Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    I've been playing since (re)launch and I don't see any problem with more players with the exception of 58's screwing up AV.
    ...And AB and WSG. The entire BG system is fucked at the moment because boosters want to AFK to some epics before the patch launches. When you've cleared the raid content, doing BGs is a lot of what's left.

Your comments about the economy are irrelevant, the launch of TBC is going to upend anything anyway, and you can farm more than 20g/hr just killing ogres in The Vice, now and before patch so... not sure where you're going with that.

Sure you can say "well all the positives clearly out weigh that!" but that's not what I'm protesting I'm protesting this obnoxious "MY gameplay isn't affected so NO ones gameplay is", or even worse the "more players = better game" farce that people suggest all the time.

That said I'm 99% convinced you don't post on here in good faith judging by your other thread so take what you want from that and run with it.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2021-05-27 at 04:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Ugh whitemanes lfg is the new barrens chat if its not retards spewing its boosters. finding a legit group is nearly non exsistant
    The Boost spam is atrocious there. I ended up installing the classic version of Global Ignore List addon and made a custom filter:

[channel=4] and [word=boost] or [word=boosts] or [word=boosting] or [word=wts] or [word=slot] or [word=gdkp] or [word=ffa] or [word=duo]

my LFG channel is 4. I started with just the word "boost" and then added words/tags until basically every boosting/carry advertisement stopped showing up. Next I might filter out guild recruitment messages as well.

It also helps to put the LFG channel in a separate chat tab because even without all the boost spam, it moves fast with all the actual groups being formed.
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2021-05-27 at 04:56 AM.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    I got the opposite im shit cuz i wont pay to boost my pally or have no friends to mob tag with its hilarious
    lul imagine not buying a boost in ''insert current year''

Your comments about the economy are irrelevant, the launch of TBC is going to upend anything anyway, and you can farm more than 20g/hr just killing ogres in The Vice, now and before patch so... not sure where you're going with that.
    You play on a PVP server? Didn't think so. As for the BG thing, it's one week. Regardless, most people exploited the pre-honor kill and are sitting at max now. Which is the main contributing factor as to why you don't see any purple geared 60s in your BGs. Farming for what will be worthless epics one day after BC launches. If anything, they're farming for 70 blues, which are out-performed by heroic dungeon gear anyway. Did you even play BC?

Ironically, you and your lot will convert to BC in a week, even though all of these "problems" you're concerned with would go away (for you) if you just stayed in Vanilla. And then you can be all whiny again in two years when the same thing happens prior to Wrath. BTW, be sure to start giving shit to all of the pallys/shaman in your guild, depending on your faction. Because I promise you that they're all using gold boosting to level before BC.

As for what you're protesting, you sound exactly like the WoW purists I referenced in my previous thread who bitch and moan about BC even existing at all and wishing WoW Classic would never change, slowly losing players over time until just a few small servers are left in max phase. No one can say "MY gameplay isn't affected so NO ones gameplay is" without being a hypocrite; would you be complaining at all if your gameplay wasn't allegedly affected? No.

You play on a PVP server? Didn't think so. As for the BG thing, it's one week. Regardless, most people exploited the pre-honor kill and are sitting at max now. Which is the main contributing factor as to why you don't see any purple geared 60s in your BGs. Farming for what will be worthless epics one day after BC launches. If anything, they're farming for 70 blues, which are out-performed by heroic dungeon gear anyway. Did you even play BC?

Ironically, you and your lot will convert to BC in a week, even though all of these "problems" you're concerned with would go away (for you) if you just stayed in Vanilla. And then you can be all whiny again in two years when the same thing happens prior to Wrath. BTW, be sure to start giving shit to all of the pallys/shaman in your guild, depending on your faction. Because I promise you that they're all using gold boosting to level before BC.

As for what you're protesting, you sound exactly like the WoW purists I referenced in my previous thread who bitch and moan about BC even existing at all and wishing WoW Classic would never change, slowly losing players over time until just a few small servers are left in max phase. No one can say "MY gameplay isn't affected so NO ones gameplay is" without being a hypocrite; would you be complaining at all if your gameplay wasn't allegedly affected? No.
    You really ran with it I hope it was fun.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You really ran with it I hope it was fun.
    It was! I know your admitting defeat sure wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    I love all the spotty nerds telling me I must be shit because I boosted when I completed all this content 15 years ago on a potato with 200ms, no weak auras and no in depth guides/videos. Nothing makes me laugh harder when they think the content is even hard for today's standards.
    I played this game back in the day too. Thats why I couldnt give a rats ass about what anyone are doing. The real nostalgia trip lies in the journey from 1-60 and now 1-70. The raids at max level? Done a million times. Heck, you can go and do them on retail right now and get sweet Tmog gear. I really like EK/K, Outland is more meh. Leveled through there so many times over the years, im not really that hyped about it.

I can understand why people are though, especially if they missed out alot back in the day. BC is a fantastic xpac.

The outland world is the same in both versions of wow. The classic world is not and im playing for that reason. Maybe one day i'll reach 70 on a character..

Anyway - Wether people boost or not is not really my concern or something I care about. I actually feel sorry for those that miss out on the leveling in the classic world. I would recommend people do it atleast once.

It was! I know your admitting defeat sure wasn't.
    Not once in that weird ramble of false assumptions did you even attempt to address anything I said.

Quick recap :

Poster: I can't see any negatives to adding boosts.

Me: So that means they don't exist?

Poster: I guess so, but I don't see them.
    (This is where the exchange should have ended, really)

You: Point out these negatives please

Me: Here.

You: No, because [nonsensical ramble about how Zandalar Tribe isn't a PvP server (it is) and that I'm somehow a Vanilla purist (I'm not) or that I'm complaining about the boost (Hardly, just pointing out how they have detracted from my gameplay at the moment; because for some reason some people refused to accept any such detraction even existed).

But you're right, you sure showed me; I admit defeat.

But you're right, you sure showed me; I admit defeat.
    That's all I needed to hear,.