They seem like a fairly common place to go, particularly in fantasy games.

Everquest's done it, FFXIV's about to do it. SWTOR might have done it since I mean, worlds and all.

Elder scrolls reached the moon in lore too I believe (something about the khajit stacking upon one another).
    Elder Scrolls has reached the moon. Elder Scrolls also has characters that 1 shot basically every Video Game verse.

5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon cancelled. 9.3 or 9.2 is the ending of SL, at this rate. :/
    They said an online event early next year. Probably february again. Safe to say we will get a 10.0 reveal at that point. That would be 15 months into Shadowlands. Expansions released 9 to 16 months after reveal. So a 24-31 month long SL. Previously expansions lasted between 21 and 27 months.
    The latter seems ideal as it is right in the middle of 24 and 31 without being unprecedentedly long. So a year after reveal. Pretty normal.

So if I count correctly 21 more months of SL. Let us cut off 10 months for the final raid tier (between 7 and 14 months) Leaves us with 11 more months. Considering 9.1 isn't out yet for a couple of weeks I'm not quite sure 9.3 can be squeezed in. Maybe, but it will be tight and will involve some very short raid tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    They said an online event early next year. Probably february again. Safe to say we will get a 10.0 reveal at that point. That would be 15 months into Shadowlands. Expansions released 9 to 16 months after reveal. So a 24-31 month long SL. Previously expansions lasted between 21 and 27 months.
    The latter seems ideal as it is right in the middle of 24 and 31 without being unprecedentedly long. So a year after reveal. Pretty normal.

So if I count correctly 21 more months of SL. Let us cut off 10 months for the final raid tier (between 7 and 14 months) Leaves us with 11 more months. Considering 9.1 isn't out yet for a couple of weeks I'm not quite sure 9.3 can be squeezed in. Maybe, but it will be tight and will involve some very short raid tiers.
    That's what I was thinking.

Also, I got the whole Blizzconline thing now lmao, don't worry.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

Well Yavin IV is a moon. So is Endor. Oh and my favorite place in the sw universe. Nar Shaddaa. So yes, going to the moon is no big deal for Star Wars.

Well Yavin IV is a moon. So is Endor. Oh and my favorite place in the sw universe. Nar Shaddaa. So yes, going to the moon is no big deal for Star Wars.
    Nor is going to a moon a big deal in WoW. We've been to a ton of other worlds in 7.3 alone. Hell, in TBC, we've been to Outland.

MY thing is that going to the moon in SL may be a big deal because the Sepulcher may be there.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nor is going to a moon a big deal in WoW. We've been to a ton of other worlds in 7.3 alone. Hell, in TBC, we've been to Outland.

MY thing is that going to the moon in SL may be a big deal because the Sepulcher may be there.
    Turn another important location into patch content? Ugh.

Not all areas are worht making into full-fledged expansions. if you wanted to put even a modicum of effort in you could make literally any area with some significance its own expansion, that doesnt make it a good idea. if I wanted I could write a quick mockup for an expansion taking place entirely in Suramar, but that wouldnt mean it is a good idea.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Sure? Almost like patches exist for a reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    It could be that the Sepulcher's on the White Lady lmao.
    Based on what?
    There is absolutely nothing that indicates that in any way shape or form.

Nor does it make any sense unless you deliberately ignore that Azeroth is a literal baby world and the Shadowlands conflict has been ongoing since the near beginning of time.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Not all areas are worht making into full-fledged expansions. if you wanted to put even a modicum of effort in you could make literally any area with some significance its own expansion, that doesnt make it a good idea. if I wanted I could write a quick mockup for an expansion taking place entirely in Suramar, but that wouldnt mean it is a good idea.
    True that. Like, people were mad Emerald Dream was turned into a raid only, but lore wise it's a primal Azeroth w/o any civilization, so no settlements etc. Sure, Blizz could do some bending but then we would have Northrend 2.0, where we arrived to a frozen wasteland that for some reason had entire towns already there together with big mausoleums beneath.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean unless they reveal 10.0 at Gamescom, this is impossible. The only event after that they could do it at will be Blizzcon 2022 in presumably Feb/March of next year like this year's was.

And after that they'll have their usual longer than we think downtime, then streamer alpha, then beta, before launch.

Way I see it, if the announcement's delayed, the expansion's delayed. I figured it'd be in November/December 2022, now I'm expecting Q1 2023.
    If it is a world revamp, I could see them pushing it to Q2 2023. Either way I think we should probably expect the reveal for 10.0 to be at Pax East in Spring 2022. Blizzvon 2022 will goin depth, and start the alpha that month. Beta early 2023. Release in like May.

5+ Year Old Account
    What can I say? I love when devs make efforts. Well anyway it is safe to say Endwalker will release before 9.2. The Moon there has one confirmed zone and one maybe zone. We shall see which one has more stuff to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure? Almost like patches exist for a reason.
    Same is true for expansions. They expand things. Like the lore or the map.

True though I wasn't sure what moons players have been to in the MMO, as it has been a long time. But I do recall Nar Shaddaa so there we go then.

It would be weird for everything so important to the universe at large to be centered around Azeroth but eh, that's cheap writing for you, really.

3+ Year Old Account
    Maybe one day we'll go to diffrent planets in the Great Dark? There's several things in the Shadowlands that hint at other worlds existing
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.