Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Check out the other videos, there is pvp, dungeon runs, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

SOME EXTRA BETA THOUGHS
    -Dungeons are legitimately hard at max level, and on hard/nightmare mode dungeons have an extra boss encounter which is really cool
    -Dungeons can be done with 5-10 players which is awesome, basically a mini-raid at that point.
    -the final level is essentially a sidequest and dungeon spam grind, which sucks.
    -The housing is INSANE.
    i totally forgot that this game has existed for like 2 years already

Last edited by Revamp Man; 2021-05-25 at 04:25 AM.

I doubt it, Gameforge can't really alter the game in anyway without developer approval, the devs have proven to be very anti-p2w.

- - - Updated - - -

Added random dev stream of a dungeon and first impressions from a WoW pvper.
    I have heard this stuff from almost every MMO before release.

Eh, looks average.

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    I have heard this stuff from almost every MMO before release.
    Tha twould be doubtful, considering every korean mmo released here was already pay to win in their homeland.

Archeage? P2w.
    Tera? P2w.
    BDO? p2w.

You get he picture
    Swords of Legends has 0 pay o win or pay for convenience in China

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i totally forgot that this game has existed for like 2 years already

Yeah an the Chinese version these days obviously has quite a bit more than NA/EU will have, but hopefully that means fast content drops to catch up.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Tha twould be doubtful, considering every korean mmo released here was already pay to win in their homeland.

Archeage? P2w.
    Tera? P2w.
    BDO? p2w.

You get he picture
    Swords of Legends has 0 pay o win or pay for convenience in China

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah an the Chinese version these days obviously has quite a bit more than NA/EU will have, but hopefully that means fast content drops to catch up.
    So it seems there is a cash shop though currently it’s only cosmetic I believe

Also I hate cash shops in a pay to play game

Judging by the gameplay trailer, it looks like the game has missed its window by at least 10 years, and that's in a redacted trailer. Also... the announcement trailer has 40k views after a month? I don't have anything against this game, or any other Asian game, but this is going to be dead on arrival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

So it seems there is a cash shop though currently it’s only cosmetic I believe

Also I hate cash shops in a pay to play game
    It is buy to play in the west.
    Diablo Bore.

It is buy to play in the west.
    Yes it is
    And for 40 dollars
    Personally I would spend that on a different game but it’s possibly because I don’t think an old game is worth it just for the regional port especially considering the fact the display and gameplay is generic

But some would and that’s fine....but it’s not a new game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Judging by the gameplay trailer, it looks like the game has missed its window by at least 10 years, and that's in a redacted trailer. Also... the announcement trailer has 40k views after a month? I don't have anything against this game, or any other Asian game, but this is going to be dead on arrival.
    Yeah it’s fairly generic and it’s not new

Yes it is
    And for 40 dollars
    Personally I would spend that on a different game but it’s possibly because I don’t think an old game is worth it just for the regional port especially considering the fact the display and gameplay is generic

But some would and that’s fine....but it’s not a new game

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it’s fairly generic and it’s not new
    Not sure what you mean by "old game" many games dont do price reductions for quite a while on places like Steam and if its a game that has not been available in the west and very little information can even be found about it from its Eastern version. Idk new enough for me. DOesn't have to literally be fresh out of the oven for me to want to try it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Let's be honest though for the most part mmos in general don't move forward they move to the side. Very few mmos have brought in real innovations and the ones that try imo usually do it poorly. Frankly, the only reason I do care about playing this is because it is just a standard MMO that does familiar things well.

As far as the trailer goes, yeah its youtube traffic has been fairly mediocre. Although the beta week did fairly well on twitch and the beta was absolutely full of players.
    Diablo Bore.

Combat looks fun. World is beautiful. Housing looks great. I'll give it a shot.

SUMMARY of the recent beta 2 stream, one fact is clear, Gameforge has very little control here.

Leveling experience is improved and smoother (faster) without any more leveling walls.

In addition, English voice acting is in CBT2 (partial) and has been previewed on their stream.

There will be a toggle between Chinese and English voice acting at launch.

Hard mode dungeon difficulty has been increased for CBT2.

Extreme Difficulty Dungeons will likely come with raids (assumed)

No new costumes at launch - the shop will stay the same as it is now - no surprises. Beta shop is launch shop.

Raids will come only weeks after launch - not in CBT2.

Valley of Echoing Blades added for CBT2 and Launch - FACTION PVP, FACTION ZONE, FACTION COMBAT. This zone is for Red(Mysticism) vs Blue(Heaven's Children) PVP. MASS PVP and no SAFE ZONE.
    Choosing a faction is not mandatory and you may remain neutral.

Faction PVP vs opposing faction is allowed in other zones when "flagged for faction pvp" (resets at 6am). If you flag you will not be able to change until 6am. Reputation store will allow you to purchase a faster cooldown faction change.
    The Reputation store is not the cash store

You can change between Red and Blue faction once every seven days.

Factions are character bound NOT account bound

There are faction daily quests.

There are some faction systems not available in CBT2 or at launch: GVG, Alliances, and 100v100 (instanced).

You can earn faction gear, mounts, and costumes via faction pvp.

All future updates are free.

Roadmap is coming closer to launch for all future updates.

Gameforge assumes you will get more character slots as the additional classes are added.

Potential character customization adjustments and additions - they are looking into it.

First battlepass is planned for a couple of weeks after release

No marriage in game. Emotes may be added later.

Friends can be given permissions to use your house.

Full English voice overs at launch.

Gameforge "believes" the cosmetic battlepass is $10. (It is "somewhere around that price"- verbatim from Phaendar)

Launch is a "couple of weeks after beta 2".
    Diablo Bore.

15+ Year Old Account
    So played a bit of the beta but meh, wasn't as enjoyable as I was hoping, so I've refunded. The game isn't bad, just didn't find it anything really special.

RELEASES TODAY

2 PM CEST

New MMO release day...is going to be a crap-show

- - - Updated - - -

So...before anyone buys the game here is what i experienced so far after 6 and a half hours time played.

Performance/Optimization:
    It runs fine on my computer BUT i experience sometimes small drops in frames and i have no idea if the reason is the crazyness of players on the same zone or not.
    I would give it a 7/10 from my experience

The only major problem so far:
    Translation
    Subtitles
    Voice acting

Is very bad I bursted out laughing at points but can be frustrating.
    I experienced stuff like subs saying one thing and voices saying other.
    Character speaking chinese in one second...and the very next phrase is speaking english.
    Female character dubbed by male voiceactor (>_<) ROFLMAO

My personal experience:
    Very enjoyable so far

Come join in on the fun, guys!

Ah yes the yearly asian MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Ah yes the yearly asian MMO
    This one is non-p2w. Buy it if you want to support non-p2w b2p models.
    Last edited by Ashleyxoxo; 2021-07-10 at 01:19 AM.

My high points so far

-I get a relaxing feeling, very chillax environment, music, gameplay etc
    -The Reaper class zone gave me weirdo vibes that i loved. From my understanding they stay in that dark city isolated for long periods of time...so some become weirdos. That one guy calling his pet scorpion his "wife" and telling me she is shy with new people....i found it funny
    -I have no idea what is going on...but i started some quests to go to this "Origami world"...and somehow i unlocked "triple jump"
    -The crazyness that is quick mount up cutscene (sprint > double jump > mount keybind) gives me dragonball vibes
    -Figuring out how to play the specific spec i picked...DoT based Reaper...after i spent a couple minutes reading all the skills. Felt good once i figured out some stuff
    -The crazyness of players on Reaper class zone was a funny sight
    -When a female character was dubbed by a male voice actor i shat my pants laughing

I only made it like 20 mins before I refunded it. I might not have given it enough time, but it'll probably be free to play in the next 4 or so months. It just felt like a worse blade and soul. The VA, GFX and stuff just weren't up to snuff. I'll sit on it a little bit and see how it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sunk a good amount of hours into the game over the past weekend and managed to hit 36 or so. It definitely has some jank, but I'm thoroughly enjoying my time so far.

+ I've only played Summoner (36ish) and Reaper (13) so far, but both have been fairly fun. Planning on trying out Spearmaster or Beserker next.
    + No P2W aspect in the game (so far)
    + Game looks pretty good
    + Seems to have good PvE, PvP, and casual open-world PvX content
    + Action combat and Tab-Target are both valid playstyles, can be switched between at any time by pressing Control
    + Dual specs for each of the 6 classes, with an additional 2 planned (according to players in chat)

- Voice acting can range from decent to "get the delivery guy to read some lines while they're here". I swear some NPCs were even voiced by Text-to-Speech. Also, there must have been some missed lines when translating the game, as a character may speak 4 lines of dialogue in a row, and line #3 will be in Chinese where the rest are in English, which is made even worse when the subtitles can vary wildly than what characters are actually saying. Some lines in cutscenes can even be cutoff mid-sentence / overlap because they were too long compared to the original lines.
    - Questing is extremely on-rails, and you just barely get enough XP doing all main and sidequests to continue with the main story. There can be large sections with little / no combat (20+ minutes of fetch / talk to this NPC type quests)
    - Story is very "Eastern MMO", which combined with the poor voice acting I abandoned almost immediately
    - No fantasy races making everyone look identical
    - UI is poorly designed. Uses poor choice in font coloring for some menus, making it hard to read (Quest tracker uses dark blue with no border on a dark background)
    - Some collectables can be frustrating to find due to incredibly small sizes and colors that blend in with the surface they're on.

We'll see how long my enjoyment lasts once I hit max level (50?).

Bought it today, if it is half the GW2 experience i had it would be pretty awesome. Lets see. I am neither pessimistic nor optimistic.